• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
You know....I've been thinking.....of restarting the FNT, same rules as before, but this time only 16 entrants, first 16 get in, and you must be fully commited to the tourney, no leaving randomly part way through.....I doubt I can get TearZ (Heartz new alias) to update this thread for me.....so I'll likely create a bracket/thread on my site to manage things....til then sign up here....like I said, first 16 get in, if there's a high demand I may make it 32 entrants, but only if 16 others join, and join fast. That being said, I want full commitment to the tourney, and for everyone to fight honorably, and may the best person win (I say person btw because of the likely hood of Bunny signing up....I believe Zero is also a girl....can't remember everything I read.....eh don't matter what you are, just don't screw up the tourney)

1)DevilWillCry

Man....it's been forever since I triple posted here......that brings back good memories XD
Of course I'll join. Sign me up.

Beat

Smash Ace
Hey thread... Um, okay, so I have a wii but still no Brawl, my amigo Scar and I couldn't locate a working .iso file for the game in their language. So my other amigo, Roykid, might be in town tonight with a copy, haha.

Figured I'd just give a status update. Expect to (maybe) play me tonight or tomorrow.

For those of you who haven't heard, I'm picking up Snake. Expect sadness on your part.

ExplodingMan

Smash Journeyman
i dont know if ill be able to fully commit to the tourney. even if i did, id go out without a bang. if its a double elimination tournament i might be able to do some work in the losers bracket.

EDIT-- Yeah, devil i cant get onto NeW either. at first i thought it was my cpu, but SS just proved me wrong. whats up with the site?

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Heh.....kinda funny, Beat drops Ike, picks Snake (not sure if he still uses him though). I drop Snake pick up Ike, as soon as my wi-fi stop sucking balls and you have one, I finally want my match against you Beat, I look forward to brawling someone of your skill.

Beat

Smash Ace
Heh.....kinda funny, Beat drops Ike, picks Snake (not sure if he still uses him though). I drop Snake pick up Ike, as soon as my wi-fi stop sucking balls and you have one, I finally want my match against you Beat, I look forward to brawling someone of your skill.
I didn't drop Ike. I main Ike, but I added Snake to my roster.

Ike, Falco, Snake, Lucario, Metaknight, in order of how well I generally do with them. My only issue with Ike is that 95% of his matches are unbalanced either heavily for or against him, so when I win with him I feel like "Oh, I only won because Ike destroys ______". When I lose it's like "Why the f*** is Ike so awful?!".

Oh well.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039

Ike, Falco, Snake, Lucario, Metaknight, in order of how well I generally do with them. My only issue with Ike is that 95% of his matches are unbalanced either heavily for or against him, so when I win with him I feel like "Oh, I only won because Ike destroys ______". When I lose it's like "Why the f*** is Ike so awful?!".

Oh well.
That's how I feel about most if not all of my mains. T_T

Brawl is so unbalanced...

Exia 00

Smash Champion

Oh well.
So melee really is more balanced? I think i may look around for a copy =/

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
That's how I feel about most if not all of my mains. T_T

Brawl is so unbalanced...
Ya, it's nice to see so much effort was put into balancing it Sis.

Also nice to see you still use him Beat, I'm Ike and R.O.B. myself.

My site is down again......man KZF picked such a bad host....well the Xat is still up

Contestant Update

1)DevilwillCry
2)Exia 00
3)SeventhSword
4)HW DarkLink
5)Kawaii Bunny
6)KaZe
7)DarkLeviathan89
8)XNirvanaX
9)Toast2152
10)Super Sonic8677
11)ExplodingMan

Exia 00

Smash Champion
Ya, it's nice to see so much effort was put into balancing it Sis.

Also nice to see you still use him Beat, I'm Ike and R.O.B. myself.

My site is down again......man KZF picked such a bad host....well the Xat is still up

Contestant Update

1)DevilwillCry
2)Exia 00
3)SeventhSword
4)HW DarkLink
5)Kawaii Bunny
6)KaZe
7)DarkLeviathan89
8)XNirvanaX
9)Toast2152
10)Super Sonic8677
11)ExplodingMan
That was fast =/. It looks like i need some practice though x_x. I would be training my lucas if i was at home.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
12)ProBrawler
13)ZeroXUnit
14)Cat Fight

Also I ask that everyone entered in the tourney, if not already have a contact method with me, add me through AIM/MSN to simplify communication, just pm it to me, it would really help me alot if you did

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
15)Sudsy86

1 more, after the next entrant you can continue to sign up, but I'll create the match ups for the first 16, after 1 day and a half, if another 16 do not sign up, then the original 16 will be the only ones to fight

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
Well with the help of my bro, I have the brackets ready for the tournye (all completely random, even though I have to replace myself, since I'm the only one who has to be, I made the brackets anyway, so when the next person enters, he'll take my spot in the brackets.) Without further ado

Zero X Unit
ExplodingMan

Exia00
XnirvanaX

Kawaii Bunny
KaZe

Toast2152
Cat Fight

ProBrawler
Thanoxyn

Sudsy86
HW DarkLink

DarkLeviathan89
SeventhSword

Super Sonic8677
DevilWillCry (To be replaced)

Need Communication Methods For:
Zero X Unit
Exia 00
KaZe
Toast2152
Cat Fight
Sudsy86
HW DarkLink
SeventhSword
Super Sonic8677

Rules will be shown in the updated final bracket, the tourney will begin 7 pm est Sunday, the first round shall last 5 days, or until every match is completed, I'll also make a thread on my site that people can check out for any bracket changes and such (I know I said I'd give time for 16 more, but I decided it's far easier to keep it this low). I'll be back when the toruney starts, please get in touch with your opponent, and myself, and good luck to everyone

ExplodingMan

Smash Journeyman
So is there gonna be a whole new thread here, or just a new post with all the rules? and devil, the site keeps going on and off. it works, then you refresh the page and it stops working. KZF picked a crappy host.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
We need something. Something that will get a bunch of people to post more here. I have no idea what could get a bunch of gamer guys to come here. Hmm....

Any ideas, Bunny?
Hmm...I'm a girl...there are mostly guys here...

Nope no idea. You got any ideas?

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Sup guys. :) And hey Devil, I haven't seen you in a long time. :confused:
Hey, Abaca, good to see ya.

Hmm...I'm a girl...there are mostly guys here...

Nope no idea. You got any ideas?
Nope. I don't think anyone here could get a bunch of male posters to post here more often...

Maybe we should do a tournament...?

Nah, that'd never work.
I kid, I kid....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom