• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace
The question mark is irrelavent. To the best of my knowledge,it seems I was the "new member" mentioned in the post prior to that response of yours.

It's too late to properly comment on that question of yours because you answered my question after I had long left it.

I am L. And the pleasure is all mine.
Sorry. The last time I checked, a question mark was relevent in a sentence, because it indicates the group of words formed a question, of which needs to be answered. I wasn't gifted with psychic abilities that transcend the internet, so I thought that the answer to a simple question would annul all confusion. I wasn't trying to get into a battle of wits with you, just a mere greeting is all. Just making sure you weren't a grammer nazi; after all, this is a forum, not an essay.

LLLLLink

Smash Apprentice
Sorry. The last time I checked, a question mark was relevent in a sentence, because it indicates the group of words formed a question, of which needs to be answered. I wasn't gifted with psychic abilities that transcend the internet, so I thought that the answer to a simple question would annul all confusion. I wasn't trying to get into a battle of wits with you, just a mere greeting is all. Just making sure you weren't a grammer nazi; after all, this is a forum, not an essay.
What? Again, Mitsu? lol......

Beat

Smash Ace
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=j-rTuKFkHIc

There, watch it and become enlightened B
Meh, I watched it, too, and I disagree with a lot of it.

1) Not all male gamers aren't socially awkward.
2) Although several game characters can be seen as attractive (I honestly don't care if Ivy's pixelated, she's still hot) it doesn't mean we become warped into thinking all women must look like them to be attractive. I like my women shorter in comparison to myself (I probably should anyway, I'm 6'). I also like them "healthy" compared to the girls whose rib cages show on a consistent basis.
3) Not all male gamers' behaviors change when acknowledged by women. I'm consistently a sarcastic, dark humored, albeit smart and (when I want to be) charming person.

Pixels are hot. Screw this video.

xX'Mitsurugi'Xx

Smash Ace

2) Although several game characters can be seen as attractive (I honestly don't care if Ivy's pixelated, she's still hot) it doesn't mean we become warped into thinking all women must look like them to be attractive. I like my women shorter in comparison to myself (I probably should anyway, I'm 6'). I also like them "healthy" compared to the girls whose rib cages show on a consistent basis.
3) Not all male gamers' behaviors change when acknowledged by women. I'm consistently a sarcastic, dark humored, albeit smart and (when I want to be) charming person.

Preach! lol

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567

I agree with beat.

Beat

Smash Ace
Yes, that video games objectify women.
Video games don't objectify women. They match the social standard of beauty which objectifies women. However, beauty is relevant. The only things I find attractive are basically ball-busting women (what can I say, I love a woman who can kick my ***) and classy girls.

Beat

Smash Ace
I'm double-posting because in a previous post I accidentally used a double negative.

I'm sorry, smashboards. I must die.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Video games don't objectify women. They match the social standard of beauty which objectifies women. However, beauty is relevant. The only things I find attractive are basically ball-busting women (what can I say, I love a woman who can kick my ***) and classy girls.
Maybe thats why game girls looks like that.. to stimulate the different between fastasy and reality.

Beat

Smash Ace
Maybe thats why game girls looks like that.. to stimulant the different between fastasy and reality.
No, there are people who live and breathe each day who do that. They're called celebrities. Sure, there are "beautiful" people in this world (by which I mean those who fall into the media's perception of beauty), but the reality is that in our oh so glorious nation, our populous is comprised of diabetes-ridden couch potatoes.

The thin women are typically more flat-chested, the thin guys less muscular. People with the anatomy of Ike or Samus are almost impossible to come by, and yet so many strive for it.

Beauty is within, dammit.

...though there can sure be a whole lotta ugly outside, too.

Edit: I can't fight tonight, Mitsu. I'm getting my Wii replaced tomorrow, I don't have one tonight.

~L~

Smash Cadet
In that question it was irrelavent. What it seemed you were implying was much more important.

I understand this is a forum. I did not start that debate on grammer. I do not search for conflict but when it arises,I may have something to say.

I apologize for taking a long time to answer this. I had other matters to attend to before I could respond.

Your greeting is accepted.

Beat

Smash Ace
Ok, how would you have phrased it? Are you trying to invoke my anger?
I usually love you, Mitsu, since you're a pretty cool guy. However, stuffiness like "invoke my anger" is just stupid and laughable online, unless you're gonna drive to his house and pummel him or something... I'd be okay with you doing that to 'em, by the way.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
I usually love you, Mitsu, since you're a pretty cool guy. However, stuffiness like "invoke my anger" is just stupid and laughable online, unless you're gonna drive to his house and pummel him or something... I'd be okay with you doing that to 'em, by the way.
You wouldn't even make it in the building mistu! lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom