• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
I try, usually end up failing. I chain grab well against Ike, Marth, Sheik, Fox, Falco, Wolf, bigger characters. The tiny ones I have trouble with.
Hmm, well you got a lot against my Yoshi. I even remember tripping into your chain grab <_<

But still you seem to have it down. I remember you got this combo where it was like...

Actually, it's better if I show you. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmCUuMGy5f0

That combo you did on me like the one 1:00 in that video was absolutely beastly. Well played.

Chaco

Never Logs In
GG hearts, that was good practice for my fox/pit game even tho I lost I think I figured out what I'm doin wrong.
Hey Duo, I need some WiFi practice with my Ice climbers, and I see you are good at helping, so how about later once your done with Yuuki and Levi.

Duo55

Smash Ace
That's not a bad idea. If possible, I'd like some advice too.
Really, DarkL your yoshi is pretty good, I'm not an advid yoshi player, but when you get to the skill lvl your at with your character, its not really what YOU do, but the char your opponent uses, and the strategy they employ is what you should base your tactic off of. Like it seems you know your char through and through. That is the very first thing anyone trying to improve should do. Find out when _____ attack should be used, and how long it will last, and exactly how much range it has. Find out at what % your char becomes in danger of being KO'd by all the chars. Little things like that. KNOWNG everything about your char is important. So darkL, since your past this point I suggest you just start finding the weakness's of all the chars. Develop strategies for all the chars you may fight. As for you yuki, your brother could teach you a thing or two about this, your prob is you don't employ any mind games, basicly thats a fancy title for being able to fake your opponent out. Like a basic mind game is running at your opponent, then when they strike at you move in for the attack. That just a basic tho, the more skilled your opponent, the more crafty you have to be. Thats all I got for now, I gtg somewhere right now. Be back in 2 hrs.

~Infinity~

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8710-6567
Really, DarkL your yoshi is pretty good, I'm not an advid yoshi player, but when you get to the skill lvl your at with your character, its not really what YOU do, but the char your opponent uses, and the strategy they employ is what you should base your tactic off of. Like it seems you know your char through and through. That is the very first thing anyone trying to improve should do. Find out when _____ attack should be used, and how long it will last, and exactly how much range it has. Find out at what % your char becomes in danger of being KO'd by all the chars. Little things like that. KNOWNG everything about your char is important. So darkL, since your past this point I suggest you just start finding the weakness's of all the chars. Develop strategies for all the chars you may fight. As for you yuki, your brother could teach you a thing or two about this, your prob is you don't employ any mind games, basicly thats a fancy title for being able to fake your opponent out. Like a basic mind game is running at your opponent, then when they strike at you move in for the attack. That just a basic tho, the more skilled your opponent, the more crafty you have to be. Thats all I got for now, I gtg somewhere right now. Be back in 2 hrs.
dude no ones gonna read all of dat! its the size of my history text book
great info though. i felt that you knew how ever characters pros and cons work. players must be in sync with all characters not one or 2

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Meh, I watched the whole thing, Mitsu is too nice to say this, but I am not. No offense, but you got owned. Also, I'd like to add another thing, He never said that he was better than you or anyone for that matter. The whole stock/time thing was just a cheap reason to why you lost. Why does time hurt you? Because you camp and smash spam, and when you get behind a point you start leaving your tactic to assault him directly, which you stand no chance of winning, but I don't care about that, its your tactic, it works, stick to it. But there is no reason for excuses. Espesially accusing someone of spamming, when they weren't. Chain grabbing is a tech, and thats basically the only move he used more than twice in a row besides the blaster. That is only, of course, if your comment next to your tag was directed at mitsu. Thats all, you played a GG, but making excuses is the sign of a sore loser, which I believe is out of character for you.
TOPIC LOCKED. lmao. I wasn't complaining. I was saying that he can be a much better fighter without having to rely on his blaster. I have played a very good Wolf main, and not ONCE did he use his blaster. And trust me, I didn't get owned. ♪♪♪

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Does anyone want to have a team battle or themed match...?
EDIT: Wow, 333rd post.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
All right, if you wanted, we could wait until more players come to have a team battle; is that all right with you?
Aww, I lost it...
OK, Heartz, want to try our hand at working together again...or would you rather be on the opposite team?
Btw, Genis is better than Jade. (I feel like I had to bring that out :laugh:)

Yukiwarashi

Smash Champion
Ah, thanks Duo. Although, having to follow my brother is a little embarrassing to be honest. He's 7 years younger than I am. XD

Mmph. I have to agree though...Les, you really are someone who knows absolutely everything there is to know about Yoshi, or that's the feeling you give off when I'm facing you. It's really cool. That's the level I'm trying to work towards, where I understand and can do everything my character can. Once I really get my mains figured out, I can work towards that.

Edit: I'm up for teams. I went out and bought a new controller, I hope it serves me well.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
OK, so now we have 4 players. I'll be on Blue team. I'll record Reborn Fox's code right now.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
All right, if you wanted, we could wait until more players come to have a team battle; is that all right with you?
Aww, I lost it...
OK, Heartz, want to try our hand at working together again...or would you rather be on the opposite team?
Btw, Genis is better than Jade. (I feel like I had to bring that out :laugh:)
I WAS going to pair with you until I read that last comment. ROFL. Sure, let us fight alongside each other once again.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
Dang, I'd like to join, but I have a practice tourney to attend to.... I highly doubt many individuals will attend, so how about later tonight if you're still interested then?
Sure, it's been a while since we played in the same match, anyway.

Luso

Smash Ace
NNID
JonLuso
3DS FC
3566-1666-9423
I WAS going to pair with you until I read that last comment. ROFL. Sure, let us fight alongside each other once again.
I didn't mean any folly; I just wanted to see what your reaction was to that. I mean, a Kendama is better than a dumb old Javelin. :)
Anyway, I'm setting up the room.
EDIT: Fox, add my code, OK? Then, join in the room I'm gonna create.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom