• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☆The Friendly Neighborhood Tournament☆

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beat

Smash Ace
I really don't know why people want to fight me...
Imagine this weren't the internet for a moment. 30 males are hunched forward in their seats in front of 15 TVs and Wiis, developing scoliosis more each passing stock. Clutching their controllers in their stubby, sausage-like fingers, they argue frivolously over Brawl, why characters are "gay", and, more than likely, obscure anime series. Sweat dribbles down their foreheads from their greasy, ill-kept hair as they toil away in front of their screens.

Suddenly, a girl walks into the room. There will be males who flex their muscles. Others will resort to directly insulting each-other. The rest will zip up their hoodies and whip out their notebooks to write bad poetry, on the off chance that she's that type of girl. Regardless, it becomes a competition more difficult than Brawl or even Melee. No matter what method they use to impress, there WILL be blood.

Luckily you're on SWF instead of directly entering a tournament. You're safe.

I, however, want to play you because I honestly have never played a video game against a girl and caught even a whiff of actual competition. This isn't an insult, though. It's a statement of fact. No girl has ever beaten me at a game.

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Imagine this weren't the internet for a moment. 30 males are hunched forward in their seats in front of 15 TVs and Wiis, developing scoliosis more each passing stock. Clutching their controllers in their stubby, sausage-like fingers, they argue frivolously over Brawl, why characters are "gay", and, more than likely, obscure anime series. Sweat dribbles down their foreheads from their greasy, ill-kept hair as they toil away in front of their screens.

Suddenly, a girl walks into the room. There will be males who flex their muscles. Others will resort to directly insulting each-other. The rest will zip up their hoodies and whip out their notebooks to write bad poetry, on the off chance that she's that type of girl. Regardless, it becomes a competition more difficult than Brawl or even Melee. No matter what method they use to impress, there WILL be blood.

I, however, want to play you because I honestly have never played a video game against a girl and caught even a whiff of actual competition. This isn't an insult, though. It's a statement of fact. No girl has ever beaten me at a game.
lmao. I'm one of the few guys that would not do that. I'd watch the other guys look like fools. lol.

Beat

Smash Ace
For future reference, Nirvana, don't post twice in a row. Just click the "edit" button of your last post if you have something to add. You didn't commit a sin or anything, but that's called a "double-post" and it's sorta viewed as a no-no.

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone does ONE of those things. Unless they don't have junk.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Umm...Teh Chocobo? I'd like to play you as well if you don't mind.

Beat

Smash Ace
Umm...Teh Chocobo? I'd like to play you as well if you don't mind.
Call me Beat. I'm in the process of a name change... I'm kinda sick of "Chocobo". It was my Melee tournament name, and I'm pretty much over Melee (even though I miss the speed... and the l-cancelling... and the not tripping).

I might be able to squeeze in some matches if you wanna.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
amen nirvana, though he does make a good point, its sad in a small way, besides i've seen something like that happen, the person who didn't try anything won the day (no i didn't try anything either, he's just luckier :)). also dang we almost finished unknown, sorry about that sorta stop during the end, i was switching my music, bad idea. you have a pretty solid Link but let me offer you some words of wisdom, your zair is one of your best assets, great for keeping annoying foes away as well as approaching, it's easy to use and apply, plus it has no landiong lag so it allows for anything to follow up, you can also use it while holding a bomb

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Okay Beat. It sounds like a plan. Please PM me when you're available.

Nelo Vergil

Smash Master
by your pic and the name Beat i'm assuming you've played the world ends with you, is it a good buy, i love final fantasy and enjoy kingdom hearts and was thinking about getting it, but it seems very hetic, any advice?

Super_Sonic8677

Smash Lord
I believe we have played before but I don't remember the outcome or when it even was....I'd play you if I could but sadly it is impossible right now....

Tehchocobo,since you live in Pa,lag should be nonexistent. I'll add you fc if your willing to fight.

haha Until your last 2 sentences,your post was annoying and pointless. She already stated she had a BF and I didn't come here to meet girls,I came here to play talented smashers.

F-A-I-L -_-

Unknown17

Smash Ace
amen nirvana, though he does make a good point, its sad in a small way, besides i've seen something like that happen, the person who didn't try anything won the day (no i didn't try anything either, he's just luckier :)). also dang we almost finished unknown, sorry about that sorta stop during the end, i was switching my music, bad idea. you have a pretty solid Link but let me offer you some words of wisdom, your zair is one of your best assets, great for keeping annoying foes away as well as approaching, it's easy to use and apply, plus it has no landiong lag so it allows for anything to follow up, you can also use it while holding a bomb
Thx..i guess...i really didn't understand it much but i think i get it...i have a long way to go to catch up to some ppl...well maybe not that long way...*smiles*..

XFadingNirvanaX

Smash Champion
Sorry Beat. I completely forgot about editting. That's very unlike me. And yes, double posts can be very annoying. ~Kawaii Bunny~, want to brawl? I need some people to fight. If anyone else wants to just tell me.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend

That is quite the monologue you have there, Beat. I won't say "I wish to be that first girl" because I would be underestimating you. Perhaps a duel in the near future would suit us both? I do not fight to prove a point, I merely fight for leisure and to make allies as well.

gorgon.

Smash Ace
That's alright, Unknown. If you're having internet difficulties, I recommend purchasing a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB. They're cheap, effective, and very easy to use. No WEP key or anything.

Beat

Smash Ace
That is quite the monologue you have there, Beat. I won't say "I wish to be that first girl" because I would be underestimating you. Perhaps a duel in the near future would suit us both? I do not fight to prove a point, I merely fight for leisure and to make allies as well.
You dun have to be so formal, but sure. I'm not saying "prove me wrong" on my end, either, 'course. I play wifi for kicks, it doesn't prove a whole lot due to the lag. If we played and it was one-sided in my favor, I'd use my fun characters anyhow.

Smash might be serious business, but I ain't exactly the most serious person.

DarkLeviathan89

Smash Lord
Anyone want to battle at around 9 PM eastern? I feel like I'm missing a lot from this thread because I haven't played since yesterday XD

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
That's alright, Unknown. If you're having internet difficulties, I recommend purchasing a Nintendo Wi-Fi USB. They're cheap, effective, and very easy to use. No WEP key or anything.
Actually, connection is not the problem. Random people who are added as your friend cannot join your room, and vice versa. This is a technical issue concerning the Brawl Wifi server. Unknown and I have been trying to duel each other for two days now. I also added someone else here and it did the exact same thing. But if you speak of his actual connection, then disregard this reply. -_-

Unknown17

Smash Ace
Hmm...thx...i need my internet to improve alot so can face ppl like u...n Heartz...

Unknown17

Smash Ace
Actually, connection is not the problem. Random people who are added as your friend cannot join your room, and vice versa. This is a technical issue concerning the Brawl Wifi server. Unknown and I have been trying to duel each other for two days now. I also added someone else here and it did the exact same thing. But if you speak of his actual connection, then disregard this reply. -_-
U think that's not the problem...or it happens sometimes not all the time...

gorgon.

Smash Ace
Heartz said:
Actually, connection is not the problem. Random people who are added as your friend cannot join your room, and vice versa. This is a technical issue concerning the Brawl Wifi server. Unknown and I have been trying to duel each other for two days now. I also added someone else here and it did the exact same thing.
Ah, truly? I didn't know...

In the meantime, anyone else want to Brawl?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
You dun have to be so formal, but sure. I'm not saying "prove me wrong" on my end, either, 'course. I play wifi for kicks, it doesn't prove a whole lot due to the lag. If we played and it was one-sided in my favor, I'd use my fun characters anyhow.

Smash might be serious business, but I ain't exactly the most serious person.
Well of course. Skill cannot be displayed gracefully due to technical handicaps such as button delay. I do not consider my self an elite player. I brawl for fun. Nothing more. Friendly competition only makes it more joyous. For example, the relationship between DevilWillCry and I. He insists on finding my Achille's Heel in battle. Of course, the average competitive gamer would take offense to this. But I know it is only friendly talk. There IS no seriousness in gaming unless you make. I agree with every single point you have stated, Beat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom