• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Steeler, Holms, Clel. This trivia is funny.
[collapse="Mario Party 1 Trivia"]Nintendo gave away a free Mario Party glove for awhile after Mario Party's release. The reason being, albeit a silly one, was that many gamers got blisters and such on the palms of their hands. This was on the count of the mini-games that involved spinning the Control Stick around as fast as possible. Nintendo suggested that the gamers should use the thumb to spin the Control Stick, but this method was a lot slower than rotating with the palm of the hand. The glove that Nintendo sent to the gamers had no logo, nor did it have any Nintendo characters on it. Receiving the glove required proof of purchase of the first game of the series. It is interesting to note that the glove was not available, and the glove give-away did not surface until after the release of Mario Party 2. It is also very interesting to note that the later Mario Party games replaced the Control Stick rotation minigames with button mashing minigames.[/collapse]

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ugh. Feeling like crap now. I'll post the results later. Thank you all for showing up to my biweekly. I plan to do another one, provided that I don't go to a different tourney.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
So uhh yeah. Now that I went to your biweekly, you'll all have to come to my tournament.

When I have it.

Special shout outs to Fino, Quote for riding all the way out from KC; Zeton for being THE #1 Fox in the Nation because he has the stones to not abandon his main at the first sight of Ice Climbers like SOME top foxes, Holms for mashing out of everything I was doing in bracket, Domo for the practice and the tips, Mr. Doom for hosting, and everyone else there. TaTown is Legit.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
As soon as I create the mpg files for my LP of Mario Party 3, I'll be heading over there.

lol Fat*** Wario.

fragbait

Smash Master
Frag if you want to host regular tournaments at LazyDayGames, you should probably discuss things with Micah and be more clear about what you want to do. Nobody besides you and I have ever even seen the place, and I haven't seen it since they revamped their game space. Post some picks, homes.
I'm actually at the shop right now, just talked with the owner.

Here's what I've got right now.

We will be running a series of BiWeekly tournaments.Tentative pricing is 5 dollar tourney fee, 10 dollar venue, which covers your time all day, the space, the use of the TVs and the internet for our livestream.
The store will provide the space for a full day, as well as internet access for a livestream and 5 HiDef Tvs for our use (They aren't here yet, I'll be lag testing them as soon as the do.)
We're setting it up League style, with points and such for each player (Mr. Doom, on this note, I have multiple things I'd like to talk to you about regarding such things as the BiWeeklies and the PRs) and at the end of the series, a huge cash prize for the top players. We're even talking about putting up a pot at each tournament.

I want to hold something, for sure, in the 3rd week of March. I'm going to be advertising the series on SWF in the tourney sections, and will probably have it coincide with the BiWeeklies.

I'm making the thread as soon as I'm done posting this, so if you have any questions get ahold of me on Facebook or on here.

Also, photos on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?id=106476969374899&aid=36449
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?id=106476969374899&aid=37104
http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?id=106476969374899&aid=37975

Also, someone have the KS-IO-MI circuit leader contact me. Thaaanks :3

Top Bottom