• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

SmokeMaxX

Smash Journeyman
I should make a rule about posting tournaments on my thread.

Haha I assume you're not a fan? Let me know and I'll stop posting about 'em on here. Just trying to spread the word. Just making sure people at least know about our tournament.

Typ_Ex

Smash Lord
so guys, ive been telling people i was going to do my own monthlies for awhile. here's what i got so far:

itll probably be at my house until too many people come

i would only do games that are played in our region by our community (probably melee, brawl, and mvc3)

I would charge a venue fee (probably $5 or so) and would only reduce it if you bring a setup we ACTUALLY use

dont know how the rules really go for mvc3 and melee, but i will have janky *** rules for brawl that goes as follows so far

1. I'd liek to see how this rule pans out because i dont like how GF's/LF's/WF's are being ran these days

I would like to try out a rule i thought of recently where stalling--in addition to ledge grab (which the number will be changed by me)--will also be measured as air time vs ground time.

2. I would only charge a venue fee because i would like to introduce a side award for style. Random subjective amounts of points will be awarded by whoever is watching for being flashy/hilarious. an example for brawl would be how nate/on occasion averil plays in general.

in marvel i found it hilarious when i was in KS that ky dropped a combo on holms on purpose and flew away cause the timer was about to run out anyway.

this will be funded by a %, if not all of the venue fee. which possibly means that the style award could get more than 2nd place hahahahahhahahahah.

3. 3rd place would at least get their money back, regardless of how many people showed up.

Any thoughts?

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Happy belated Birthday, Holms Monster! I know it was yesterday, so sowwee... =(

Apparently Chipotle is handing out FREE burritos this Sunday from 5PM to 9PM at the Central & Hillside and 29th & Rock Road locations. The catch is that you have to be a WSU Student in order to get a free burrito.

Depster

Smash Champion

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
As always, hosting at 4:30.

Oh...and Happy Birthday Holms, I'll give your butt **** spankings in smash when you come over tomorrow.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
As always, hosting at 4:30.

Oh...and Happy Birthday Holms, I'll give your butt **** spankings in smash when you come over tomorrow.
they are like "omg the grammar" xD
You can still make grammatical sense out of Zeton's statement, though it does seem a bit... I don't know which word to use. Apparently Zeton wants to give Holms' behind some "**** spankings," whatever that bloody phrase means.

I think Zeton was trying to say, "I'll give you butt-**** spankings in smash when you come over tomorrow."

Denti

Smash Master
I'd really like to make this weekends tournament in Lawrence. My only problem is that I don't feel comfortable doing the whole drive by myself. Is there a way that I could drive to and carpool with to the tournament as some sort of middle/halfway meeting point?

Thanks! :D

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
fino you big dumb nig. you know i would like to go for mp but i work this weekend. moar hedz up plox

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
*yawn* Just woke up. Doesn't sound like a bad idea. But...will anyone else be up for it???

I would like to play SSFIV, though. I feel my Dudley is getting classier every time I play that game.

Depster

Smash Champion
I walked into gamestop the other day and BAM! Luigis mansion and mario party 4 =p

In other news, if mario party is guarenteed tonight i'll be there lol, but I also am going to manhattan tomorrow so i'd have to leave early. Which is why it must be guarenteed of course.

:phone:

Top Bottom