• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Depster

Smash Champion
I've seen it before. I still love it. I still think I could sit here and watch that for an hour, but I don't have the time...

Depster needs to go to Wichita more often .-.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Thanks to everyone who came. I'm gonna miss not seeing you all on a week to week basis. Thanks for the memories though. Can't wait until next Summer to do this all over again. (:

Wish me luck. :D

Edit: Except Steeler and Holms. **** them. Stupid *****ass *****s. Shieeet.

fragbait

Smash Master
Epic win on that paper.

4rce, sorry I couldn't see you off man. Good luck where you're going.

Also when playing Brawl-, you shall refer to me as Gaga. And you will never understand why. kthx

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I went over to Alternate Realities today to have a chat with the owner. He's a great guy, and if SLAST 2 goes well, he'd be happy to work with us for a long term monthly series. I also talked to him about a certain something that I'm trying to put together, but it seems, we probably won't be able to hold it there. I'm looking into a new place right now, but I hope to have some information for everybody really soon.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I just saw Scott Pilgrim. It was pointless, pandering and pretty bad. It was the equivilent of sitting down and saying "Hey remember this thing from your childhood?" "Yeah! I totally do!" and then no substance beyond that. I seriously will not understand any of the hype behind this, I came close to walking out I was so bored.

It had a few good jokes, but most of it's jokes were executed poorly. Video game references were usually vaguely done as if to say the makers of this films didn't actually know much about games to get specific. The most specific reference was a fight scene using weapons from Soul Calibur. There were several opportunities for jokes that were just squandered (such as Combo Breaker, Ultra, dangerous to go alone. or the P Meter actually looking like the ****ing P Meter). Actually, I'd recommend Press Start, a little known low budget movie over this one. The music reference was general, hipster fair. The girl was pretty god **** ugly for someone who everyone is fawning over for no reason. In fact, she's almost the least attractive girl in the entire movie, which was kind of annoying considering the entire premise. Basically all the best scenes just involved the gay friend, everything else, was almost insulting low thrown as if they were afraid nobody would get the jokes they wanted to make. Also the "say one thing, do the opposite" joke they used over and over just got tired. ("Let's not go into it..." *proceeds to immediately go into it*).

If I were to sum it up, I'd say it was slow moving between its high points. The music is actually not that bad, though it tries to be pretty basically designed to hit the Hot Topic crowd hard. The action scenes are fun, and would overall make the movie better if there werent large chunks of the movie with nothing happening but Scott Pilgrim being annoying and awkward. The comic was better if you feel like checking this out, but I don't really recommend seeing this to anyone who wants a bit of substance in their movies.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I just saw Scott Pilgrim. It was pointless, pandering and pretty bad. It was the equivilent of sitting down and saying "Hey remember this thing from your childhood?" "Yeah! I totally do!" and then no substance beyond that. I seriously will not understand any of the hype behind this, I came close to walking out I was so bored.

It had a few good jokes, but most of it's jokes were executed poorly. Video game references were usually vaguely done as if to say the makers of this films didn't actually know much about games to get specific. The most specific reference was a fight scene using weapons from Soul Calibur. There were several opportunities for jokes that were just squandered (such as Combo Breaker, Ultra, dangerous to go alone. or the P Meter actually looking like the ****ing P Meter). Actually, I'd recommend Press Start, a little known low budget movie over this one. The music reference was general, hipster fair. The girl was pretty god **** ugly for someone who everyone is fawning over for no reason. In fact, she's almost the least attractive girl in the entire movie, which was kind of annoying considering the entire premise. Basically all the best scenes just involved the gay friend, everything else, was almost insulting low thrown as if they were afraid nobody would get the jokes they wanted to make. Also the "say one thing, do the opposite" joke they used over and over just got tired. ("Let's not go into it..." *proceeds to immediately go into it*).

If I Were to sum it up, I'd say it was slow moving between it's high points. The music is actually not that bad, though it tries to be pretty basically designed to hit the Hot Topic crowd hard. The action scenes are fun, and would overall make the movie better if there werent large chunks of the movie with nothing happening but Scott Pilgrim being annoying and awkward. The comic was better if you feel like checking this out, but I don't really recommend seeing this to anyone who wants a bit of substance in their movies.
You spelled "It was awesome!" wrong.

Teh Future

Smash Master
inferno u soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOooOooOOoOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOooooOoOOOOOoooOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooOooOOOooOOooOOooOooOOOoOOO mad

Trent

Smash Champion
inferno u soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooOooOooOOoOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOooooOoOOOOOoooOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooOooOOOooOOooOOooOooOOOoOOO mad
Heh. Yeah..

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Hahaha. Uhhh. Those games were...lmao.

College is fun so far but that's probably because classes haven't started up yet. I hope everything in Wichita is going well for everyone!!

:D

Top Bottom