• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I think I may have found the perfect venue I've been looking for. I'm supposed to drive out to talk to the owner tomorrow and see about getting a good price, but the quoted rate I already got is well within the boundaries of what I'm willing to pay.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Mr. Doom, did any TX smashers say they'd come up here for SLASTv2?
or did Holms scare them all away? :p

I think I may have found the perfect venue I've been looking for. I'm supposed to drive out to talk to the owner tomorrow and see about getting a good price, but the quoted rate I already got is well within the boundaries of what I'm willing to pay.
Awesome! Can't wait.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
They didn't seem very interested. >_> I did ask UTD Zac to spam my link all over the Texas boards, though.

Holms

Smash Ace
UTD Zac: "Wanna split, Holms? I'm okay with splitting, if you want to. But if you don't, I'm just gonna time you out for the next ten matches. So what do you want to do?"

Lol

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
<3 Holms. Part of wanting to split was just so we could get the tourney done faster and finish brawl- and do friendlies. And I totally said "I'll time you out in at least two matches" not ten. Your wolf is combo gay. If we had to play again I would have had to play extremely cautiously.

Holms

Smash Ace
I know, lol. I didn't take any offense to it. I would have had to play extremely cautiously against your broken overpowered character's smashes and fish and bacon. I'm kinda glad we split.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
You're wolf is so good. I don't understand how it does so much damage so fast. I honestly couldn't tell what was happening during most of the matches, merely cause I'm not familiar with that character's move animations.

Holms

Smash Ace
So is your game and watch. I'll never figure out why it only takes 10 moves for me to lose a stock to a smash attack.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Sigh. I went to talk to the possible venue but things fell though. A price demand was made that I could never possibly commit to. I need to find something good, but it's growing rather infuriating.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
The main problem is that our city only has "venues" for things like weddings and expects you to only want it for like 4 hours or less. The venue I went to today normally only hosts events over night and the very concept of wanting one all day was ludicrous to them. All of our public venues (I do mean all, I checked through the City of Wichita) rent in 4 hour blocks and have a maximum length of going to 10pm. They also charge you quite a lot for each additional hour over 4.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I've spoken to the only two game stores in Wichita who will host video games. One is WAY too small for what I want to to do, also not sure it would even be able to afford the electric bill of such. The other is the one I went to today. I only have one other option, but I can't get any type of commitment about where their space will even be, what size it is, how much it would cost, NOTHING for at least another few weeks.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
To tell the truth I didn't want to have to go back there again for several reasons that have nothing to do with the venue itself. We might have to, but I'd rather not.

Depster

Smash Champion
I think I really am going to be at more smashfests considering I don't actually start basketball until November. I have workouts after school that last for like half an hour to an hour, so I could be in Wichita by like 5:30 whenever somebody hosts. Is it possible that people could start posting a day early so that I could plan on it though?

Holms

Smash Ace
Pfft. Mr. Doom has taught me that the Ike Falco matchup is unwinnable for falco.
And I do want to go to mlg DC. Better start saving up for it.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
dang typ ex on that hard read between the lines

regardless, he is not mr. doom, and therefore you should do it holms

also

i want zac to be my garden gnome

he would hella protect my lawn from wayward meta knights

Top Bottom