• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
sure ...need some1 to bring 1-2 setups...my house 8pm
my number: 316-650-5645

nopants

Smash Apprentice
Looks like I'll be seeing you all at Event 52 :) Nopants, you're housing Hazy, Scud, Po, and I, right?
!!

I didn't know it would be four people! It's perfectly fine though.

The reason I ask who's going and how is because I think I'll ride up with the duders staying at my house.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
i don't think po's coming. i told him he could ride with us but he never said anything back about it. either way there's room in brett's car to take 4 or 5 to KC, so no sweat.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
it would be cool if OK came in early enough to smash for a bit friday night

Dark_EDGE

Smash Ace
sorry i havnt posted in FOREVER!!!

ya i still got ur controller dc, i never really go to witchita anymore

we still play smash allmost everyday, we just too lazy to check the boards for any smashfests and stuff like that

lately weve been playing d2 again since the ladder reset :)

anywayz someone has pong or my number so if you guys (attack) ever want us to come down for some smash night just give us a ring!!!

DarkCobra

Smash Ace
Thats just great. Anyways I might just show up on Friday, when all the cool people are going to be here. I just can't decide If I want to or not. What should I do? Yes, No, Maybe So?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Light

Smash Journeyman
DC should come.

Today's discoveries
With Falco:
Against low percentage opponents, if you shine them while under a platform, you can JC into instant wave-land onto the above platform allowing you to follow up with a ground attack: u-tilt, f-smash, d-smash. You can follow their DI by wavelanding straight down, to the right, or to the left.

Against mid percentage opponents, when they go flying off due to your shine, do the instant waveland on platform to double jump - essentially give you three jumps.

If you Dair an opponent who's standing on a platform, fastfall through the stage with another Dair as soon as your first Dair finishes. Sometimes this second dair will pull them through the platform also, letting you finish with a Dsmash or something on the ground.

+ Other stuff.

With Fox:
Top secret.

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
light- the thing with falco has been around for a while with platforms, it's just that no one does it for some reason.

same for sheik. i picked something up after watching plank's sheik which is after you downthrow a character under a platform, jump and waveland into a grab...repeat if necessary to fair! :D

Light

Smash Journeyman
That's cool. I pretty much assume that everything I make up has been found by someone else before. They're new to me.

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
will OK be housing here...or KC?...zinth said they might be housing there...?

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
If one of you can house three of us, then we'll stay in Wichita. Of course, I'm speaking based off of assumptions, because Dokkoise and Scud could very well leave me behind and just stay with Nopants (who's a slot too short for three), but I'm assuming that they'd accomodate for me if possible. And the idea of Smashing with you all in Wichita the day before sounds pretty fun.

Would any of the rest of you be able to house three? Or hell, if need be Dokkoise and Scud could stay with Nopants and then I could split off to stay with someone else in Wichita, and then you'd only have to house one person (me). All three of us in the same place would be better, but hey, I'd do that if I had to. I just reaaalllllyyy don't want to miss this opporunity to go OOS for Smash :(

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
*read OK thread*

brett and i plan on getting in pretty early friday. 2pm-ish.
the only bad thing is we have to leave sunday at like 6:45 AM :(
i have a flight from OKC at 10:25 AM

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Well, that's all good and fair, since this was your trip idea to begin with and I jumped along (if it seemed like I was trying to call the shots at times, I wasn't, though I don't know if anyone thought that, I'm mostly paranoid <_<;), and your flight plan does making housing in KC rather impractical, and I can certainly understand not wanting to drive 5-6 hours at a time.

However, I still wonder if any of the two options that I mentioned above would work? Which would be
A) someone else in Wichita houses all three of us
or
B) Nopants houses Brett/Alex as planned, and then someone else in Wichita houses just me.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
But how are you going to get here if Alex/Brett have no room?
Oh, they'll have room in their car, but it was just that there isn't enough room for three Smashers at Nopant's.

Either way though, I think I'm going to try to get Coty to come and then he could take me, which would reduce stress on Alex and Brett's part. Though I'd still want to house in Wichita, since, like Alex said, OK and Wichita are like pencils in a cup.

nopants

Smash Apprentice
Oh, they'll have room in their car, but it was just that there isn't enough room for three Smashers at Nopant's.

Either way though, I think I'm going to try to get Coty to come and then he could take me, which would reduce stress on Alex and Brett's part. Though I'd still want to house in Wichita, since, like Alex said, OK and Wichita are like pencils in a cup.
Good news, after negotiating (read: yelling) with my parents for a while, we have decided that my sister could be relocated for the weekend, giving us more room. You can stay with Orange if you like, or if you don't want to get split up, you can stay with me.

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Good news, after negotiating (read: yelling) with my parents for a while, we have decided that my sister could be relocated for the weekend, giving us more room. You can stay with Orange if you like, or if you don't want to get split up, you can stay with me.
Wow, that's like, really cool :) For convenience's and OK unity's sake, I'll stay with you. I think it'll make things easier over all. Thanks once again!

nopants

Smash Apprentice
Plus now I have tons of room for anyone else you might want to bring. My parents literally said, "However many people can fit in this house."

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
bring rasta and kosmos too???? lol? since they are getting in @ 2pm when do you all want to get together to get some matches in?

nopants

Smash Apprentice
Where is a better question. Also, what time do we need to leave to get to KC in time?

Scud

Smash Apprentice
I really hope more than just I am driving, because I think I can only take 2 people (not including me lol). There definitely isn't room in my trunk for stuff for 4 people...plus gamecube, tv?, and whatever. I hope more people come to this tourney than just me and Bryan.

Top Bottom