• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

MJG

Smash Hero
If I went to Wichita during part of Spring Break, would someone be able to house me? I offer sexy mocha chocolately-ness and a very campy/semi-aggressive toon link experience ( like any of you will ever play toonlink anyways >_>)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
If I went to Wichita during part of Spring Break, would someone be able to house me? I offer sexy mocha chocolately-ness and a very campy/semi-aggressive toon link experience ( like any of you will ever play toonlink anyways >_>)
I always house KC by default lol

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i just saw bwett on an episode of king of the hill

"hank fixes everything"

it's bwett in cartoon form

hey fragbait, i have an idea

before you start planning for no koast 3, why don't you try hosting a bi weekly tournament or something? because you have 0 experience afaik. it's nice to dream big but you have to be realistic and take it one step at a time. :\

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
idk how we gonna do a 2 day event are we even gonna pull enough ppl to justify that? Most tourneys like that have guarunteed pots and addons to the pot do we? Do we even have a biweekly in effect? Our tournament scene... Our crew is very fragile right now with few experienced and consistent placers. Why are we doin this? We don't need to impress anyone I suggest we take a different approach.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Steve, 13/14 won't work. It's same weekend as Chronicles and I have to be there. How's the week after sound?
NKv3 >>>>>>>>>> Chronicles

The weekend after won't work unless we make it the next Friday-Saturday.

Meh. March 18-19 might work better anyway.

before you start planning for no koast 3, why don't you try hosting a bi weekly tournament or something? because you have 0 experience afaik. it's nice to dream big but you have to be realistic and take it one step at a time. :\
He's going to work with me. I have a plan to get him ready for this; don't worry.

idk how we gonna do a 2 day event are we even gonna pull enough ppl to justify that? Most tourneys like that have guarunteed pots and addons to the pot do we? Do we even have a biweekly in effect? Our tournament scene... Our crew is very fragile right now with few experienced and consistent placers. Why are we doin this? We don't need to impress anyone I suggest we take a different approach.
NKv3 is going to be the first event in the SMW-W or MW-W circuit (whichever one we decide to do).

I have an idea for how we can come up with a bonus pot; I'd like to talk about it with you next time we see each other.

I really want all of this to end up working out.

fragbait

Smash Master
NKv3 >>>>>>>>>> Chronicles

The weekend after won't work unless we make it the next Friday-Saturday.

Meh. March 18-19 might work better anyway.

He's going to work with me. I have a plan to get him ready for this; don't worry.

NKv3 is going to be the first event in the SMW-W or MW-W circuit (whichever one we decide to do).

I really want all of this to end up working out.
I agree but I don't want to break a commitment, ya know?

March 18-19 sounds great.

Should I be afraid of this "Plan"? XD (jk)

And glad I have your support.

I don't have any experience that you've seen, but I've been involved in planning and running tourneys for a couple years. With Steve's help, I'm certain that I can pull off NK3.
This is true, and I've considered that. I hope that we can all work out our issues before the time comes. In the meantime, I hear you guys about Bi-Weeklies. Stay Tuned ;)

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Why dont you just have No KOAST -at- chronicles and just save the time? It's at a hotel, OOSers wouldnt have to worry about housing and there's going to be other tournaments going on there with some pretty awesome prizes, and theres a PA system to track players with and you'll have tons of volunteer help. You can easily set up a pre-reg system through them and I'm sure Russ would allow discounts under certain circumstances.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Depends on what venue Chronicles will be at this time around.

If it's at the same place, its not going to work. Its waaay too small.

Wait. A hotel? Where?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I have a meeting with Russ this weekend. I can just forward all the info I get to here if that suits. Me and another guy are supposed to be running the games room, but I do need people to monitor the actual tournaments themselves for me as I'll be busy helping with alot of outside stuff.

Top Bottom