• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
My netbook is a Lenovo S10. I also recommend Asus EEE PC.

The S10 can be had for 300-350 depending on how high you spec it. Coincidentally, the new model S10-2 can be had today from the Lenovo web site $300 (List price $439). Instructions on how to do it are here. This is a really good deal and I'm tempted to do it myself, but I'll wait until the processor is upgraded. The only current difference between the S10-2 and my S10 is a better battery, better keyboard and it's slightly smaller and lighter.

Specs:
- Intel ATOM Processor N270 Single Core ( 1.60GHz)
- Genuine Windows XP Home Edition
- 10.1 " Display
- 1 GB RAM
- 160GB HDD
- Broadcom 11b/g Wi-Fi wireless
- 2.2lbs

Ahhhh, I probably won't save up that much for a week. I'm only training and won't start serving until next week, but it will only take a week to save up $300. I'm assuming I should get the S10-2 though right, since it seems better and cheaper.

Also, with the specs and stuff, I'm not really smart with computers so I might need your help on what to get and stuff?

Zeton

Smash Lord
NNID
ZetonX
Hey, how late are you hosting Inferno? I'm dozing off now and wanted to take a nap before I head out.

fragbait

Smash Master
God, my friend that I brought with me the other night is really starting to piss me off. He seems to think that him and his friend Steve know more about the game than the hundereds of thousands of people here. Including you guys. Please, next time he comes with me, beat his ***, hard. Teach him a lesson, because he didn't get it last time. In Melee too.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'll be hosting through to when I get tired and kick people out. Probably 4 in the morning I guess

Frag: just bring him to the tournament tomorrow and he can have all his dreams systematically crushed

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
God, my friend that I brought with me the other night is really starting to piss me off. He seems to think that him and his friend Steve know more about the game than the hundereds of thousands of people here. Including you guys. Please, next time he comes with me, beat his ***, hard. Teach him a lesson, because he didn't get it last time. In Melee too.
I'll bring Melee if he comes today. I'm pretty sure Karma, KY, Mr. Doom, and Holms would wreck them.

EDIT: I'll be at Cameron's house with my setup around 6:30-7:00.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
I'm okay with you bringing Frank Sinatra and Sammy Davis Jr over, but I'm not a fan of Dean Martin.
What. I love Dean Martin.
How lucky can one guy be?
I kissed her and she kissed me!

I've played competitively for years and I've encountered his kind many times. Some guy that sits at home in front of his computer boasting of his own worth when all he does is play the CPU, his little sister and his circle of two friends. He's sitting there telling the world how good he is and how players that make money and do this for a living aren't that great. The Romans had a word for such a man: it's called scrub.

A man that knows not and knows not that he knows not that he knows not is a fool - shun him. -Bruce Lee

He can pick any game. If you can name a fighting game, I probably know the best player in Wichita at it whether I play it or not. We can arrange a gangbang on him.
Also, with the specs and stuff, I'm not really smart with computers so I might need your help on what to get and stuff?
Netbook specs are pretty much universal. You won't get much change except for hard drives and Memory. The real choice comes down to cosmetic choices, i.e. keyboard, color, where the buttons are on the trackpad, etc.

fragbait

Smash Master
I've played competitively for years and I've encountered his kind many times. Some guy that sits at home in front of his computer boasting of his own worth when all he does is play the CPU, his little sister and his circle of two friends. He's sitting there telling the world how good he is and how players that make money and do this for a living aren't that great. The Romans had a word for such a man: it's called scrub.

A man that knows not and knows not that he knows not that he knows not is a fool - shun him. -Bruce Lee

He can pick any game. If you can name a fighting game, I probably know the best player in Wichita at it whether I play it or not. We can arrange a gangbang on him.
Actually, all the games he says he's good at are games that I know Domo/KY play, so we're good., and that description of him was pretty dead on.

Also, about to hit 1000 pages gents, WOO.

KY_Des

Smash Ace

Fino

Smash Master
As of right now, MJG is saying "screw the parents" so KC has two peeps coming. Anpharos had work johns.
Can't ****ing wait!
Affinity, Zeton, Ky, Domo, Inferno... I want to play with you guys and just have you tell me what I could do to work on my game. Others too of course, but you guys are my top priority.

I would really appreciate the help / experience.

SO PUMPED

~Fino

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Netbook specs are pretty much universal. You won't get much change except for hard drives and Memory. The real choice comes down to cosmetic choices, i.e. keyboard, color, where the buttons are on the trackpad, etc.

Anyway, I tried typing in the coupon code in the first link you sent me and it's saying "Coupon not valid for current shopping cart." =[
Okay, the coupon wouldn't work because I don't have a corporate account, but I can't make one because I only have a yahoo account.​
Just tried again and got it to work.​

Also, I have no idea where to go to changing the color and trackpad. :)

Thanks for all of this, I really appreciate it.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Ugh... Stupid devil rat. I bet that doesn't work in Balanced Brawl, though. That game needs some work, but it should be the standard.

fragbait

Smash Master
The MW-E Championship + Live Stream is later today.

Looks like I'll have something to do in-between rounds :)

EDIT: Pikachu just got ridiculous: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238293
1) Sweet, link?
2) Pikachu for high tier.

I come on to check how everybody was doing and to say i might show up at he next brawl night....and then I see this.....tis a sad day indeed, brawl just got gayer
Ignore it; who plays Pikachu other than Gotan (he's a scrub) or Stealth (he's gone)?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Sigh due to MASSIVE cancellations....again....I'm going to cancel the tournament unless we make a certain number of entrants in which case it will just be a smashfest again. I am very disappointed in this city's smash scene.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
excuse my while i rant a little. **** THE NEW INFINITE! im tired of every **** new thing discovered by pikachu being some ****ing infinite or high% cg. i pride myself on playing a non gay/non campy playstyle, only going there when i absolutely must. now this. **** brawl. /rant

also this is not that hard, if i was there for the tourney i would be using it on yall lol. also we can cg some chars into it, like mk. any time we use uair we can start this, the only way out is possibly SDIing the uair or the footstool, still under debate.

supergamer001

Smash Ace
excuse my while i rant a little. **** THE NEW INFINITE! im tired of every **** new thing discovered by pikachu being some ****ing infinite or high% cg. i pride myself on playing a non gay/non campy playstyle, only going there when i absolutely must. now this. **** brawl. /rant

also this is not that hard, if i was there for the tourney i would be using it on yall lol. also we can cg some chars into it, like mk. any time we use uair we can start this, the only way out is possibly SDIing the uair or the footstool, still under debate.
**** brawl then that's some bull****.

fragbait

Smash Master
Sigh due to MASSIVE cancellations....again....I'm going to cancel the tournament unless we make a certain number of entrants in which case it will just be a smashfest again. I am very disappointed in this city's smash scene.
You realize how many people are probably having Father johns right? You didn't really think when they moved GIGABRAWL to a diff day, you could pull off a smaller tourney out of your house? Move the tourney, seriously.

Also,

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1000 POSTS!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
If I was tourny host I would still go forth with the tournament no matter what the turn out was 2? 3? 4? sure lets do it! ... seriously why not?

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
1: Affinity - Meta Knight
2: KY - Pit
3: The Real Inferno - ROB/G&W/Meta/Dedede
4: Fino - Olimar
5: Clel - Meta Knight
5: MJG - Toon Link
7: Mr. Doom - Ike
7: Zeton - Fox
9: Loy - Marth
9: Holms - Sheik/Wolf
9: Steeler - Pokemon Trainer
9: Degyn Sefer - Lucario
13: Supergamer - Snake
13: Tempest - Toon Link
13: 4do - Snake
13: Jack of Blades - Falco

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
You realize how many people are probably having Father johns right? You didn't really think when they moved GIGABRAWL to a diff day, you could pull off a smaller tourney out of your house? Move the tourney, seriously.

Also,

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 1000 POSTS!

actually you are the only person with father johns on a day that isnt fathers day but thanks for trying to tell me what to do when you dont know **** about tournaments or running them. I kindly recommend you to refrain from taking such a tone with me in the future.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Okay, made a post on page 1000 AND post 15000. My life is complete, I think I can quit Brawl now. :)

Anyway, tonight was pretty flawless. Even though I didn't get to play in the singles tournament I got some good friendlies in and had some great conversations about the game.

Fino+MJG: Really nice to meet you guys, we'll get more matches in when I'm not so busy. :D

Zeton: We got to talk a lot today about the game which was really nice. If you seriously want to pick up Diddy, I'll be happy to help. We're also going to try this Fox/Diddy team at the next smashfest.

Nynja: Diddy dittos and double Diddy, enough said. :D

GGs to everyone I played today.

MDoom: Ike is gay.

Top Bottom