• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
Oh snap is aug 14 and 15. Start saving scrubs.

I say you should bring it Mrs Doom. Im off at 8 so depending on how long your gonna be there after 9 you decied if you want to.

Omnath

Smash Ace
Hey Steven, wanna drive me up there? I can barely move, it would appear that work is killing me? No?

fragbait

Smash Master

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Hey Steven, wanna drive me up there? I can barely move, it would appear that work is killing me? No?
I'm already here.

I normally won't be able to give you a ride, considering I go to work in the morning and don't go back home til late.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Come to Fairmount on Saturdays, Stealth.

I didn't know it was Aqua's birthday. Happy b-day, though I may be late (or maybe not)...

Inferno, I want that picture of me posing as Dave Chapelle. I think that was my evilest shot up to date. :devil:

Mr. Doom needs to go to sleep. I've important matters to attend to in several hours.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Umm. People are out of my house now.

Is the fairmount thing tonight? What page are the directions on again?

I can give you my number sometime in person Inferno.

I have no idea how to get back to the thing you sent me a couple days ago Affinity.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
We're meeting at Fairmount Towers (WSU Dorms) tomorrow. Mr. Doom said we can get there at anytime, really.
Fairmount Towers aren't just the only WSU dorms. There's Brennan Hall and Wheatshocker. But yeah, Fairmount is where we're meeting tomorrow.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
What thing :confused:
Umm...the thing with the place I can't go to...

Fairmount Towers aren't just the only WSU dorms. There's Brennan Hall and Wheatshocker. But yeah, Fairmount is where we're meeting tomorrow.
Kk, sounds super. I'll probably miss a lot of graduation parties to come to this.
I may or may not bring my cousin...he is not that good...please keep that in mind.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I know I already told a few people this yesterday, but I believe I found a place to hold a Kansas Monthly Tournament every 2nd Saturday of the month (this shouldn't interfer with Gigabrawl, Cameron's In-house Tournament, or OH SNAP). I'm going to talk to the owner of Agents Comics on Saturday, but I'm pretty sure its in the bag:

I'll update everyone on Saturday after I talk with the owner.

I guess I'll be venturing to the West side today. When and where again? If it is at Panty's place, could someone PM me the address I need to go to?
2813 N Tee Time Ct.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Hey, Ironboots, don't bring in the beer this time. Mr. Doom will be scared if everyone gets smashed.

Anyway.

Leaning Towers of Babel (Fairmount Towers)

Mr. Doom can host on the 30th this month. Depending on how many people show up will determine whether or not I order pizza. Do try not to make a mess up there, and don't be ultra noisy, or else I'll kick you all out. There is a quiet time, and I think I read it to be at 10PM...

Alright. It's time for directions. If you don't understand how to get to Fairmount, then I suck at giving directions.

The address is approximate, but not exact: 3140 East 22nd St N, Wichita, KS
Note: that address is not the address to the white house with the burgundy shingles next to the towers.

For those on the outskirts, the quickest route would be to head on I-135 and turn east on 21st.

WSU Map of the area (in PDF)

http://webs.wichita.edu/depttools/depttoolsmemberfiles/aboutwsu/WSU_MAP_NEW.pdf

Fairmount Towers is on the top left corner of this map.

Google map

Fairmount Towers is located on the corner of 21st and Hellside Hillside, but to actually get into the parking area, you'll have to turn onto 22nd from Hillside.

Or, if you're on 21st, you should turn onto Chautauqua St (left if you're heading east, or right if you're heading west; either way, you're turning away from Sonic Fast Food). Then make a right turn on 22nd, the next street.

We'll be meeting in Fairmount Tower South in the 4th floor's lobby. Yeah, I know I said North for a long time, but the towers pulled a fast one and pushed us to FT South. That is the southern-most tower of the two.

Parking: There are only two ways to get into the parking lot, and they're both on 22nd. Avoid signs that say reserved/faculty, because they will ticket you. I don't know if they'll ticket you if you don't have a decal for the housing parking lot.

Calling: Once you reach the parking lot, call me. I'll give you my phone # on the day of hosting, and it will disappear that night.

Another picture...

This is Fairmount Tower North. To the right (west) of this building is the parking lot. Go to the other tower, because that's where you'll be entering. Remember to call me before you enter the building, cuz you're not getting in without a dorm key.

It will be an all-day event, so you're welcome to come when I say you can, which will be when I wake up, supposedly. I'll have to have you kicked out at midnight, because I've stuff to do early Sunday morning. The earlier you come, the more fun you can have.

The tower is well air-conditioned, it has a water fountain on every floor, snack machine on the first floor, and even a diner just a few steps away from the tower (food's not too bad, but they charge a lot). The only problem is that the restrooms are in the dorm rooms, and I have only one key, and that's to my room. Of course, there are restrooms in the diner, but then I'll have to let you back in.

Bring setups. There's only one TV up there, and I presume it's a laggy TV. But there are plenty of outlets, seats, and a few tables. If we can fit sixty kids in this moderately-sized lounge, then we can definitely fit 20 adults in here.

Notes for those who might want them:
Bank of America is across 21st street from Fairmount Towers.
Old Mission Mortuary & Cemetery is across Hillside from Fairmount Towers.
The Charles Koch Arena is catacorner from Fairmount Towers
Google Maps are your friends.
The name's Mr. Doom. Get it right. :p

Omnath

Smash Ace
So, is anyone showing up? Or can I make other plans? I have better things to do than sit at home and wait for everyone all night.

Holms

Smash Ace
Yo panty, I'm pretty sure I left my DS at your house. It's probably under the coffee table in front of your big screen tv there; it's red and black. And there should be a black DS Lite case with a Gamestop logo on it there, too...that is, if Mr. Doom doesn't have it, which I'm almost positive he doesn't...

Oh geez, I hope someone saves my DS and Case full of games before the dogs get to them first...

Omnath

Smash Ace
Holmes: Yes, you left your DS and game case here. I left it with Clel. Trust me, it's safer with him.

Mr. Doom: You accidently switched out wii remotes with Clel. He has yours, just to let you know.

Anyway, fun games last night.

Holms

Smash Ace
Okay, can you bring my DS and its case to fairmount towers today, Clel? I'd appreciate it. (that's if you're coming today, whenever Mr. Doom wakes up)

Yes, fun games indeed. The best part? Learning that tall people are more susceptible to team ganon's dairs than twin snakes' dairs. Best way to put it is as Ratman said, "I went from 0 to 105 percent in less than 5 seconds!" Awesome.

Top Bottom