• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Mr. Doom has Saturday covered. I'll have to repost the post I made earlier regarding the Leaning Towers of Babel.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
For anyone that here that plays Wifi, I have some news that may interest you. There's some talk going on in the Hall of Representatives about a National Online Smashboards Brawl tournament. It's supposed to involve Regional Pools, Regional Brackets, and so on.

Keep an eye on SWF Announcements.

XD MR. DOOM, go teach M2K how to smash.
/facepalm

KY_Des

Smash Ace
... Ike is... mid tier.....

Fail.

The closest thing we have to low tier mains is Chaos who no longer plays, Holms who seconds Mario, and myself because I play Link. And maybe Cameron cuz he plays alot of ******* characters.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Wait. I need to see the tier list again. I thought Rock Smash was low tier, too.

Mr. Doom can't take it anymore. Mr. Doom has to get something to eat. Chipotle on Central and Hellside Hillside is where I'm headed.

Depster

Smash Champion
The closest thing we have to low tier mains is Chaos who no longer plays, Holms who seconds Mario, and myself because I play Link. And maybe Cameron cuz he plays alot of ******* characters.
If I had no mom johns then I'd be there repping low tier =p

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Leaning Tower of Babel (North Fairmount Tower)

That's my cue.

Mr. Doom is moving in to Fairmount Tower North on Friday, May 29. I have already talked to the supervisor, and she said it'd be alright for Mr. Doom to host on Saturdays. Furthermore, Mr. Doom can host on the 30th this month.

This is it! This Saturday, May 30th, is the kickoff of the Leaning Towers of Babel! Depending on how many people show up will determine whether or not I order pizza. Do try not to make a mess up there, and don't be ultra noisy, or else I'll kick you all out.

Alright. It's time for directions. If you don't understand how to get to Fairmount, then I suck at giving directions.

The address is approximate, but not exact: 3140 East 22nd St N, Wichita, KS
Note: that address is not the address to the white house with the burgundy shingles next to the towers.

For those on the outskirts, the quickest route would be to head on I-135 and turn east on 21st.

WSU Map of the area (in PDF)

http://webs.wichita.edu/depttools/depttoolsmemberfiles/aboutwsu/WSU_MAP_NEW.pdf

Fairmount Towers is on the top left corner of this map.

Google map

Fairmount Towers is located on the corner of 21st and Hellside Hillside, but to actually get into the parking area, you'll have to turn onto 22nd from Hillside.

Or, if you're on 21st, you should turn onto Chautauqua St (left if you're heading east, or right if you're heading west; either way, you're turning away from Sonic Fast Food). Then make a right turn on 22nd, the next street.

We'll be meeting in Fairmount Tower North in the 4th floor's lobby. That is the northern-most tower of the two.

Parking: There are only two ways to get into the parking lot, and they're both on 22nd. Avoid signs that say reserved/faculty, because they will ticket you. I don't know if they'll ticket you if you don't have a decal for the housing parking lot.

Calling: Once you reach the parking lot, call me. I'll give you my phone # on the day of hosting, and it will disappear that night.

Another picture...

This shows where you'll be entering the tower. To the right (west) of this building is the parking lot.

More details as the day approaches. Right now, I'm making preparations to move in, but as aforementioned, I won't be moving in until the 29th. Get hype, smashers.

Notes for those who might want them:
Bank of America is across 21st street from Fairmount Towers.
The cemetery whose name I can't remember is across Hillside from Fairmount Towers.
The Charles Koch Arena is catacorner from Fairmount Towers
The name's Mr. Doom. Get it right. :p
Google Maps are your friends.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Mr. Doom Get it Right: What are the hours that we will be allowed to be there on Saturday? Do they have water fountains, snack machines, condom dispensers, etc.? Is it well air conditioned? Its about to get hot...

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Right now, I presume it's an all-day thing. But there are quiet hours, so we'll have to be QUIET, or the rangers might hear you. lol

I'll have to check up on that. I remember vaguely that all visitors have to be out by I think 2AM.

Edit: What the heck? Where'd the condom dispensers come from? I swear I didn't see that before, Karma.

Anyway, they have water fountains on every floor, including the one we'll be on. The vending machines are all on 1F. No, there aren't any condom dispensers (at least they didn't have any last year). It's well air conditioned, too.

Omnath

Smash Ace
Not really, no. Companies make Online RPGS kinda low spec on purpose to reach the widest possible audience. For Gaming PCs the most important things, in order, are:

1) Video Card
2) RAM/Memory
3) Processor
4) Proper cooling to keep all that stuff at a decent temp.
From personal experience though, 2Gb+ for WoW is a must, otherwise you get 4 FPS in some areas... AKA Dalaran, for anyone who knows what that is.
Edit: Working for my dad at a construction site sucks. I have paint all over my face.

Degyn Sefer

Smash Ace
For anyone that here that plays Wifi, I have some news that may interest you. There's some talk going on in the Hall of Representatives about a National Online Smashboards Brawl tournament. It's supposed to involve Regional Pools, Regional Brackets, and so on.

Keep an eye on SWF Announcements.
woo hoo im in on that if they do hold an online regional tourney ^w^

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Problem. Big Problem. Really Big Problem.

In order to play Punch-Out for the Wii, you must perform a Wii system update.

Well, this sucks. :urg:

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Guys, I think Santi is quitting Brawl.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-ogPzn5tyg
Read the tags and the descript...
He's just going away for college.

Get homebrew. Get Starfall. You can now use your wii without having to update ever. I recommend everyone get Starfall. This will help recover your wii if you ever accidentally brick it.
*Installing*

It says you may brick your Wii if you don't know exactly what you're doing.

Could you install it on my Wii when I bring it to your place on Weds/Thurs?

Omnath

Smash Ace
Hey Andy, I was wondering if you had a spare cracked OS? My OS seems to be acting funky, and I don't have the original disk. (OS XP or even Vista would do) Though, I might not have enough space on my harddrive for vista.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Wichita!

Rescue me from the summer boredom of Paducah, KY! I just played some locals, and I 3 stocked them. In 3v1s. With random characters. It's terrible, deliver me from this madness somehow.

Thanks,

Thinkaman

Holms

Smash Ace
Looking forward to the next several get-togethers. I'll be revealing to all of you my GIANT Monkey...............................................................................................form.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Wichita!

Rescue me from the summer boredom of Paducah, KY! I just played some locals, and I 3 stocked them. In 3v1s. With random characters. It's terrible, deliver me from this madness somehow.

Thanks,

Thinkaman
Wow, that sucks dude. When will you be back in St. Louis?

Looking forward to the next several get-togethers. I'll be revealing to all of you my GIANT Monkey...............................................................................................form.
"My God! I thought he meant *****!"

Omnath

Smash Ace
So, I got bit by something earlier today. I'm trying to figure out if it was a mosquito bite or a spider bite. I'm really hoping mosquito though.

Top Bottom