• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Holms

Smash Ace
Afin, you're only proving his point...notice how the only dupes in the power rankings are MK? Three of you play him...

AnDaLe

Smash Champion
i guess i was right =p, btw, does wichita have weeklys? i might stop by there sometime and stay at my cousins house for a week or so. I wanna participate in a smashfest there. (notice i'm from illinois)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
i guess i was right =p, btw, does wichita have weeklys? i might stop by there sometime and stay at my cousins house for a week or so. I wanna participate in a smashfest there. (notice i'm from illinois)
Not right now, but I'm working on getting some monthlys going here in the ICT.

We usually meet every Wednesday and Friday/Saturday nonetheless. Keep your eye on this thread and you shouldn't miss anything.

Omnath

Smash Ace
Since when did Ike become OP? I'd like to see regular link become top tier. Shame his recovery options make me wanna shoot myself.

Edit:
^----i think there is a word for this but im not sure what it is but come on Mr. Doom throw in a lucario
Degyn, the word you are looking for is, "conceited".

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
hey i have been pretty good, except for the fact that i have not played brawl in ages, i have been hooked on the ps3 for a bit... but im starting to miss smash again so i think i have had a good vacation, but its time to start grabbin again.. :D

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
I don't think I'm gonna be able to have anyone over today. Our family guests are staying over a lot longer than I thought they would.

Though if anyone else can have people over, I'll be over there.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
19 people at my house until Friday.
Won't be smashing or hosting anytime soon, like I said.
:[

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
am i suppose to keep the .pcs files or the .pac texture files that i download
You'll need the PCS files for character textures.

These characters, however, sometimes need their PAC files as well:
  • Samus/ZSS
  • Zelda/Sheik
  • Bowser
  • Wario
  • Pokemon Trainer

If you're downloading stage textures, you'll only need the PAC files.

Degyn Sefer

Smash Ace
You'll need the PCS files for character textures.

These characters, however, sometimes need their PAC files as well:
  • Samus/ZSS
  • Zelda/Sheik
  • Bowser
  • Wario
  • Pokemon Trainer

If you're downloading stage textures, you'll only need the PAC files.
hmmm might have to go back and get some of the PAC files just in case thanks Affin ^w^

also is there a midwest championship tourney, i thought i saw something like that a while back and was wondering when it was

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i've been so busy lately.

andy, my cousin is wanting to build a gaming computer. not TOO amazing, but good enough to run stuff common pc games like WoW with no lag, great graphics, etc. any recommendations on where to buy parts? any specific parts or brands?

Omnath

Smash Ace

andy, my cousin is wanting to build a gaming computer. not TOO amazing, but good enough to run stuff common pc games like WoW with no lag, great graphics, etc. any recommendations on where to buy parts? any specific parts or brands?
Newegg.com = Computer parts

As for parts that would make up a good gaming computer....
Currently, my computer is running on 4Gb of RAM and pretty cheap/out-of-date processors and a graphics card. WoW doesn't have many system specifications, but I would recommend upgrading past 2Gb of RAM and keeping the operating system at 64-bit.
For games like Crysis and Age of Conan however... You'd probably need to upgrade past 4Gb of RAM and upgrade your graphics card a tad. Otherwise those games are insanely hard to play.

Edit: 64-bit OS will maximize the usage of your RAM
Edit2: I'm currently using Kingston brand for my RAM. Make sure your parts fit the computer. Some computers have different specifications.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i see panth...are the mainstream laptops out there right now equipped to run WoW well? he's not really interested in hardcore gaming like crysis afaik.

Karmacide

Smash Lord

Sorry, Steeler. I got your text earlier today and forgot to reply. WOW is not very graphically demanding. Blizzard designed it so that almost anyone could run it. 4GB of RAM is not really necessary. If you want 4 GB you will need a 64 bit operating system. A 32 bit will be capped at 3.4 GB.

The most important component will be the video card. The current budget ($150 area) cards are the GTX 260 from Nvidia and Radeon 4830 from ATI. Either will be fine and comes down to personal preference. Just make sure the motherboard can support PCI Express.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i see...i mean, he's playing WoW right now on a fairly old emachines desktop with a pretty nice video card in there, but he's tired of lagging out and decent but not jizztastic graphics and loading. so basically, you don't need anything special in order to run the game well?

Karmacide

Smash Lord
i see...i mean, he's playing WoW right now on a fairly old emachines desktop with a pretty nice video card in there, but he's tired of lagging out and decent but not jizztastic graphics and loading. so basically, you don't need anything special in order to run the game well?
Not really, no. Companies make Online RPGS kinda low spec on purpose to reach the widest possible audience. For Gaming PCs the most important things, in order, are:

1) Video Card
2) RAM/Memory
3) Processor
4) Proper cooling to keep all that stuff at a decent temp.

BoRn

Smash Apprentice
Fatality ftw

Any ways call of duty modern warfare 2 looks so good! Also cant wait for AvP coming out next year. That game was legit back in the day.

I want a infinity g35 or nissan 350z pretty bad so i may quit smashin for a while lol. RWD 286 hp stock drifting here i come.

Karmacide

Smash Lord
Any ways call of duty modern warfare 2 looks so good!
I want Modern Warfare 2 ALL OVER MY FACE.
Any ways call of duty modern warfare 2 looks so good!
I want a infinity g35 or nissan 350z pretty bad so i may quit smashin for a while lol. RWD 286 hp stock drifting here i come.
What does one have to do with the other? Are you getting the cars in another game like Gran Turismmo?

Andy's Graphics Card pick of the day. I just ordered one of these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130482

KY_Des

Smash Ace
I hear all u kansas people main Snake and MK.
I play Pit. I'm totally bad at this game. Maybe all the Kansas people SHOULD main MK and Snake........

Now that I'm done catching up on the board's failure for the last few days... I worked 6-10 this morning and have nothing to do til 5, then nothing to do after that. Anybody wanna host/go eat/do something to entertainment so I dont die of ****ing boredom?

Also, Holms FTW. Most epic thing you've ever posted. I totally feel like punchin out ignorants black guys and beatin white women with their handbags.

fragbait

Smash Master
I would offer to host, but I can only do it on Fridays and Saturdays. Also, considering that my last 2 attempts bombed I want to wait a bit. Maybe next time I'll just hold a tourney.

Epic quote from the M2K interview
-Who could you see yourself using in the lower tiers?

M2K: Ike.
XD MR. DOOM, go teach M2K how to smash.

Top Bottom