• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

☁ Wichita Kansas Area Discussion ☁ Let's Play Every Mario Party Board

Should we start doing the Kansas PRs again?

• Total voters

Holms

Smash Ace
I'm not one of those "most of us," then. I play Melee MUCH differently than Brawl, and not just via the gaming mechanics, just my mindset in general. The only relation I can honestly apply to the two games is that they're both smash brothers games. Playing melee actually makes me worse at brawl and vice versa.

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
yea but funny thing is melee made me better at brawl but since brawl came out ive only played in 3 or 4 matches on melee. hahaha

Domo123

Smash Journeyman
be proud of your character holmes. this is how its done with the kirbster. i watched it a couple of time and i can say that chu exploited pretty much every one of mk weaknesses in one match combined with the timing of a pro it equals this ****. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNe7NOnufps

nynja i need to play u some more. i like the competition u bring when we play. we can also see if there is anythng that can help in the mk matchup or any other matchup u want i jus want some gg's please

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
Nobody has taken the time to fill out that incredibly short survey? :( I really need help here. If I don't have at least 10 college age people fill it out by tomorrow night I'm absolutely ****ed XD. It takes like 5 minutes, that's less time than you might spend loading Brawl or taking a **** daily.

Fino

Smash Master
Nobody has taken the time to fill out that incredibly short survey? :( I really need help here. If I don't have at least 10 college age people fill it out by tomorrow night I'm absolutely ****ed XD. It takes like 5 minutes, that's less time than you might spend loading Brawl or taking a **** daily.
I'll take time away from playing dark peach, alpha zealot, anther, ect to fill out your survey ^^;

I'll PM it to you ;)

~Fino

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I forgot to mention to you guys that me Steeler and Affinity all went to see our venue for NO KOST and it appears to have more than enough room for the size of the event we want to have. Things should be awesome.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Yes, I'm bored

Everyone's (that I could find) first introduction post!

Hey, this is my first post. I was recommended by fastest and its finally good to know some good local players. Dont get me wrong, I'm not amazing myself. Fastest owned me at the Smash party on friday 3 weeks ago :dizzy: . It would be awesome if i could get some IM names and meet you guys sometime.

PS-When is that tourney at EB Games going to be held and at what location?

-Affinity2412
hey i was at the last tourne but i dont know how to find the other people from wichita
After thrashin people online at Allisbrawl it's about time I moved to some in person tail kicking! I'm definitely up for some tourneys or just some practice rounds.
Affinity, AttackStorm, whats up guys? I'm the shiek from the KS Mall Melee Tournament. You know, the one with the lame prizes haha. I've seen a couple of you guys' vids on YouTube. We should get together n play sumtime. I main Lucas and MK now. MK jus recently tho. So I know yall are goin 2 the KC tourney next saturday right?

EDIT
And I don't appreciate this site callin me a noob >=[
Yes! Finally! I find something for my hometown. Actually, I registered to SmashBoards because someone from NSider recommended this site for tourneys. I guess he was right! ^.^

So...please keep me updated about this, I'd like to test my "skills" against some of you.

...any of you know how to Wavedash? :laugh:

And feel free to contact me at NSider, if you are a member there. ;)
i have to say, the many of the matches were really good. i think the match between nynja and karma was my favorite match of the day. btw this is JPOP if any of you saw me play, i was zamus against RAT in the first round
Hello i am new to smashboards. my name is stealth raptor, and i go to Wichita State. Attackstorm told me about smash boards and have just gotten around to signing up here. just wanted to say hi to all those from the wichita area! if you were at the recent tourny, you may have seen me there. though i cant this friday, i am going to try to come to the meeting the friday after this one.
ya...i finally finished registering...pong...u still have NO chane in beating be in top 8 :) n e wayz i will definitly be joining u guy....hi affinity
Yes the tournament was fantastic! Oh, btw sup everyone? XD
Hello everyone, I finally decided to join after Chaos said you guys were friendly. =3
I live in the Wichita area soooooo I might be able to come by once in a while.
Anyone else cream tabuu on intense?
Any tourneys going on in the city? I'd like to test my skills.
hello everyone im chaos theory. I made an account on here because i heard there was a wichita area thread so i decided to join because i need people who are good at the game (and live in the same city as me:dizzy:) if i want to get any better...so here i am :bee:...I main lucas and secondary kirby (but no where near as good with kirby as i am wih luas)....I have played against my friends who used to be veteran meee player but now play brawl and beat them most of the time, but now want to find people who have been to tournaments that can help me improve my game

Its funny to look back and see how we posted :laugh:

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I don't think I even made an introductory post. I usually just meld into existing groups quietly >.>

Sorry I can't smash at Karma's, wish I could but I have to write my article on Raw and study for my final tomorrow. And by study, I mean masturbate and pretend I studied then go in with absolutely no clue what I'm doing. =D I might not make it over this Wednesday either as I have to actually study then and NOT stay up all night so I'll be ready for my Criminal Justice final.

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
i think andy, domo, and i are the only people that have stuck to their pre-release mains.

too pro yo

too

pro

cue

Smash Journeyman
whats up ya'lls! I'm am gonna be holding a mini tournie in my basement this comming friday. It will be both melee and brawl . any one is welcome

things should start around 7 pm but thats not set in stone. it will either be a $5 or $10 tournie just depends on what you guys wanna do. I will for sure have 4 tv's but more would be great.

so far it looks like i got :

Yosh
Mexi Mike
Echo Mike
Mo
JBM
Ben
Chad
ME

Dunno about Tyser and his crew . no work from Smursh yet either. Let me know whats up guys it could be fun my basement has a lot of space in it

5108 Reese St. Omaha NE 68106

call me or pm me with any ?'s

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
kansas city came to a basement tournament here

and we went to a basement tournament in kansas city

interesting, i thought nebraska was melee only?

anyway, i'll have a huuuuuuuge paper due monday, so i probably have to pass...

someone please

for the love of god

make it so it seems bush is doing a spotdodge after the first shoe (ie white blinking, etc)

and then put up a large round bubble around him for the second shoe, like he's shielding for the duration that he puts his hand up

in fact, have it so the iraqi president seems to shield or something when he puts his hand up too

please

Holms

Smash Ace
Lol steeler, I was thinking the exact same thing when I first saw the clip on the news.

And I'm too broke to go this friday or whatever if you guys go, so I'll have to pass on that.

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Lol well when I first started playing I mained Pit. Then I hit a wall with Pit, so I tried MK, Snake, and then Lucas. Lucas stuck with me until that next week during JCCC2. My Lucas got owned, so I went back to Pit. And I've been Pit since =]

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Lol well when I first started playing I mained Pit. Then I hit a wall with Pit, so I tried MK, Snake, and then Lucas. Lucas stuck with me until that next week during JCCC2. My Lucas got owned, so I went back to Pit. And I've been Pit since =]
tis cause you have to be a real man to handle lucas >=D

KY_Des

Smash Ace
Lol riiiight. I actually just had a really ****ty day with Lucas at JCCC2. Domo and I were on teams in doubles, and I killed myself twice in the first 30 seconds. So then we just went double MK and ***** lol. I also went back to Pit for all of singles. I can't ****in use Lucas hahaha

ChaosTheoryX

Smash Lord
Lol riiiight. I actually just had a really ****ty day with Lucas at JCCC2. Domo and I were on teams in doubles, and I killed myself twice in the first 30 seconds. So then we just went double MK and ***** lol. I also went back to Pit for all of singles. I can't ****in use Lucas hahaha
not many people can...its a skill you gain at birth

Top Bottom