• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(• Official Confirmed Stage Discussion •)

Status
Not open for further replies.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I always wanted a Dragon type stage XD you would be in a mountain and you can see loads of Dragon PKMN nesting and stuff there.

But o well... what do you think the BG PKMN will do?
That would be sick. Next Smash should have Pokemon Stadium 3 with Dragon, Steel, Dark/Ghost, and Psychic. (But maybe Brawl should have it. It could be an unlockable stage.)

For Dragon, like Legolastom said, you fight on a mountain, while dragon pokemon swoop down at you to bite you and shoot beams at you. Really a hectic transformation.

In Steel there would be crazy booby-traps like buzz saws and magnets and other cool deadly stuff like that.

For Dark/Ghost the stage would be dimly lit with a few purple candles in the background and there would be some eerie floating platform. And every once in a while the candles would go out for a second and the stage would become really dark (not pitch black though) and a Ghost pokemon would fly through to attack you.

And for Psychic there would be teleport squares and sometimes the pokemon in the back would confuse you.

^^^^
And this stage would definitely NOT be tournament legal. Lolz.

And I'm sure some of the pokemon do things in Stadium2. Not all, but some. Like look at that Skarmory in the background of the Flying stage, it looks pretty pissed.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
Finally the Halberd update, haven't seen much on this stage since the trailer. Looks like the beam takes up alot of space, i wonder if it will be hard to dodge..

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
sure is interesting to finally see the Halberd on the Dojo, I wonder what Sakurai meant by it's appearance in the Subspace Emmisary?

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully the Metroid stage follows behind Star Fox and doesn't have another lava/acid level. Though I still want Great Fox as a stage. Titled Great Fox. Not Corneria, or Venom. Great ****IN' Fox. Also, where's my Kirby stage? Two outta his three stages were the ****, so I'm sure this one will be as well.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
This game needs a big blue type stage, easily the best stage in Melee. Great music too.

Also, who else is hoping for a few stages with a dynamic battle field where the stage is like side-scrolling or something? There were some decent mock-ups near the end of the sonic thread (although it could probably work for any character) the standard battlestage can get boring after awhie.

My favorite stage thus far is Lylat Cruise, if only for the visuals/originality.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Hey everyone, I was thinking...

Tournament legal stages are stages that give every character equal opportunity to do well on. There are no advantages or disadvantages for any character. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

I was thinking to myself today that it's a cool little bonus that the ICs can trudge on icy/slippery terrain without sliding all over the place. Then I thought to myself "Boy, that will really help them out big time in Pokemon Stadium 2... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!"

Given that PkmnS2 has an Ice transformation where most of the field is slippery with ice, wouldn't that make the stage unfair for any character other than ICs? I'm thinking that maybe... PkmnS2 is going to be tournament banned?

The only way I could see this stage being legal during tournament play would beif the match did NOT involve ICs at all. It's an unfair advantage that the ICs can walk around without having their movement hindered on a good portion of the stage while every other character will become near uncontrollable on their feet.

Conclusion: Pokemon Stadium 2 will be tournament banned because the ICs made the cut.

Does that seem right to everyone else? Because it sounds good to me.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Mario strikers really doesn't deserve a stage... it would be boring anyway.
I think it deserves a stage, I just don't think it would work really well

"its a flat green stage, much like a soccer field, with goalies that attack on each side"

Well, fail.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Hey everyone, I was thinking...

Tournament legal stages are stages that give every character equal opportunity to do well on. There are no advantages or disadvantages for any character. (Correct me if I'm wrong on this.)

I was thinking to myself today that it's a cool little bonus that the ICs can trudge on icy/slippery terrain without sliding all over the place. Then I thought to myself "Boy, that will really help them out big time in Pokemon Stadium 2... HEY WAIT A MINUTE!"

Given that PkmnS2 has an Ice transformation where most of the field is slippery with ice, wouldn't that make the stage unfair for any character other than ICs? I'm thinking that maybe... PkmnS2 is going to be tournament banned?

The only way I could see this stage being legal during tournament play would beif the match did NOT involve ICs at all. It's an unfair advantage that the ICs can walk around without having their movement hindered on a good portion of the stage while every other character will become near uncontrollable on their feet.

Conclusion: Pokemon Stadium 2 will be tournament banned because the ICs made the cut.

Does that seem right to everyone else? Because it sounds good to me.
Sorry for double post, please tell me if you can edit -> quote :(

Anyways, It is impossible to have a completely fair stage. I mean, peach on falco, peach benefits from flatness.

BUT, if it is banned because of some really unfair stage change, I bet it at least will be counterpickable.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Sorry for double post, please tell me if you can edit -> quote :(

Anyways, It is impossible to have a completely fair stage. I mean, peach on falco, peach benefits from flatness.

BUT, if it is banned because of some really unfair stage change, I bet it at least will be counterpickable.
But there are a lot of stages that are banned because of how unfair they are. All the stages that give players the ability to take advantage of wall-jumping are banned; all of the stages that Peach can use her Bomber to climb walls have been banned; why wouldn't a stage that the ICs can take total advantage of be banned?

But yes, on the other side I could see it being counterpickable ONLY.

Deserter

Smash Cadet
stages with wall jumping and such r banned thats kinda stupid. thats an advantage that those characters have it shouldnt be taken away. Picking a stage that helps your game is just as important as the skills themselves, it's part of strategy.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
stages with wall jumping and such r banned thats kinda stupid. thats an advantage that those characters have it shouldnt be taken away. Picking a stage that helps your game is just as important as the skills themselves, it's part of strategy.
Well, competitive play is pretty stupid.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
^^^^
Wow, get out of here. I bet I know someone who got their butt handed to them at a tourney!
No, that is not it at all. I'm not a high caliber player but I can certainly hold my own. Competitive play sucks because there are too many restrictions and it would be better if they allowed more stages to be used. \The first stage picked should be a neutral stage and the second stage should open up more options. That's the whole point of having the loser pick. The only stages that should be banned are stages where camping is overly beneficial. Contrary to your belief too some people don't waste all their time 'training' for tournaments. Some people actually play the game to you know have fun.

So please before jumping to conclusions think about what you're saying and don't tell me to get out here. I'll stay as long as I want. I'm so sick of little kiddies.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
competitive play is fun, but it is also fun to play for fun. only by doing both can you truly enjoy smash.

Medio tutissimus ibis- live in moderation, latin.

Kaento

Smash Apprentice
I hope to see a zelda stage sometime soon.. 14 days since last stage update.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
I would LIKE TO... but I can't find any local tournaments near me.

Plus, I've definitely gone down substantially in skill lately. I don't think I'd fare as well in a tournament as I once would be able to. I'm just so starved for any kind of competition other than a computer it's not even funny.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm ready for a new stage, too...It's been forever, over a month anyway. I wanna see a Metroid stage or a Earthbound stage. I've been waiting a while for one of those (esp. the former.)

I'd even settle for something like a Kirby stage (Halberd is MK's) or a Bowser stage update...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
The SM stage was probably the best update ever. The conversations are hilarious. I can't wait to see more...

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Still no bloody metroid stage!!! I hope it's not because it has Ridley as a stage hazard and they don't wanna show him yet :(

KirbySSB

Smash Ace
But there are a lot of stages that are banned because of how unfair they are. All the stages that give players the ability to take advantage of wall-jumping are banned; all of the stages that Peach can use her Bomber to climb walls have been banned; why wouldn't a stage that the ICs can take total advantage of be banned?

But yes, on the other side I could see it being counterpickable ONLY.
do you have any clue what you're talking about at all, no, didn't think so

Cygnus V Arcana

Smash Apprentice
has anyone been having trouble loading the intro videos for the Shadow Moses update?

every time i try to watch them I just get the black screen but nothing to the effect of a load status or anything like that. and I've been going back every couple of hours on different computers (my laptop, work computer, friends computer, etc.) and I keep getting the same thing

anyone else having the same issue?

Finn Macool

Smash Apprentice
There should be some metroid, tunnel-based levels, from the originals. theres nothing like that in any smash game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom