• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(• Official Confirmed Stage Discussion •)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overthere

Smash Cadet
One thing that seems to be prevalent in all these stages is small size. It really appears that the creators realized that hardcore smashers preferred simple, neutral levels. After all, Final Destination has always been the tournament level of choice.

Yet I do hope these kinds of stages are limited - I would love to see more creative stages introduced. WarioWare is by far the most unique. Eldin, Skyworld, and Saint Moses all have their new unique twists - all floor, no floor, and walls. For those dissing Skyworld, it opens up a possibility that hadn't been really open before, and that is an entirely aerial-based battle.

Destructible stages are cool. But they're starting to get old.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Why is it we get a brand-new stage update and no one comes to the stage forum to discuss it? Am I missing something??

This is why we shouldn't have redundant threads... (i.e., a thread for every DOJO update)...

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
welll, i'm in school but the teacher can't see my screen so i just logged in ;)

actually, i think sakurai tried to balacne out he vastness of the stage with the monster thing, you can run, but you better watch out.

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Why is it we get a brand-new stage update and no one comes to the stage forum to discuss it? Am I missing something??

This is why we shouldn't have redundant threads... (i.e., a thread for every DOJO update)...
I'm inclined to agree with you, Grim. Very professional job on the thread by the way.

The Pork City stage is a great addition, in my view. After seeing all the new gameplay videos, I was getting worried that we were seeing too many tiny stages - which I'm not a fan of.

As for Norfair, I don't care for it. I was hoping for a Metroid Prime stage, but that doesn't look too likely now. Here's a novel concept, how about a Metroid stage that doesn't involve rising lava? Crazy, I know.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I'm inclined to agree with you, Grim. Very professional job on the thread by the way.
Thanks Wiseguy.

The Pork City stage is a great addition, in my view. After seeing all the new gameplay videos, I was getting worried that we were seeing too many tiny stages - which I'm not a fan of.
People forget about Rumble Falls as big, but it is a different kind of big, I know. Anyway, I have liked almost all the stages so far. I like the smaller ones...I really despise Temple because of how people play on it. I hate having to run clear across the screen to kill someone who should already be dead, and I hate the 200+% battles in the little cave area. Having said all that, I really think this stage is pretty cool. While big, there aren't too many places to take advantage when at high percentages. Plus, as samusrules pointed out, maybe the Chimera is a way to discourage cowardly play as well.

As for Norfair, I don't care for it. I was hoping for a Metroid Prime stage, but that doesn't look too likely now. Here's a novel concept, how about a Metroid stage that doesn't involve rising lava? Crazy, I know.
I've said the same thing numerous times. I think I even mentioned that in the stage description. But, there are some new stage dynamics with the layout and everything. There seems to be no main platform in that one. I've always hated Metroid stages, I hope this one isn't nearly as bad as Brinstar, though in terms of the lava interaction and whatnot...

But, I could still see a Prime stage. Chances are, there will be at least one more Metroid stage yet to come.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i do like the layout of this stage. i may finally play on an earthbound stage (dear lord, i hate the two in melee with a passion)

but i agree with grim and wiseguy on norfair. we really need a metroid stage WITHOUT rising lava/acid and we do need a Prime stage

and grim, you forgot that weird stage the ice climbers were on in the Conference Video. i think people are calling it the North Pole

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I do as well like the look of it...But how exactly do you climb each building it is annoying, do you just simple jump on them, this could be the only true 3D stage in the game...

the grim lizard

Smash Master
and grim, you forgot that weird stage the ice climbers were on in the Conference Video. i think people are calling it the North Pole
I haven't put it up yet mostly because we've only see a very small part of it in only one movie clip. I was thinking about putting something up on it anyway, but so little is known about it, I'm not sure it's worth it. Besides, it could just as easily be a Dark Aether stage. (Although, I tend to agree that it's a new IC stage...)

BTW, the front page got a face lift. Right now there are a ton of huge pictures; so I might scale them down, but I got inspired after watching the stage selection screen from the Brawl demo.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Maybe the IC were on a winter Yoshi's island? bah haven't seen that conference video in almost a week anyways.

"Chimera - chicken" Anyone? (lets see who can survive the longest when locked up with a chimera XD)

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
I'm liking New Pork City, but I just don't see it being a big part of my experience after the game's lost its novelty and I start getting serious.

Norfair is different. It's surprising, we've never seen a stage with no major platform. I'm pretty unsure to see this as a big part of my Brawl career.
Wow, a Metroid stage that I don't like because of lava? Shocking. [/sarcasm]

And as for the North Pole... that aurora borealis is pretty...

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Well, if the ice climber's stage is almost all ice, and sonic is going to be brawling. . .

ccccaaaannt sllloowwwwDDooownnnnnnnnn. . .

Dynamism

Smash Lord
I really like the look of Rumble Falls. I think this may be "tourney" material. If it rises slowly enough and doesn't have any large hazards, why not? There is still recovery room on the side and it's fairly diverse but still "plain"

This should also open up for a sweet ICs stage, melees mountain (of ****) pissed me off!

Nice job on the front page! ;)

And NPC FTW :laugh:

Dr.Saturn

Smash Apprentice
I like New Pork city its just it encourages the fact that Lucas will replace Ness.

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Look at the Arena and look at Pokemon Stadium 2 in the gameplay videos. They look almost exactly the same, but the Arena is grey and there is no Pokeball symbol.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
@ the_grim_lizard:

What's going to happen when you run out of room for images? I think the max number of jpegs you can fit in one post is 10? You only have the first three posts, that's just 30. Brawl is going to have a LOT more than that. I was just wondering what you might do.
It's actually 21 images per post. I think that three posts is more than enough. I doubt there'd be more than 30 stages anyway. But, even if there were, I'd do something to remove the double image for each stage.

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
It's actually 21 images per post. I think that three posts is more than enough. I doubt there'd be more than 30 stages anyway. But, even if there were, I'd do something to remove the double image for each stage.
you could always combine the 2 images with paint or photoshop and upload the final product to photobucket.

and wtf's up with pictochat? i saw the name, and it had green on the update, and i was thinking "wait, a stage?"

i think it'll be fun though, can't wait to see all the various drawings, and how it determines which character to say is "now entering"

hopefully, we'll get some screenies of it in other updates.

-NEOLINK-

Smash Journeyman
Yeah pictochat seems like the most creative stage ever. What if you could hook up a ds and draw the stage while people are playing?

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
No, how'd you'd get the Fire or wind effects? Another thought, will this stage replace Flat Zone?
:link:
True. I don't know if it will replace it, it depends if G@W is in or not.;)

Oh and who else can't wait to listen to countles repeating Wii shop channle music on this stage!? I know I can't wait![/SARCASM]

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
My favorite stages thus far:

1) Smashville: The playability of Final Destination + the pure awesome of Animal Crossing = Pure win!

2) Edin Bridge: I love huge, flat stages (Sector Z for SSB64 is my all time favorite) and this stage is very, very beautiful.

3) Shadow Moses Island: This stage is so epic, it gives me chills.

4) Pictochat: Clearly, Sakurai has lost his mind. I love it!

5) TIE> Lylat Cruise/Delfino Plasa: These stages might be simple, but they are oh so fun to look at. These are the two best looking stages in Smash history.

this has probably been said but i think it'd be cool if you could wirelessly connect your ds to your wii while playing on the picto chat stage, drawing on the ds, and making it appear on the picto chat stage

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
This new Create-A-Stage is an awesome way to kind of bring back classic stages on your own.

If Hyrule Temple doesn't make it back, you know I'm going to set up a custom stage to look as close it as I can (with TLoZ music playing in the background.)

I'm also going to be doing the same for Hyrule Castle from SSB64! ZOMG! EXCITEMENT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom