• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️Official Zelda Video Archive - WIP get in here and post some ZELDA VODS GORLS ‍♀️‍♀️‍♀️

KlicKlac

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KlicKlac
Here's that jab Squii asked to see.

I like this aerial teleport cancel here. I think this is the first time we've seen one in ultimate.

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
This is a pretty Phantom happy Zelda. Doesn't really do anything amazing with it, but the thing takes a few hits throughout. Most notable being at ~1:58 where it rushes through a couple of fireballs, may or may not eat a dash attack (looks like Ridley's head moves through the Phantom so it might have been in a blind spot) and then a jab.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
This is a pretty Phantom happy Zelda. Doesn't really do anything amazing with it, but the thing takes a few hits throughout. Most notable being at ~1:58 where it rushes through a couple of fireballs, may or may not eat a dash attack (looks like Ridley's head moves through the Phantom so it might have been in a blind spot) and then a jab.
Anyone else see that massive blindspot like 15 seconds in? I hope so badly that gets fixed; if it doesn't the move will be horribly underwhelming. It's happened in several other Zelda videos as well...against large characters no less.

Also, I've been watching this gif a few more times now:
New tech!? Phantom is full of surprises. We still don't know much about the uncompleted stages too.
Notice how the Phantom attacks much earlier than it has in other footage despite being fully charged. It attacks perfectly in tandem with Zelda's dtilt. My theory is that if Zelda takes any action beyond moving, the Phantom goes on to attack (grabs could maybe be an exception?). If so, that debunks my previous theory that pressing downb again will command the Phantom to attack earlier. Still, this could be pretty major if I'm correct. I honestly hope I'm wrong for the sake of Zelda...

Sigh, this move is looking less and less impressive each video...

Edit: it could be possible that the Phantom only auto attacks if she actually lands a move, which isn't as bad. Still really meh feeling about it atm tho

Editmore: upon watching the Treehouse stream again, she was able to Nayru's without the Phantom attacking. The armor attacking on (Zelda's) hit is looking more likely now

Editmost: actually...it attacks with the first dtilt even though it doesn't connect? I'm not sure how this is working anymore...
Maybe certain moves cause it to go off early? Or if she attacks immediately out of Phantom charge this happens?

Or...maybe it just wasn't full charged there? Idek anymore. It would be neat if she can attack directly from Phantom charge tho

Editmoremosthelpme: ah but if it wasn't full charged she would've done the hand motion

IDK ANYMORE THIS MOVE IS GIVING ME A ROLLERCOASTER OF EMOTIONS

Last edited:

AGreatProcrastinator

Smash Apprentice
Anyone else see that massive blindspot like 15 seconds in? I hope so badly that gets fixed; if it doesn't the move will be horribly underwhelming. It's happened in several other Zelda videos as well...against large characters no less.

Also, I've been watching this gif a few more times now:

Notice how the Phantom attacks much earlier than it has in other footage despite being fully charged. It attacks perfectly in tandem with Zelda's dtilt. My theory is that if Zelda takes any action beyond moving, the Phantom goes on to attack (grabs could maybe be an exception?). If so, that debunks my previous theory that pressing downb again will command the Phantom to attack earlier. Still, this could be pretty major if I'm correct. I honestly hope I'm wrong for the sake of Zelda...

Sigh, this move is looking less and less impressive each video...

Edit: it could be possible that the Phantom only auto attacks if she actually lands a move, which isn't as bad. Still really meh feeling about it atm tho

Editmore: upon watching the Treehouse stream again, she was able to Nayru's without the Phantom attacking. The armor attacking on (Zelda's) hit is looking more likely now

Editmost: actually...it attacks with the first dtilt even though it doesn't connect? I'm not sure how this is working anymore...
Maybe certain moves cause it to go off early? Or if she attacks immediately out of Phantom charge this happens?

Or...maybe it just wasn't full charged there? Idek anymore. It would be neat if she can attack directly from Phantom charge tho

Editmoremosthelpme: ah but if it wasn't full charged she would've done the hand motion

IDK ANYMORE THIS MOVE IS GIVING ME A ROLLERCOASTER OF EMOTIONS
My theories:
1. There's a "sweet spot" where if you release the charge at the right time, phantom will immediately attack and zelda can instantly act. Basically yet another stage to the move.

2. It's caused by her falling through the platform and leaving phantom behind, as if either the delayed attack or the hand motion only happen if the phantom's directly behind zelda. Need more platform footage to confirm/debunk.

Last edited:

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I think it's misinterpreted; I think they MEANT Fox Side-B or other moves that typically goes through things is suppose to but the actual characters cannot when shielding. It would make more sense.

Can you move past a character when they're not shielding??
No. You cannot. You will drag them. Even if they're grounded. If they're in a tech situation you can run and they will get pushed, like any normal fighting game.

I watched the original video of the gif you posted and when she dtilts that first time, she missed and yet the Phantom still attacked. It’s an anomaly for the time being. It was fully charged because it did have a delay. Or it was a bug. Either way, she did not land the first stilt and hit with a second one right after, but the phantom had already attacked by then.

It almost looks as if he Dtilt canceled, because he goes straight to crouching

Edit: I watched 10 videos and could not find another situation that is relevant.

Ninja’d. I missed the replies. Lol. But I agree. It’s either something akin to a bug or programming issues, or she really can cancel the charge to do something else.

It’s exciting at the very least.
In the Nairo video (KlicKlac's gif) the Phantom attacks in tandem with her dtilt without a delay. I thought it was possible that the move wasn't fully charged, but then I remembered that Zelda has a hand wave animation that plays when it's released early. The animation did not happen so we can only assume the move was in fact fully charged. But then I watched this Treehouse footage again and she is able to Nayru's without the Phantom attacking early (https://youtu.be/5r-snDBcXJE?t=7m52s). So that seems to somewhat debunk the "Phantom will attack if Zelda does anything other than move" theory. But it still doesn't explain why Nairo's Phantom had no delay or release endlag in the gif. It seems to be some sort of hybrid full charge, where it has properties of both being full charge (no release endlag) and partially charged (immediate attack)
What’s happening is Zelda is able to cancel the end animation frames (throwing her arm out and back down to her side) as soon as she releases Phantom.
He released the Phantom manually at Stage 5, and then mashed down A, for down tilt.

So the input was:

(from platform) Smash Down [HOLD] & B, (charge to fifth level) B (to release Phantom,) A, A

I think most people who are playing the demo are still holding down and B when you only have to single press the input. This has been confirmed on the Nintendo Treehouse, as well as the Smash Direct. (All charge moves are now single press moves)

So something simple would be....we can do the first level charge and if they block it, we can grab. Zelda is a zoning character so that makes sense to me. No different than jab to grab in Melee with Peach. Or float cancelling. So we can start charge in the air, they block it, you get a grab. They have to attack Zelda from behind moreso than the front now in the neutral. If you read the roll after they block phantom, you input turn grab. Zelda cannot turn the direction of the Phantom, so allowing her to cancel the animation allows her a shot at the neutral if they roll.

I am really excited. I’ve been playing Soul Calibur for years, as well as Blazblue Xtag currently. =)
This would further support the idea she cannot shield while charging, but she can attack. Making her very different. She's creating a "shield" already so I can't see her going into another shield. That would be ridiculous. Because you can't run past her or the phantom. So to me, shes like Ryu. Ryu cancels down B differently than the rest of the cast so I'm sure this time, zelda is no exception.

Last edited:

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Here's that jab Squii asked to see.

I like this aerial teleport cancel here. I think this is the first time we've seen one in ultimate.
OH MY THE CROUCH COMES OUT VERY QUICK MUY BUENO I LOVE YOU

Look at: 0:32-0:34

As far as I can tell Fast Fall Nair within this version of the game has lost all combo utility unless of course buffering jab, up-tilt, or death elevator works within a VERY strict window. That or its just that last one hitbox of the nair in particular. This is not the worst thing in the world but I would like to see FFNair have just a tad bit more histun.

ALSO

1:53-1:56
if you slow the video down to a snails pace you see ridley fall out of the jab combo for a few frames which.... by all means shouldn't be a big deal but yeah.

Last edited:

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
I'm glad they gave this to her. In Smash 4, Zelda could actually have trouble getting the kill if the opponent's % got too high for confirms. Bthrow killed, but she had to be near the ledge. Now we can be like Mewtwo and kill from anywhere on stage (and even earlier with platforms!)

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Keep in mind this is 4 players, so the damage is obviously nerfed, so in 1v1 it probably kills sooner. :)

This is so freaking AWESOME.

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Some more Zelda footage I found:
The only thing worth noting is Usmash at 1:48. It beats out Ganondorf's aerial Wizard's Foot, so either Zelda's Usmash got a decent vertical range buff or Ganon got a nerf. I'm hoping for the former since Smash 4's Usmash was a pretty poor anti air, especially when compared to Brawl

Also, mixed feelings on Zelda's new voice. Her attack yells sound great, but that squeak she does every time she gets hit is giving me Sm4sh Ness/Bayonetta vibes...

Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Some more Zelda footage I found:
The only thing worth noting is Usmash at 1:48. It beats out Ganondorf's aerial Wizard's Foot, so either Zelda's Usmash got a decent vertical range buff or Ganon got a nerf. I'm hoping for the former since Smash 4's Usmash was a pretty poor anti air, especially when compared to Brawl

Also, mixed feelings on Zelda's new voice. Her attack yells sound great, but that squeak she does every time she gets hit is giving me Sm4sh Ness/Bayonetta vibes...
I'm loving the YIP!!! sound she makes when she starts dins fire :)

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
A couple more videos of the gal for you people. Would recommend full screening on a decently sized screen.

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
A couple more videos of the gal for you people. Would recommend full screening on a decently sized screen.

There's some good Zelda gameplay happening next door on the other screen too.
They did well, I enjoyed seeing Phantom used a lot and this is just more evidence it's going to be much more useful for her. Don't think I saw Nayru once in these videos though.

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Trying to see her victory animations, but every video seems to either have her losing or cuts off before the victory screen. Anyone know where they can be found?

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
New footages.

I like how he uses lots of Down B. And her dash attack & up air kill so early now!

D

Deleted member

Man, Zelda is looking way better in this game. Anyone that says she is gonna low tier in this game again just doesn't understand what these buffs have done for her. couldn't be any more impatient for Ultimate.

Found this really good in depth analysis video.

Last edited by a moderator:

kamus_aran

Smash Apprentice
Oh my god....i've got so much hope for Zelda in this game I really can't wait no more

Rickster

Smash Master
Switch FC
2713-1285-8029
Lol why are they saying Uair is "OP"? It killed at 119% near the bottom and 90% when they were higher up

this is why Zelda can't have nice things

FateKnox

Smash Rookie
Some good gameplay for Zelda, maybe one of the most interesting so far

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbokCfAROqg Some Zelda footage from the Spanish Invitational. Also some daisy too if you were interested.

Nayrus though. I saw one particular fair from daisy that really looked like it would hit, but Nayru's ate that **** up like breakfast.

Last edit: I watched a frame by frame of Zelda's nayru's stopping Daisy's Fair, and it looks like she was intangible on frame 4. I double checked and it looks right. For reference as well: the hitbox on Daisy's fair comes out on frame 12 and it archs along with her arm. And if anyone wants to take a look, 12:17 is the timestamp you'd want.

(I'm still getting back into posting on here again, and I forgot all my useful forum tricks.)

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Do we know if she can still Love Jump or cancel Farore's Wind on ledges?
To my knowledge she can still cancel Farore's Wind on ledges. As for Love Jumping... She cannot now that Nayru's no longer cancels her momentum.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Last edited:

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Have fun watching.
Ven vs. Draquaza's Pokemon Trainer (Winners Round 3): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_XtmQv1WQA.

Ven vs Z's Pikachu, Chrom, and Roy (Winners Round 4): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkesBI9p00s.

Ven vs. Snoop's Incineroar (Winners Semis): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osCgKmpibJE.

Ven vs. Edgar's Palutena (Losers Quarters): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7W9eTUuN4Bs.

Ven vs. Z's Pikachu and Chrom (Losers Semis): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ku5qXGONvN8.
That Pikachu match up was rough. Yikes. Zelda still has issues being comboed and not being able to combo back, without proper set up.

Here's to hoping we get buffs.

Lucent

Banned via Warnings
Last edited:
D

Deleted member 189823

So, what is this thread really for? I just got the impression we would be posting a mix of plays from any of us, as well as higher-level play. Maybe even a community compilation video.

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
So, what is this thread really for? I just got the impression we would be posting a mix of plays from any of us, as well as higher-level play. Maybe even a community compilation video.
I came here wondering the same thing.

Nintendan

Smash Rookie
We should definitely post some cool stuff we pull off here too. A lot easier to show off/explain certain setups/matchups/ledgeguards etc. through video rather than a wall of text. And with the ability to easily convert stuff directly to videos, we should take advantage of that and get some clips up in here!

DarkStarStorm

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0318-7018-5269
We should definitely post some cool stuff we pull off here too. A lot easier to show off/explain certain setups/matchups/ledgeguards etc. through video rather than a wall of text. And with the ability to easily convert stuff directly to videos, we should take advantage of that and get some clips up in here!
In that case, I will post this in the APPROPRIATE thread. In the future I suggest that post our videos here and either link them in the appropriate thread, or just post them in both places. People looking for videos shouldn't have to hunt through entire subthreads to find cool montages or tech. It should be centralized.

Zelda segment starts at 3:07

Top Bottom