• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Considering how poofy Peach's dress is, I'm surprised she doesn't just have a white petticoat underneath... she had one in Mario Kart Wii and it looked... well it looked like her legs were cut off at the knee but that's pretty much the look here too just slightly different anyway...
Is that what it's called? That's what I was thinking of but didn't know if there was a term for it. Thank you.

:093:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
She does not have panties on now? I now have no reason to ever use Ftilt. Got nerfed. Worst move Peach has.

Last edited:

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So I'm assuming someone already posted this?

Nintendo working on a patch to address accidental online ban issues with Peach
"Since launch, Super Smash Bros. 3DS players in Japan have been encountering issues with Peach online. Those who use the character’s “down + B” move early on in a For Glory match have been banned for 24 hours without warning.

Fortunately, Nintendo is already working on a patch. While it won’t be out for another week, we at least know that a fix is coming."
Source
------ So it seems there's a glitch on my favorite character and it's not a good one. Here's a funny Miiverse pic about the situation.

Last edited:

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
I'm assuming the bans have something to do with the game thinking you're using items?
Speaking of which, do we know if there are any additional pullable items?

Last edited:

TimeSmash

Smash Champion
NNID
nintend64
I'd also like to know that.

And in games like Mario Kart Double Dash and the N64 Mario Parties, they had a petticoat. That'd be much more appealing haha

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I would have loved more fluff under the dress to cover it up.
That would have made more sense plus it would have looked nicer, but I guess a dark hole was better ?? lol !
I'm assuming the bans have something to do with the game thinking you're using items?
Speaking of which, do we know if there are any additional pullable items?
I've used peach - she can definitely still pull bob-ombs, and mr. saturns.
It was also rumored that she can pull bullet bills !
I haven't seen her pull laser swords, or ray guns.

DJCrinkleCut

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DJCrinkleCut
Was I the only one that likes peaches old jump? It really helped with combos
You mean her Melee jump vs. her Brawl jump? Or SSB4 jump vs. Brawl jump? I don't play Peach in Brawl -- or Brawl at all for that matter -- but I love her Melee jump. I can't comment on her SSB4 jump, but vertical height is always good.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Brawl's second jump was useful in combos when your opponents were a bit higher than you and you needed only a little bit more height to connect with your next attack. In Smash 4 I sometimes whiffed my Uair because I wanted to connect it using her second jump, but her second jump went way too high.

However, I think that's because we are not used to her physics and her new height yet. Instead of doing second jump Uair in combos we will have to do second jump Nair of Dair so we won't jump over them. New combos or links will be discovered in time. Her new second jump takes some time to get used to it, but our combos involving second jump are not gone, just different. In the end I think it's a big improvement, since we can actually chase people in the air now coupled with her new Uair and her recovery has easily become one of the best in the game now (although it has always been pretty good).

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
Brawl's second jump was useful in combos when your opponents were a bit higher than you and you needed only a little bit more height to connect with your next attack. In Smash 4 I sometimes whiffed my Uair because I wanted to connect it using her second jump, but her second jump went way too high.

However, I think that's because we are not used to her physics and her new height yet. Instead of doing second jump Uair in combos we will have to do second jump Nair of Dair so we won't jump over them. New combos or links will be discovered in time. Her new second jump takes some time to get used to it, but our combos involving second jump are not gone, just different. In the end I think it's a big improvement, since we can actually chase people in the air now coupled with her new Uair and her recovery has easily become one of the best in the game now (although it has always been pretty good).
True. Her recovery is even better now with her improved double jump.

Although, combo wise I always liked ssb3's better

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I saw another picture of the black hole under Peach's dress.

uuugggghhhhhh
So is that why the game's rated E10+? No more pantie shots? I'm guessing this change is also for Miiverse because people will post about it... But doesn't Peach's Amiibo have visible panties?

Luminario

Smash Lord
I don't really mind it. A petticoat would look way too heavy for Peach to fight the way she does in it. Thank god there aren't any more panty shots plus the jokes about the black void are hilarious.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I loved it for precise spacing in Brawl and it would have been very useful in SSB4 (especially to help deal with Fair's new lag) but I think the change is for the better, simply because offstage/edge game is going to be a much bigger factor when it comes to getting KO's and her old 2nd jump really hindered her ability to get down really low offstage.

What's this black hole everyone's talking about?

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It was great in Brawl for her attacks but her recovery heavily suffered from it. Her Smash 4 one is better in general even if you can't be as precise. It's a trade-off we'll have to deal with and I'm fine with it.

What's this black hole everyone's talking about?
Pantie shots aren't a thing anymore because she has a "black hole" under her dress now, apparently.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I liked the Brawl jump as well, but I'd rather adapt to a new jump and find new ways to combo instead of dealing with a weak recovery.

We'll see if Wii U saves Peach's Ftilt.

:093:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
They could have gave Peach at least her grandma panties like in melee. Why they have to nerf ftilt so hard. This is unacceptable and I will not stand for this. One of you dam kids get me through to the Japanese or the government.

Raven_Peach

Smash Rookie
Or they could just have made the inside of her dress in a similar way to how they did in 3D World

AlwaysMilk

Smash Cadet
NNID
DivineMilk
3DS FC
3668-9753-1480
If F-Tilt doesn't do much knockback I'm fine with that, you can generally combo off the F-Tilt if so, or are you guys talking about another nerf on her F-Tilt?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Or.....or....................They could have kept the dam panties!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) *walks away*

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Or.....or....................They could have kept the dam panties!!!!

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻) *walks away*
Panties are nice and all, but she now has all the darkness and destruction of space under her skirt. Like mother like daughter. (I am only mildly into that theory, but regardless)

Raven_Peach

Smash Rookie
Panties are nice and all, but she now has all the darkness and destruction of space under her skirt. Like mother like daughter. (I am only mildly into that theory, but regardless)
That theory is about the most dumb thing I've ever seen.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
It's just underwear, it doesn't effect her as a character at all. Why is it such a big deal?
Kinda glad panty-shots won't be a thing anymore. They were funny when I was 8 playing melee, but they're unnecessary.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
It's just underwear, it doesn't effect her as a character at all. Why is it such a big deal?
Kinda glad panty-shots won't be a thing anymore. They were funny when I was 8 playing melee, but they're unnecessary.
I never understood them either. Granted I don't really understand sexualization of clothes in general. Though, I'm not exactly a sexual person in general. I would prefer her have just a really poofy underskirt rather than darkness, but that's what ya get I suppose.

Except it's not canon at all :)
I never said it was. I'm just saying the series has done weirder things and having a solid theory on the origins of Rosalina is nice, imo, even if it uses doctor who logic.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
.....................Get out. GET OOOOOOOOOO-OOOOOOOOOOOOUT!

Airgemini, I demand you do something about this.

Raven_Peach

Smash Rookie
I never understood them either. Granted I don't really understand sexualization of clothes in general. Though, I'm not exactly a sexual person in general. I would prefer her have just a really poofy underskirt rather than darkness, but that's what ya get I suppose.

I never said it was. I'm just saying the series has done weirder things and having a solid theory on the origins of Rosalina is nice, imo, even if it uses doctor who logic.
I agree, Nintendo could have done a much better job explaining the origins of Rosalina other than having the Super Mario Galaxy director write her story book alone over one night, they've not expanded upon it one bit.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Why do you want to see her underwear so badly? Just google underwear, you'll see plenty.
You don't understand at all do you? How the heck am I suppose to distract the enemy and get a free hit if the undies are gone and replaced with the Dark hole spell card?

Top Bottom