• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Nice, but what were Villager's and Greninja's % before the hits? (And after them for that matter. Do moves become stale in this game as well?)
im not sure, the video didn't show anything of the bottom screen, sorry aensland

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ im just peachy im just peachy : Thank you so much for these GIFs! Excellent work! This makes analysing Peach's moves much easier!

A few observations I did not notice in the video :

- Villager got completely trapped and shut down by Peach's Down-Smash. Feels surprisingly satisfying to watch!
- Forward-Air (Crown Smash) seems to have increased range, not only hitting in front, but also above and under her!
- Turnip Pull has less lag than I expected, again! It seems only a tiny bit longer than Brawl's.
- Peach's Final Smash seems to have different pictures of Peach every time it is used. Large ones make it difficult for opponents to see their movements.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
@ ZeroBlindDragon ZeroBlindDragon my pleasure !

this is the landing lag everyone was worrying about ??

on a side note, can we just talk about how fast her up air is, lmao. it's going to wreck everyone

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ im just peachy im just peachy :

The first picture looks like Peach couldn't finish her Forward-Air and, as a result, fell on the ground!

If you take another look at the video, when she performs a Forward-Air to hit the Smash Ball, the same "falling" animation does not happen! Instead, she does appear to have landing lag upon touching the ground, although it is very small. If this is the "landing lag" people was worrying about, then I feel suddenly relieved!

---

Regarding Peach's new Up-Air... Again, I really wish we could see video footage of it landing a hit.

What we can see in the video

- Peach's new Up-Air comes out *immediately*.
- It has a disjointed hitbox, similar to Peach's Up-Tilt, allowing Peach to safely hit opponents above her.
- Futhermore, the hitbox is shaped like an arc.
- Its got very little "ending lag", much less than Peach's old Up-Air (Melee / Brawl).
- Its range seems nearly as big as Marth's Up-Air from Melee.

If rumors are correct

- When the rainbow is appearing, it deals multiple hits.
- When the rainbow is fading, it blasts opponents away. The knockback is has been said to be "very high".

In conclusion... Yes, this move could potentially be *extremely* devastating. It is also a considerable improvement from her old Up-Air in every possible way. However, I still need video footage in order to confirm these rumors! xD

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It's probably because Kie is used to auto-cancelling the Fair so much in Brawl it just looks annoying to use to the ground in comparison, since it's such a great spacing tool.

Indeed though, Peach in general seems a bit faster than Brawl, we can definitely work with her this time.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Shields seem to buffed in this game though. You can cancel dashes with them easily and shieldstun seems to be very little too. I'm very curious to how her (floated) aerials are on shield. Uair has quite some ending lag it seems and Fair may also be shieldgrabbable or otherwise punishable on shield. This would be a pretty painful nerf to Fair.

Other than that, however, she looks fine and buffed. The new changes are very welcome.

PeachBooty

Smash Apprentice
Can't post link because I just made an account... mainly to post this here. Found this on Youtube. Search
Smash 3DS: Peach Moveset, Paper Mario
Doesn't show aerials, but shows most of her moveset. Her Fthrow doesn't do much knockback, but her Bthrow seems to do a lot more!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApuYDwVE0mw&feature=player_detailpage#t=0

Now this is what I am talking about. I wanted to see her air moves as well, but this is really good. Her BThrow seems to replace the Fthrow knock back. Seems you could kill with that move.

I like her running animation after she dashes. Guess that is why she is faster in this game. I love her already.

Her final smash I believe got buffed. In brawl there were many peaches around for one to get. Here there are like 2-3 and you can just get them to recover health, and then knock out your opponent. I think those peaches heal more. Brawl, you would have to waste your time running around to recover lots of health and then go for the finish. So for casual play, I believe this is a nice tweek.

And those daisy colors on her for the game. To me it just looks freaking amazing in action. I'm staying true to my color. People can have the black one. Everyone is gonna be using that color anyway. So can't even be original to my true self on behalf of my name cause of it. I'll stick with my 8 year trend of using my official color granted to me.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh yea, I forgot about that too. Looks like it can be a decent K.O. Seems she got a few buffs and lil nerfs. But OMFG that daisy color on Peach. I just can't get over how it looks on her. it's just.......

Uncle Peach promised he would not cry in front of the kids......

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Cripes that 2nd jump has some height to it! I think Parasol goes further as well.

Pleased to see how quick Peach Bomber is both on the ground and in the air. Looks like it'll be much harder to react to this time round.

The knock back of her B throw and F Smash seemed to have increased too. F Tilts range doesn't look quite as godly as it was in Brawl but maybe that's just because of the model size in the 3DS. I wonder if D Tilt can be used to set up actual combos this time around?

I really hope something akin to Glide Tossing is in this game. Has anyone tried Pivot Cancel stuff with Peach yet?

Last edited:

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
That vid is great!
Yeah the umbrella looks much stronger. It seems kind of ridiculous considering how weak it was back in Melee and Brawl. I am not sure how easy Rosalina is to send flying but I'm assuming she's not a heavyweight like she is in Mario Kart. Overall I'm liking the knock back increase. Her tennis racquet definitely hit pretty hard. I think fully charged smashes in general seem to be more effective. I wonder if it still has that nasty sweet spot? Dsmash looks like it almost has its melee power even though it doesn't deal as much damage [and does it look like the range on it isn't as big?]. In general her moves don't deal as much damage but if that's the trade off for kill power then it's cool. Turnips don't have as much range but they aren't as laggy as I was expecting them to be. Glad to see the random pulls are still in. Her fsmash range seems to have decreased a bit too. And did it look like her utilt had a sour spot?
I can see what people were saying with the dress physics now, the back of her dress is perpetually curved out and her hands don't hold her dress when she side taunts. It's funny. The ribbons and hearts are a nice touch too!

I hope she still has her Brawl dair. Does anyone know if she has the double hit like she has in Brawl with her nair and bair if she drops her float right after (the strong hit and the sour spot hit with the same move)? Oh and does Peach bomber still fly through regular shields or does it bounce off of them like in Melee?

And custom moves! I wanna see more of those!

Last edited:

bloodbuzzed

Smash Apprentice
Awesome video. After such a draught on Peach info this is exactly what we needed.

Overall she is looking to be a way better fighter than her Brawl rendition:

-vastly improved vertical recovery in double jump and parasol (a lot of the crazy good recoveries from Brawl seem to be gimped with the removal of gliding, so this is good news)
-faster run speed
-faster fall speed
-improved Dsmash that sucks opponents in and actually racks up damage worthy enough of a smash attack
-wicked new Uair to replace punishable former Uair
-set order to Fsmash
-Peach Bomber is VIABLE for the first time in Smash history (not that it stopped me from using it before)
-plus her model is gorgeous and cute

We've yet to see much of the float mechanics, and unless I am mistaken her aerials need to be looked at closer, but the turnip lag is minimal and definitely not worth being too upset by because of all the much-needed buffs our favorite princess got.

I can't wait for the Wii U version dear god

Last edited:

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
Im upset that the peach bomber does less damage now. It only does 10% not 16 anymore

~momentai~

Smash Journeyman
Her final smash I believe got buffed. In brawl there were many peaches around for one to get. Here there are like 2-3 and you can just get them to recover health, and then knock out your opponent. I think those peaches heal more. Brawl, you would have to waste your time running around to recover lots of health and then go for the finish. So for casual play, I believe this is a nice tweek.
Uncle Peach, her final smash seems even worse to me LOL. I am pretty sure the range on it decreased as well as the damage. Rosa was right in her face and only got 20 damage [it used to do 40 that close]. Maybe with her increased knock back she can dismiss them first and then eat the peaches. Eh, I'll save my final judgement until I can get my hands on this game and try it out! I hope something has been done about opponents taking to the air, a ledge, or water to avoid sleeping. No matter how it turns out it's better than her baking a cake and getting kidnapped.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I did not noticed the range. The good thing I got out of it is, you put one to sleep, then you get a lot of health quickly, then go back into the fight before they wake up. Brawl you would have to get peaches, hit your opponent before they wake up, then go get some more. Around this time your opponent would be coming back towards the stage for free since you are not there to edgeguard them.

This time, put people to sleep, get tons of % back quickly, then back into the fight. That's how I see it anyway. I try too look at the good of things and not the bad so much. Since the bad is not gonna do anything for me.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Bthrow looks amazing! It sent them Rosalina pretty far and she was only at 113%. Granted, the stage may be small and Rosalina may not weigh much but it does look like it may be able to kill this time around! Uthrow looks a bit stronger too.

Someone should test whether turnip > Peach Bomber works. It might connect since Peach Bomber looks retardedly fast this time.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
So her air dodge is ****ING amazing.
He jumps are greatly buffed, she was able to recover on Yoshi's Island from the bottom of the stage, jump twice and up b back to stage.
Her toad is GREATLY improved, if seems when you hit with toad and the spores is add a nice hit stun and great knock back.
She also still has Stitch face, when she threw it the guys shield went from full to almost nothing.

Peach_hachaa

Smash Rookie
Just thought I'd finally join this forum!

I've been actively browsing this thread only, ever since it started lol.

Big peach fan and I'm just excited as the next fan, so here I am :)

I really am impressed with all her changes so far, seems quite faster than brawl appearance, which is even better.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Hey fellow peach mains!!! Im here!!! Def excited to try out the new Peach(OMG That Black/Gold alt!!) As of now im gonna stick to my promise and try to make Rosalina work as my new main but im def always going to have a Peach in my back pocket! Looking forward to learning all new types of strageties with our princess in the future!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Just thought I'd finally join this forum!

I've been actively browsing this thread only, ever since it started lol.

Big peach fan and I'm just excited as the next fan, so here I am :)

I really am impressed with all her changes so far, seems quite faster than brawl appearance, which is even better.
Welcome to the team

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
Remember .....peach bomber not only will be an attach move ... we can replace air dodge with this and dont suffer any kind of punish

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ApuYDwVE0mw&feature=player_detailpage#t=0

Now this is what I am talking about. I wanted to see her air moves as well, but this is really good. Her BThrow seems to replace the Fthrow knock back. Seems you could kill with that move.

I like her running animation after she dashes. Guess that is why she is faster in this game. I love her already.

And those daisy colors on her for the game. To me it just looks freaking amazing in action. I'm staying true to my color. People can have the black one. Everyone is gonna be using that color anyway. So can't even be original to my true self on behalf of my name cause of it. I'll stick with my 8 year trend of using my official color granted to me.
Ahh the peach gameplay from last night's stream got uploaded. Woot!

Standard A combo gives 5%
Fully charged up smash gives 21%.
Side tilt gives 7% when close and 8% near the end of her foot.
Up tilt gives 7%
Down tilt gives 7% and can still meteor smash
Last 3 hits(out of 5) of her down smash gave 3% each.
Fully charged racket gives 18%. Stronger knockback and no sweetspot in sight.
Side B give 10% instead of brawl's 16% but is much faster.
Up B possibly got a knockback buff.
Final smash gives 20% instead of 40%?
Throws are the same damage wise as brawl tho her down throw does 1% extra here.
Second jump is higher(duh)

Minor nerfs aside, so far so better lol.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Seem she got weaker in turns of % on her attacks. But exchange for good knockback? How she kills on some of these moves needs to be tested.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
http://www.twitch.tv/vgbootcamp/b/567809053

skip to 1:01:06.

Uair looks really great although it looks like it has some landing lag.
Fair has some considerable landing lag but it looks very strong (too bad we cant see the opponents %)
Nair looks very fast.
Bair looks very fast too, but the range seems nerfed...
Dair looks amazing, it may be even better than Brawl.

Ftilt looks like you can combo off it pretty well.
Dtilt looks fast but it has always been somewhat fast to begin with.
Her grab range looks like piss. She's standing right next to ZSS and she still fails to grab her ._. This better be some universal nerf.

Dthrow looks very good, it seems to have a lot of hitstun.
UpB's hits seem to connect well.

She deals quite some hitstun from the looks of it, but that may also be the computer sucking.
Her air speed definitely seems faster.

Last edited:

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
@ Peach_hachaa Peach_hachaa : Welcome aboard! Glad to see another Peach fan joining us! ^^

@ ffdgh ffdgh : It seems most of her moves got less power in exchange of more knockback... What we lacked in Brawl was knockback. Nintendo answered our prayers at a very small cost!

@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch :

- Back-Throw is much stronger, allowing us to kill on stages with close edges. Doesn't kill? Edgeguard Armada-style!
- Up-Throw is much stronger, allowing us to kill on stages with a low ceiling. Doesn't kill? Up-Air Marth-style!

@ M Meru. : This is exactly the video we all needed!

- Peach's Down-Throw got a similar threatment to Mario's, allowing countless combos on lower percents.
- "Peach Bomber" can hit shields! This is so unbelievable. It makes this Side-B so much more useful.
- Up-Air could potentially allow us to "juggle" with opponents above her.
- Forward-Air seems as strong as it was in Melee now.
- On a down-side, Back-Air seems to have been nerfed, with less range and knockback. >:
- Otherwise, I freakin' love that Down-Throw > Forward-Tilt > Grab combo. <3

Overall, all these changes are extremely welcome and will make Peach a fearsome opponent. I bet Marth, Peach's longtime nemesis, is really jealous right now.

Last edited:

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
So guys?

Talking to someone who has the Japanese release.

Upsmash's sweetspot is now extended to cover most of the move. There is an unsweetspotted ground portion (so upsmashing a standing Kirby does not sweetspot) but the entire above-ground portion is sweetspot. You can run up to and usmash any standing tall character and get the sweetspot. He tested on Sheik and killed her easily at 100%.

Luminario

Smash Lord
@ Peach_hachaa Peach_hachaa : Welcome aboard! Glad to see another Peach fan joining us! ^^

@ ffdgh ffdgh : It seems most of her moves got less power in exchange of more knockback... What we lacked in Brawl was knockback. Nintendo answered our prayers at a very small cost!

@ Dark.Pch Dark.Pch :

- Back-Throw is much stronger, allowing us to kill on stages with close edges. Doesn't kill? Edgeguard Armada-style!
- Up-Throw is much stronger, allowing us to kill on stages with a low ceiling. Doesn't kill? Up-Air Marth-style!

@ M Meru. : This is exactly the video we all needed!

- Peach's Down-Throw got a similar threatment to Mario's, allowing countless combos on lower percents.
- "Peach Bomber" can hit shields! This is so unbelievable. It makes this Side-B so much more useful.
- Up-Air could potentially allow us to "juggle" with opponents above her.
- Forward-Air seems as strong as it was in Melee now.
- On a down-side, Back-Air seems to have been nerfed, with less range and knockback. >:
- Otherwise, I freakin' love that Down-Throw > Forward-Tilt > Grab combo. <3

Overall, all these changes are extremely welcome and will make Peach a fearsome opponent. I bet Marth, Peach's longtime nemesis, is really jealous right now.
So guys?

Talking to someone who has the Japanese release.

Upsmash's sweetspot is now extended to cover most of the move. There is an unsweetspotted ground portion (so upsmashing a standing Kirby does not sweetspot) but the entire above-ground portion is sweetspot. You can run up to and usmash any standing tall character and get the sweetspot. He tested on Sheik and killed her easily at 100%.
Peach Bomber can hit shields!? Up smash sweetspot extended!? callin it now Peach is top tier.

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
a peach player just naired then side tilted ZeRO i guess thats a combo

Last edited:

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Yesss, that video.
She's looking to be pretty good. And here everyone was worrying about her, haha.

A lot of her movements, at least with this 3DS version look really weird though (her Bair). All this gameplay is making me want to buy the 3DS version I wasn't originally going to spend money on. :urg:

]You can run up to and usmash any standing tall character and get the sweetspot. He tested on Sheik and killed her easily at 100%.
:bee:

Last edited:
Top Bottom