• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'm guessing that the reason why we've seen so little of Peach is because there's not much to update us on. There look to be a few changes here and there but compared to the jump from Melee to Brawl this doesn't really seem like it's quite as much of a big deal. I mean, even if she's buffed to the point that she's one of the best characters in the game there isn't really much to actually show off... there are a few things, though and I do wish they'd at least brush on those. It's stuff like this that make me miss the Dojo, it was really nice having posts dedicated to a character's special moves and final smash... now, even with customizable special moves it doesn't seem like they're too big on actually revealing what they are or how they differ from the default... the focus is on like, the same small pool of veterans and the newcomers basically.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Posted this in the wrong thread, oops.

I don't really think there's anything huge behind her not being showcased that much. I remember with the Brawl release we hardly got anything from Zelda and there was so much speculation on major changes that were possibly going on with her but come game release she wasn't really all that changed like everyone hyped her up to be.

It's strange, yes. But I just see it as them just simply wanting to showcase other characters.

Edit: I agree with Momo.

Last edited:

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
As usual it's very difficult to see but Peach's Parasol (Up Special) can be seen in action in a Japanese episode of some Cat Mario and Peach thing

Here's the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzDxCbtd1RY&list=UUkH3CcMfqww9RsZvPRPkAJA

Skip to 0:56. What's interesting is that Palutena and Lucario seem stuck in the inital Parasol hits right at the tip of the Parasol before the final hit knocks them back. Maybe this will mean that the final hit of the Parasol will connect more reliably now?

P.S Glad to see this thread is now a sticky

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
A little gameplay with peach in it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XOPQze722f4
omg i was so excited to click that i almost threw up
was so disappointed to see that it was just her like running and then jumping lmao
really cool though, thanks for sharing. nice to see her animation kind of .. for running i guess?

what we see of peach in this entire video… :[ thanks for sharing though

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
omg i was so excited to click that i almost threw up
was so disappointed to see that it was just her like running and then jumping lmao
really cool though, thanks for sharing. nice to see her animation kind of .. for running i guess?

what we see of peach in this entire video… :[ thanks for sharing though
At least we can see she is holding the dress now when she runs... I think.
Only 1 month left! I don't know if I can wait!!!:4peach::4peach::4peach:
YOU CAN MAKE IT! JUST ONE MONTH UNTIL PRINCESS POWER! THE TIME WILL FLY BY!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
There is a miiverse fansite that was made. It has content of all the pics of the day, characters, their moves and etc. In the Peach area, they show all her moves. And based on that, this is what is suppose to be her up-air

I am not sure how true this really is. When I saw this, I thought it was some item she has at first when it is was shown on valentines day. The thing is, there in no video footage at all showing this being her up-air.

There is a good chance it is. It would fit her girly personality and traits. We will find out in 10 days though.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
There is a miiverse fansite that was made. It has content of all the pics of the day, characters, their moves and etc. In the Peach area, they show all her moves. And based on that, this is what is suppose to be her up-air

I am not sure how true this really is. When I saw this, I thought it was some item she has at first when it is was shown on valentines day. The thing is, there in no video footage at all showing this being her up-air.

There is a good chance it is. It would fit her girly personality and traits. We will find out in 10 days though.
i still can't see this as her up-air, but i guess I'm going to have to deal with it.
i still don't know how i feel about it being a arm spread rainbow, i just like how she was in melee & brawl.
i don't like the huge change they made like that

At least we can see she is holding the dress now when she runs... I think.
hmmm, i don't know i can barely make out her running animation.

Last edited:

AlwaysMilk

Smash Cadet
NNID
DivineMilk
3DS FC
3668-9753-1480
i still can't see this as her up-air, but i guess I'm going to have to deal with it.
i still don't know how i feel about it being a arm spread rainbow, i just like how she was in melee & brawl.

hmmm, i don't know i can barely make out her running animation.
Peach is a floaty character and for that Up Aerial to be like that is reasonable. It might be like Zelda's where it has a high impact and knock-back to it or it might just be a move to stack damage in it. Either way I'm glad it's not the kick, it was great and all but I felt her up-aerial needed more Peach in it and more fame. Although I want her Down-Aerial to stay the same love that aerial <3

Zero Suit Dominic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterPeach
3DS FC
3883-6898-4363
I know, I kind of think it might be a taunt? But I'm not sure.

I wonder if I should keep helping you out on getting more information on Peach...
Go ahead! Any little bit helps!

YOU CAN MAKE IT! JUST ONE MONTH UNTIL PRINCESS POWER! THE TIME WILL FLY BY!
I hope I can. Thank you.:starman:

PKIvysaur

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
1848-2590-1230
They would have to be stupid to take out the down air. Its her main float attack. I just want wall bombing XP

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I'm afraid the only attack we haven't seen yet is up air. It still looks gorgeous and really suits Peach so I'm thankful for the change.
we haven't seen a lot of peach, we're still missing her down air, a fixed side tilt, her neutral A, down A, back air hasn't been confirmed, neutral air hasn't been confirmed, down smash & more I'm sure

but i get you, the only one that makes sense is her up air.

Expect an update soon, gunna stay up late
so i can fix/add a few things for you guys ! :4peach:

i broke it again, so i'll have to wait till
tomorrow to see what i can do,
just expect a big update on the thread soon

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Here's hoping we see Peach tomorrow in the demo footages!

I personally dig the rainbow up-air. Throws me back to clearing Rainbow Islands since few years ago.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
It probably isn't but it's just a thought. I guess we'll find out soon with the JP release of SSB4

I hope she can use it whilst Floating - if the airdodging into the ground in the final build of the game still results in lots of landing lag then it's going to be an absolute nightmare for opponents to land vs Peach with a massive arcing Rainbow-of-Death to avoid :D

Luminario

Smash Lord
It probably isn't but it's just a thought. I guess we'll find out soon with the JP release of SSB4

I hope she can use it whilst Floating - if the airdodging into the ground in the final build of the game still results in lots of landing lag then it's going to be an absolute nightmare for opponents to land vs Peach with a massive arcing Rainbow-of-Death to avoid :D
Assuming this attack is her up air and Peachs abilities stay more or less the same then yeah we can span a rainbow disjointed hitbox in place multiple times. I've always wanted to destroy people with rainbows. Like you said it's perfect for putting pressure on opponents since if they dodge the initial rainbow they get a flurry of dair kicks instead. WE SHALL SHOW THEM NO MERCY!

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
So it's been strongly rumored that Peach has a Fire Peach alt.

Lots of details from NintendoEverything:
http://nintendoeverything.com/lots-of-super-smash-bros-for-3d...

• This is from a demo event in Japan
  • Someone provided some impressions
  • Peach's butt bomb is a lot stronger
  • Link has a red costume with markings underneath his eyes
  • Toon Link has the four swords colors and the old style Link color
  • There is no Outset Island Toon Link
  • Pac-Man is slow
  • Zelda has a white costume
  • Chrom appears in Robin's victory pose
  • Nintendo was very strict about pictures and video at the event
  • Olimar has an Alph alt
  • Fox has a Wolf palette swap
  • Glasses Pikachu confirmed
  • Fierce Deity Link confirmed
  • These other colors and costumes are rumored at the moment
  • Fire Peach is a Peach alt
  • Black and purple Yoshis confirmed
  • Palutena has a Viridi color scheme
  • Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight are Meta Knight alts
  • Shiny Charizard is an Charziard alt
  • Pac-Man can wear accessories

I'll be posting this information on threads that contain the characters mentioned and on the social thread.

Luminario

Smash Lord
So it's been strongly rumored that Peach has a Fire Peach alt.

Lots of details from NintendoEverything:

• This is from a demo event in Japan
  • Someone provided some impressions
  • Peach's butt bomb is a lot stronger
  • Link has a red costume with markings underneath his eyes
  • Toon Link has the four swords colors and the old style Link color
  • There is no Outset Island Toon Link
  • Pac-Man is slow
  • Zelda has a white costume
  • Chrom appears in Robin's victory pose
  • Nintendo was very strict about pictures and video at the event
  • Olimar has an Alph alt
  • Fox has a Wolf palette swap
  • Glasses Pikachu confirmed
  • Fierce Deity Link confirmed
  • These other colors and costumes are rumored at the moment
  • Fire Peach is a Peach alt
  • Black and purple Yoshis confirmed
  • Palutena has a Viridi color scheme
  • Dark Meta Knight and Galacta Knight are Meta Knight alts
  • Shiny Charizard is an Charziard alt
  • Pac-Man can wear accessories

I'll be posting this information on threads that contain the characters mentioned and on the social thread.
You got here before I could. I saw the demo info on my phone before I was going to sleep and now I can't cause I am SO HYPED!
I just have one question to the demo players.... DOES FIRE PEACH HAVE A PONYTAIL? That is alll I want to know.
Also on neogaf I think they confirmed that the rainbow move is in fact up air and turnip pluck is a little slower than before.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Kie one of the best if not the best Peach main in brawl is also updating info on peach on her twitter account but its in Japanese and I can't see twitter on this computer

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I'm trying to get the link. I can't find his twitter..........FML.

A person on a smash chat I use has the link he must be afk from the chat. Will post it as soon as I get it. I can't see twitter on this computer it ****ing sucks. Need to fix that error.

Sorry to double post but here is the link to kie's twitter.

https://twitter.com/kiekie__eikeik

Last edited by a moderator:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh snap Kie is taking a look at her? I'm sure we'll have some excellent info on her very soon.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I'm trying to get the link. I can't find his twitter..........FML.

A person on a smash chat I use has the link he must be afk from the chat. Will post it as soon as I get it. I can't see twitter on this computer it ****ing sucks. Need to fix that error.
LINK IT! I'll run it through google translate or something. It won't make much sense but we might be able to get some info
Oh snap Kie is taking a look at her? I'm sure we'll have some excellent info on her very soon.
so….
I'm freaking out about the turnip nerf

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
It's just longer pull time, right?

I'd be nice if they bounced off shield again. Otherwise they're gonna be rarely worth pulling.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
So i just found out that supposedly the rainbow up-air is destroying everyone (like multiple K.O's at once) and it might get a nerf for the end game :4peach:

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
I wouldn't be surprised. Its a disjointed aerial that looks like it has juggling opportunity. I wonder how long the hitbox lasts? I'm nerding out over peach XD

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Someone tell Kie to sandbag for his life so we get a broken Peach for the end game.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I wouldn't be surprised. Its a disjointed aerial that looks like it has juggling opportunity. I wonder how long the hitbox lasts? I'm nerding out over peach XD
you don't think i am ?? lmaoo
Someone tell Kie to sandbag for his life so we get a broken Peach for the end game.
i need peach to annihilate everyone
and we're also getting a black costume peach

Luminario

Smash Lord
Ok guys we have a Daisy palette swap again and remember for every turnip that takes a bit longer to uproot we bask people with Peach Bomber even faster and can jump even higher and can create an arcing rainbow that apparently KOs everything (thank you im just peachy)

It's just longer pull time, right?

I'd be nice if they bounced off shield again. Otherwise they're gonna be rarely worth pulling.
Hopefully the nerfed plucking time will accommodate for superior bouncing turnips

you don't think i am ?? lmaoo

i need peach to annihilate everyone
and we're also getting a black costume peach
Hang on black dress Peach? that would be so cool where dya hear that?

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Ok guys we have a Daisy palette swap again and remember for every turnip that takes a bit longer to uproot we bask people with Peach Bomber even faster and can jump even higher and can create an arcing rainbow that apparently KOs everything (thank you im just peachy)

woah hunky icon.

But back to Peach hopefully the nerfed plucking time will accommodate for superior bouncing turnips

Hang on black dress Peach? that would be so cool where dya hear that?
i need a picture of that daisy palette swap !! so she's not going to look like daisy ? :\ that's really.. not cool
what were you saying about the turnips ?" for every turnip that takes a bit longer to uproot we bask people with peach bomber?"

what do you mean by that ? and i translated this girl's tweets, she said "black & fire peach colors"

Last edited:
Top Bottom