• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

Luminario

Smash Lord
i need a picture of that daisy palette swap !! so she's not going to look like daisy ? :\ that's really.. not cool
what were you saying about the turnips ?" for every turnip that takes a bit longer to uproot we bask people with peach bomber?"

what do you mean by that ? and i translated this girl's tweets, she said "black & fire peach colors"
Sorry I'm not thinking straight. for every turnip we uproot slower we hit people with Peach Bomber faster. Hopefully we get the bouncing turnips back as well which will balance the nerfed plucking time.
God I need a cup of tea. It is 7 in the morning and I haven't even slept yet. I apologise in advance for any mistakes or stupid comments.
I need to translate more of that persons tweets

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Sorry I'm not thinking straight. for every turnip we uproot slower we hit people with Peach Bomber faster. Hopefully we get the bouncing turnips back as well which will balance the nerfed plucking time.
God I need a cup of tea. It is 7 in the morning and I haven't even slept yet. I apologise in advance for any mistakes or stupid comments.
I need to translate more of that persons tweets
its ok i feel like i sexually assaulted google translate bc i used it so much in like 5 mins bc of her tweets lmfaoo
it's fine ! but are you saying that every time peach plucks a turnip it goes slower when you pluck the next one and so on ? slower and slower ? and then peach bomber gets faster ?

Last edited:

Luminario

Smash Lord
its ok i feel like i sexually assaulted google translate bc i used it so much in like 5 mins bc of her tweets lmfaoo
it's fine ! but are you saying that every time peach plucks a turnip it goes slower when you pluck the next one and so on ? slower and slower ? and then peach bomber gets faster ?
oh no its the same speed every time I was just referring to the balance of nerfed plucking speed and the buffed Bomber speed. Ok I need to try to sleep before I make more people even more confused with my messed up sentences.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
oh no its the same speed every time I was just referring to the balance of nerfed plucking speed and the buffed Bomber speed. Ok I need to try to sleep before I make more people even more confused with my messed up sentences.
night ! excited about buffed peach bomber, idk why they had to nerf her turnips though. why can't they just let her be

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Veggies take longer time to pull up... aw man. But Peach Bomber is not so slow anymore?

I'm quite confused why they kept Peach so behind with everything when clearly, it seems she hadn't changed aside from her rainbow arc attack being her U-Air now (Yay!)

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Veggies take longer time to pull up... aw man. But Peach Bomber is not so slow anymore?

I'm quite confused why they kept Peach so behind with everything when clearly, it seems she doesn't seem to have changed aside from her rainbow arc attack being her U-Air now (Yay!)
yea ! pulling turnips takes longer - but her side b (peach bomber) barely has any startup time, so it's super quick and buffed up so it's really good !

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
The range on her Up Air is really huge! I wonder how long it lasts... Also, did they decrease the size of her up tilt?

micstar615

Smash Ace
Ok guys we have a Daisy palette swap again and remember for every turnip that takes a bit longer to uproot we bask people with Peach Bomber even faster and can jump even higher and can create an arcing rainbow that apparently KOs everything (thank you im just peachy)

Hopefully the nerfed plucking time will accommodate for superior bouncing turnips

Hang on black dress Peach? that would be so cool where dya hear that?
Wait, she can jump higher? That's pretty good if true!

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Alright!

I hope they don't nerf that rainbow attack, it's so good apparently.
Unfortunately they're already talking about nerfing it :\
The range on her Up Air is really huge! I wonder how long it lasts... Also, did they decrease the size of her up tilt?
I don't think so ! Do you think they did ?? Go to the first page of my thread and under "standard" there should be a gif or two of her up tilt, doesn't look smaller to me !
Wait, she can jump higher? That's pretty good if true!

She can ! Check out the first page of this thread and under the "Aerials" section you'll see her new jumping.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I don't think so ! Do you think they did ?? Go to the first page of my thread and under "standard" there should be a gif or two of her up tilt, doesn't look smaller to me !
I guess it was just a perspective issue last time I saw it. Looking at the gif, it looks like it reaches further (in a vertical sense) since it looks like it's placed slightly higher. The last time I saw Peach's up tilt from Brawl was many years ago, so I thought it was bigger compared to now.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Great. I'm gonna be assaulting people from under with Freaking rainbows. Idk how I feel about this. All this girly stuff is.....not my style. Though It will be fun looking at my opponents face when they lose to all of this.

^also, I'm pretty sure that it's the final build, so why would they nerf it now :/
A demo is usually not the final stage. Demos are subject to change. It's like that with every game. The Brawl demo, Peach Fthrow actually killed. And MK Fair did ALOT of damage. When the game was released, All that was gone.

micstar615

Smash Ace
Great. I'm gonna be assaulting people from under with Freaking rainbows. Idk how I feel about this. All this girly stuff is.....not my style. Though It will be fun looking at my opponents face when they lose to all of this.

A demo is usually not the final stage. Demos are subject to change. It's like that with every game. The Brawl demo, Peach Fthrow actually killed. And MK Fair did ALOT of damage. When the game was released, All that was gone.
Very true but I do recall that this was being promoted as the "final build of the game" no?

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm not sure about all of that. But demos are incomplete games. They through it out for you to get a taste of the game. Final releases of a game are usually not the same as the demo. If that was the case, the game would have not been held back till December. Sakurai did this so he could have more time with the game and made sure there are nearly no mistakes. This is why the 3ds version was held back till next month when it was suppose to come last month.

Games usually go through three states. Beta, demo, final release. Beta is usually the flow of the game. Where is it show cased It's only a piece of the game. A demo is the stage where a game was been working on and the game plan is set. They know what they wanna do, how it will look, play, etc. And This is where they unleash it to the public so people can get what I call "free samples of the game" The game is not finished. This is the time where they decide if they wanna change anything. Test to see if things are ok or buggy. And to add new things that might come to mind. Wether it might be character, new features, etc. What can they do to make this game more epic to them for the players. If they have an idea, they add it and test it out. Then the final stage, final product. Everyone is content with how things look and testing of the game. And finally feel it is ready to be released to the world for people to enjoy.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
For anyone who hasn't seen it, a member named Zipzo on SWF is currently testing everything from the demo and posting answers to questions

Here's a link to someone who is writing a transcript on Reddit (using this link because SWF can crash now and then and it's also in a nice easy to find place)
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fluu0/smashboardszipzos_feedback_on_the_latest_demo/

Apparently, Peach's F Smash is now ordered instead of random! So that's good to hear

I'm very excited to hear about this new super duper Rainbow move and a viable Peach Bomber/Fire Peach alt is excellent but I am very sad to hear about the laggier Turnip Pull - what's the deal with that? Are they still random?

I wonder if Free Pulling/Bone Walking are still in the game. Also my condolences to the B Stick users out there (I was never a fan of the setup but it sucks that the people who prefer to use can't do so on the 3DS. Here's hoping for the Wii U version).

It's just longer pull time, right?

I'd be nice if they bounced off shield again. Otherwise they're gonna be rarely worth pulling.
Agreed - although it's hard to imagine a Peach without Turnips :/ the lack of Glide Tossing makes me nervous too...I'm hoping there's going to be a custom move which allows her to pluck up foodstuff that she can eat and recover health from.

In totally unrelated news, Meno is that you in your avatar? You hella swole

So i just found out that supposedly the rainbow up-air is destroying everyone (like multiple K.O's at once) and it might get a nerf for the end game :4peach:
Yikes where'd you hear that? :( I was so looking forward to her having viable kills moves in this game...

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I liked her previous up air though... :-(

Oh well, I love rainbows as well, so I'll probably like this move too !

MechaWave

Smash Champion
This is what Kie said about Peach. I'm no professional translator but I did what I understood. Japanese use different terms for techs so it's a bit difficult.

- Two additional colors: black and fire
- Second jump height is increased. You can't float cancel.
- The lowest altitude [for floating] is like Melee. (don't understand the context too much)
- (Something about fair's landing lag being "bull****")
- Peach Parasol doesn't grab the ledge from behind. Grabbable if closed.
- Changed aerial. Releases a rainbow that hits multiple times and blows away at the end.
- Extended Peach Bomber distance, extremely fast
- New animations, they feel fluid
- I can confirm that you can pull Bob-ombs and Mr. Saturns
- I'm pretty sure I pulled a Ray Gun and Bullet Bill too
- In the practice stage, Stitchface did 29% and dotface did 18% (smash throws)
- Some things feel more Melee-ish in general
- Grabs overall haven't been changed much from Brawl?
- Dash attack has two timed hits
- Turnips don't cancel on the ledge
- I pulled bob-ombs 4 times, supposedly with items off. I need to verify, though
- Forward smash loops: racket → golf → frying pan → racket ...

Last edited:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Crown slap better have double it's strength if it has more lag...On the positive side, Nice to read her second jump height is improved!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Aww dang on F-Air having lag. Turnips are also less reliable even if it seems that they pull more random stuff this time? Crazy.

Crazy buff on Peach Bomber though.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
He said he was pleased with her but there were nerfs. Not too sure how I feel about this myself, we'll have to see how she plays. She definitely doesn't seem to play like Brawl if her turnips are so horrible. Custom moves legal in tourneys plz. :)

It's pretty funny she can pull Bullet Bills cuz those things are op as ****.

Btw he said he wasn't that sure about fair, it was just a first impression. It's probably not as bad as it's described, although he literally did say "bull****"

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
I am happy with some of her changes. But, about the nerf of turnips. How bad is the nerf? Is it extremely slow? I would like to know.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
This is what Kie said about Peach. I'm no professional translator but I did what I understood. Japanese use different terms for techs so it's a bit difficult.

- Two additional colors: black and fire
- Second jump height is increased. You can't double jump/float (it was either or, not both, idk) cancel. (1)
- The lowest altitude [for floating] is like Melee. (don't understand the context too much)
- (Something about fair's landing lag being "bull****") (2)
- Peach Parasol doesn't grab the ledge from behind. Grabbable if closed.
- Changed aerial. Releases a rainbow that hits multiple times and blows away at the end.
- Extended Peach Bomber distance, extremely fast
- New animations, they feel fluid
- I can confirm that you can pull Bob-ombs and Mr. Saturns
- I'm pretty sure I pulled a Ray Gun and Bullet Bill too
- In the practice stage, Stitchface did 29% and dotface did 18% (smash throws)
- Some things feel more Melee-ish in general
- Grabs overall haven't been changed much from Brawl?
- Dash attack has two timed hits
- Turnips don't cancel on the ledge
- I pulled bob-ombs 4 times, supposedly with items off. I need to verify, though (3)
- Forward smash loops: racket → golf → frying pan → racket ...
things that stand out to me a lot are highlighted in yellow,
1. "you can't double jump/float (it was either or, not both)" when you said this,
were you're saying that she can't double jump & then go into the float ? because that would be devastating …
2. about her forward air crown smash attack, I'm not understanding how they could nerf her.. why would they do that ?
her crown smash attack has always had a lot of lag, seeing a LOT the characters getting significantly buffed is making me upset.
peach doesn't deserve to be nerfed anymore, this is ridiculous.
3. :4peach: peachy

micstar615

Smash Ace
I hope that not being able to float after the second jump is some kind of translation error....floating is her main niche, why would they nerf it? Zipzo is going to play again today, someone should ask him to check this.

Luminario

Smash Lord
things that stand out to me a lot are highlighted in yellow,
1. "you can't double jump/float (it was either or, not both)" when you said this,
were you're saying that she can't double jump & then go into the float ? because that would be devastating …
2. about her forward air crown smash attack, I'm not understanding how they could nerf her.. why would they do that ?
her crown smash attack has always had a lot of lag, seeing a LOT the characters getting significantly buffed is making me upset.
peach doesn't deserve to be nerfed anymore, this is ridiculous.
3. :4peach: peachy
I believe they're saying that you can't cancel the double jump into float anymore so you can only float after the full double jump.
Fair might be buffed as well so they might have had to balance it with landing lag.
It STILL annoys me that you can't grab a ledge from behind with Peach Parasol. I really wished they changed that in this game.
The only thing we can do is remain optimistic about them not ****ing her over.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I believe they're saying that you can't cancel the double jump into float anymore so you can only float after the full double jump.
Fair might be buffed as well so they might have had to balance it with landing lag.
It STILL annoys me that you can't grab a ledge from behind with Peach Parasol. I really wished they changed that in this game.
The only thing we can do is remain optimistic about them not ****ing her over.
oh okay, well i still don't like that, her floating game is one of her best qualities and they keep messing with it. peach in the air is devastating & they know that. they're like doing it on purpose or something. i liked canceling the second jump straight into float.
this is some bull.
the peach parasol thing / grabbing from behind is ok, i mean it's been like that since melee so I'm used to it. they also said she can grab it from behind if her parasol is closed, (probably when you're in free fall) I'm still optimistic, but like calm down sakurai

Luminario

Smash Lord
Are you sure he doesn't mean double jump cancel (cancelling second jump rising with an aerial) and Float cancelling (tech from Melee)? Or does it actually mean that you can only float during your first jump, not the second?
She can probably float at anytime again she just can't cancel. If you couldn't float after the second jump that would be the stupidest thing they could have done.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

UPDATED.
  • first post had to be split in two because of it's size, it was causing problems.
  • new pictures/gifs spread through the main post including: final smash (under specials), new side smash animation (under smashes), more jump information, and her new up air (under aerials), some new pictures under "actions" and new amiibo shots.
  • added a "special" tab for people who got inspired by my thread and made their own, and to thank a moderator who's helped me a lot through the entire creation process of this thread. @Hong
  • i will also be adding notes to each move of hers for the next couple of days, please let me know if i miss anything !
enjoy
don't be afraid to tell me to fix/add anything.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Are you sure he doesn't mean double jump cancel (cancelling second jump rising with an aerial) and Float cancelling (tech from Melee)? Or does it actually mean that you can only float during your first jump, not the second?
Float cancel. Whatever that tech was that was in Melee but also wasn't in Brawl. Sorry, I just couldn't remember the tech name.

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I wanna address something right now. And my kids from the brawl era know Uncle Peach too well with what I am about to say.

Based in the info provided for us about Peach, I am seeing people get down, scared, etc. about some of her nerfs. You need to stop thinking like that and work with what you got. You need to think out of the box. Turn a bad thing into a good thing. I'll give you an example.

If the info about her fair being laggy is true, then you can not freely use that move like brawl. (not gonna say melee cause that is not an auto canceled move and you can float cancel.) What this is telling me I have to be tighter with the use of it. And here is how. I would now have to use that move each time via floating for spacing and baiting grounded. When I do, I have to pull back So I can't get punished. If people wanna try and punish me for it, I can move away and capitalize on it based on character. This is no longer a pressure starter. It is now a move to keep people out. That's what you use it for. Spacing and keeping people out. Controlling space.

Her turnips have a lot of lag when getting them? That does suck. But here is a lesson it will teach you that will help you greater later. How to have a solid turnip game. which a lot of Peach players don't have. They just toss it with a typical approach. Or throw it grounded and that's it. You will not be forced to use that turnip wisely since you can't not get a turnip as easily anymore. Turnip shield pressure to make unsafe moves save and open someone up on shield. Z-drop mix ups. You are now forced to do this.

It was the same thing in 2008 when people cried about Peach on release. One top Peach player named vidjo from melee made a thread that Peach was horrible. I stepped in and told him along with the other cry babies to work with what you have. Which none did and the game just game out. They worried too much about her nerfs and the the 100 strengths she gain. Making her have more tools and tricks then she did in melee.

Use the new buffs in the game to deal with her nerfs. That's how you are suppose to think. Everything comes with a price. If something gets better, don't think there will not be a down side. I don't wanna see a repeat here of 2008. I for one am not phased at all with some of her bad changes. I'm gonna do exactly what I did in 2008. Eff what people say and think about her and put in work. And you dam kids better do the same. Or you are gonna get beatings.

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
I wanna address something right now. And my kids from the brawl era know Uncle Peach too well with what I am about to say.

Based in the info provided for us about Peach, I am seeing people get down, scared, etc. about some of her nerfs. You need to stop thinking like that and work with what you got. You need to think out of the box. Turn a bad thing into a good thing. I'll give you an example.

If the info about her fair being laggy is true, then you can not freely use that move like brawl. (not gonna say melee cause that is not an auto canceled move and you can float cancel.) What this is telling me I have to be tighter with the use of it. And here is how. I would now have to use that move each time via floating for spacing and baiting grounded. When I do, I have to pull back So I can't get punished. If people wanna try and punish me for it, I can move away and capitalize on it based on character. This is no longer a pressure starter. It is now a move to keep people out. That's what you use it for. Spacing and keeping people out. Controlling space.

Her turnips have a lot of lag when getting them? That does suck. But here is a lesson it will teach you that will help you greater later. How to have a solid turnip game. which a lot of Peach players don't have. They just toss it with a typical approach. Or throw it grounded and that's it. You will not be forced to use that turnip wisely since you can't not get a turnip as easily anymore. Turnip shield pressure to make unsafe moves save and open someone up on shield. Z-drop mix ups. You are now forced to do this.

It was the same thing in 2008 when people cried about Peach on release. One top Peach player named vidjo from melee made a thread that Peach was horrible. I stepped in and told him along with the other cry babies to work with what you have. Which none did and the game just game out. They worried too much about her nerfs and the the 100 strengths she gain. Making her have more tools and tricks then she did in melee.

Use the new buffs in the game to deal with her nerfs. That's how you are suppose to think. Everything comes with a price. If something gets better, don't think there will not be a down side. I don't wanna see a repeat here of 2008. I for one am not phased at all with some of her bad changes. I'm gonna do exactly what I did in 2008. Eff what people say and think about her and put in work. And you dam kids better do the same. Or you are gonna get beatings.
True, you do bring some good points. I for one did exactly what you said when Brawl came out. I adapted which is what I would do this time around again. But, I can't help but worried about how things will be with her. I have to worried, she's the character I love using on Melee and Brawl, and I wouldn't want her to be butchered in this game (unlikely to happen as she has gotten some new buffs). Well either way, I'll be judging everything I see during this upcoming week. I am sure she will be a great character (especially if people adapt). But I also believe is normal to be worried on how these nerfs will affect her.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
What the nerfs tell me is that I have to play her different from before. That's it. While I would like her to be OP, if she isn't, then she isn't. I'm no stranger to being in hard situations with character choice. You can't always get what you want. That's life. Times it happens, times it doesn't. Worrying about it does NOTHING at all. it wont make her the best. You can hope she is godlike. I hope so. But best to just let it rock.

Top Bottom