• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

Kendall112

Smash Cadet
So from what I see

Buffs:
Higher Double jump
Pulls out two more items from the ground
Peach Bomber is quick and powerful
Rainbow attack is awesome

Nerfs:
Slower Turnips
Landing lag on Fair

The buffs seem to outweigh the nerfs

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
sounds right.

Of course we'll only truly know once we have the game in our hands etc etc, but she sounds good, and at the very least usable.

Good might not cut it though, and if she's not top tier, there are a lot of interesting characters this time around. Honestly her projectile getting nerfed is fairly significant. With the amount of firepower the roster is packing... The spam ability was what I was most dreading.

I hope Toad is better. She needs a deflector or something.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Long Heels Red Bottoms

step step step step

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All that I am saying is the Black Peach color is mine. A color that finally suits my name. After years of playing, i'll give up the daisy color.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Does anyone know if the 'fire peach color' has a ponytail? I keep seeing people ask, but nobody is answering.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Does anyone know if the 'fire peach color' has a ponytail? I keep seeing people ask, but nobody is answering.
I saw the question but there's nothing said other than she "has a fire color." There's no pictures or anything, sadly.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i feel like it should have a ponytail, this is the only alternate costume that's been discussed
& since we know that daisy is just a color swap for peach again, it leaves an alternate costume open
look at the polls, fire peach destroys everything in the polls

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Suit and ponytail would've been amazing, but Fire Peach is the most reasonable (and awesome) alt to ask for, since removing the dress would probably cause some janky problems in animation. We still get Ponytail Peach either way, which is truly the most important thing here.

:093:

Last edited:

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I honestly don't like Fire Peach's dress or Peach with her hair up but congratulations to everybody who wanted that alt., I'm going to be sticking with default Peach most likely since pink is my favorite color anyway...

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I honestly don't like Fire Peach's dress or Peach with her hair up but congratulations to everybody who wanted that alt., I'm going to be sticking with default Peach most likely since pink is my favorite color anyway...
i oddly don't favor peach with her ponytail either ! i've always liked peach with her normal long hair :4peach: don't worry !

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Yeah, but one alternate costume with her hair up I think serves the greater good. Shows more effort than just palette swaps, is clearly popular by a large part of the community, and in a way promotes 3D World.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
It's a nice addition... I think I'd prefer Cat Peach though. Normally I'd assume it's not possible for Peach to get a non-dress based costume but I remember reading that her Down Smash now has an "airwave" circle showing where the hitbox begins ... now I'm not sure how reliable the source is but if this is true then I imagine this opens up possibilities for alternate costumes for her. I'm not getting my hopes up and I wouldn't be too disappointed if she got no other costumes, but I would like to see Cat Peach... even if it's something like DLC... I mean, I like normal Peach better but I still think it's cute seeing her in her cat suit.

Also, I love her new up air... rainbows are so cute and pretty so I feel like it really suits her. I love the girliness of it all. I did like her old uair too, though...

Luminario

Smash Lord
It's a nice addition... I think I'd prefer Cat Peach though. Normally I'd assume it's not possible for Peach to get a non-dress based costume but I remember reading that her Down Smash now has an "airwave" circle showing where the hitbox begins ... now I'm not sure how reliable the source is but if this is true then I imagine this opens up possibilities for alternate costumes for her. I'm not getting my hopes up and I wouldn't be too disappointed if she got no other costumes, but I would like to see Cat Peach... even if it's something like DLC... I mean, I like normal Peach better but I still think it's cute seeing her in her cat suit.

Also, I love her new up air... rainbows are so cute and pretty so I feel like it really suits her. I love the girliness of it all. I did like her old uair too, though...
I'm pretty sure Peach always had this little effect on the ground that kinda looked like a tornado when she did her down smash (you know that effect when characters spin and this little cyclone effect shows up to emphasise the spin?) I've seen down smash without the dress and it looks super weird.
You're right the rainbow suits her perfectly. I can't wait to destroy opponents with it.

EDIT: UGH that ******* Ben on twitter was a fraud. Zipzo saw no change in hairstyle for Peach when he cycled through her colours.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
EDIT: UGH that ******* Ben on twitter was a fraud. Zipzo saw no change in hairstyle for Peach when he cycled through her colours.
lmao I had a feeling that guy was full of **** after reading some of the things said

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
This new Uair had better be the dogs bol***** if Peach is receiving these nerfs. I'm not impressed that, by the sounds of things, Sakurai is stripping away Brawl Peach's most powerful tools.

The landing lag on Fair might be something we can get around but the nerf on Turnips sound very worrying. Zipzo stated that the pulling time is a LOT longer then it used to be (on my phone so can't drag up the quote very easily)

That's not even mentioning all the ATs related to Turnips appear to have vanished. Glide Tossing? Gone. Ledge pulls? Nope. Bone Walking and sliding pulls? Also probably gone

After all this time of having hardly any information on Peach and then finding she's had these pretty significant nerfs slapped on her...it's rather disappointing :/ she really needed heavy buffing, as opposed to getting nerfs, if she's going to keep up with the some of the new characters like Robin, Palutena, Shulk etc. and oldies like Bowser, Mario and ZSS (why she got buffed is beyond me but w/e)

At least F Smash cycles and Peach Bomber is faster (does anyone know if this is both grounded and aerial?)

This game cannot come out soon enough D:

Edit: an after thought - maybe the changes have been made to keep her shield pressure more in line with the new shield mechanics (I hear they break very easily compared to Brawl)

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
It seems like they don't care much about some characters like zss's zair gets no lag she also got a new design and alt costume while some character just get retextures. Maybe this is what happens when you only have 12 people balancing the game....

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Yeah...

I would have loved Boomerang Peach (sexiest power-up), but Fire Peach is good too! I'll probably stick with the pink and red one though, especially if the white outfit is as white as it was in Brawl (which means not very much).

MechaWave

Smash Champion
It seems like they don't care much about some characters like zss's zair gets no lag she also got a new design and alt costume while some character just get retextures. Maybe this is what happens when you only have 12 people balancing the game....
Apparently the tether thing isn't possible in the final build, but I don't remember who said that.

Also keep in mind, Zipzo strongly emphasized the game feels very different, as if every character truly was reworked from scratch. He also mentioned a few characters that play and feel differently, citing Peach about 3 times throughout that large thread. Though she may have loss some of her techs, objectively speaking, she hasn't changed that much as far as we know (new uair, more lag on fair, buff on peach bomber, dsmash like brawl, better double jump).

Peach has historically been a hard character development-wise. Sakurai stated this on the Dojo for her in Brawl, and again in the Direct for Smash 4 we could she that she was definitely nowhere near the level of completion of the other veterans; her screenshots did not hold on to her dress for the animations.

We simply need to play her ourselves.

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
This is what Kie said about Peach. I'm no professional translator but I did what I understood. Japanese use different terms for techs so it's a bit difficult.

- Two additional colors: black and fire
- Second jump height is increased. You can't float cancel.
- The lowest altitude [for floating] is like Melee. (don't understand the context too much)
- (Something about fair's landing lag being "bull****")
- Peach Parasol doesn't grab the ledge from behind. Grabbable if closed.
- Changed aerial. Releases a rainbow that hits multiple times and blows away at the end.
- Extended Peach Bomber distance, extremely fast
- New animations, they feel fluid
- I can confirm that you can pull Bob-ombs and Mr. Saturns
- I'm pretty sure I pulled a Ray Gun and Bullet Bill too
- In the practice stage, Stitchface did 29% and dotface did 18% (smash throws)
- Some things feel more Melee-ish in general
- Grabs overall haven't been changed much from Brawl?
- Dash attack has two timed hits
- Turnips don't cancel on the ledge
- I pulled bob-ombs 4 times, supposedly with items off. I need to verify, though
- Forward smash loops: racket → golf → frying pan → racket ...
A few things to add which Kie also states:

- You can only attack once during a float.
- The ribbon hasn't increased Usmash's hitbox.
- With the lowest altitude of floating, he means that you float slightly higher above the ground like you did in Melee. In Brawl, she would float lower to the ground, which means you could very effectively cancel dashes by floating and immediately canceling it. Apparently, this is out.
- Dsmash may have become even weaker. (Later however he says下スマはカスカスカス→微吹っ飛び?Is he implying the knockback may have got very slightly increased? I don't get this part)
- Dair's knockback feels increased
- Glide toss is out.
- Air Dodge seems improved

So yeah... it actually looks like she has even been nerfed a bit. The Fair thing is too bad, but the landing lag of aerials have been nerfed in general so that was expected. Pluck turnips being even slower (it wasn't even that fast to begin with) is definitely worrisome. Anyway, at early stages nerfs tend to get noticed quicker than buffs, so we may discover some buffs later on.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
- Dsmash may have become even weaker. (Later however he says下スマはカスカスカス→微吹っ飛び?Is he implying the knockback may have got very slightly increased? I don't get this part)
Not entirely sure. Zipzo said it sucks opponents in and then hits them outwards with the last hit, and since SDI is apparently near-nonexistent in Smash 4, it'll launch people with the last hit every time. I decided to assume he was saying Dsmash was like Brawl, and not Melee's power.

Thanks for some clarification. Like I said, not the best with technical translations.

She's had buffs and nerfs in small areas; it's hard to grasp if she truly was, in terms of metagame, buffed or nerfed. A lot of Peach's metagame in Brawl was developed around her odd techs (bonewalking and the like) so maybe she has some new ones to find.

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
Zip said something about tilts being good combo starts. I hope all of her tilts allow her to follow up while the opponent is still in hit stun.

Last edited:

shininimuss

Smash Apprentice
NNID
shininimus
"Can't attack out of second jump." what does that even mean?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
the dream is dead

micstar615

Smash Ace
Don't forget we also have custom moves to look forward to guys. She might have a better custom alternative for Turnip, Toad and Umbrella, the last 2 which have always been kind of bad. It seems to me the only real nerf she received is her turnip attack but she may have a better custom down B to replace it with. We'll have to wait till the game comes out but we can't play her like we did in Brawl, and I think that goes for most characters. Her potential is still unkown.

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
... are you guys following the thread? It's been confirmed that the person who said that was lying... O.o
No, the guy on twitter that was actually there confirmed that she has the fire alt with a ponytail.
Edit: wait what? Where and how was it confirmed?

Last edited:

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Don't forget we also have custom moves to look forward to guys. She might have a better custom alternative for Turnip, Toad and Umbrella, the last 2 which have always been kind of bad. It seems to me the only real nerf she received is her turnip attack but she may have a better custom down B to replace it with. We'll have to wait till the game comes out but we can't play her like we did in Brawl, and I think that goes for most characters. Her potential is still unkown.
You're right on that. I think the problem most are facing is that everyone (including for other characters) is that we are expecting the character to play just like Brawl or Melee. But I am very excited to try Peach and uncover all of her potential. I may still be iffy about her some of her changes. But, I will still play her and learn everything, and uncover her potential for this game.

Top Bottom