• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Reading this all was a roller coaster of emotions.

I'm still confused though as to how the ribbons don't improve the usmash hitbox, as it definitely did in one of the screenshots earlier in development.

:093:
Sounds like it simply extends her sour spot. Hope that's not the case.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Turnip play got nerfed, but is it still random faces with a chance for a stitch/saturn/beam sword/bomb?

Fsmash fixed order is very much Welcomed.

D

Deleted member

So now that the translation was wrong and Peach can still attack multiple times while floating, im not dropping her! That would have been a very bad nerf and im glad its not true! IM NOT DROPPING HER!

LucinaSuitSamus

Smash Cadet
Turnip play got nerfed, but is it still random faces with a chance for a stitch/saturn/beam sword/bomb?

I'm extremely glad there's a fixed order for her F-Smash now. Randomness never really bothered me until I realized that I (sometimes) I need a specific weapon to smash my opponents.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That's exactly why I like it now.

I needed Frying pan or Golf Club at specific situations in Brawl and Melee and it just never worked out.

D

Deleted member

That's exactly why I like it now.

I needed Frying pan or Golf Club at specific situations in Brawl and Melee and it just never worked out.
What about Tennis Racket? WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR TENNIS RACKET?! It can be awesome if you know how to land that one sweetspot that murders your opponent :demon:

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
What about Tennis Racket? WHERE'S THE LOVE FOR TENNIS RACKET?! It can be awesome if you know how to land that one sweetspot that murders your opponent :demon:
It'd be nice if the "awesome" racket could do that normally without the hard to hit sweet spot lol.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Sounds like it simply extends her sour spot. Hope that's not the case.
Here's the screenshot I referred to btw, if people haven't seen it.

Agreed. It seems they've done this with a lot of moves in the game now, much like how Dedede only throws Gordos now.

Last edited:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I don't think the turnip nerf will be too much of a problem for certain Peach players. Just have to use them more sparingly.
Still sorta worried about Fair lag and no float cancelling. If we have a buff in Peach's power it should even out though.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

Agreed. It seems they've done this with a lot of moves in the game now, much like how Dedede only throws Gordos now.

all of these pictures are on the first page of my post …

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I don't think the turnip nerf will be too much of a problem for certain Peach players. Just have to use them more sparingly.
Still sorta worried about Fair lag and no float cancelling. If we have a buff in Peach's power it should even out though.
The turnip nerf in speed is actually not so much of an issue since it affects the speed of pulling it out of the ground , not the thrown speed.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I made a gif of peach's updated jump
take into consideration this is from the smash direct back in march

D

Deleted member

When I look at this picture, I wonder this: Will Peach's Usmash have multiple hits? o: The ribbon spinning around could do multiple hits, pull the opponent into Peach's tip of her hand so they go flying.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
I made a gif of peach's updated jump
take into consideration this is from the smash direct back in march

Speaking of her second jump, do we have enough info that her second jump was improved from brawl? Keep hearing conflicting impressions...

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
Greetings, fellow Peach fans! Bonjour!

It happened. I finally decided to join Smash Boards to share my excitement with you! Every person on this thread helped. Zippo did too, I cannot deny this. x)

Looking at the numerous changes Peach got, it looks like her playstyle could change a lot, too.

- Turnips will need to be handled a lot more careful.
- Because of Forward-Air's landing lag, do you think spacing with Neutral-Air and Back-Air would be better option?
- Hard to believe, but Peach's Special Side-B could be used for approaching now!
- Is Peach's Up-Air this good, from what I heard? It could potentially be one of the best Up-Airs in the game.
- Peach's Down-Smash seems to have become similar to Pikachu's Down-Smash in Brawl (trapping opponents for dealing multiple hits before knocking them away). This is certainly a welcoming change from Brawl!
- There's one thing I would love to get informations on : Peach's Forward-Throw! It was an excellent kill move in Melee. What about it in SSB4?

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Speaking of her second jump, do we have enough info that her second jump was improved from brawl? Keep hearing conflicting impressions...
Sadly theres still NO recent info about this so i hope someone just post something about it soon!

But according to the footage that we saw during the direct , it was highly improved from Brawl , and looks like it has Melee levels so far ....

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Sadly theres still NO recent info about this so i hope someone just post something about it soon!

But according to the footage that we saw during the direct , it was highly improved from Brawl , and looks like it has Melee levels so far ....
I know but there's the slim possibility that could have been something customization related since it looks like it goes rather high.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼

It happened. I finally decided to join Smash Boards to share my excitement with you! Every person on this thread helped. Zippo did too, I cannot deny this. x)

Looking at the numerous changes Peach got, it looks like her playstyle could change a lot, too.

- Turnips will need to be handled a lot more careful.
- Because of Forward-Air's landing lag, do you think spacing with Neutral-Air and Back-Air would be better option?
- Hard to believe, but Peach's Special Side-B could be used for approaching now!
- Is Peach's Up-Air this good, from what I heard? It could potentially be one of the best Up-Airs in the game.
- Peach's Down-Smash seems to have become similar to Pikachu's Down-Smash in Brawl (trapping opponents for dealing multiple hits before knocking them away). This is certainly a welcoming change from Brawl!
- There's one thing I would love to get informations on : Peach's Forward-Throw! It was an excellent kill move in Melee. What about it in SSB4?
We basically know as much as you do lol. Everyone's in the dark regarding how she actually plays out at the moment.
However it's exciting to see someone excited to play as well! Welcome to the boards, we both share the same hopes for her!

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998

It happened. I finally decided to join Smash Boards to share my excitement with you!
hey hey, welcome ! thanks for joining us,
hope you like my peach thread !
i'm very happy about her new down smash capabilities !
i just wanna know what will happen when she tries to get a turnip in the air.

D

Deleted member

hey hey, welcome ! thanks for joining us,
hope you like my peach thread !
i'm very happy about her new down smash capabilities !
i just wanna know what will happen when she tries to get a turnip in the air.
If Peach can pull a Toad out of her dress while in mid air, im sure she can pull out a turnip from her dress too xD.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
Float turnip pulling lol. I hope peach's new down smash works like wario man's up smash. Would be great for it to actually be strong enough to ko again.

Zero Suit Dominic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterPeach
3DS FC
3883-6898-4363
I think the slow turnip pull nerf, MAY, (& I stretch may) be a reference to SMB2 as she was the slowest to pull things. Anyway, the whole heart attack thing, I wasn't aware of it until now I was cycling thru my emotions reading your posts!, I'm happy that you guys concluded that it was false! Also if the ribbon on Peach's up smash doesn't improve the hitbox and if the rainbow move gets nerfed, I may riot.:4peach:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
All I am gonna say is if they do some BS to Peach with hella nerfs, I'm still gonna main her. No matter how annoying and frustrating it is. Make her the worst character in the game. I'm still gonna use her. I have never giving up on my character no matter what BS was giving. And I am not about to start now. I'll just find answers to deal with them just like I did in 2008.

And when I do, I'm gonna go berserk beating the **** out of people as a way of saying to Sakurai screw you for what you did to my character and what you put me through to win . He is not gonna scare me out of my character. The hell with that. He must not now who the hell I am. I'm Dark.Pch. The only Peach player with no limits, and no exceptions.

I did not care much for smash 4 till Peach was announced. That was a message to me saying "I want you to play my game" So I took the offer. And if this is some kind of test to test my loyalty with my character, Sakurai........"Challenge accepted"

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
Thank you for your warm welcome, Illmatic and Peachy!

@ z00ted z00ted : I've seen many videos of you using Peach in SSBB. It's a pleasure to meet you. x)

@ im just peachy im just peachy : You truly did an excellent job with this SSB4 Peach Overview. Thank you for your contribution to the Smash community!

Guys, do not forget that Peach has unveiled Special moves. What replacements for Umbrella, Peach Bomber and Turnips could she possibly have?

- Umbrella was amazing in Melee. I love how Peach could fall like a brick when it was closed. Perfect for mindgames when recovering from the upper corners. However, if SSBB Umbrella returns, I might seriously consider her other options.
- SSB4 Peach Bomber seems highly satisfying so far!
- Could Peach be granted another projectile than Turnips as an alternative Down-Special?

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
Peach's Parasol in Melee was definitely better when it came to falling quicker, but when it came to height it wasn't good at all. Back then her recovery more so relied on her double jump than her up special, but in Brawl they switched it around. I'm not sure which one I'd prefer... honestly I'd like the best of both by just giving her more vertical distance and still allowing her to fall quickly while also gaining her old Melee double jump back, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace
All I am gonna say is if they do some BS to Peach with hella nerfs, I'm still gonna main her. No matter how annoying and frustrating it is. Make her the worst character in the game. I'm still gonna use her. I have never giving up on my character no matter what BS was giving. And I am not about to start now. I'll just find answers to deal with them just like I did in 2008.

And when I do, I'm gonna go berserk beating the **** out of people as a way of saying to Sakurai screw you for what you did to my character and what you put me through to win . He is not gonna scare me out of my character. The hell with that. He must not now who the hell I am. I'm Dark.Pch. The only Peach player with no limits, and no exceptions.

I did not care much for smash 4 till Peach was announced. That was a message to me saying "I want you to play my game" So I took the offer. And if this is some kind of test to test my loyalty with my character, Sakurai........"Challenge accepted"
This was basically me as a Zelda main during the transition from melee to brawl xD hopefully both the original princesses' will be better this time around :)

Last edited:

Zero Suit Dominic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterPeach
3DS FC
3883-6898-4363
I'd like the best of both by just giving her more vertical distance and still allowing her to fall quickly while also gaining her old Melee double jump back, but I guess I shouldn't hold my breath.
Yeah, I think her Parasol move in Brawl was to make up for such a nerfed double jump. I really want her double jump and a good recovery. ;_; But that's probably asking too much.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
- Could Peach be granted another projectile than Turnips as an alternative Down-Special?
She can randomly pull out bombs and beam swords far as I know. And I heard something about a bullet bill somewhere. Not sure how true that is.

This was basically me as a Zelda main during the transition from melee to brawl xD hopefully both the original princesses' will be better this time around :)
If my waifu is not, I'm not gonna break up the marriage. Sakurai is not gonna scare me. I don't like quitting things I started. I play smash for one thing. And not even the japanese are gonna scare me off my character. My mindset is NEVER gonna change.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
She can randomly pull out bombs and beam swords far as I know. And I heard something about a bullet bill somewhere. Not sure how true that is.

If my waifu is not, I'm not gonna break up the marriage. Sakurai is not gonna scare me. I don't like quitting things I started. I play smash for one thing. And not even the japanese are gonna scare me off my character. My mindset is NEVER gonna change.
Good for you , i have wanted Peach since SSB64 and she was my fav. character since i was like 4 lol
In 2001 i saw heaven♥
But anyway , i sticked to her in brawl and i'd stick to her till the end , but i'd also try Rosalina XD

Last edited:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm gonna try out Rosalina as well cause this is the closest thing to daisy. Never play another character before in smash a lot (competitive wise) So this will feel a lil strange to me. But my main focus will be my favorite white woman.

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
Oh, I am aware of that! I meant... every character in SSB4 has nine custom Special moves, including three for Down-Special (Turnips). I meant to say... Could her other two custom moves for Down-Special could be projectiles as well?

I also completely respect you for sticking up with Peach no matter how hard she could be nerfed. I plan to do the same. ; )

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
Maybe one of Peach's custom Down Specials could be she pulls turnips out as quickly as previous games and they're just not as powerful? Either every face does less damage or it only pulls out one of the weaker faces.

Zero Suit Dominic

Smash Cadet
NNID
MisterPeach
3DS FC
3883-6898-4363

I feel this way too. Peach has always been my go to girl in smash bros. She is my favorite mario character, heck even my favorite video game character of all time! And even if they nerf her. I will still want to play and main her. LONG LIVE PRINCESS PEACH.:peachmelee::peach::4peach:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Oh, I am aware of that! I meant... every character in SSB4 has nine custom Special moves, including three for Down-Special (Turnips). I meant to say... Could her other two custom moves for Down-Special could be projectiles as well?
I also completely respect you for sticking up with Peach no matter how hard she could be nerfed. I plan to do the same. ; )
That's what Uncle Peach is known for. A job I don't get paid for but love to do.

I feel this way too. Peach has always been my go to girl in smash bros. She is my favorite mario character, heck even my favorite video game character of all time! And even if they nerf her. I will still want to play and main her. LONG LIVE PRINCESS PEACH.:peachmelee::peach::4peach:
Glad to see faith has been restored in the kingdom. People over giving up and talking about quitting her if she gets hella nerfed.

Damm kids. Pissing me off......

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
Since Brawl I've been using Peach. Shoot I will even say that because of her I enjoyed Brawl so much. Playing as her showed me the potential I had with her in the game. Especially whenever I got complements on how I played her.

Regardless of what happens I will main her, whether she is good or bad. Along with ZSS (once more) and maybe another character.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
i think most of us have the same mindset as Dark.Pch, i mean i wouldn't have created
a thread like this if i didn't care about her in this game, you know ? most of us are excited
& will never drop her. nothing to prove, we all love playing as her and will kick a lot of butt.

nothing will change

Last edited:
Top Bottom