• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

˚ PEACH ˚ Updated! 9/6/2014

Which alternate would you like to see for Peach thats not Daisy ?

• Total voters

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
Gotta love hardcore Peach fans. <3 I'm sure Her Majesty would be very pleased to read all these loyalty posts. x)

Maybe one of Peach's custom Down Specials could be she pulls turnips out as quickly as previous games and they're just not as powerful? Either every face does less damage or it only pulls out one of the weaker faces.
Faster, but less powerful Turnips? This is a possiblity I would definitively not mind at all!

Ultra*HappyCharge

Smash Apprentice
As far with what we know about Peach, I'm really excited to play her especially that SSB43DS is my very first, official smash game that I could play. I'm gonna make them taste the rainbows~*

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Maybe one of Peach's custom Down Specials could be she pulls turnips out as quickly as previous games and they're just not as powerful? Either every face does less damage or it only pulls out one of the weaker faces.
If one of the unique alternate special moves we could have gotten was actually just a slightly different version of a move we already have now...

I would throw up.

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
I'd like for her alternate specials to be unique... possibly more based off of past games she's been in or maybe even Super Princess Peach (even though I still don't love the whole vibe thing... but I would love to see Perry again). I kind of doubt that the team would make up a bunch of new models and animations for alternate specials though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
I'd like for her alternate specials to be unique... possibly more based off of past games she's been in or maybe even Super Princess Peach (even though I still don't love the whole vibe thing... but I would love to see Perry again). I kind of doubt that the team would make up a bunch of new models and animations for alternate specials though, so I'm not getting my hopes up.
As long as it doesn't look Lazy , i'm happy♥

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
So happy to be here ...my first post

We need to know about the USmash range and knockback, and also knockback for the new UAir, i hope it is like the Zelda´s Brawl Utilt ...but thats a lot to wish XD

Any news about FThrow ? My body claims for mega royal slap again jeje

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886

We need to know about the USmash range and knockback, and also knockback for the new UAir, i hope it is like the Zelda´s Brawl Utilt ...but thats a lot to wish XD

Welcome!♥

Also , No , sadly there's no recent news about Peach slap thrown :( ; But i assume it will stay in Brawl levels since it was to OP in Melee for just being a thrown , but who knows? :)

So Peach got her turnip speed nerfed?? Wth?? With this and the lack of glide toss this sounds like turnip camping lost all effectiveness.

It's just the start up speed ; the thrown Speed isn't affected i believe .

Last edited:

micstar615

Smash Ace

Welcome :) ppl are saying her new UAir is apparently really good, but I can't say for sure if it's true. Hopefully it's a good kill move, our girl could definitely use more kill moves.

Last edited:

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
I hope so...last gen i lived so frustrated for not being able to kill fast King Fu****** DDD, Snake and others chars XD

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
you called ?
Very nicely done! I look forward to playing with her once more
thank you hinata hyuga ! thanks for looking around.
hey ! welcome ! and it's an honor to have your first post in my thead ! thanks for checking it out, it means a lot !
New Up-Air was said to be a multiple hit attack, and then having a final hit that blasts people away,
& about the Forward-Throw, nothing has been confirmed, but i think i heard somewhere her throws didn't change much from brawl.

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
Aaaaah no I think I see what he means! So basically what happened is:

I found that site that lists the changes and I discovered that it's a discussion between a few people.

One of them interpreted the change as "only one attack per float".
The other one, however, interpreted it as "double hit aerials are gone". He means the stuff where you float a Nair or Bair and cancel your float which causes Nair/Bair to hit twice and do more damage.

I'm actually 95% sure Kie means the second one. No worries guys, Peach is still alive! Sorry if I gave you heart attacks and all, this change was a bit hard to understand.

So yeah, in conclusion the change (very likely) is:

- Double Nair/Bair hit is gone.

My apologies for any shocks I could have caused.
Lol yeah, I couldn't figure this out either. He had to be so vague.

- Turnips will need to be handled a lot more careful.
- Because of Forward-Air's landing lag, do you think spacing with Neutral-Air and Back-Air would be better option?
- Hard to believe, but Peach's Special Side-B could be used for approaching now!
- Is Peach's Up-Air this good, from what I heard? It could potentially be one of the best Up-Airs in the game.
- Peach's Down-Smash seems to have become similar to Pikachu's Down-Smash in Brawl (trapping opponents for dealing multiple hits before knocking them away). This is certainly a welcoming change from Brawl!
- There's one thing I would love to get informations on : Peach's Forward-Throw! It was an excellent kill move in Melee. What about it in SSB4?
Zipzo said, generally, stronger aerial moves get landing lag while the others get virtually no landing lag. This makes sense considering Fair's power and usefulness, so it's probably best to use Nair or Bair, and we'll need to see about Uair.

About her forward throw: Kie said her grabs haven't changed much from Brawl (however, he wasn't too sure about this!). So truthfully, we don't know anything about her throws.

She can randomly pull out bombs and beam swords far as I know. And I heard something about a bullet bill somewhere. Not sure how true that is.
Kie said he pulled Ray Guns and Bullet Bills, and I know I did not translate this incorrectly. However, he said it needs more testing with items on/off -- normally most of the 3DS machines there had items off (amazing, right?) but some people could tinker with the settings if they were sneaky.

I will continue to see if Kie talks about Peach, and maybe check those 2ch posts but since there's so many it gets tiring to read it all. I try my best, I want to know about my main! :4peach: I wish I could test her throughly with a Japanese 3DS but I don't have one, we'll have to hope the people that get it will test her a bit.

As for her turnips: maybe there's a reason it was changed? Maybe Sakurai changed the odds of pulling certain turnip faces? Maybe new strengths? It's really hard to tell.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Lol yeah, I couldn't figure this out either. He had to be so vague.

Zipzo said, generally, stronger aerial moves get landing lag while the others get virtually no landing lag. This makes sense considering Fair's power and usefulness, so it's probably best to use Nair or Bair, and we'll need to see about Uair.

About her forward throw: Kie said her grabs haven't changed much from Brawl (however, he wasn't too sure about this!). So truthfully, we don't know anything about her throws.

Kie said he pulled Ray Guns and Bullet Bills, and I know I did not translate this incorrectly. However, he said it needs more testing with items on/off -- normally most of the 3DS machines there had items off (amazing, right?) but some people could tinker with the settings if they were sneaky.

I will continue to see if Kie talks about Peach, and maybe check those 2ch posts but since there's so many it gets tiring to read it all. I try my best, I want to know about my main! :4peach: I wish I could test her throughly with a Japanese 3DS but I don't have one, we'll have to hope the people that get it will test her a bit.

As for her turnips: maybe there's a reason it was changed? Maybe Sakurai changed the odds of pulling certain turnip faces? Maybe new strengths? It's really hard to tell.
my friend is actually getting a japanese 3ds xl just to play smash earlier
i'll be playing the day of release in japan, (he'll be downloading it through the eShop)
thanks for all your support kagome - this is why i made this entire thread, to see how many people are so excited for peach.
i really like your signature by the ways.

MechaWave

Smash Champion
i'll be playing the day of release in japan, (he'll be downloading it through the eShop)
thanks for all your support kagome - this is why i made this entire thread, to see how many people are so excited for peach.
Oh, that's great. can't wait.
Lol, thanks. My signature is just who I plan to play the most (no real order; ofc, Peach takes the #1 spot) — it's just a coincidence they're all female fighters.

Last edited:

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
Yes i called ♥

I was gonna ask you something related to this!
Would you find a way to get more info about Peach? please!:4peach:

And as a personal request, would you do the same for Rosalina ? :rosalina: PLEASE! I need to know about her voice in this game and about her Costumes and movesets , please! :(

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Oh, that's great. can't wait.
Lol, thanks. My signature is just who I plan to play the most (no real order; ofc, Peach takes the #1 spot) — it's just a coincidence they're all female fighters.
i didn't mean to sound annoying - just wanted to say i knew someone
who was willing to buy an entire 3ds system to play smash early ! insane !
i like your main list ! i don't really like rosalina, (I'm one of those people that prefer Daisy)
but i plan on using all those on your list too ! can't get over palutena's inclusion. i've seen her trailer like 100 times !

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
That's awesome. Since you will get it on release day. Can you post everything you can about our lovely Princess?

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Yes i called ♥

I was gonna ask you something related to this!
Would you find a way to get more info about Peach? please!:4peach:
And as a personal request, would you do the same for Rosalina ? :rosalina: PLEASE! I need to know about her voice in this game and about her Costumes and movesets , please! :(
i would really love to, but I'm swamped with college work now that my semester started. i'll keep updating and posting as much as possible, but i can't just ignore school as much as i'd like to.
as for rosalina, i don't really dig her too much, again, I'm one of those people that got upset at her inclusion because i would have preferred daisy. if you want more on rosalina's voice, i heard a lot of her voice in the uh… gameplay videos .. let me get you a link to that ! just max out the volume & you can hear her when she gets hit or when she hits someone. ((
here ! click ))
That's awesome. Since you will get it on release day. Can you post everything you can about our lovely Princess?

it'll be an honor :4peach:

Last edited:

MechaWave

Smash Champion
i didn't mean to sound annoying - just wanted to say i knew someone
who was willing to buy an entire 3ds system to play smash early ! insane !
i like your main list ! i don't really like rosalina, (I'm one of those people that prefer Daisy)
but i plan on using all those on your list too ! can't get over palutena's inclusion. i've seen her trailer like 100 times !
Lol, no problem, I was actually glad you said that so someone could test our favorite princess.
Ah, I see. I don't mind Rosalina's inclusion, though I also wasn't rooting for her either. I just want to see how she plays.
I really like Palutena too though I don't plan to main her. x)

Swiftie_Muggle

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4854-6887-9886
i would really love to, but I'm swamped with college work now that my semester started. i'll keep updating and posting as much as possible, but i can't just ignore school as much as i'd like to.
as for rosalina, i don't really dig her too much, again, I'm one of those people that got upset at her inclusion because i would have preferred daisy. if you want more on rosalina's voice, i heard a lot of her voice in the uh… gameplay videos .. let me get you a link to that ! just max out the volume & you can hear her when she gets hit or when she hits someone. ((
here ! click ))

it'll be an honor :4peach:
Well , i understand. Also those videos are old , and Rosalina's voice is set to change in the release since the demo's have her previous voice actor.

Well then , i'll find what i need in another place , another time.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Well , i understand. Also those videos are old , and Rosalina's voice is set to change in the release since the demo's have her previous voice actor.

Well then , i'll find what i need in another place , another time.
oh really ? so her voice from the E3 demo is going to change for the final product ? i didn't know that !

ZeroBlindDragon

Smash Apprentice
I see I'm not the only registering on Smash Boards thanks to this topic. Welcome aboard!

Really? This is amazing! I'm glad we'll be able to get detailed informations about Peach during the japanese release of the game! I'll take a close look to this thread for any update regarding her smashes, aerials, throws and (custom) specials. Thank you for saving us, Peachy! This time, we won't be in another castle!

Red Wolf

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4527-8509-1299
I cant wait to use peachy!!! She is my all time favorite nintendo character!! My younger loves her to but refuses to let me pick her when she is using peach grrr...so sheik, peach, charizard, greninja and wii fit trainer to mess with...hopefully dixie kong or mewtwo!!!!

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
- Hard to believe, but Peach's Special Side-B could be used for approaching now!
- There's one thing I would love to get informations on : Peach's Forward-Throw! It was an excellent kill move in Melee. What about it in SSB4?
Her side B has indeed had its start-up fixed, but we don't know anything about its ending lag yet. Tbh I think the endling lag was a way bigger problem than the start-up because it's so incredibly unsafe.In Brawl it didn't even hit shield and she would just sit there for a million frames as if she was waiting for someone to hit her with a baseball bat.

I was also hoping for a stronger Fthrow and I am guessing Kie was too since he has tested her throws. Sadly, he concluded that they seemed unchanged from Brawl which means her ***** slap is still kind of ****ty.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I was also hoping for a stronger Fthrow and I am guessing Kie was too since he has tested her throws. Sadly, he concluded that they seemed unchanged from Brawl which means her ***** slap is still kind of ****ty.
potty mouth rachel alucard !

BlueGardevoir

Smash Rookie
God blessed us all peach mainers with her float ability ...Fair lag doesnt have to be a big problem ...and also I THINK a peach mainer should test the Fair to clarify about that lag ...we all know in brawl fair has horrible lag if you dont space it well ...but if you do you can also land the ground and make 1 or 2 jabs to make shield pressure :9

(My english is not god ..sorry if I cannot explain myself well jajaja)

Mandikiri

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mandikiri
God blessed us all peach mainers with her float ability ...Fair lag doesnt have to be a big problem ...and also I THINK a peach mainer should test the Fair to clarify about that lag ...we all know in brawl fair has horrible lag if you dont space it well ...but if you do you can also land the ground and make 1 or 2 jabs to make shield pressure :9

(My english is not god ..sorry if I cannot explain myself well jajaja)
Exactly haha. I remember when I was able to cancel the lag on Fair (which I think it will be the same here, using that method). Sometimes I had people telling me (is that L-cancelling?). xD

Well I am just excited to be able to use her. I will have to wait till October but with Peachy here trying the JPN version. I will be able to know how she plays from the perspective Peach user.

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
Reading all these pages tho. My emotions, lol.
I didn't care about the nerfs until the whole one aerial per float thing popped up. Thankfully (hopefully) it isn't true. It's just one of those things where we won't know what was changed for better or worse until we get our hands on the game. So I'm still optimistic about it all.

I just hope Peach Bomber hits shields this time around.

Also, the update is nice Peachy. Let me know if you need anything regarding extra posts for space and such.

Last edited:
NNID
Tofer_Magicant
Gemmy is going the Mod for this again?

aww yeah, I expect peach rewards at the end of every year.

Also, some super crucial information.
Like, life changing information.

Does Fire Dress peach have a ponytil?
I need to know this.

Last edited:

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
I didn't care about the nerfs until the whole one aerial per float thing popped up. Thankfully (hopefully) it isn't true. It's just one of those things where we won't know what was changed for better or worse until we get our hands on the game. So I'm still optimistic about it all.

Also, the update is nice Peachy. Let me know if you need anything regarding extra posts for space and such.
You're so nice ! Thank you Chansey
I agree with both things you stated, the nerfs weren't devastating at first, but then I read the..
One attack per float and I had a meltdown and started sweating lmao !
I also agree about the peach bomber hitting shields, before, it would just go through shields leaving peach vulnerable.
I will be playing the day of release, but I'm sure people will be posting videos of peach on YouTube the day or release as well !
Also, my name is ej lol

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
Are you streaming peach?
I'm not ! My friend is just bringing it to my college campus so I can play for a few hours.
I'll probably be playing mainly peach, but I'll also be testing Zelda, zero suit samus, palutena, and a few others. If any of those interest you.

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord

Please be misinformation.

I'm....I'm gonna faint.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483

Please be misinformation.

I'm....I'm gonna faint.
Kie said it might be referring to an AT where during a float you could use an N-Air or B-Air and let of od the float which then lets you hit twice the damage due canceilng the attack. I highly suspect it being so.

Last edited:
Top Bottom