• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
Bubbleman_Nsider said:
You aren't the only one, I haven't gotten to go to any tourney or fest either.
The ones I've been to have been quite crappy, this is probably the first time I will play against tough smashers. I'm loving it.

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
By the way, those looking for videos of the Isabela tourney, Marx uploaded a few he got on tape. Not the finals, but hey, anything's better than nothing.

Warning to Dial-uppers, these things are like, 30 megs big.

The first three are ATH and me in a Ditto-battle to see who gets to third place, and the next two are Uriel Vinellus *****-slapping me around to take third place. I played even more Emo than the Bosnian Falco... (Sad part is, I beat him in a friendly before that)

I believe all the others are from Smashfests held at Eddie's (not me, I'm Eddy) house, so enjoy!

http://home.coqui.net/oarroyo1/smash/

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
Gravekeeper said:
By the way, those looking for videos of the Isabela tourney, Marx uploaded a few he got on tape. Not the finals, but hey, anything's better than nothing.

Warning to Dial-uppers, these things are like, 30 megs big.

The first three are ATH and me in a Ditto-battle to see who gets to third place, and the next two are Uriel Vinellus *****-slapping me around to take third place. I played even more Emo than the Bosnian Falco... (Sad part is, I beat him in a friendly before that)

I believe all the others are from Smashfests held at Eddie's (not me, I'm Eddy) house, so enjoy!

http://home.coqui.net/oarroyo1/smash/
if you want i can host it on google, but i need to know if anyone has cable/dsl connection. if no one has it then there is no point in hosting.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Dojima said:
Whats up with you and MySpace?

OMG!!!!!!!! ROFL Best reply evar!! :D :laugh:

I cant wait for the matches too. I want to see again HDL recovery from sure death. I dont want to see mines thou >.>

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
WIPE$$$ said:
if you want i can host it on google, but i need to know if anyone has cable/dsl connection. if no one has it then there is no point in hosting.
That site ewas created for those videos don't host them in Google or anything. Just download them from there.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Uriel Vinellus said:
Loli? Are you crazy? They like it when Falcos pillar Foxes and when Lord HDL does the Bomb recovery in his doom.
You got me wrong lol. I meant chaingrabs not as in smash but as in you with a loliiii...... you know.(doble sentido) grabbing :chuckle:

.....later

(perv post)

EDIT: And I AM crazy.....krazyzyko!
LOLI's also like Fox shining phantasms;)

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Hay guys, Im just here to inform everyone that the map is SLIGHTLY wrong in the sense that it will not take you to the EXACT tournament local (actually its the place of the dude that reserved the local for us). However once you arrive at the street "Ramos Antonini" and dont take the left to calle "Caparra". Just keep going foward and you'll find the local....

Why Im not fixing the bad map? Well, Ramos Antonini doesn't appear unless I zoom in too much and you cannot ubicate yourself with the map.

Get ready people, RUM & Smash 2 is just around the corner.

PS. People please tell me before hand if you want your matches arranged or atleast people that you smash with so I can seed you accordingly. Later

Boricua316

Smash Apprentice
maximuspita said:
Hay guys, Im just here to inform everyone that the map is SLIGHTLY wrong in the sense that it will not take you to the EXACT tournament local (actually its the place of the dude that reserved the local for us). However once you arrive at the street "Ramos Antonini" and dont take the left to calle "Caparra". Just keep going foward and you'll find the local....

Why Im not fixing the bad map? Well, Ramos Antonini doesn't appear unless I zoom in too much and you cannot ubicate yourself with the map.

PS. People please tell me before hand if you want your matches arranged or atleast people that you smash with so I can seed you accordingly. Later

Where do i find the map aniways??

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Tournament is over at saturday, if I had a faster net connection, I would upload a video of me and bro. fighting, but oh well. Good Luck all.

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
Boricua316 said:
Where do i find the map aniways??
Just check a few pages back this thread and you'll surely find it.

Well. 3 days until the tournament and my doubles partner caught a cold. :mad: I doubt any of you guys are in need of a partner? If so tell me, I'm all ears, erm eyes.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Yo, I have some fast news, is there any Isabellian smasher living near an area called "bejucos"?
My aunt lives there, so I could grab a ride someday and play someone.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Thanks Kmahhl, by the way, I'm looking for Isabella smashers, since my aunt bought a house there and I possibly be able to get there some day and play any smasher in the area.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
maximuspita said:

I fight against Armando, Jandro, Joe%, Gravekeeper, Eddy ( Shiek user). I don't mind fighting everybody else.

vxg_gizmo

Smash Rookie
Hello Puerto Ricans

I'm Rolando, aka vxg-gizmo, From St. Maarten. (say san martin in spanish). Some of you might not know of the island, but its about 30 minutes away from Puerto Rico by plane. I go to your country almost 4 times a year and i really love it (i LOVE Adjuntas! :)).

I am the chief coordinator of a Intra-Caribbean championship called "Video X Games" (VxG), whcih is sanctioned by many gaming associations around the caribbean and also around the world, such as the World Cyber games and EVO Fighting Championship. Our Tournament is held every summer in July, the second week. We give away over $10.000 in prizes each year, and we will give away even more this summer! Winners also get to travel all around the Caribbean and even to the US to compete in other tournaments, whcih is paid for by our organization. Our main aim is to get the best players from the Caribbean well known around the world.

We have had puerto ricans come to our competitions before, and we notice that you guys have incredible gaming talent. Felix Davilla Lopez and Michael Roman of PR are reigning VxG champions in Soul Calibur! Now i am looking to recruit more gamers from your island in other games, seeind that the talent is so high over there! Smash Brothers is the Second Biggest GAME in our tournament, but we have never had anyone from Puerto Rico Represent. I hope to change that this year.

You guys are probably very busy getting ready for your big smash tourney in the next few days. I wish you all the best of luck. When you get some time, please visit our website where you can find out more about our Tournament - www.vxg2k6.com. I will be back in these forums regularly from now on, so if you have any questions let me know.

You can also email us at info@vxg2k6.com.

By the way, is there a website where i can see the results of the Rum and Smash competition? Thanks guys! Good luck again!

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
vxg_gizmo said:
Hello Puerto Ricans

I'm Rolando, aka vxg-gizmo, From St. Maarten. (say san martin in spanish). Some of you might not know of the island, but its about 30 minutes away from Puerto Rico by plane. I go to your country almost 4 times a year and i really love it (i LOVE Adjuntas! :)).

I am the chief coordinator of a Intra-Caribbean championship called "Video X Games" (VxG), whcih is sanctioned by many gaming associations around the caribbean and also around the world, such as the World Cyber games and EVO Fighting Championship. Our Tournament is held every summer in July, the second week. We give away over $10.000 in prizes each year, and we will give away even more this summer! Winners also get to travel all around the Caribbean and even to the US to compete in other tournaments, whcih is paid for by our organization. Our main aim is to get the best players from the Caribbean well known around the world.

We have had puerto ricans come to our competitions before, and we notice that you guys have incredible gaming talent. Felix Davilla Lopez and Michael Roman of PR are reigning VxG champions in Soul Calibur! Now i am looking to recruit more gamers from your island in other games, seeind that the talent is so high over there! Smash Brothers is the Second Biggest GAME in our tournament, but we have never had anyone from Puerto Rico Represent. I hope to change that this year.

You guys are probably very busy getting ready for your big smash tourney in the next few days. I wish you all the best of luck. When you get some time, please visit our website where you can find out more about our Tournament - www.vxg2k6.com. I will be back in these forums regularly from now on, so if you have any questions let me know.

By the way, is there a website where i can see the results of the Rum and Smash competition? Thanks guys! Good luck again!
Sir, you just caught my attention.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Max here: And mine too. Those two that he mentioned are better know as Goddess and Sess from soulcalibur.com respectively.

The map can be found in the thread I made for R&S2 info. It's right here on this board so search for it. Carlos I need to speak to you ( I need to know if you can give a friend of mine a ride from area metro).

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
vxg_gizmo said:
Hello Puerto Ricans

Represent PR? Now that's interesting. Do log back and give more info on it, I'm game.

vxg_gizmo

Smash Rookie
Thanks for your interest. Indeed, the competition follows a kind of "National Championship" Format. We try to put a lot of the focus on team-based national competitions. Nevertheless, the individual competitions are also extremely exciting, especially how we show them on our ultra sharp projectors around the conference center. It's a really fun experience... i have so much fun organizing it, i can imagine its even more fun competing!

After checking out our website (www.vxg2k6.com) and evaluating whether you would like to come, you can send us a Pre-Regsitration (http://www.vxg2k6.com/preregistrationform.htm) form at our site, whcih will allow us to get more specific information to you about travel and accomodation. The more of you that fill out the form, the more forms we can take to the companies when we negotiate good prices for you, so don't hesitate to fill it out! There are no obligations.

I will be in Puerto Rico scouting players in APril 23rd to APril 25th, and also on June 15th to June 18th. We visit the major arcades around your island scouting the talent, whcih is how we came across many of our previous Puerto Rican Contestants (You guys have some wicked dance-revolution players too!). If any of you would like to meet with us during that time, just hit me an email (info@vxg2k6.com) or if you have any other q's.

I will be back here from time to time, so you can also discuss it among eachother and i'll make any clarifiications if necessary.

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
I checked the site. Pretty cool stuff there, I probably will fill that Pre-regsitration, sometime anyway. Oh by the way, nice pic Dojima.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
I don't think I'll be able to give anybody transportation because I'm going with a friend and it's full. About the VXG I would like to join in that shiznit. I have to warn you though you won't find smashers in arcades unless your lucky. Maybe if you show up at a tournament.

vxg_gizmo

Smash Rookie
Thanks uriel... i'm glad we finally got some puerto rican smashers! I know about teh arcades... but the only place i know to find gamers would be arcades. When i come to Puerto Rico though, maybe the smasher could meet us in the arcade, just so for the heck of it :)

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
WHOA! It's been weeks since I posted here. Anyways, yeah R&S2 is just around the corner. For now, I am going along with Pope. That sh!+ gon' be tight, ya'll. Hope to see that place full. -Dr Nigz, out.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
VXG; I'm game!

Y'ALL; AXEL NEEDS A RIDE! (...me)

I'll be in ToaAlta these days, and I really want to go to this tourney.
If anyone can help this poor zyko please contact me at (787)407-4223 or at: 1-800-PON-ZYKO

.......later

Dojima

Smash Ace

OK guys, the bad news, THE T-SHIRTS WILL NOT BE IN PINK, sadly they don't have pink and we have chosen grey instead. It has been confirmed that the price will be 10$ and I need feed back now, the order will be placed tomorrow at 10am. I need the feed back at least for tomorrow at 9am. Post if you want it and your size.
Price 10$
Color grey.

Top Bottom