• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
EDIT!! 4/16/2014

Hello everyone this is Excel_Zero. Welcome to the Smashboards Puerto Rican page. We are not very active in this forum nowadays since most of us are on Facebook, but feel free to post here anytime you want. Like/follow/subscribe to the following pages for all the lastest news, info and videos on the Smash scene in Puerto Rico:

Facebook: www.facebook.com/smashpr
Twitter: https://twitter.com/SmashPR
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/SmashPuertoRico
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/smashpr

Last edited:

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Except for wondering why you choose to make your post look like you running DOS, I'll tell you to find the smash finder thread. If there's no-one in your neighbourhood in there, you'll have to find people yourself. ;)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Finally I found someone from PR listen everyone I am also looking for tournaments in PR
I have not found any tournaments either but if anybody thinks is hardcore (like me) and dares to challenge me feel free to send me an email or a message.

LOOKING FOR TOUGH SMASHERS IN PUERTO RICO SO WE CAN ALL GATHER UP A TOURNAMENT OURSELVES FOR A $ PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!

PUERTORICANS.... POST RIGHT HERE!!!!!

.....later

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
I'm a hardcore smasher from Puerto Rico (myself and my best friend). I have played against Lord HDL actually.. and he pwned me good, he was the reason I went from regular smasher to hardcore smasher hehe (haven't played him since to find out how much I have improved). Anyways I live in Aguadilla, usually go to Mayaguez to the Colegio once a week or two for some smash friendlies. If you want my MSN or something let me know and I'll send it via PM.

RaptorHawk

Smash Ace
lol Glad to see there are some Puerto Ricans that play this game Competitively. I might come down for the Holidays and if I do Ill make sure to give a heads up that Im coming to see if we could get some smashing going on. Oh and Id most likely be stayin in Aguada since thats where most my family is.

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Sweet RaptorHawk, if you ever drop by PR send me a PM. We have competitive Smash/Halo 2 parties every friday at our house and smash fests every tuesday at college.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
YAY PUERTORRICANS HERE PRAISE THE LORD HALLELLUJAH!!!

Yay I'm so glad!!! How about a big tournamente somewhere? We could also have other games such as Star Fox Assault, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle and many others. How nice! That gives me an idea... I think I'll make an MSN or Yahoo! Group about this. Anyone interested let me know with a PM. The only general prerequisite is that you MUST be from Puerto Rico. Otherwise, anyone's welcome!

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
As I said before, a bunch of us Smashers live in Bayamon and San Juan, and we're anxious to have a tourney, but not so anxious about having to drive three hours to the other side of the island (It's exhausting and expensive on the wallet ^^;), so It'd be awesome if we could agree on a more centralized location between the two, instead of one group having to drive all the way to the other group's...

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I agree with that. But as you read this I will be making an MSN Group where all of the 'boricua' (folk word for puertorrican) smashers will decide this and a lot more. I will post another message here and/or PM some of the members who have posted in this thread in order to make promotion for it. Quedense en sintonia. (Stay tuned!)

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Attention all puertorrican smashers!

Attention all puertorrican smashers. In order to connect puertorrican smashers easily I have opened an MSN group dedicated only to Smash Bros. Melee in Puerto Rico. If you would like to join the group I AM BEGGING YOU, PLEASE PM ME BEFORE DOING SO. The group is private: Before you can do anything I must approve membership. I apologize for anything 'odd' that occurs in the place: I am still getting used to MSN Groups because I only used it before once. The URL is here. Again, before joining you MUST PM me. Otherwise, membership WILL be rejected. The exceptions to the rule are those that are not in this forum. Click on the URL below here to access the group. Thank you for understanding me.

http://groups.msn.com/BoricuaSmashers

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
HOLA BORICUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I live in Bayamon (any tough smashers there or close?)

I would love to go to Mayaguez and SMASH but its very far away.
Anyways if you are changing locations or know about smashfests closer by send me a message
but please I want to fight other smashers like wolf,lord hdl,gravekeeper(you live close to me)

game maniac and his lil'brother are good smashers and they are my cousins and neighbors.
I KNOW SOME TOUGH SMASHERS from my school in santurce "La Central High de Artes Visuales"
(I am way tougher than my friends but please...)

PLEASE ORGANIZE A TOURNAMENT IN THE MOST AVAILABLE AREA IN PUERTO RICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

send me messages , keep posting and let's make a calendar for tournaments.
COME ON LET'S DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh: :) ;) :chuckle: :psycho: :lick: :p .....later

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Yes I agree. And calm down, or else the mods will get mad. Anyways, the group is done, the thread is "Attention all puertorrican smashers!" and is in this same sub-forum.

But... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE I AM BEGGING YOU DO IT CLOSE TO LARES I CAN'T WASTE 50 BUCKS FOR GAS!!! POR FAVOR HAGANLO EN EL CUTA O CERCA Y EN UNA FECHA ACCESIBLE POR FAVOR!!!

...Please forgive us, international readers: We're talking Spanish, and puertorrican at that, lol.

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
Bayamon smashing

Hey all-

Wolf E, I know what boricua is, I'm quisqueyano myself ya know ^ ^

krazyzyko, there's around four Smashers, including myself, in the Bayamon area (that I personally know). If ya want, we can meet up so I can sic this great Fox player I know at ya ^ ^

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Gravekeeper said:
Hey all-

krazyzyko, there's around four Smashers, including myself, in the Bayamon area (that I personally know). If ya want, we can meet up so I can sic this great Fox player I know at ya ^ ^
Yes gravekeeper let's do it! send me a private message so we could exchange celphone#s. So we could meet, I study in the CENTRAL HIGH OF ARTES VISUALES (do you know about it?). Remember,....................BRING IT.(I know about three or 4 tough opponents that are accesible.) But I am still the toughest.

you can trust me about the phone #s I'm not a psycho.

..................later :psycho:

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Gravekeeper said:
Hey all-

Yes, I agree I also know around 4 tough smashers myself.(I'm the toughest in my group anyways)
I will love to also fight Lord hdl. I don't know him yet but he is very popular between you guys so that means he plays great! I'm from bayamon if you want to contact me send me a pm or call me.

........later :chuckle:

aw... FUDGE! I double posted........again.(sorry!)

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Don't forget me, I live in Aguadilla.. I can travel to Mayaguez/Hatillo.. between the two.

Last I saw Lord HDL he was taking names, but that was then.. he could shuffle, l-cancel, etc. consistently, we couldn't even begin to. Now we can shuffle, WD, SWD, Shinespike, chaingrab, etc. but we haven't played him since to see how we compare. Oh well.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
It’s a good thing I decided to take a quick look in this forum. Anyone who wants to know about the tournament/competitive scene in PR would do well to speak to me on AIM. Speak to me at Lord HDL and I’ll fill you in on anything you might want to know. Currently we have some plans for a tournament that we’re preparing to run later on, but we still need to speak to various people about a number of things. The last one we were going to do wasn’t able to take off due to various unfortunate circumstances, but this time around it seems as though we have more support and the resources to get it off the ground. I believe I’ll keep an eye on this thread from now on.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Hi I am from guayama but currently in mayaguez. Please, everyone tell me how many I can count on for a get together. I have connections with Xyhthyx and his crew and a few from Utuado plus the guys I play in mayaguez so I can pretty much get everybody from the west organized. I'll be checking this thread frequently.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Hello

Hi dudes, I'm from bayamon too. I'm not that good of a player (maybe I'm too modest) but it's been half a year since I learned to wavedash and to apply it on certain circumstances. I don't have much competition, just a friend of mine and my brother, and I think it'll be fun to get owned without having to use handicap or some of the characters I don't know how too use effectively. I'm learning some technics with luigi lately because his wavedash is great and I've been applying them to some other characters (samus, falco and mario).

I live in minillas anyway........anyone heard of monte frio?

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
People, Maximus and I have been getting swelling support lately, but it’s not over yet. There are still things we need to know. We need you to give this information:

-Your location
-Whether or not you’re attending
-If you’re capable of contributing TVs/cubes/VCRs/copies of smash
-If a Saturday in October is a good time for you to attend
-How many other people you know (roughly) that will also be attending

Give us this information as it will help things go a lot smoother and we’ll be able to hold the tournament earlier if we have all of it. There’s a chance that we’ll have a big turn-out but only if we have the support for it. It’s imperative that we get plenty of contributions as we need TVs/cubes/VCRs/copies of smash in order to run this thing, so we implore you to do everything in your power to supply these things. If we have all of this then we can get a set date which will benefit everyone.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Hi, I am posting this to inform everybody that it is very important that everyone sends in their info. I am planning to make a tournament around November but it has been pointed out to me that it will be a busy month for everyone so we will try to have it October. In order for this to happen I'm going to need everyone's help. I already spoke to most of the west and Guayama and they are all excited.

Again we want for this to happen but we are going to need your help.

News:
Utuado and Aguadilla have told me that they can contribute TV's and Cubes for the tournament, but that is still not enough. Please post here or pm if you can contribute with anything.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Hi. Im Edgar from San Sebastian. I know maximuspita and HDL. I have played with HDL, maximuspita and the ones from aguadilla and many other smash players in Colegio de Mayaguez (currently studying there). My character is Peach.

@ the tournament: I can help with it bring a TV, a Gamecube, a SSBM game disc and two controllers. I will be participating in it.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Once I get word from Maximus about who’s contributing from the west I’ll probably post the list we have so far. Right now we have a decent number of TVs, cubes, VCRs, and copies of smash that people from the east are willing to bring (from the few I’ve been able to contact so far). If this pace keeps up there will not only be plenty of time for both a singles and team tournament but also a mess of TVs people can use just for friendlies before, during, and after the tournament ends. I understand that not all of you check SWF everyday but if you read this please try and give us as much information as you can as soon as possible.

Edgar it’s good to see you here. Thanks for being able to contribute. It really does help a lot.

yamnobody

Smash Rookie
Hi guys... Me and Gravekeeper have been talking with some stores for sponsoring and promotion... To get more people to go to tourament we've talked with Compusa and Gamestop... maybe they can give a bonus to the winners so lets see if we get a place to put all the people that will atend and plus (just in case)... I studdy in bayamon (el colegio chinchorro de aca), and I will check if it can be done down here too

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
Hey. Sorry I didn't get to this before, we're currently moving of house and the line was disconnected, but thanks to college I'm temporarily back. Anyways, I have read and gotten updated with this thread and I think it's an excellent idea. I wish I could contribute with cubes and stuff but unfortunately I'm poor. This is our fate. DAMMIT!!!

Anyways, the least I can do is link Puertorrican smashers with the MSN Group I made specifically for that. I'll give the URL again just in case.

http://groups.msn.com/BoricuaSmashers

Anyways, it's an honor to meet so many people of PR here. Myself lives in Lares and likes to use nearly any character, although I have a certain preference over Pikachu (B+Down: Pikaa!). I know a couple of guys in Lares and Camuy who play this game, so I'll try to get the word out. Also, this is a small fact of special consideration: We need to make the tournament in a place that's close enough for everyone to go to. For example, we could do it in Utuado or Arecibo, but we can't go to San Juan or Carolina (GAS IS WAY TOO **** EXPENSIVE) to do so.

If anyone wants to join, please click on the link above and await approval. Any questions? If you have any, please feel free to PM me regarding this matter.

CYA.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Right now the only current available setting is in the UPR de Mayaguez. The guys from the east are able to make the trip there, but if we were to have the tournament elsewhere then the same cannot be said for everyone from the west. This is currently the only viable venue we have at the time. Perhaps in the future we can have another one on the east side, but for now it will only do more harm than good. The current and best venue we have now is in the center of the UPR de Mayaguez. Plus we won’t have to pay anything to use the center and there’s plenty of space, not to mention vending machines and bathrooms around just in case.

If we were to look for another place, we’d have to search around, pay the owners to rent it, etc. That’s just too much hassle when the guys from the west would possibly not be able to make it. But Mayaguez is a suitable place for the guys from the west and the ones from the east that I’ve spoken to. In other words, just about everyone we’ve spoken to so far says they can make it. This has been the case for a good while now, as Maximus and I tried to run a tournament in the past but some unexpected things prevented us from doing so. This time things are going more smoothly and faster. Let’s not try to think of too much at once. We’ve got everything going good now, and if we deter the pace it could be just like last time. We don’t want de ja vu.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL, I understand, Mayaguez is a nice place for that, but we gotta do it a saturday and in a proper time, if you know what I mean.

Good Luck to us all. To commemorate this, let us use this quote in latin:

Nostrum lux lucis est spes! Quin is fulsi continuo! Our light is hope! Let it shine forth!

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I can go there but it has to be an off school day an very accesible to all of us.

I fought gravekeeper and his crew last weekend and they pounded my faloonga(lol) well. I won and lost. It was a great smash fest and I learned a lot from my opponents now I am mastering my wavedash then my waveshine and become even more annoying with the reflector.

Keep posting here HDL.
.............later

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
How about you try asking Carlos how shine happy I can get? I’m sure he remembers that when we stood in Rincón.

One thing everyone should keep in mind: the sooner we get all the information and contributions we need the sooner we can all meet up and play. I know people are all eager to meet up with other smashers but we have to work out the specifics first. Otherwise it’ll never happen.

krazyzyko, practice your technical stuff in training mode and keep doing that. Or if you use the C Stick, practice against a level 1 CPU with infinite time and do that on different stages. You’ll get the hang of it easier.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Thanks dude I do that but vs. a human (just the controller).
Sorry for leaving you waiting...**** this cp freezes a little too much.

....later

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Do you mean you just put the opponent on human and practice against a dummy or you rather fight a human to practice your technical skill? If it’s the former, then that’s fine, but if you do it that way you won’t get to practice edge guarding (the CPU always recovers in training mode if they’re set to stand). For real people, work on the mind games mostly. Experimenting with different technical things could often cost you a match. You can always practice technical stuff by yourself, but you can’t do that so well with mind games. You need people for that.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
I can get the Student Center at UPRM for a saturday if I get a big enough list of people who wants to participate. I know that for some, the distance is quite large but I can separate for our own use for free. And it is also very easy to find so nobody should get lost if the tournament is done at the center.

HDL, I just got in touch with Rod and hopefully he will be posting here too. I sent you the current list of people that are contributing stuff so check it out.

Top Bottom