• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Rod, eh? That’s good stuff. Right now we have quite an exceptional list going here, but we could still stand some more support. The more the better. I combined the information you gave me and formed a confirmed list from that. We might be getting more support (let’s definitely strive for that), but this is what we got so far:

TVs

HDL (1)
Armando (1)
Yamil (1) (1 PC with capturing capabilities)
Carlos (1)
Jandro (1 portable screen)
Edgar (1)
Damian (1)
Brian (1)
Mariano (1)
Alfonso (1)
foreignguy (1)
krazyzyko (1)

Cubes

HDL (1)
Armando (1)
Yamil (1)
Carlos (1)
Jandro (1)
Gravekeeper (1)
Edgar (1)
Damian (1)
Brian (1)
GJ (1)
foreignguy (1)
krazyzyko (1)

Copies of Smash

HDL (1)
Armando (1)
Yamil (1)
Carlos (1)
Jandro (1)
Gravekeeper (1)
Edgar (1)
Damian (1)
Brian (1)
GJ (1)
foreignguy(1)
Edi (1)
krazyzyko(1)

VCRs

Armando (1)
Jandro (1)

Looks pretty good so far, but we could stand to have some more contributions. About Jandro and the portable screen. Some people may not like playing on it, so just in case we’ll be using it only for friendlies and not for official sets. Also here is a current list of people that I understand are attending:

Lord HDL
Maximus
Edgar
Armando
Yamil
Carlos
Gravekeeper
Jandro
Damian
Brian
Mariano
Alfonso
Rod (?)
GJ
Enye
Edi
krazyzyko
Laser_kirby_007 (?)
Picon
Gary
Alexis
Javier
foreignguy
Relix
Gamemaniac

That’s about 25 people. And this is not including all of the people from the west that Maximus is able to contact. Plus there are some people from the east that are coming that I don’t know about yet, so if most people come we’ll be having quite a good turn-out. Nice number of contributions and people attending. Maximus, I trust you’ll add to this when you post who else will be coming, yes?

Oh yeah, and here’s something you all should read. Some of us will be bringing other games. If the tournament goes smoothly and we have time afterwards, we’ll be playing some other games. Here are some of the games we have in mind:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Yamil, krazyzyko)
F-Zero GX (HDL, krazyzyko)
Soul Calibur II (HDL, krazyzyko)
Star Fox Assault (I have the data on my card, Edi’s bringing the game)
Mario Power Tennis (Can someone bring the game and data?)
Others (Pick another multiplayer we might be interested in)

That’s all for now.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
What HDL said was right. Go to training mode and practice technical skill with your character. If it's Fox then try and do the infinite or L -cancel the drill so you can grab afterwards or practice short hoping too. You can practice ledge hop , sweet spotting the Firefox into the edge etc.

One thing I do when I have too much to practice is I write what techniques I have to perfect and I master them one by one and then I put an X on the tech I mastered. After you mastered all your techs then try to apply them on a human players. Mind tricks come with experiences so you just gotta find better players. Good luck ^ ^

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
Rod, eh? That’s good stuff. Right now we have quite an exceptional list going here, but we could still stand some more support. The more the better. I combined the information you gave me and formed a confirmed list from that. We might be getting more support (let’s definitely strive for that), but this is what we got so far:

TVs

Armando (1)
Yamil (1)
Carlos (1)
Jandro (1 portable screen)
Edgar (1)
Damian (1)
Brian (1)
Mariano (1)
Alfonso (1)

Cubes

HDL (1)
Armando (1)
Yamil (1)
Carlos (1)
Jandro (1)
Gravekeeper (1)
Edgar (1)
Damian (1)
Brian (1)
GJ (1)

Copies of Smash

HDL (1)
Armando (1)
Yamil (1)
Carlos (1)
Jandro (1)
Gravekeeper (1)
Edgar (1)
Damian (1)
Brian (1)
GJ (1)

VCRs

Armando (1)
Jandro (1)

Looks pretty good so far, but we could stand to have some more contributions. About Jandro and the portable screen. Some people may not like playing on it, so just in case we’ll be using it only for friendlies and not for official sets. Also here is a current list of people that I understand are attending:

Lord HDL
Maximus
Edgar
Armando
Yamil
Carlos
Gravekeeper
Jandro
Damian
Brian
Mariano
Alfonso
Rod (?)
GJ
Xythyx
Wolf E. Urameshi
krazyzyko
Laser_kirby_007 (?)
Picon
Gary
Alexis
Javier

That’s about 22 people. And this is not including all of the people from the west that Maximus is able to contact. Plus there are some people from the east that are coming that I don’t know about yet, so if most people come we’ll be having quite a good turn-out. Nice number of contributions and people attending. Maximus, I trust you’ll add to this when you post who else will be coming, yes?

Oh yeah, and here’s something you all should read. Some of us will be bringing other games. If the tournament goes smoothly and we have time afterwards, we’ll be playing some other games. Here are some of the games we have in mind:

Mario Kart: Double Dash!! (Yamil is bringing it)
F-Zero GX (I’m bringing it)
Soul Calibur II (I’m bringing it)
Star Fox Assault (I have the data on my card, can someone bring the game?)
Mario Power Tennis (Can someone bring the game and data?)
Others (Pick another multiplayer we might be interested in)

That’s all for now.
On the player list, Xyhthyx = GJ.. that's me. You can include Enye (Javi), he's my teammate.

foreignguy

Smash Rookie
Hey guys im the token foreigner in gravekeeper's group. HDL i can donate a gb, tv, and a copy of ssbm.
wolf e i would like to join youre messenger group so please reply this so i can join it or send e mail foreignguy56@yahoo.com thats my messenger address to. By the way i would like to join the tournament. ^^

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL, oh my, I am being considered, thanks!

BTW, you can name me Edi in that list-it's how my friends call me. Right now I'm getting the word out about this tourney back at UPRA. Also...

MY INFO:

-I live in Lares.
-As far as I'm concerned, 90% of the time I will attend, but due to my busy schedule I am not sure if I can go, I'll post here if anything happens.
-Can't bring the Cube but I'll see if I can bring a copy of Smash Bros. and StarFox Assault.
-Yes Saturday in October until now is excellent.
-Still checking who will attend. I'm getting the word out, I will post here with updates.

And I guess that's it. I will also ask of EVERY BORICUA MEMBER OF SMASHBOARDS TO PM ME WITH YOUR INFO, SUCH AS MSN HANDLE, EMAILS, CELL PHONE #S, BLAH BLAH BLAH. I'll have them around just in case. Also, I'll try to check the group today and add anyone remaining to it.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Wolf you go to Cora? I live quite close to Cora, about 15 minutes away (I used to go there). If you elaborate on what days/times you’re there perhaps we could meet up at the center one day and get some early smashing going on. Unless the UPRA is Arecibo and not Aguadilla. You can come to my house where it’s more comfortable if that’s the case (if you’re willing to make the trip).

Also you don’t have to worry about the data I got in Star Fox Assault. I have the Wolfen and extra stages on my card. Although I’ve been told that there’s something called the Demon Sniper that you get by collecting all the flags. I don’t have that on my card, but demon weapons suck anyway so no worries. If anyone else has this game or any others to bring then bring them since we’ll probably have plenty of time to play afterwards. I think it’s a good idea for people to relax and have fun with other games after they’ve been all smashed-out for hours.

Edit: We have a list of people that are attending but I need to know all the people that plan on entering the team tournament. Most likely singles will be $10 or $15 (the latter means the pot will be higher, but some people might not be able to afford that), and doubles will be $10 per person (pot is split between the teammates that win). Please discuss amongst yourselves who you will be teaming with if you’re entering doubles, and when you come up with your partner let me know your team name and the people in that team. Please decide in advance who your partner will be and your team name. It will mean less preparations on the day of the tournament and will enable me to start everything faster. If we don’t get enough people for the team tournament we won’t be able to have it. I encourage everyone to enter it so the turn-out will have that much more success.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL, sorry but I meant I go to Arecibo. My bad. Anyways, I meant that I can bring the game IF I go. I'm tentative due to the fact that I'm having a few family problems, but so far it looks like a go. Plus, I have a line for the tournament that should serve as a motto: It's in one of the previous posts and it was in Latin. Oh here it is:

Nostrum lux lucis est spes! Quin is fulsi continuo! Our light is hope! Let it shine forth!

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Well let’s try not to make the tournament look like we’re running a business, lol. I’d like to keep our activities feeling more community-based rather than marketing it and such. Maximus and I only have a little more information to exchange before we’re able to come up with a date. I’m waiting for him to give me some information so I can compile everything and send it back to him, so after we learn who’s entering teams and such we’ll be able to work with dates. And once we have the date it’s just a matter of waiting.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Hey wolf! If you are used to fight the computer... my 9-year old cousin might be able to beat you with Fox.

LISTEN PEOPLE!

If you have posted here, wolf has aprooved your admision at his msn boricua smashers thing. If you are interested and you haven't posted here send a private message to wolf.

Lord HDL, What does that rare avatar is supposed to be?(just being corious and extroverted that's just me.)

...later

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL! I like to fight the computer!

But don't think that I'm too caught up with it. I think I'm prepared for anything.

EDIT: Check your inbox when possible: The first newsletter of Boricua Smashers has been sent. It contains basic info about this tournament and, basically, a welcome message, lol. (My mind wouldn't let me come up with something better)

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
That's a good attitude, but don't be too confident.
I read the message, I'll try getting in as soon as possible.

THANKS!
....later

Lord HDL;
about your list...
I can bring:

1.Game cube
2.TV(maybe)
3.smash copy
4.Soul Calibur 2 copy
5.Mario Kart: Double-Dash
6.2 controllers
7.a memory card(with all the mentioned game's data)
note:I won't play the other games until I get to fight each and everyone of you guys.
(Try a weekend in october, a long holiday weekend in a place accesible to go, I'm looking forward to participate in this activity.)

....later :psycho:

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Yeah , don't be too confident. It's just that all the people that say they can kick my *** at smash I usually 4 stock them. Just be prepared and train your techniques on training mode that's the best thing you can do until the tournament arrives. ( Except for HDL :cry: he kicked my ***)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Cool, so you can bring all that stuff. Don’t worry I doubt anyone else would get involved in those games during the tournament. Everyone wants to train and play against each other, so we’ll just keep them packed until it’s finished. I recommend you bring your stuff in a bookbag or something so they won’t get lost and you can easily distinguish it from other people’s bags.

Who knows Carlos maybe you can whoop me in DD, SC2, or some other game, but I’m not going to let you. Who thinks they can top the Krystal skills and sexy strategy? I hope I don’t see too many Wolf whores, though. Everyone seems to love him just for his stats. Bah, stats fail in the face of good strategy. You will not undo me!

Edit: For all of those contributing to the tournament, remember to label your TVs, cubes, etc., with your names. This is to prevent confusion in case some TVs happen to be the same or look similar. Just take a strip of paper, write your name in big letters with something like a sharpie, and tape it to your TV, cube, etc.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
hahahaha! I'm guilty I use Wolf a lot for his stats. It's just too tempting to see all those high stats. But I guess I'll give other characters a try. In some games I'm sure to beat you is Golden Sun , Mario Kart Gameboy Adance version 64 version too , and Age of Empires ^^. Maybe at other games too but I don't think you play them.

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL, I like to use Falco and Wolf in Assault as well as Krystal because of her barrier bonus. As for the other games, the only one I've played frequently is Soul Calibur 2 and I played Double Dash!! only once, but still! ^,*

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Carlos, you’re "sure" to beat me in those games? Explain to me how you are "sure." I’ve only played Mario Kart for GBA once, haven’t played 64 in a long time, never played Age of Empires, and I am quite skilled in Golden Sun. And it’s not even about having characters at level 99. I do not play Golden Sun like most people do. I have different classes, equipment, items, and djinn strategies than most people that play this game. You’re prepared to face Isaac as a Lord? No use, my Isaac is not a Lord, lol. Trust me I once played a friend that also had all his characters at level 99, and he just stopped the match because I wouldn’t die (and because my classes were better equipped for spontaneous situations). He would get close to losing but then keep reviving people, so he just stopped the match because we were at it for probably over an hour. But seeing how it’s so easy to get to level 99 in TLA, I’ll play you in the first Golden Sun. Sound fair?

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Im' good in Mario Kart double dash and sc2 but I suck at assault(because I don't OWN the game) But I have played it a couple of times vs. mode. compared to melee's Fox and Falco the star fox team moves in assault are kind of limited. Falco is the coolest side kick(right after DBZ's Vegeta).I also love DBZ Budokai 3 but I lost my memory card :urg: and it sucks to play with such crappy attacks. :mad:

By the way, I am not going to be able to login in this web site that frequently from now on. :(
If I am not able to answer your pm's nor your posts, ask GraveKeeper for my cellphone #
so you could contact me, directly. ;)

(Por favor no se olviden de mi!)

............later

Relix

Smash Rookie
Oh I am new here. Just signed up just to post here =). I am VERY interested in this Tournament, I have looked and looked in million of places, and the only person who I play with is my sister (which can beat me sometomes...) and my cousin who sucks. Aside from that i dont get much Smash action -_-. I live in Toa Alta and I am a hardcore Luigi player. I am stil not a master of Wavedashing but I am nimble with my fingers. Anyway, if the Tournament could be the 3rd saturday of October.......cuz the 2nd one is the College Board and I really need to take that =P. Also I am good at Mario Kart: DD and Soul Calibur 2. I can bring a copy of Smash as well, or any of the last 2 games I mentioned. Yay, another player!!! BTW; I can travel to Mayaguez so no problems there.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
HDL I use other strategies as well in Golden Sun so we'll see. And foreignguy you gotta train with me for that wave dashing of yours and you gotta 1 vs1 more you are getting used to multiplayer.

Relix

Smash Rookie
Challenge accepted foreignguy ;-). Now I just need a date for the tourney and go practice a bit more my wavedashing =P.

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
Hi! this is Game maniac(krazyzyko's cousin).

I will also like to join the tournament keep me informed.
I am a smashn00b because I still don't know how do the wavedash but I play pretty good without it. I'm from Toaalta.

Relix

Smash Rookie
What part of Toa Alta Gamemaniac? I live in Toa Alta as well :). Closer to Corozal actually, but still Toa Alta. Urb. Las Villas, ever head of it?

Wolf E. Urameshi

Smash Journeyman
LOL, me 2.

Yo tambien digo lo mismo, se debe hacer un torneo antes del de UPRM para practice.

BTW Relix welcome to the site and our Group. Name's WOlf, nice to meet you, I live in Lares and am a master user of Pikachu, Mario, Marth and others. And yes...

VIVA LA NESQUIK!!!

Doval

Smash Lord
I was kidding but I only like my chocolate milk in powdered form. Ever seen a bottle of Nesquik after not being refrigerated for a whole day? Back on topic, post more >.> This thread's kinda dying out.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
So guys who's up to a smash fest? We need a place where we can all make it. If anybody have like a place many people can stay it would be awesome.

Edit: Is anybody actually practicing for the tournament? If you are , are you guys practicing advanced techs? Cuz I won't have MERCY!!! EAST SIDE WILL CONQUER!!11111!!1!

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Trust me Uriel we are all tough,practicing and getting tougher so we all have to train.

Relix;

Gamemaniac and I live in Toa alta Galateo centro close to the Parrquia San Judas Tadeo.

I live in both Toa alta and Bayamon because my parents are divorced :urg: :( :cry: and I am always here and there.

......later :psycho:

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Yeah Carlos, east side is taking this. But it won’t be east side of PR, it will be east side NYC rep! You will not undo me! I am the commander of the pirate armada!

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
You got me all excited when you said the East side was gonna win lol. The master always gets beaten by the apprentice and so I a lowly Pirate lad will beat you! Maybe... it's possible.. ok , maybe not.. But I will give you a good match!

Relix

Smash Rookie
Ok i am practicing. Already got the hang of wave dashing =P. Oh! and Owning my sister too. Anyway, I have no clue where we could hold a smash fest. My house isn't big enough. Anyone knows a place in metro area where we could play? Like an apartment from someone you know... or we can just go to "El Parque del Milenio" in San Juan, and throw an extension and connect TV's and GC's and play =P. Or to a beach...or we can go to Plaza las Americas too....... :-|.

Jandro

Smash Cadet
I might be able to get us a place for the smashfest for us ova here in the east side. My granpa has an apartment in Isla Verde(or so mi sources say) and i could have him lend it to me for a weekend. ill ask and post heer the answer. if i have a yes ill give you a day and time and directions. but i must wanr you all..... peach is an anagram for... CHEAP!!! and i use her!

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
LOL at Jandro :laugh:

Relix we tried Plaza but we need to ask permission to plug our GCs because of some legal stuff. So I don't really want to get in that mess. El Viejo San Juan sucks por las palomas..

Dojima

Smash Ace
Hi i'm new here. First of all Maximus you can count with:
My TV, my cube, my copy of smash and 1 controler. (If you want to)
The Vibrator (You know you want to)
and my VCR (You know you need it)

I'm from Mayaguez and i've been playing smash for about 6 months now. My main character is Link, ALWAYS the black one 'cause Black Link owns and you know it. I also use Shiek and I dare to say she is my best, I wasn't playing for 5 minutes and I was already kicking butt with Sheik. I will look foward to the tournament and will be checking these posts once in a while.

Eval

Smash Journeyman
Well Dojima, Im new here too and prepare to face peach "whorenado" mwahahaha. You know peach is cheap and you like it. I will be in that tournament to cheap you all with the ultimate whorenado attack. =P

@smash fest: I would like to go to one before the tournament so we can prepare before the event. Hope to meet everyone before the tournament. I cant wait to see if the east side is gonna kick a**. =P

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Doji you black Link but you ain’t ***** black Link, lol. I would try to make a smashfest but I got no scratch if you catch my drift. I could only make it if someone was willing to give me a ride, but with gas the way it is...hmm...

Oh yeah, they did lower the gas twice now. Only by a few cents each, but we may start seeing better gas days if it keeps up this pace. Sounds like good stuff.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Eval said:
Well Dojima, Im new here too and prepare to face peach "whorenado" mwahahaha. You know peach is cheap and you like it. I will be in that tournament to cheap you all with the ultimate whorenado attack. =P

@smash fest: I would like to go to one before the tournament so we can prepare before the event. Hope to meet everyone before the tournament. I cant wait to see if the east side is gonna kick a**. =P
First off all Eval I don't know you and I don't even know what is this "Whorenado" so I doubt I am goin to be eating anything soon. Yes I think we will meet at the Tournament though. Let's meet at the Tournament, and last, Shiek is not cheap, she is just user friendly.

Top Bottom