• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

joe%

Smash Apprentice
JOE% msn is puerotman824@hotmail feel free to contact me for all u people who live in bayamon or somewhere near it

Dojima

Smash Ace
I couldn't go to it cause of ****ing problems at home, the only thing I can say is. WTF? whats up with those results? Must have been the single elemination, lost of good people in one side and bad people in the other?

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Dojima said:
I couldn't go to it cause of ****ing problems at home, the only thing I can say is. WTF? whats up with those results? Must have been the single elemination, lost of good people in one side and bad people in the other?

Im sorry u couldnt go but dont worry dude theres gonna be anotherone on the 25 of this moth but i dont know umm did u get my msn so we can talk ? but anyways talk to u later .

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
Dojima said:

Don't punish yourself Doji, I couldn't go either even though i had planned to do so.

Boricua316

Smash Apprentice
Essence_of_the_Gods said:
Don't punish yourself Doji, I couldn't go either even though i had planned to do so.

Yeah u guyz missed a good tourny... but aniways there a better one the 25th of march vs some gringoz in mayaguez start making plans :D:D

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
Boricua316 said:
Yeah u guyz missed a good tourny... but anyways there a better one the 25th of march vs some gringoz in mayaguez start making plans :D:D
O_o gringos that actually live in pr.

congrats on the rank up doji

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
Boricua316 said:
Yeah u guyz missed a good tourny... but aniways there a better one the 25th of march vs some gringoz in mayaguez start making plans :D:D
There's going to be a tournament here in PR? I've been to a few but there kinda lame. So if there's a really good one here, do inform me. Email me at dinodyoster@aol.com, I'd love the challenge.

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Broncoley said:
There's going to be a tournament here in PR? I've been to a few but there kinda lame. So if there's a really good one here, do inform me. Email me at dinodyoster@aol.com, I'd love the challenge.

hey i would like to play you anytime just tell me when... im not trying to be cocky about it i just whant to play with different people.

Dojima

Smash Ace
Yes Rum & Smash 2 is being planned for march 25. I can't really give much info since I don't know everything about it, but is going to be the 25 or around, we are also expecting participation from the United states smash scene. The first Rum & Smash was had good participation and we expect to even have more this time as the smash comunity has grown since then. Don't worry since full details will be given out soon.

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Dojima said:
Yes Rum & Smash 2 is being planned for march 25. I can't really give much info since I don't know everything about it, but is going to be the 25 or around, we are also expecting participation from the United states smash scene. The first Rum & Smash was had good participation and we expect to even have more this time as the smash comunity has grown since then. Don't worry since full details will be given out soon.

dojima give me ur messenger .

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Broncoley said:
There's going to be a tournament here in PR? I've been to a few but there kinda lame..
That’s because they’re normally held by people who don’t know anything about holding a Smash tournament. You need to come to the ones we organize. Those are the best you’ll find on the island.

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
Sweet tourney

Hey all, the being known as Gravekeeper here…

Had a lot of fun at the Isabela Tourney- played well in some, played crap in others (the crew battle comes to mind). It seems that most of the East crew got seeded together again- I blame Bush.

Had some pretty memorable fights there- Eval and I went into an exhausting Jiggles vs Peach fight that lasted nearly the full 8 minutes. We were left empty, soulless, hollow on the inside.

Then I got into a bout with PopeOfChiliTown, which was a lot of fun- he had me on the defensive in all three bouts, when my usual style of fighting is ‘Rush-in-blindly-and-hope-I-hit-something-Fu’. It was absurdly close, I really thought I was doomed at the end of the fight when we got down to our last stock, but I guess the Chozos where smiling upon Samus that day. It could also be that I concentrated most of my attacks on Nana, and without his ho, I guess Popo ain’t that pimp *Is shot several times*

The battle for third place was one of the most fun battles I’ve ever had- it was a ditto-Samus battle with ATH. We were pretty much matching each other move for move to the point that we were doing circles around each other with the bombs in an attempt to meteor the other- hell, both Samuses got into a boxing match at one point, and we even killed each other at the same time at one point…. Good stuff, good stuff. There’s actually video of our bouts, so hopefully they’ll be posted along with the others soon.

Can’t wait for the tourney, although we gotta fix that naming thing… What are the chances of two Armandos whose next two initials are J and D? That’s uncanny. Maybe next time everybody should just be identified by their Smash nicks.

Eval, PopeOfChiliTown and ATH, we must battle again...

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
****, I couldn't go.........

I'll try to go to the next one.
I'll be waiting for the vids.
For those who didn't know Uriel=EVIL
Congratulations on your victory(top 5)
I hope my progress report card doesn't messes up my "smashing future".
B4K4,Uriel,GK and Jandro; I'll call you guys before the tourney to see if we can smash again someday..........................later

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Listen up all, my mind entered in some kind of intelligent rush the other day, since I can't travel sometimes to your far away places, I'm thinking about planning a SSBM tournament on town, you know, Utuado Village, anyways, I'm just considering the idea, since it would make a slight good way to help my class get some funds and stuff, and I could take the chance to battle you guys, anyways, I'm just thinking about it, so don't ask me much for it, even though I'm still searching for places that could be rented, since my house wouldn't be so good for a tournament, and my parents would ask me why so many people and stuff, but I'll post anything if I consider the idea.

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
Lord HDL said:
That’s because they’re normally held by people who don’t know anything about holding a Smash tournament. You need to come to the ones we organize. Those are the best you’ll find on the island.
So do inform me on the one you guys organize. I'd love to play against real smashers.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Yo guys let's try to all East side players meet this weekend. How bout' Saturday? Or if you guys can Friday it would be awesome. Oh, and if somebody is available to donate his house for the "mini smashfest" it would be awesome.

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
You know, we really should meet and play against everybody here in PR, if anybody has any ideas when and where, I'm all ears.

Oh by the way, your on Joe%

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Broncoley said:
You know, we really should meet and play against everybody here in PR, if anybody has any ideas when and where, I'm all ears.

Oh by the way, your on Joe%

well then heres my msn feel free to add me puertoman824@hotmail.com im waiting for ur answer. :laugh:

Dojima

Smash Ace
Ok guys, the Tournament Flyer is up. This might not be the final one, but at least gives all the info about the Tournament. Remember it will be on March 25. So start telling your friends so all of you can come.

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Read This

Hey guys, I have a problem with the way tourneys are handled because on the last two, people from the east were grouped on against eachother on the brackets and I don't want to play with the same people i practice with... Remeber that since the tournament is held in the west (which means the biggest participation will be from west-siders) you don't consider to evenly separate by region. In the last two tournies i was put against the same people who came with me from bayamon and that's not fair. It gives an image of trying to weed out east siders. And nobody want to travel to mayaguez just to play with the same people close to you. On this RUM & Smash be sure to separate players by region and not do it randomly; even if the finals end up with two west-siders, at least it was a varied torney without engaging players who arrived together until they encounter throughout the brackets.

If anybody else has noticed this behaviour please say something!!

I have posted this WAY before the tourney so i expect answers and action, seeing as participaton from the U.S. will be present.

* not meant to flame*

Doval

Smash Lord
I agree. In the Isabela tournament last Sunday, half the people in my round robin group were from the east (Yam, Good, Carli, Ish, did I miss someone?) and it really sucked that I had to fight all of them in quick succession. If I'm not mistaken HDL had split the groups properly, but then someone started messing around with the placements and ruined it. Either way, it'd be great if they took our regions/crews into consideration when they split us up for RUM and Smash 2, for everyone's enjoyment, not just the east side (I'm sure it sucks for the west side Smashers when it happens to them too.) Wasn't really a problem (at least for me) in the Mayaguez tournament last December, though. I think the only person I know that I had to fight in that one was Carlos (EVIL.)

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
You need to understand that we cannot just know where everyone is from. I know where some of you from the east are from, and that’s why I made sure Carlos, Armando, and others weren’t all in the same group. However it’s impossible to divide people evenly especially since there were many others from the east that I do not know about. There were people there from the east and I didn’t know who they were, so I divided them among the groups. It’s impossible not to wind up playing with some people you know because there were only 4 pools. Also even if you were to go against some people you know it’s not unfair like you say because it was round robin format, meaning there were chances to play people you know and don’t know. You can’t honestly think that’s unfair. And if you do, maybe you don’t understand how much work it takes to run a tournament, let alone make it as fair as we did. Plus towards the end of setting up pools my friend got a little nervous and anxious for some reason, and he just kind of “stole” the rest of the seeding away from me, which explains why Jandro and Armando were in the same pool. But even so there were many other different people there all fairly divided among pools.

I don’t think your complaining is fair to the people that go through all the work of organizing and running tournaments. Of course I can’t expect you to understand how it’s like since you’ve probably never done it, but round robin is one of the most fair tournament formats used for Smash. If you didn’t like how it was run then I can’t see you at all liking double elimination, which is the way most Smash tournaments are run. Now I know that any of us as hosts would try to do our best to seed people properly so that it may be fair, and that goes for those hosting RUM & Smash 2 as well. But if you still don’t like how things are being run I suggest you don’t come to any of these events. No one likes when people complain to the ones busting their *** to make an enjoyable event for everyone.

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Lord HDL said:
You need to understand that we cannot just know where everyone is from. I know where some of you from the east are from, and that’s why I made sure Carlos, Armando, and others weren’t all in the same group. However it’s impossible to divide people evenly especially since there were many others from the east that I do not know about. There were people there from the east and I didn’t know who they were, so I divided them among the groups. It’s impossible not to wind up playing with some people you know because there were only 4 pools. Also even if you were to go against some people you know it’s not unfair like you say because it was round robin format, meaning there were chances to play people you know and don’t know. You can’t honestly think that’s unfair. And if you do, maybe you don’t understand how much work it takes to run a tournament, let alone make it as fair as we did. Plus towards the end of setting up pools my friend got a little nervous and anxious for some reason, and he just kind of “stole” the rest of the seeding away from me, which explains why Jandro and Armando were in the same pool. But even so there were many other different people there all fairly divided among pools.

I don’t think your complaining is fair to the people that go through all the work of organizing and running tournaments. Of course I can’t expect you to understand how it’s like since you’ve probably never done it, but round robin is one of the most fair tournament formats used for Smash. If you didn’t like how it was run then I can’t see you at all liking double elimination, which is the way most Smash tournaments are run. Now I know that any of us as hosts would try to do our best to seed people properly so that it may be fair, and that goes for those hosting RUM & Smash 2 as well. But if you still don’t like how things are being run I suggest you don’t come to any of these events. No one likes when people complain to the ones busting their *** to make an enjoyable event for everyone.

Dude i dont know what ur fusing about but all that im trying to say is for the fisrt round please dont put people that just came together in the same carr to fight the first match like we come far away to play againts defferent people so when we get there we fight eachother thats kinda dumb . im not asking that after that first round if im gonna fight someone that i know thats from same place i am im not going to ask to change that fight because no one can do something about that but im just asking that for the first round dont put people that r from the same places together thats all . And if u dont know how to do that then it is u that dont have much experience in tourneys , cause nobody likes to travel far away so when they get there in the FIRST ROUND fight ur friend from bayamon but i dont know dude im not trying to start nothing im just saying whant bothers me and other people and if u really know experience in tourneys u should take this not has a critic but has something u should try to change cause its not that big of a deal .

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Well, the deal here is that tournament sorting is supposed to be random, right?
So I know what you guys are saying, which I found dumb to play against a friend I bring when my goal would be to play against new smashers, but how about dividing people by regions, then sorting them on diferent groups, so that way they'll play against diferent people, which is their goal too.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
First I’d like to ask you to make your post a bit easier to understand. I had a hard time reading it. Also I have plenty of experience with tournaments and how they’re run. But I can’t just divide everyone by regions when I don’t know where people are from. I could have asked for people to inform me where they’re from but I wasn’t sure how much time we were going to have so we couldn’t afford to delay things more than they were. Everyone was supposed to be there by 11 and it was almost 1 PM and people were still showing up. So because not everyone cooperated and showed up on time the tournament was still delayed, which explains why I couldn’t worry about where EVERY participant comes from. I only did my best to separate the people I know and make sure that all the best players were not together as well as making sure not everyone from a certain area was together. But like I said I’m only one person I can’t know where 38 different people come from just so I can separate them perfectly. Especially since there were 4 pools. You can’t expect to not face anyone you know. That’s just not happening. And remember what I said about my friend. He kind of messed things up when I was doing good. He’s the one that has never had prior tournament experience. I have.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Well at least I didn't fight anybody I know except for Eddy ( Shiek user). So I won't complain. ^^. I even got to fight Maximuspita TWICE!

EDIT: People are you willing to give your house for a "mini-smashfest" this saturday? It's going to fun , they'll be swords!

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
You can go ask... Then again, try to place yourself in another setting, in which you go to some big tourney and you brought some friends and you start up beating them on the early rounds.

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
i think that the division was good i got to play good players like EVIL and MXP and still qualify for the quarter finals

So HDL good job i know you worked hard to make it fair and that is all i need to know :)

Gravekeeper

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gravekeeper
I think the problem (for the Eastsiders, at least) is that the way we were seeded made it look like you just took the sign-up sheet, divided it into four leagues and placed us up in the order in which we signed up. I'm not accusing you of that, though, 'cause I was nearby while you were seeding and I know you were taking care to separate people, I'm just saying that that's what it looked like from our side.

Due to a bit of car trouble I left about an hour later than the rest of the Eastsiders, so I'm not sure how it was going down, but, where you accepting sign-ups as soon as you opened the doors, or did you open the registration some time later? I do remember that we had to wait till a specific time to sign up in RUM & Smash. Anyways, if that's the case, then a simple way to separate people is by signing them up as soon as they come in through the door. That way, when you have the full list and you've decided on how many pools to have, you can just start from the top and place first signee in Pool 1, second signee in Pool 2, and so on. Since they signed up as soon as they got there, in theory, those that came in together and signed up next to each other on the registration list will instantly be separated.

Although this isn't a regional separation, it's a lot simpler, and should eliminate the "The dude you put me up against is my ride home, man! Now I'm stranded thanks to you" situations.

Broncoley

Smash Cadet
To me it really doesn't matter much who I play, as long as I play. It is true that playing against all the people you've played before isn't as fun as playing others, but hey, playing against your friends in a tourney is still memorable.

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Lord HDL said:
First I’d like to ask you to make your post a bit easier to understand. I had a hard time reading it. Also I have plenty of experience with tournaments and how they’re run. But I can’t just divide everyone by regions when I don’t know where people are from. I could have asked for people to inform me where they’re from but I wasn’t sure how much time we were going to have so we couldn’t afford to delay things more than they were. Everyone was supposed to be there by 11 and it was almost 1 PM and people were still showing up. So because not everyone cooperated and showed up on time the tournament was still delayed, which explains why I couldn’t worry about where EVERY participant comes from. I only did my best to separate the people I know and make sure that all the best players were not together as well as making sure not everyone from a certain area was together. But like I said I’m only one person I can’t know where 38 different people come from just so I can separate them perfectly. Especially since there were 4 pools. You can’t expect to not face anyone you know. That’s just not happening. And remember what I said about my friend. He kind of messed things up when I was doing good. He’s the one that has never had prior tournament experience. I have.

ok i can understand what ur saying but all that i ever asked for is that for the next tourney u should do that by ur self like u said u where doing at the tourney in isabela if u started doing the list and dividing everybody like u where doing with carlos and armando then u should have kept on doing it by ur self i know it wasnt ur fault that someone came and took the list from u and start doing it there way but hey we r humas we all make mistakes and i dont blame you and i dont blame nobody so...... all that im saying is that if u where making the list and u where doing it right dont let nobody tell u what to do so that the tournament can run how its supposed to cause if u have all that experience in tourneys and im not making fun of u or nothing im just saying that if u have that experience and u know its right then hey just do the list and dont let nobody get in ur way thats all i got say... o i forgot i would like to talk to u heres my number (787) 408 9069 dont be afraid to call um just gonna talk about the next tournament.

joe%

Smash Apprentice
Broncoley said:
To me it really doesn't matter much who I play, as long as I play. It is true that playing against all the people you've played before isn't as fun as playing others, but hey, playing against your friends in a tourney is still memorable.

You sound like u never been to a tournament before :laugh: you know ur best quiet instead of running ur mouth about stuff u dont know

Top Bottom