• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Dojima

Smash Ace
krazyzyko said:
I still can't focking SH2L with the X-button.
Ok People, to clarify, using the X button to jump does not make you leet. Is just a question of preference. As a fact is easier to go from Y to B than from X. Just cause some good people use it does not mean is better. Just like L-cancel vs R-cancel, wichever you prefer, Z-cancel is obviously the best but it takes a lot of practice to get used to it, just like X jumping.

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
I use :
1. Falco
2. Link
3. Marth
4. Jiggz/ Peach

Instead of using C-stick or R to cancel I use L , and A to shuffle. And I use the joystick for short hopping with almost everybody. Sometimes I change between X and Y and joystick. But I prefer gaining speed with my fingers using the joystick instead of moving them through all the controler.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
wow i thought you could only l cancel with "l". man i am a n00b.

krazy, if you can 2 lazer w/ y then you need not worry about mastering x. the so called"1337" people use it to show off and are usually owned by someone who takes matches seriously.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Doji and WIPE$$$ I can only SH2L with the joystick, meaning that I can only do it in the same spot. I reconsidered what WIPE$$$ told me about not posting about my button play so it eill be in this post no more.

I use the SH2L when the character is too far away from coming back and then I edgegaurd.

Since I always use the WD,shuffling,chaingrabs etc...I can't decide who could be my 2nd character.

Happy San Valentines Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!(hablando the tiburones, yo estoy mas salao' q. un culo the tiburon.....reva) {reva=Reirse En Voz Alta}

..............................later

College board this saturday N :cry: !

Gamemaniac

Smash Apprentice
krazyzyko said:
Doji and WIPE$$$ I can only SH2L with the joystick, meaning that I can only do it in the same spot. I can't do it even with the Y because I jump and SH with the X button since the game came out. I rather L-cancel with the L and WD with the X,R. For smashes and the aerials(in exception of the Nair) I use the C-stick. I only use the Y button for the DJC combo(ironic)lol.

I use the SH2L when the character is too far away from coming back and then I edgegaurd.

Since I always use the WD,shuffling,chaingrabs etc...I can't decide who could be my 2nd character.

Happy San Valentines Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!(hablando the tiburones, yo estoy mas salao' q. un culo the tiburon.....reva) {reva=Reirse En Voz Alta}

..............................later

College board this saturday N :cry: !

Hey you should be hapy about the college board.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
OK.... Its that time again. Rum & Smash 2 is just around the corner.

Im in the process of reserving the wonderful anex just like last time and I would like to ask when is the most comfortable date for R&S2. I was aiming (and planning) for March 18, however I would to have this tourney at a date that everybody can come (including Comp, if he even is coming to PR). If nobody speaks up, then its on March 18. If not then I believe that March 25 would be also a good date. Please post your feedback before the end of the week.

Now with that out of the way I would like to ceremoniosly begin the beggin'. I will need a list of people that will be participating on R&S2. Also I would like to start asking for equipment such as TV's, Cubes and SSBM's. Any contribution would greatly appreciated.

Now for some details....
R&S2
Single and Doubles double elimination tournament with modified MLG ruleset. (probably no Rainbow Cruise)
4 stock 8 minute matches.. 2/3
BYOC
Cash Prizes ;) to be divided by top three finishers.

Well that's all for now I guess so please post your feedback.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
You know you can always count me for a cube and attendance. I say 18th is the way to go.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
well zyko, all i can say is switch to using y, think of a new strategy, or just forget it altogether. other than that there really isnt anything else you can do except program a macro, but using those controllers is cheap :ohwell:

if you decide on switching to y, try it out on 1/4 speed untill you can do it to the point where you can beat a cpu on jump and attack mode. then go to 1/2, 2/3, etc.

and next time, i wouldnt reveal any of my strategies to anyone. :lick:

*check your pms
edit: your box is full>_<

Eval

Smash Journeyman
You can count on my TV and cube combo (thats cube+smsah+memory card) and a vcr... Lets just hope that more are set up in this tourney...

Xyhthyx

Smash Journeyman
I'm for R&S2 on March 18 or 25, either one I'm going. But maybe for some from the east would have trouble coming to two tourneys (Isabela and R&S2) so close together, so the 25th might be good too. Count on my cube.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
WIPE$$$=I emptied the box.(sorry for taking so much time to do it. I just forget)
I don't think people would care/mind about my button play.(At least I wouldn't)

Gamemaniac=Your new school has brainwashed you lol.

Mizu=Can't any of these tourneys be in the area Metro?
I can't say about the GC 'cause I don't even know if I'm going.(****)

..........................later

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Hey , is anybody from Bayamon going to the smashfest being held the 18th if so can anybody give me a ride so as not to take the bus. I can help with the gasoline too ^^ some of it though. My MSN is soulrenewer20@yahoo.com just in case you are interested in taking me.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
@zyko you'd be surprised what little info can reveal about your playing style.
did you get my pms. did you do it on your own. and write out the steps if you did, make sure you have it handy but dont tell me what you got.

Boricua316

Smash Apprentice
Cant say that i have... havnt played with anyone from the UPR... want to play sometime???? i live right next to the university (5 min) :D

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
I mean at the Intel, there a guy who uses Peach and is a d-smash *****, the other is wears glasses and uses Samus

EDIT: I live even closer to the UPR than you lol

I found out my neighbor tried to talk to you on messenger, he doesn't have shame :p

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
I found transportation to Aguadilla but they are going to leave me at plaxa aguadilla or a mall , I guess. So if anybody could pick me up I would really appreciate it if you have shortage on gas I would gladly pay it.

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Essence_of_the_Gods said:
I study at the UPR of Bayamon, do you by any chance know Abner or Yamil from my uni?

Or probably Ismael (JOE % he uses Peach and Luigi ) or Eduardo ( EDDY he uses Samus and Jiggly)
Is this Abner you're talking about coincidentially a fox user? Is his last name Rivera?

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
@ laser kirby: No, he uses Capt Falcon as his main.

So I played with boricua316 and he has a nice grab game, but should try to improve on comboing without them, seeing as his main is Shiek then grabs are the forte. My neighbor made a fool of himself saying that he could beat me easily and did not come close to it.

Mario and Bowser for the win!!!!

Nice matches boricua :)

SphyNx115

Smash Rookie
Do anyone here know if there r gon b ne tournaments in NYC, if u do just post back here or send me a private message or something, ok?, well, thnx, lataz, ~1~

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
SphyNx115 said:
Do anyone here know if there r gon b ne tournaments in NYC, if u do just post back here or send me a private message or something, ok?, well, thnx, lataz, ~1~
yes there is gonna be one on March 11th in manhattan ill give you train info if you need it...nyc hosts the most tournys BTW.

if you want to see more nyc tournyz go into "touranment discussion" and you will see nyc(usa) tournyz

Handsome Comp is comin 2 puerto rico...when is the tourny....EXACT DATES is what I need. also who am i stayin with....and how long can I stay for? and I wanna go clubbin or somethin! ive heard Lord is 21 yrs old....LETS GET HANDSOME COMP INFO PLEASE!

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Handsome Comp:

Im in the process of reserving the site. March 25 is the most I can give now. Give me at least 2 more days until I get confirmation. Talk to HDL for housing as he already offered. If he can't provide then I'll work something out. Clubbing? Um, Mayaguez (where the tournament will be hosted) is frikkin deserted at weekends so we'll have to go to San Juan or Ponce (San Juan is better but Ponce is less than half the ride...) and you get to choose.

Later.

SphyNx115

Smash Rookie

Can you tell me the directions to where these tournaments b bein held at, and the dates of which these tournaments bein held at, thanx...

Kmahhl

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys I haven't posted in a long time but...
My main chars are Marth and Sheik and I use some Peach and Ness for fun too.

If it wasn't for the College Board I would've attended the smash fest with Blazing but I'm
going to the tournament for sure next feb 25. And I would like to play some other Marth players to see how's the competition. So if anyone wants to just tell me and we'll meet there at the tourny.

Boricua316

Smash Apprentice
Hey friend

krazyzyko said:
Finally I found someone from PR listen everyone I am also looking for tournaments in PR
I have not found any tournaments either but if anybody thinks is hardcore (like me) and dares to challenge me feel free to send me an email or a message.

LOOKING FOR TOUGH SMASHERS IN PUERTO RICO SO WE CAN ALL GATHER UP A TOURNAMENT OURSELVES FOR A $ PRIZE!!!!!!!!!!

PUERTORICANS.... POST RIGHT HERE!!!!!

.....later

Yo man u looking for a game..... i got some "Hardcore" friends right now that want to play

my msn is picuca78@hotmail.com so we can scheduele an *** wooping for u :D:D:D

Top Bottom