• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~§~ Puerto Rico: Land of overlooked accomplishments ~§~

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the smash fest was fun thanks xyhthyx for hosting it.

i will go to the isabela tournament whit marx,kamahhl,Ath, i will practice this week like i have never before the only game i will play will be smash so i hope that in this week i improve a litle bit.

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
Uriel Vinellus said:
Yo , Blazing we gotta play this Friday or something see if ATH and you can come.
that sounds cool man let see if we can go and practice for the tournament i will let you know if i get a ride there or maybe ATH can take me there any ways hope to see you friday.

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Rum & Smash 2 is being planned for March 25th.... Sorry i cant talk more but I gotta bolt. Thank you GJ being just plain awesome.... Later.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Tournament is in 4 days. You didn’t show for the smashfest Bubbleman, what happened there?

Remember to be there by 11. Which means try to come before that time. Singles being delayed means no crew battles. If any of you are able to contribute TVs and cubes it would increase the chances we’ll have time for crew battles.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
gettin ready to buy tickets; jus need a lil more info....1 i spoke to lord yestaday (2-20-06) says he will look into the housing situation...

2. can i rent a car with a NJ license...i ask only because i know PR is part of the US but still this is an "international flight"....silly question to some...important to others (ME!!)...

3. how many people will attend this event? this may have been answered earlier but since I'm handsome Comp I can ask now and expect an answer soon.(TODAY) lolz

4. how long will i have to travel to find the sexy PR women?...who wants to find some sexy PR women with me?...who wants to get drunk with me? and I want 2 bring back bottles of bacardi with me....

PROVIDE ME WITH INFO PEOPLE...I MAY EVEN BRING WES ALONG SO WE CAN WIN TEAMS!

Dojima

Smash Ace
Enycecricket said:
gettin ready to buy tickets; jus need a lil more info....1 i spoke to lord yestaday (2-20-06) says he will look into the housing situation...

2. can i rent a car with a NJ license...i ask only because i know PR is part of the US but still this is an "international flight"....silly question to some...important to others (ME!!)...

3. how many people will attend this event? this may have been answered earlier but since I'm handsome Comp I can ask now and expect an answer soon.(TODAY) lolz

4. how long will i have to travel to find the sexy PR women?...who wants to find some sexy PR women with me?...who wants to get drunk with me? and I want 2 bring back bottles of bacardi with me....
First, Yes I belive you can rent a car with the NJ license, you can with the NY one.
Counting all the new contacts that we have made, I guess the attendance would be close to 50 people, you never know.
Good luck with finding women, bring plenty of money.
Bacardi is not the best rum, buy Don Q, tastes better plus is actually from Puerto Rico.

xAoS

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure you have to be 25 to rent a car, plus you need a credit card. So if you qualify for both, then you should have no problem.

Bacardi is not the best rum, buy Don Q, tastes better plus is actually from Puerto Rico.
Don Q is a bit better, yet slightly more expensive. Besides, Bacardi (I recommend Gold) is also from PR, haven't you ever been to the Bacardi factory?

Also, Click me for free alcohol!

Dojima

Smash Ace
xAoS said:
Don Q is a bit better, yet slightly more expensive. Besides, Bacardi (I recommend Gold) is also from PR, haven't you ever been to the Bacardi factory?
Bacardi came from the Dominican Republic, just cause they make it here now it doesn't mean that is a Puertorrican Rum.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
The ruleset:

1. If a player doesn't show up on time for their match, they will be given a 5 minute grace period before it will go down as a forfeit.
2. In the case of a GameCube/TV malfunction, the game will be restarted from the beginning, no matter what time it crashed.
3. All decisions made by tournament officials are final.
4. Players must conduct themselves in a reasonable manner. Permanent ejection of a player from the tournament is at the staff's discretion.
5. Spectators may not communicate with a player while he or she is competing. Breaking of this rule will result in ejection of the spectator and forfeit of the game.
6. Any intentional forfeiting or conspiring to manipulate the rankings/brackets will result in ejection and possible suspension from future tournaments.
7. Any other sign of cheating will also result in forfeit of the game.

Controllers

1. You are responsible for bringing your own controller.
2. Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. Tournament staff may randomly inspect any controller at their discretion. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
3. Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

Tournament Rules

1. The singles format will be round robin ending in a single elimination bracket.
2. All matches are best of 3 except for the Finals (best of 5).
3. Lives will be set at 4 stock with an 8 minute time limit.
4. Ties will be broken by stock left and then by percentage of health. Sudden death will be played if both the stock and percentage are tied at the end of the time limit.
5. Items will be turned off.

Stages & Character Select

1. The first round stage is selected by random.
2. Random Select Stages - Final Destination, Battlefield, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Dream Land, & Pokemon Stadium.
3. Stages Banned - Hyrule Temple, Fourside, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Big Blue, Termina Bay and Yoshi's Island 64.
4. Stages not listed on the random select list, that are not banned, are open for counter picks by the losing player.
5. “Dave's Stupid Rule” - no stage can be used twice in a single match, whether by random select or by picking.
6. Knock-out - after initial characters have been selected and only before the first match is played, each person may knock off one stage from the available tournament stages. That stage will be turned off for the entire set.
7. Advanced Slob Picks - the loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then the winner may change characters, and then the loser may change characters.
8. Double-Blind Pick - at the beginning of a match, any player may call for a double-blind pick. This means that all participating players tell a judge their character secretly and are required to use that character for the first game.

Other Rules & Special Issues

1. Any unnecessary pausing of the game will result in a forfeit of that single game.
2. Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the game or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned and will result in the immediate forfeit of the entire match.
3. Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to maneuver around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. If by using one of these tactics, you have put your character in a place to lose a stock by ending the tactic, a judge may force you to stop the tactic and lose a stock.

Match Format

1. Each player chooses a seat and controller port. If both players want the same controller port, a judge will select the ports players use.
2. Players then choose their character and have 30 seconds to do so. If any player does not select their character at the end of 30 seconds or if any player calls for it, a double blind pick will be used. Once a player has placed their coin on a character’s image to select it, they may not change characters.
3. Once characters have been selected the highest player in the highest controller port position may press start to go to the level select screen. Once on the level select screen, each player may choose their stages to knock-out (see Stages & Character Select rule #6) and then select a stage at random. Any arguing over stages will be interrupted by the judges and random stage select will be used.
4. Players play their first match.
5. Once they have returned to the character select screen, the losing player from the previous match must announce their choice for the next level or elect to have the next level selected at random.
6. If the winning player wins again, he wins the set and must report the score to a judge. If the losing player from the previous match wins, repeat #5 (above) and play the third match. Winner of the third match must report the score to a judge. Judges may be watching the set to ensure that the one who lost does not lie and say he/she won. If necessary witnesses will be questioned.

It’s basically the MLG ruleset but modified a bit.

About housing I’ll speak to you a bit more on that over AIM. Staying at my house is the best bet because of this apartment we got but there are some conditions involved. Also if you stay at my house there’s a beach 5 minutes away. There solves your women hunt.

xAoS

Smash Cadet
Bacardi came from the Dominican Republic, just cause they make it here now it doesn't mean that is a Puertorrican Rum.
That's very true, and not many people know that. But, considering the fact that the factory moved to PR many years ago (it's even a tourist attraction), the people who work there are Puertoriccans, and, more importantly, the bottle states that it's made in PR, well, I consider it then a Puertoriccan rum. Their may be some bias in us as well about Don Q, considering it's made in Ponce and Doji and I are from Ponce, and it really does taste better. EXCEPT the 151, I can't stand the Gold Don Q 151. If your insane like I used to be and wanna try a liquor that's 75.5% alcohol, go for the Bacardi 151, not Don Q. That's my opinion anyways...

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
Laser_kirby_007 said:
Is his last name Rivera?
theres a lot of people with the last name rivera>_<

johnny walker is not that bad either when it comes to alchoholic beverages in general, but bacardi is the best.

@ nyccricket: you could go to caguas.lol

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
WIPE$$$ said:
theres a lot of people with the last name rivera>_<

johnny walker is not that bad either when it comes to alchoholic beverages in general, but bacardi is the best.

@ nyccricket: you could go to caguas.lol

yeah XD, but there's not much people named abner studying in the upr bayamon... As far as I know...

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
Laser_kirby_007 said:
yeah XD, but there's not much people named abner studying in the upr bayamon... As far as I know...
lol yeah. but saying rivera is like saying diaz or sanchez or rodriguez. and in english its like smith and johnson. my mom is a rivera and she has family members that know other riveras that arent related. but then, we are all related for we are the children of adam and eve. :)

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
Dojima said:
That's not true, man. Bacardi was founded by Facundo Bacardi in Santiago de Cuba. The Dominican Republic has pretty much nothing to do with Bacardi, except obviously for purchasing it.

Anyway, for a Smash: Binge and Purge type of event, it is clear at least to me that many bottles of Jager are all you need, and maybe a couple coolers full of ice cold Guinness to help wash it all down. Man would that be great. Does anyone know where I can get Guinness in el area oeste? Sam's Club?

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Lord HDL said:
Tournament is in 4 days. You didn’t show for the smashfest Bubbleman, what happened there?

Remember to be there by 11. Which means try to come before that time. Singles being delayed means no crew battles. If any of you are able to contribute TVs and cubes it would increase the chances we’ll have time for crew battles.
because I didn't know the date neither town or place, but my main sight right now is for the tournament, 3 more days!

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Enycecricket-

4.I love women and hate to drink alcohol.

Do you like dogging? Dancing could be a great way of meeting women and getting close to them with your"body language".(salsa,merengue,Perreo,hip-hop,boleros,etc)

Carisma and Patience are the key......Hard to get=Puertorrican("La isla del encanto")

Ya'll=I would not be able to go to the tourney...AGAIN!(school project and lack of transportation)
I hope you guys have fun without me....AGAIN!
And Kick "S".....AGAIN!

B4K4,Uriel,Jandro and Gravekeeper... I miss smashing with you guys, Im' tired of whooping the CPU,my cousins and classmates lol. Plus Im' starting to use the word "LOL" in my vocabulary...and it feels kinda weird. Ima call you guys on March to see if we can smash some day.(Im' too busy this month:()

.....................................later......AGAIN!

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
hdl: would the link super jump glitch be allowed in this style tourney(or any)

maximuspita

Smash Ace
Wipe: Link superjumping is considered as a deliberate stalling move just like Jigg's upwards pound and Peach's Bomber (both are fine for recovery sakes) so I would take a wild guess and say no.

Ok Rum & Smash 2 is going to be hosted at March 25 in Mayaguez. As for the women, again good luck. After all, they are Puerto Rican and are hesitant to mingle with other Puerto Ricans.... go figure.

Drinks? I'll drink anything, just ask Xaos.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
krazyzyko said:
WIPE$$$; lol at Waluigi's thing.

Does anyone like to play at Battlefield?
(everyone I know hates it including myself)

....................later
thats my favorite. then its:
2.final destination
3.corneria
4.kirby 64
5. rainbow ride(reminds me of family guy with the chicken:chuckle: )
im glad someone saw the waluigi thing. that site is messed up.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
maximuspita said:
Wipe: Link superjumping is considered as a deliberate stalling move just like Jigg's upwards pound and Peach's Bomber (both are fine for recovery sakes) so I would take a wild guess and say no.

Ok Rum & Smash 2 is going to be hosted at March 25 in Mayaguez. As for the women, again good luck. After all, they are Puerto Rican and are hesitant to mingle with other Puerto Ricans.... go figure.

Drinks? I'll drink anything, just ask Xaos.
then that would mean that bomb recovering is also allowed as long as you dont stall. ok i get it

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
krazyzyko said:
Enycecricket-
Do you like dogging? Dancing could be a great way of meeting women and getting close to them with your"body language".(salsa,merengue,Perreo,hip-hop,boleros,etc)

.....................................later......AGAIN!
dogging XD. thats gotta be the best translation yet. ive heard dog dance, puerto rican doggy style, even el perrito. everyone who dont know what that means thinks its sex moves XD
:rotfl: :joyful: :laugh:

masschaosde

Smash Apprentice
haha lol at the waluigi thing.... And **** it I can't go to the tournament for I've got some competitions I've gotta attend. some swimming comps, which I can't miss out for I'm obligated to go. that simply purely sucks.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Only some hours left, I'll go train, and solve my "ride" problems, since I haven't gotten someone to take me there, but I'll be bound to find someone today.

by the way, if a small number of people come, does the tournament gets canceled or pushed back to some other date?(I doubt that few people'll come)

Uriel Vinellus

Smash Ace
Don't worry there is enough people from Mayaguez already. Count a few from the East and your done. I wish you good luck Bubbleman hope you can train enough to get to finals. ^^.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
Let me explain directions again for the last minute. Plaza Isabela (where Wal-mart and other stores are) is right on the #2. If you’re coming from the west (Aguadilla, Mayaguez, etc.) you want to make a left at the light before the light next to Plaza Isabela. The route you want to take is the 112. If you’re coming from the east you want to pass by Plaza Isabela. On the right side you’ll see a school, muebleria, and a Chinese restaurant on the corner. You make a right there (the 112) and keep going straight. When you see the Texaco gas station on the right side make a left (the street before the station, not after it). Once in that street you will see a house on the right and another building next to it with a Smash Bros. banner on it.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
I cannot be any more angrier... yesterday, Dad told me he would take me to Isabela, right? but when mom came from work, she started discuting with me and dad, I called forth all the saints and crap and then she said "... and you won't go to Isabela tomorrow". I called the saints again and lost my laptop for some hours, I was almost going to cry, training all month and then in the last day she f***s it all up for me... Anyways, congrats or good luck to those in play(if any right now). I was going to wear a Megaman shirt or a Triforce shirt I brought from NintendoWorld, so no one could have impersonated me there.

HDL

I like pork chops.
BRoomer
What do you mean by “the saints”? Also this is something you have to tell your parents way ahead of time, not the day before.

And I really doubt anyone would want to impersonate you.

Blazing

Smash Apprentice
well the tournament was great i got owned lol but still made it to the quarteifinals

congratulations to lord HDL for wining it and kiking my *** in the firstquarterfinals match

congrtats to Joe%you got second good job

congrtats to EVIL for wining third place and kiking the hell out of mi link, oh and for the game cube controller too

and finally congratulations to EVAL for wining the magic pencil i so envy you :cry: :cry:

Essence_of_the_Gods

Smash Journeyman
Yay me, I didn't get to go because of a higher priority situation :(

Ismael (aka JOE%) called me last night saying he got 2nd place, congrats to him :) . He told me that HDL pulled off some cool bomb recoveries and that Eddy also finished within the top 5 spots. I would like to see just how he fared in the final matches so you know i'm looking forward to the vids.

Oh and something strange, he said that even though he got second he still grabbed the first prize ?!?!?!?!?!

EDIT: dogging (perreo) LOL. Please don't translate so "correctly"

Laser_kirby_007

Smash Apprentice
Bubbleman_Nsider said:
I was going to wear a Megaman shirt or a Triforce shirt I brought from NintendoWorld, so no one could have impersonated me there.
I have a smash T-shirt and a smash cap. :chuckle:

I had to leave at 4 o' clock but I got a chance to play some dudes at my own level, like ATH who gave me a really close match (I won the second battle only). And I got a chance to play HDL, who owned me anyway :lick: . Congrats to the winners.

Bubbleman_Nsider

Smash Ace
NNID
Bubbleman
3DS FC
1075-0749-7452
Lord HDL said:
What do you mean by “the saints”? Also this is something you have to tell your parents way ahead of time, not the day before.

And I really doubt anyone would want to impersonate you.
I had told them about it since it was announced, and by saints I mean when you... err..
start cursing everything.

WIPE$$$

Smash Journeyman
Lord HDL said:
I really doubt anyone would want to impersonate you.
according to dojima, someone used my name (who i doubt said it right)in boca raton and in nsider forums, ive met people who say their name is LordHLD (they spelled it exactly like that), the germ, and other people. :psycho:
and one the germ one, the guy said in the title "proof that i could school you all with link" and posted a hyperlink of hylian nightmare. of course everyone caught on, but the point is that there's many people out their who have a low self-esteem.

PopeOfChiliTown

Smash Ace
I think he meant no one would want to impersonate Bubbleman in particular.

I had a good time at the tournament and played some good dudes. I had a victory against EDDY in round robin almost sealed up but I missed a dthrow->usmash which probably caused me the game. If I'd have won maybe it would have been me in the top 5... maybe. That was the loss that hurt the most since I came so close to winning and against a good Samus which usually destroys my ICs. I'm now hinging on getting a secondary so that I can play against Peach, which will probably help me go further at tourneys.

I wanted to play your Link at least once HDL, but you were busy playing someone else all the time, or you left or whatever. I saw some crazy *** shine combos you did on some guys and some chain grabs on some Falco that I nearly keeled over laughing from. Good stuff.

joe%

Smash Apprentice
hey

hey this is JOE% give me ur msn so we can talk about this :laugh:

Top Bottom