• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS Stage Discussion

noradseven

Smash Lord
Interestingly enough, I disagree with Phoot on a lot of things about what makes a stage good. The main things I look for in stages are:

Things that force opponents into the air.

Close blast zones (especially off the top). On FD, we'll die at 110 anyways, whereas playing snake he can live to 150, often higher. Close blast zones means everyone's in kill range by 110. The exception to this is MK, since he can get random SL kills even at absurdly low percents, but this never happens on FD and he can have a difficult time killing without those.

Things that help us deal with camping (platforms, slopes)

Anything that can give us added gimicks (walk off CGs, wall jumps and attacking under stage for ex.)

With that, these are ordered within tiers too:

Top:

Norfair
RC
Brinstar: seriously more people need to use this stage, it's really really good for us.
BF

High:

PS1
Lylat
Siege: I'm thinking this could be really good against campers (besides ROB) because the slopes and statues nullify projectiles on every transformation.
Halberd: Nice big, mostly flat, stage, but with closeish blastzones. I need to play this one more to see how I like it.

Neutral:

FD (very matchup dependent)

Delfino

Sucky: None of these are really that aweful for us, maybe Japes. The problem is that they force us to change our playstyles. IMO ZSS has no aweful stages.

Yoshi's
SV
Japes
I agree entirely with this chart, the bottom are a pain because of how much you have to change your style.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
Wait, 110 on FD with the huge blast zones? Nah, she lives to 150 on FD easily.
That depends. Are you fighting Samus or Snake?

I'll throw in some stuff to Zero_'s thing.

OK ZSS collective conscious, this is a thread we really should be maintaining. Our metagame has been advancing forward fairly well in the past month and a bit, but compared to other boards, we're pretty lousy, mostly due to the small size of our community. Our matchup thread is probably the most underdeveloped on these boards, and our stage discussion, well, yeah. So instead of a new thread, how about we create a new stage ranking list? I'll start.

Advantageous
  • Rainbow Cruise - Just ask Snakeee, I think he's written a guidepost about it somewhere.
  • Battlefield - Platforms do us well, stage size works well for survival and it doesn't particularly hinder fresh kill moves. I like her juggling here and that her whip makes platform abuse easy.
  • Final Destination - Plenty of space for spacing, against character who are both slower than you and have no projectiles, your strong spacing game should totally stonewall them.
  • Lylat Cruise - Tether recovery is very reliable despite the ship's leaning. She doesn't have any flaw here where a lot of characters fail. In fact, if you know the stage well, the leaning works in her favor with Side B spacing becoming hard to get around.

Borderline
  • Halberd - Ceiling height works both to our disadvantage and our advantage.
  • Brinstar - Technically ungimpable on this stage, however at the cost of damage that we usually cannot afford to lose, and even moreso on this stage, due to it's tiny size, both horizontally and vertically. It works very well for us, allows us plenty of stage control and the tendrils allow for fresh kill moves. I expect this to be one of the more discussed stages. ZSS doesn't have to worry about being gimped if you use her properly. Its the fact that WE can't gimp others here with the lava present.
  • Delfino Plaza - Saving your second boost jump and flipjump can keep you out of trouble, water cancelling can work for safely when above opponent, constant walkoffs are potentially fatal for a dashlocked opponent/grab released Meta Knight. wide edges in many parts of the stage are a serious detriment to our kill ability, however assist our horizontal survivability.
  • Castle Siege - really not sure, same for most of Delfino, except walkoffs are more constant.Again, her tether recovery really shines here. In the Dungeon the stage tilts and the sides are pretty far out. I don't generally play this level so that's all i can add in.
  • Pictochat she can use the Side B through drawings and her jumping and aerials and DI are good for avoiding the constant hazards. I wouldn't say this is Advantageous because the offedge game is a little iffy with the edge dips. Those could possibly be useful in Dsmashing recoveries better. I don't generally pick this stage so idk just ideas here.
    [*]Norfair is good. She can tether onto several areas and bair edge guard with that. Side B spacing works well too.

Neutral
  • ??? Smashville is too neutral to not be neutral.
    [*]PS1 and PS2 are rather balanced for her.
    [*]Yoshi's Island Brawl maybe?

Borderline Disadvantageous
  • Smashville - I think that the stage is much too small, the platform gets in the way often.
  • Yoshi's Island Brawl - Same as for Smashville, except for more small and more platform. I think this could be moved to neutral. She doesn't have any cons here that aren't balanced with a pro. Unless you are against Ike, who is too good when it comes to early kills.

Disadvantageous
  • Japes...>_>
Edit: O wait................. japes....................... >_> That level is bad no matter what character I pick.

ohaiduhg

Smash Lord
I beat it the last two sets when I played him though
:O

So anyways, neutral stages include Smashville?

Idea: Let's vote on the stages out of 5 then round the scores to put the stage picks in ranks? We all have different minds and that way seems the easiest.

Top Bottom