• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZSS General Discussion

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I need to learn how to downB vs Meta's nado :/

Overall, rust is getting to me. I have some matches vs Mr R recorded where I get the ****, prepare to critique me! <3

Tesh

Smash Hero
EXE I think what you were talking about will work. Since boost jumping and boost double jumping from BF platform height will let you land laglessly on the main stage, I'm pretty sure footstooling will take you high enough.

Ofcourse she probably won't be able to do other things before she lands like Sonic can.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
ooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh I'm a ghost thanks Tesh not sure if Dakpo gets me yet but anyways I will try your method didn't think about it.

@Papa Mink you know you have again mentioned another thing that I used to do back in 2007 when I was more into this game thanks for responding now Marth's shall have some trouble with me.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
Lol I dropped a 2007 well w/e I'm not gonna correct myself try and prevent myself from looking stupid or what not meh you guys helped with that MEGUSTA.jpg

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
I was watching my own videos and noticed that I have a really bad punishing game. I miss stupid things because my fingers don't always listen. Rust or whatever it is, I need to get rid of it. Will start uploading vids soon.

.EXE

Smash Apprentice
What moves do you guys usually use in the olimar Mu? Or rather how do you guys play him?

I find that aside from spacing as long as don't get in the air I'm usually fine as for my opponent reading a landing. Other than that I only jump to kill pikmin that are on me and retreat when doing it sometimes.

Any advice? I have been playing mass effect for quite sometime now.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Stay grounded, get him in the air so he can get *****, your throws should be dthrow most of the time, dash attack past Olimar (harder to get punished), dash grab him if he's just throwing pikmin without moving around much, keep pressuring Olimar, destroy blues and purples, destroy whites at low%, gimp him when he's offstage, and use jab often when you get in close range.

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Watched Salem against Atomsk.
I have the feeling Salem is still improving, he's the one who knows ZSS at her best by far.

Too bad he lost to Dabuz, because he lost momentum after camping his stock lead. Mayb it's the best trying to keep pressure all the time against this little piece of ****

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
So, you watched Atomsk decide to not camp for two stocks game 3? Pro.

:phone:
Independent from Atomsk's stupid decision playing european :awesome: in the end, i liked Salem's gimmicks, using of suit armor and more a lot. So where is the problem with that?

quiKsilverItaly

Smash Journeyman
Why so mad?

Salem tried exactly the same thing against Dabuz on Halberd. But he was just chilling with his pikmin like a boss waiting for him xD But it's definitely worth for a try.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Salem surprised me at COT6 but he still needs to ****ing learn to ****ing follow up on his dsmashes properly. Like **** dude

You can't expect people to seriously consider you the best ZSS when you do things like dsmash x1 --> 2nd hit fair or dsmash x1--> bair at low percents. fhreioyfnhuoif

Tesh

Smash Hero
i lold @ dsmasg to fottstool to dair on stage. seems kind of silly

loved his ftilt trip on atomsk's last stock, i never see ftilt

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Just speculating on this but maybe if you hit with ONLY the sourspot on dsmash x2 --> footstool --> dair and you time it right you force a get-up, which leads to more dsmashes?

Is that what Salem was going for? Or is he just trying to be flashy -_-

Tesh

Smash Hero
Dair can jab lock? The knockback is so vertical though... I've never seen it not lift people off the ground.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Footstool after they pop out of the dsmash and then hit them with the dair as soon as they hit the ground. If you hit with the sourspot then I think it forces a getup, but if you hit with the sweetspot they'll pop up and..that's not very good at all.

Salem

Smash Champion
I actually do that with dair because it forces people to the ledge / sends them horizontal, not only that but it makes people slide all over the ground if done a specific way, that and I can make easier reads off it if I make it fully connect as it sends them in a perfect spot in the air IF they just so happen to airdodge for no reason like they usually do, oddly.

It's my 08 tactic and it works, okay.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
lol dair.... at least its not as bad as staling bair with downsmash combos that have no chance of killing. I agree with v115, Salem you need to work on your Down smash combos. You could get so much more damage!

Also, stop dash attacking olimar's shield! And fantastic job at CoT6, your incredibly fun to watch :)

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
You know what's awesome?

Dsmash x4 --> DAL --> utilt. I swear I've done like 76% a few times with that just a couple of days ago XD (starting from 0)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm gonna be mad if ZSS winds up like ICs but with a much better recovery and 10 times safer fishing for 0-deaths.

BioDG

Smash Ace
lol dsmashx4 actually works at 0? I thought it would be impossible since the stun ends after 2 dsmashes in normal cases including low %s.

Not at my wii, so...I'll have to check it out later I guess.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
It works on characters that fall quickly (spacies, Sheik, Ike, Falcon, Snake, probably Pikachu..you get the idea, fast-fallers) and you can also use it as a mixup after dsmash x2 and it might just catch your opponent cause they weren't expecting it.

Pretty sure I've done it to MK and Oli a few times, though I'm like 99% sure it isn't a true combo on them.

Top Bottom