• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda ZNews - ZWii confirmed for E3

Spire

III
BRoomer
New Zelda Wii Information Leaked?

POTENTIALLY BIG BIG BIG NEWS

Hold your breath, as this is simply a rumor, but read on:

Zelda Wii is most likely the next installment in the series, and estimates say it should be out either this year or next. While Nintendo has done a great job at not leaking really anything concrete about the game itself... rumors are still rearing their head. Now, normally I wouldn't post about a rumor because most the time it's just that, however there is some reason to believe the rumors we have inside. They come from a popular japanese message board called 2chan, which is somewhat similar in style to our english based 4chan. What is interesting about rumors at this Japanese site is more often then not they turn out to be true. Not willing to believe that? Well lets look at what 2Chan has leaked over the years that turned out to be true.

First off, they were the first people to break the news and story for every single Kingdom Hearts game ever made, long before it was publicly released. They released all the news for Metal Gear Solid 4, Resident Evil 4 and 5, and pretty much every Square Enix RPG ever made. Interestingly enough, back in 2003, they also broke The Wind Waker's story roughly two months before release, and no, prerelease copies were apparently not out yet stateside. So the question needs to be asked: If the community there has been right so many times with rumors, then why can't they be right this time around?
  • The game will be vary from the dungeon field dungeon method we are accustomed too (nothing new, Eiji Aonuma confirmed that last year).
  • You will be able to select right or left handed at the start, and Link will be left or right handed based on your selection
  • The gameplay and basic mechanics are complete.
  • They are currently polishing up the story and Characters.
  • One of the characters they are working on is a innkeeper in Link's home village who has a son that looks up to Link.
  • The girl in the art is not the Master Sword, and it appears the Master Sword will not be in the game.
  • The girls name from the painting could possibly be Adelle, Adella, or Aderu.
  • She is not with you throughout the game like Ezlo and Midna.
  • The face in the painting of her is not her real face. It's not fully elaborated on much, but it does say that it was a place holder concept art piece.(assuming the entire art itself was just concept work)
  • Link's sword is highly unique in this game, and will have several unlockable abilities. Adelle (or whatever her final name becomes) communicates with you through this sword.
  • There will be horseback combat. Epona will avoid obstacles automatically.
  • The models for 3 significant characters in the game have been touched up, but no they are not Zelda or Ganondorf. (google translate gives rough names of Link, Gorons, and Epona, but our translator said it's not specifically mentioned)
  • The idea of this version of Link also being The Hero of Time has been highly considered, and may already be implemented.
  • Time travel plays a roll in the game.
  • The game takes place in more then just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.

So there is a lot of stuff to digest there. Again, remember to always take this with a grain of salt, but the fact it comes from a place where so many other rumors turn out to be true does make you wonder. The Hero of Time's return could propose a sequel to Majora's Mask, meanwhile time travel returning makes since if it's the same character. Could also explain the statement last year from Nintendo that this is the oldest Link yet. The fact the game could also be more then Hyrule, or a new land all together, could play well into the follow up to Majora's Mask. If you recall, Link was on a journey to find a lost friend, presumably Navi, so who knows where that may have lead him.

One thing is for certain, Nintendo is definitely trying to give us something new by linking to something old. True or not, these rumors give us a lot to talk about, and most of them are highly probable in my mind. Thanks has to go out to our translating team, sharinganhero of ign for the initial discovery of the rumors, and to 2chan themselves for providing this information for us.
http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/01/new-zelda-wii-information-leaked.php

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
By the sound of it, I'm almost certain this features the adult Hero of Time after MM, and maybe child Link as well, since time travel is allowed. This is rather exciting; hopefully most of these are true.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I will be the happiest person alive if that is right again, and honestly wouldn't be surprised. 2ch really has gotten a lot right over the years (I'm sorry, but you just don't get lucky guesses with things like Kingdom Hearts) and this better be true.

And if it isn't, Nintendo needs to reboot Zelda Wii and make it exactly what was just described.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I love the idea of switching between right and left handed. That is just amazing. Still, I'm willing to bet, based on this information, that this occurs after MM as adult Link. There are several clues in the text: "# The idea of this version of Link also being The Hero of Time has been highly considered, and may already be implemented.
# Time travel plays a roll in the game.
# The game takes place in more then just Hyrule, and may possibly not be Hyrule at all.
" These are all hints that it takes place in this time period, because if Link can time travel, he must have the Ocarina of Time, and if it isn't in Hyrule but Link possesses the Ocarina, he must be in Termina.

Alzi

Smash Master
Could this potentially mean a new zelda game that is better then OOT and MM combined? :O

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to explore all of the OoT Hyrule (a lot bigger and more full of things than OoT of course) and you could also access the doorway to Termina in the woods, giving you both N64 worlds to explore. Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense narratively but still.

(speaking of, is the beginning of MM supposed to be The Lost Woods, or what?)

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Could this potentially mean a new zelda game that is better then OOT and MM combined? :O
We can only hope so. :) If it's the Hero of Time himself, and it has been in development for 5 years, I have a lot of confidence.

Wouldn't it be awesome to be able to explore all of the OoT Hyrule (a lot bigger and more full of things than OoT of course) and you could also access the doorway to Termina in the woods, giving you both N64 worlds to explore. Wouldn't make a whole lot of sense narratively but still.

(speaking of, is the beginning of MM supposed to be The Lost Woods, or what?)
That would be awesome! I doubt it's going to be much like that, though. Who knows?

The beginning of MM is somewhere in the Lost Woods, theoretically, that is inaccessible in OoT.

Alzi

Smash Master
It's just the fact that it's a sequel to Majoras Mask, Hero of time is in it, Time Travel.

The it will be so dam awesome. I will probally faint while buying it in stores.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
It's just the fact that it's a sequel to Majoras Mask, Hero of time is in it, Time Travel.

The it will be so dam awesome. I will probally faint while buying it in stores.
Not only that; I can't wait to see the graphics! I thought TP had amazing Wii graphics until I found out it was ported onto Wii from GC. Zelda Wii will have "real" Wii graphics. :)

I really hope the MM sequel rumor is true. Maybe this game can beat OoT?

finalark

SNORLAX
Before I start: http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/6/9/633801847724396865-flameshield.jpg

I see, so they're going back to the whole "time travel" and "hero of time" thing because after Ocarina all of the Zelda fans looked for reasons to not like any of later instalments (note that Majaora's Mask has is finally starting to get the respect that it deserves and that a good portion of Zelda fans seem to have gotten past the fact that the Wind Waker tried to do something different) so rather than do something new they might as well go back to the main theme of Time from Ocarina because we all know that Zelda fans will ***** if they try anything new. Hell, even when they go back and try to please the Zelda fans they still find something to ***** about *coughtwilightprincesswasagoodgamecough.* Now, here it looks like they're trying to stay on safe ground and do something different at the same time, not a bad choice. But because they're trying to do something different I'm sure that most LoZ fans will complain about it. After all, how dare they try and keep the series fresh by taking it in new directions!

(Note that I have no disire to offend anyone with the above post. I myself am a Zelda fan and the reasons for what was written above was so that I could vent my complaints about the Zelda fanbase. And this new game will be awesome, and better than all of the previous titles.)

Spire

III
BRoomer
...I just want these back :(

They were left out in TP
Well, they were included in Spirit Tracks and Phantom Hourglass, so they're not dead. I bet there's a chance they return in Zelda Wii, especially given that they're trying to make the biggest game in the series ever.

Spire

III
BRoomer
There were similar enemies in the Goron Mines, but I don't remember what they were called.
Aye, the Toadpolis. I wasn't too fond of them; felt they were out of place in the game until fighting the Deku Toad in the Lakebed Temple. It kind of helped explain their origins, and while water enemies are outlandish in a fire dungeon, I loved that the Goron Mines were primarily mines with the addition of fire. It really reminded me of the designs behind Snowhead Temple and Great Bay Temple, being very mechanically-engineered. There are a lot of things that I disliked about Twilight Princess, but the Goron Mines (and really, the whole Death Mountain/Kakariko area) were some of the best parts of the entire series.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I loved the new idea of the ghost-town Kakariko Village, but Death Mountain really wasn't very impressive to me. OoT's seemed so much more mountainous (Actually, the Zelda series has yet to introduce a beautiful, massive, impressive Death Mountain) and realistic, whereas TP's was basically walking through a narrow passageway and being launched upward by Gorons. The whole thing didn't even resemble a mountain in the slightest; it was more like a hilly, dusty area with the Goron Mines, and a mountain in the background that was never accessed. However, the Goron Mines was an awesome dungeon with stunning scenery. It seemed like most of TP's dungeons were just beautifully designed, especially Goron Mines, Arbiter's Grounds, Snowpeak Ruins, City in the Sky, Palace of Twilight, and most definitely Hyrule Castle.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I loved the western look that the Death Mountain area took on in TP. In OoT, DM felt like this ashen grey volcano - kind of typical, and the Gorons its dim inhabitants. But in TP, the Gorons felt like these strange rock people that resembled their wild western land (the whole Eldin province felt like the west, especially the Hidden Village just norh on the province's outskirts). Kakariko Village from TP is unmistakably my favorite settlement in the entire series, and while Death Mountain trail was really weak (seriously, the gas exhaust holes that provide no challenge to overcome whatsoever?), the area as a whole was extravagent. If you'd look at the surrounding scenery though, there are so many other mesas and desert mountaintops surrounding Kakariko that seem to expand for miles and miles, and if you'd travel to the westernmost part (on Wii, easternmost on GCN) of the Eldin field, you can see that Hyrule extends far beyond Zora's River that cuts the land. There really is so much more out there and Nintendo seems keen on making us want to see it. It's like a volcano in Arizona or New Mexico. That's so awesome.

My ideal Zelda world (because the world really is my biggest fancy) would be 1/4 based in Hyrule, including only the Death Mountain/Kakariko area, then the other 3/4 would expand into the outlying world where many more Goron tribes dwell. Oh, I've hit the creative nerve!

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The problem with your view on TP's Death Mountain area is, though, that since the GC version was the initial design, it wasn't supposed to represent a western Hyrule. The Gerudo Desert and its surrounding mesas and clay areas are much more fitting for the western Hyrule. To me, Kakariko Village and Death Mountain are like a dusty, mountainous, dry, barren land, and not so much of a desert. It looks to me like Kakariko Village been burned down or something, and then rebuilt.

I actually don't really like the fact that you can see so much outside of Hyrule in TP, but you can never visit it. In OoT, it was the complete opposite. You could view unreachable areas, and then come back and access them later, for instance: Forest Temple, Ice Cavern, Gerudo Valley (and the rest of the desert), or Death Mountain Crater. In TP, it was more like exploring the entire area, and then leaving. Furthermore, we were able to see most of Hyrule in twilight before exploring the actual areas, so it was like we knew what was there before exploring the "real" Hyrule.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The problem with your view on TP's Death Mountain area is, though, that since the GC version was the initial design, it wasn't supposed to represent a western Hyrule. The Gerudo Desert and its surrounding mesas and clay areas are much more fitting for the western Hyrule. To me, Kakariko Village and Death Mountain are like a dusty, mountainous, dry, barren land, and not so much of a desert. It looks to me like Kakariko Village been burned down or something, and then rebuilt.

I actually don't really like the fact that you can see so much outside of Hyrule in TP, but you can never visit it. In OoT, it was the complete opposite. You could view unreachable areas, and then come back and access them later, for instance: Forest Temple, Ice Cavern, Gerudo Valley (and the rest of the desert), or Death Mountain Crater. In TP, it was more like exploring the entire area, and then leaving. Furthermore, we were able to see most of Hyrule in twilight before exploring the actual areas, so it was like we knew what was there before exploring the "real" Hyrule.
Uh, no. By western, I meant like western American. In the Wii version, it was coincidentally alligned in such a way due to mirroring the canonical GCN version. The Death Mountain area in TP strongly represents southwestern US, the Gerudo Desert ever-so-slightly does in OoT. Though with the Arbiter's Grounds and the Spirit Temple, you think of places like Egypt so much more.

And while I did not completely like exploring Hyrule in Twilight before normally, Kakariko in Twilight was amazing. That area of the game was simply the best part of the entire game, and like I said, of the series for me. Perhaps it's because I live in Texas and consider the southwest US (including New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona) my home. Like I said before, I just love it.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Uh, no. By western, I meant like western American. In the Wii version, it was coincidentally alligned in such a way due to mirroring the canonical GCN version. The Death Mountain area in TP strongly represents southwestern US, the Gerudo Desert ever-so-slightly does in OoT. Though with the Arbiter's Grounds and the Spirit Temple, you think of places like Egypt so much more.

And while I did not completely like exploring Hyrule in Twilight before normally, Kakariko in Twilight was amazing. That area of the game was simply the best part of the entire game, and like I said, of the series for me. Perhaps it's because I live in Texas and consider the southwest US (including New Mexico, Colorado, and Arizona) my home. Like I said before, I just love it.
The Gerudo Valley/Fortress area has always made me wonder what it's like in southwest, with all of the deserts and mesas and such. I live in Georgia, where it's nothing but woods and fields, so I've never seen a desert in person my entire life. I think I'd call Gerudo Valley/Fortress my favorite area in the entire series.

LLDL

Smash Hero
lol adventuring in twilight princess was kind of dragging and annoying. You always knew where to go but it just takes long lol (JUST like wind waker)

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Gerudo Valley/Fortress area has always made me wonder what it's like in southwest, with all of the deserts and mesas and such. I live in Georgia, where it's nothing but woods and fields, so I've never seen a desert in person my entire life. I think I'd call Gerudo Valley/Fortress my favorite area in the entire series.
You need to take a trip to New Mexico. Its the most beautiful place in the world in my opinion. Right in the middle between Arizona, Colorado, and Texas. It's absolute gold.

All this geography-based discussion really has me wondering what the land will look like in Hyrule. They say that they're focusing on exploration and are designing the land to be larger and more expansive than ever seen before. They want this to be a true "adventure" game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
You need to take a trip to New Mexico. Its the most beautiful place in the world in my opinion. Right in the middle between Arizona, Colorado, and Texas. It's absolute gold.

All this geography-based discussion really has me wondering what the land will look like in Hyrule. They say that they're focusing on exploration and are designing the land to be larger and more expansive than ever seen before. They want this to be a true "adventure" game.
If those Zelda Wii rumors are true, it won't be completely in Hyrule, though, which makes me wonder even more what the overworld design will look like. If it's a MM sequel, will it include Termina? Or at least Clock Town?

I'd like to take a trip to New Mexico or Texas. I've spent my entire life in the eastern US.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I hear Louisiana is the happiest state in America. And since I live in #45 happiest state (Curse you Illinois!), I must make the voyage southward!

:mad088:

Anyways, yeah. Left handed.
I gotta take another trip to the north one day (I've been to NYC before, but that was it). Southern accents are worse than you would think, after living in south Georgia all of your life. :ohwell: ...Unless you go to Florida; people talk normally there.

But since they're changing the basic formula for Zelda Wii, I wonder if there will still be a forest, desert, a great lake, or a mountain like in most Zelda games? Or will there not be? If those are not featured, I'll be glad they changed it up, but I'll be disappointed that I don't get to see those types of areas in Zelda Wii graphics.

datsuke

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1177-6961-3675
lol adventuring in twilight princess was kind of dragging and annoying. You always knew where to go but it just takes long lol (JUST like wind waker)
Well Nintendo did change that in Phantom Hourglass. So instead of having to sit in front of the TV and watching Link sail across the ocean, I could walk away knowing that Link would sail to the correct place..(or come back with a game over screen from running into so many traps)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Too bad the rest of PH was junk. Nintendo could solve pretty much all of modern Zelda's problems just by giving us a packed overworld. Little rocks that we can blow that only lead to a portal to some rupees or a heart is better than nothing.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Too bad the rest of PH was junk. Nintendo could solve pretty much all of modern Zelda's problems just by giving us a packed overworld. Little rocks that we can blow that only lead to a portal to some rupees or a heart is better than nothing.
All the rocks in ST's overworld make riding around incredibly worthwhile. There could have been more dangerous foes though.

I love the flying elephants things though. I remember thinking, "haha wtf is this?" when I first encountered it, along with those small Goomba-looking creatures you may find on foot. They helped to make this feel like a new world and I'm thankful for 'em.

etecoon

Smash Hero
whatever positives PH has are irrelevant to me because the game was so awful that I could barely get into it at all on several attempts, I always quit one or two dungeons in :/

just started ST though and although I still hate the touch only control, I get a feeling playing it that this series hasn't given me since OoT/MM, very good

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Tripping out. Totally remember seeing that webpage in my dream last night. Awesome that we got a real life confirmation, though.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
METROID: OTHER M THIS SUMMER!! WOOOOOOT!! So that's at least 3 major titles this year, with S&P2 coming early next year. I wonder what they're going to call Zelda Wii?

comboking

Smash Master
OK E3

Miyamoto: I have invited an interesting guest today. Heres Sakurai

Crowd: Boo!

Sakurai: Tripping in Zelda? How about yes!

Iwata:NO!

Crowd: Wii HD?

Iwata and Reggie: NO!

Nintendo has a conference this month maybe we will get new info.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
rofl.

I think I heard somewhere that the next Nintendo system won't be a Wii followup, but it will be HD because they want to try and catch up with Sony and Microsoft. Personally I think they will put more motion control stuff with the DS, and make their next home console more of a powerhouse.

Top Bottom