• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Thanks everybody!

Tourney had a few quirks to it. The pools match were best of 2 matches and they kept track of stock taken/lost in case of ties. Top 2 went into a single elim bracket Bo5 set.

In bracket I beat Seibrik and 8bitman. I lost to Shaky lol. Went 0-4 against him but all matches were close.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
GF were streamed so they will show up at some point. 2 games with Sheik and 2 with Zelda.

The pools set with Seibrik is gonna show up as well since that was on stream but that was pretty much Sheik. The other stuff is likely lost which is lame since I went mostly Zelda this tourney.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice, I'm excited to see it!

I played P:M this weekend. Not sure what the developers are smoking... giving Diddy an unpunishable recovery. Snake has a freaking long-range tranquilizer that disables you for a free attack. I tried really hard to get into it but I can't. Like the others told me... P:M is more about dealing with bullcrap more than any other smash game.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
P:M is more about dealing with bullcrap more than any other smash game.
This phrase is something I will agree with.

When you want to make ALL characters good, AND unique, there's gonna be some weird BS. Like Charizards NAir. If it were on any other character, people would be screaming that the move be toned down. > _ > It also makes hell for Zelda in the MU.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol, I thought the same thing when I saw the character model. For a spin off of Dynasty Warriors it's okay but I'm glad that is not the next Zelda game's style.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Copying from PGD:

Added Kyo, Aleate, Fuu, and ZMaster1 already.
added. my pokemon ign is Selena. Might want visit the pokemon Wi-Fi thread in case you need a few pokemon or some items...

And i have ssb4 pre-ordered for 3ds. So I'll be able to battle anyone that has a 3ds here when it comes out

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
^ I see you!

& yeah I'll prob hit up the wifi thread at some point, although right now I'm training a team for Battle Maison. I want that gold trainer card. :mad:!!

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah good luck with that. the closest I've gotten was 49 (lost at 50). The trainers aren't tough but they keep getting lucky against me. And the vets and the chateleines use legendaries (the minor ones) if you haven't gotten that far yet..

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Gonna try to trick the AI and use this team:

Multiscale Dragonite @ Weakness Policy
Jolly
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe

- Dragon Claw
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Scrappy Kangashkan @ Kangaskhanite
Adamant
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe

- Fake Out
- Return
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

Water Absorb Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA

- Scald
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Still gotta finish the Kalos dex too, but that shouldn't be too hard. Esp since I breed a lot, so I can trade bred Pokes for pretty much anything on GTS. =X

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
No extreme speed on dragonite? Might run into problems with a WoW user if they start out with one. But they are a bit rare in the maison..
Lol IsmaR

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Iirc you did before but i had to get another 3ds because i broke the top screen because of maison rage and didn't transfer anything from my old 3ds to my new one losing all my data including everyone that i had added and forgot to mention it on this thread because of how little I've been to this thread.
Edit: lost my data because one of my family members took my 3ds before i could transfer anything and wiped the data..
Edit 2: tried the super triple and after a lose from loads of bs I'm sticking to the silver. The computers take all the good luck and leave me with the long sleep and flinch almost every turn

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'll be sure to add you next time I take out my 3ds :)

Quick question about Zelda... are Zelda's OoS options consistent with Melee's frame wise? I'm just wondering how effective OoS up smash is... in Melee it came OoS in 6 frames and the next quickest move was bair in 11 frames.

OoS up smash is great in Melee since it covers the area above and in front of Zelda at point blank, but is hindered by SDI which isn't a huge issue in Brawl. Of course, bair is great for those behind Zelda. Is a shield grab better than an OoS up smash?

Thoughts? (Yay for Zelda's first metagame talk in years)

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Quick question about Zelda... are Zelda's OoS options consistent with Melee's frame wise? I'm just wondering how effective OoS up smash is... in Melee it came OoS in 6 frames and the next quickest move was bair in 11 frames.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-great-fairy-fountain-research-thread.290399/
I don't know how many frames it takes Zelda to jump and those have to be added before any aerial. Bair from the air starts frame 5 so it's probably frame 11 OoS.
Usmash is Frame 6; it's good but if you miss the opponent has an easy Fsmash punish. Standing grab is frame 12, slow. Shield drop is 7 frames and Dsmash is frame 4 so shield drop Dsmash (11) is faster than grab. Shield drop Dtilt is frame 12, same as OoS grab.
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, lol.

IMO Zelda has a decent OoS game but it's not a 'broken' OoS game like some characters and that makes it mediocre.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I love power sheilding as sheik because she can be anywhere and punish anything.

Zelda gets tons out of it as well though. powersheild to walk to downtilt or downsmash is amazing. I maybe thinking of melee (or a dream?) here but I feel like Love (jump cancel your shield into it) worked in some cases? I know the invulnerability doesn't over lap with the hit box in brawl but I remember using it a lot to vary my land timings and trade or beat with certian recoverys and attacks.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I mean, you can totally love jump OoS which is hilarious at times lol but I get bashed in Nayru's so many times that I'm reluctant all the time about it. PS buffered Bairs, Dsmashes and Dtilts are delicious!

Sheik + Powersheild = LOLZ

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
Its off topic, but I use love when I'm landing and they are charging a smash or going in for a dash grab or something. so I can mix up the timing or trade in situations where I can't get a bair or fair.
I do the same thing with din's use it to avoid horizontal projectiles as I land and set up a zone so I can land safely. I wish I recorded more of my Zelda play back when I played with good people. It worked against my buddies back then, but I don't know how well It'd work against people if they actually knew what they were doing and had more experience against it. I do think Din's is really under used as a zoning tool in mid distances.

Also Lightning kicking someone's shield is the worst feeling in the world! If I could change only one thing for zelda in the next game it would be either increase sheild stun on Sweet LKs or no more freeze frame, lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You can't down or forward smash OoS because you either roll or spotdodge. To up smash out of shield, you need to cancel a jump first.

PS-ing a kick is the worst... Zelda just freezes there for a free punish.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Not necessarily. I usually am able to Cstick-Smash out of Shield relatively easily. I am just really careful about shield drops since I know a bad buffer equals a roller spotdodge.

Beyond: Two Fujins

Banned via Warnings
Ew even the Zelda boards are on the melee bandwagon
Smh Cour.

You poising our holy boards.

I only have Kyoko added on 3DS, I need Kayla and Cour and ZMaster1

Ed doesnt have a 3DS yet and I think Riot died

anyone else???

1392-5978-9049

Add me yall

I just noticed everyone has their codes in the profile

oop

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha, Melee is great. I really wish I played it sooner but I still love Brawl :( Had a Brawl Smashfest last weekend and I did better than ever against our top PRs winning more than I lost. Melee really does improve your Brawl game and vice versa although I do not know in what ways! (I will see about uploading but I don't think any Zelda games were recorded.) A Smash club is in the works at a university nearby and the leader is a Brawl player and I spoke about helping to deliver TVs. Hopefully Brawl can still hang in there until December!

I will have to try out the timing for OoS d/f smash. I overuse OoS up smash in Melee and it has sadly found its way into Brawl.

Big Melee tournament tomorrow, but I'm not going. Last time I went to an out of town tournament, I must have spent $75 on travel (I drove) and I drove 3 others and got back only $5. We also agreed to a winnings royalty which never happened. I felt totally used and was asked to drive again but I refuse to let what happened last time be repeated. It's a shame but I KNOW my Zelda has improved loads technically. I'll see what I can do at the next local event.

Example of up smash used OoS and against aerial approaching. Also included is how bad SDI/CC-ing makes it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tS4HBUJZcik

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
To sorta answer your question @ Alacion Alacion about the frames of OoS options in Brawl v Melee, the ONLY difference between any OoS options Zelda has is Usmash hits on frame 5 in melee, and frame 6 in Brawl. (Who ****ing know why Sakurai changed this...) Otherwise all her other attacks and grab hit on the same frame for both games.

EDIT: another 'nerf' for Usmash between Melee to Brawl is that it hits 11 times in Brawl, but 12 times in Melee. (And 13 times in P:M.) Thus it 'covered' her longer in Melee. (Let's be clear though, its hitboxes were sad sad sad, so you weren't really covered at all.)

Last edited:

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
shield drop takes longer in melee if memory serves. and most attacks have more shield stun in melee as well I think.

Also is the zelda main cosmo the same person as the speed runner cosmo? that'd be neat but I don't think it is.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
I do remember nuetral B out of sheild being one of my favorite options in melee because the invulnerability overlapped. so you could use it to beat out a lot of sheild presure. I don't know if you can CC or SDI out of it though because I don't think I was playing top level people when I was on Zelda, and it was like 4 or 5 years ago, lol.

(I just looked up the melee frame data and the invulnerability and hit box doesn't overlap like I thought it did.)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I will try that out tomorrow at a Melee Smashfest.

Though it seems everything gets through Nayru's...

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
its invincible frame 4 to frame 11 or 12. so think of it like a spot dodge with a hit box afterward.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
No Smashfest today...

I think Nayru's is so awful it's not really worth using x_x

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ That.

Melee version's edge hitboxes are PUNY, and it's got 99% of the same depressing data as Brawl. (Minus the whole super horrible "hits grounded opponents only" thingy. It does have intangibility 1 frame earlier, and its central hitbox is larger. Barwl gets Love Jump tho...)

I'm also disgusted by the fact Nayru doesn't cover all of her in Brawl like it does in Melee. Just...Why...

Top Bottom