• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
to each thier own.

I think I used it to counter committed jump ins. some one jumping at you with nair? naryus, you win. or to get out of shield pressure when LKs weren't an option. or to aid her in getting to the ground, you can use it to get past utilts, usmashes and other anti air moves and then punish them since zelda doesn't have any good hit boxes below her.

At least thats what I remember using it for in both games. (less so OOS in brawl) I'm not sure how well you can CC it in melee though.

Think of it like a counter that always sends out the hit box.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^True that.

To be honest, powershielding (which reflects) anything in existence is, especially against Falco, is pretty up there in satisfaction.

I am finally getting the hang of it thanks to http://smashboards.com/threads/the-...alt-stages-costumes-p2-action-toggles.351221/. I might not be able to consistently do it against barrages of projectiles but I am definitely gaining consistency in it. I am slowly beginning to WANT red horizontal lines instead of the opposite :)

Nayru's looks like it is only used against projectile spam when your shield is too low to powershield... Only Din's and dair are used less I think x_x

I am so inspired to learn patience and powershielding like: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WzKU3ONCOyo.

Zelda has a godly roll :) Correct me if I'm wrong but I get away with so much by rolling in all Smash games, lol.

Can't wait for Smash4... I really think it'll be something big. One can hope anyway! Let's build that Zelda hype! I will be going to both Best Buy events so I will see what I can do about reporting what happens! Hopefully she'll get a kick based game again instead of "hope opponent approaches, spam smash attacks."

Last edited:

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
Only now? =P

Been ready when the WiiU was still in development. =P I may finally neglect my PS4/PS4 with all these good games Nintendo is coming out with.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ E3 stuff:
The next Zelda looks awesome! ...But we got so little information and it's not launching in 2014 :(. I think it will be an incredibly huge open world game (without toon link or loftwings :grin:) and it's good Nintendo is trying to make the best quality game possible. But still, we can only wait so long!
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/the-legend-of-zelda/

I would have preferred a sequel to Twilight Princess but oh well.

Hyrule Warriors might actually be fun. I admit I had a low starting opinion of it but it looks better and better.
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/hyrule-warriors/
Zelda's a playable character.

Hype for Midna!

Captain Toad: "Let's take the worst part of Mario 3D World and build an entire game around it!" :facepalm:

Something tells me Yoshi's Wooly World will be very easy :ohwell:

I really like Kirby Canvas Curse for the DS so I might get Kirby and the Rainbow Curse:
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/kirby/
I hope they make it as hard as the original. I do like the DS games art style better.

Hype for these games:
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/splatoon/
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/nihilumbra/
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/xenoblade-chronicles-x/
http://e3.nintendo.com/games/wiiu/sonic-boom-wii-u/

And of course SSB4!
http://www.smashbros.com/us/
Miis are no surprise but they look fun. I hope they don't end up being top tier. Paulutena looks cools. A lot of Kid Icarus fans are no doubt posting about her as I type this, lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'm so glad I have a Wii U now, haha. I was only planning on getting MK8 and Smash4 but it looks like there will be a lot more coming :) I'm taking FULL advantage of the E3 discounts at Best Buy. 30% off each game with a pre-order of at least 3 games is too good.

When they were saying you can play as anybody in Hyrule Warriors, I thought Ganondorf would have been an option haha. Zelda looks awesome though!

PS4 wise I'm super hyped for Uncharted 4. Also, I think I've been waiting shy of 10 years for Kingdom Hearts 3 >_> I made a sad chuckle when I read KH3 was the 10th installment of the series...

Please let Smash4 be better than this... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bocVx20fS_M

Also:

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
looks like a copy paste from the ssb4 zelda character thread lol

As for the two current character reveals Palutena seems to have a chance to be my ssb4 main especially if they use the same voice actress that was used in the trailer :p (neverplayed KIU)

Going to be needing to get a Wii U sometime in the near Future. I need to finally play as Zelda in a LoZ game :awesome:

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nooooo wth Sakurai!

Let's just hope it's one of those Ness/Lucas/Marth/Sopo cases and not a general one :(

Really hoping a top level player gets last draft pick and gets stuck with Zelda at the invitational...

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Watched that vid on repeat... results so far:

0:15 looks like a lightning kick with freeze frames? Still does 21%. Kicked Kirby for 19% but he CC'd it for no knockback? Both are fairs.

Down smash does ~13%
Uair ~15/16%
Bthrow ~11% with incredible KB on Bowser at very low percent
Up smash was SDI'd after two hits for a total of 9%
Fresh Fsmash on Kirby, 2 hits 3% then 15%
Stale Fsmash on Bowser, 2 hits 3% then 13%
Fresh sourspot bair ~4%

Other general information:

-Airdodging into the ground causes lag
-Can't DI smash attacks
-Wavebouncing exists
-More landing lag
-Reverse ledge grabbing exists
-Footstools still exist >_>
-No dashdancing
-Lots of moves have new freeze frames

Edits:

1:44 Din's Fire range severely nerfed.
Low charge Din's ~12%

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Ok i hadn't seen anything about it and was wondering if it was shown. is there any distinct differences about it?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I only saw it activated once during the invitational.

Lol @ the results... Brawl strikes again!

Fujin Gear Solid

Banned via Warnings
looks like a copy paste from the ssb4 zelda character thread lol

As for the two current character reveals Palutena seems to have a chance to be my ssb4 main especially if they use the same voice actress that was used in the trailer :p (neverplayed KIU)

Going to be needing to get a Wii U sometime in the near Future. I need to finally play as Zelda in a LoZ game :awesome:

Change your username, turn in your Zelda card and begone sisTren.

You are now longer welcomed here.

Does Zelda's placement here: http://meleeiton.me/2014/06/10/invitational-impressions/ surprise anybody?

So let me get this right....

These melee queens played the game for a few hours and made a tier list for it?

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Try and find out if dins is now transcendent and how big the kick sweetspots are!

And see if bthrow is a kill throw and whether dtilt still trips!

And maybe try and test the sdi on her smashes!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'll try... friend isn't 100% confirmed :(

Super hoping we get Melee sweetspot sizes!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Not holding my breath after what I saw at the invitational, but who knows? SDI wasn't the make-or-breaker anyway because even without it, people tend to fall out of her smash attacks. That lag on airdodging into the ground though.... when she's already so vulnerable in the air.... eeeesh.

People seem to die at much lower percentages now though, which imo will help more than hurt if the game is still Brawl-ish in terms of lack of combos.

Very meh @her atm, but still gonna play the ***** regardless.

& most importantly, it's my birthday~!! :smash:

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ Fujin Gear Solid Fujin Gear Solid it's more of who who i feel most comfortable with Zelda is still one of the characters I'm going to try but there are a few other characters i want to try as well (greninja, Rosalina, Palutena, villager and i think that's it). Though if rosa is like ics she won't be in it because i sucked as ics in brawl lol. I'll know who my main is Oct 3rd unless it gets pushed back again. Also can't change my username unless i become a premium member and i don't have spare money..

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
There's a difference between ICs and Rosalina. ICs relied on desynchs (requires techskill) and Rosalina was programmed to be desynched in a way so I would imagine the system would be a bit more robust. It seems like Palutena is similar to the Mii since they are customizable. I can see Rosalina shutting down Peach's game though.

I'm actually on the fence for the 3ds version... doesn't really appeal to me at all.

Fujin Gear Solid

Banned via Warnings
Not holding my breath after what I saw at the invitational, but who knows? SDI wasn't the make-or-breaker anyway because even without it, people tend to fall out of her smash attacks. That lag on airdodging into the ground though.... when she's already so vulnerable in the air.... eeeesh.

People seem to die at much lower percentages now though, which imo will help more than hurt if the game is still Brawl-ish in terms of lack of combos.

Very meh @her atm, but still gonna play the ***** regardless.

& most importantly, it's my birthday~!! :smash:
Happy birthday tho :)

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
There's a difference between ICs and Rosalina. ICs relied on desynchs (requires techskill) and Rosalina was programmed to be desynched in a way so I would imagine the system would be a bit more robust. It seems like Palutena is similar to the Mii since they are customizable. I can see Rosalina shutting down Peach's game though.

I'm actually on the fence for the 3ds version... doesn't really appeal to me at all.
It's more of being able to effectively use both characters as a team that I'm not sure about being able to do.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not a very productive day since there were SO many people and the set-ups are 4 players FFA. You get 4 minutes to play then back to the line for 2-3 hours wait which I didn't do. I also struggled a bit with the controllers since we had to use Wii U Pro Controllers and video recording was not allowed.

To address Kataefi's stuff:

I had Captain L help me with this one. Din's Fire is confirmed to not be transcendent and was cancelled by Pikachu's nair. Din's also has decreased range and still puts you into fastfall. Din's doesn't seem to slow down your fall speed when used in the air.

Lightning kicks are likely to be similar to Brawl's. Back throw seems to be stronger but I was not able to grab anybody at high percent nor did I land a KO.

Dtilt works just the way it does in Brawl... minus the tripping.

Finally, I'm sorry I couldn't test the SDI on Zelda's smash attacks.

Other stuff:

-Plays very similarly to Brawl, with gravity being slightly stronger.
-Nayru's spins a lot slower but that's all I have on that. I was unable to do a Love Jump but who knows maybe my timing is wrong.
-Ftilt always sends opponent forwards, so Zelda has lost an early % combo.
-Farore's Wind lag seems to be slightly less. I didn't test any ledge mechanics.
-Zelda's down b can be casted instantly, or charged for ~1.5 seconds. The longer the charge, the farther he goes. He remains on screen for another couple of seconds (not sure if he does anything during this) and down b is disabled until he disappears.

Zelda for low tier. Sorry I couldn't get much information. Might not go on Saturday.

Came 4hrs early and I was person #24. So happy I exposed nearly everybody (minus one person who went kinda close, but in my favour still) in Melee using Zelda, lol. Really surprised somebody brought a Melee setup :)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've heard that all the characters will be getting variations for their specials so some of the things will probably be different. We'll have to see what kind of variations Zelda will receive hopefully some better things than were shown today..

Top Bottom