• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ahem,

Among a TON of new screens to feature the 5 new direct chars, was this. Thoughts on this move returning?

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Can you post the link to the screenshots?

Zelda's UpB isn't great but it does have enough power to not be worthless. I doesn't land hits often but it's devastating when it does.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^Can you post the link to the screenshots?

Zelda's UpB isn't great but it does have enough power to not be worthless. I doesn't land hits often but it's devastating when it does.
I originally saw it from a video posted like, super recently, and found a link to a page with the pics in the comments. Here. http://www.destructoid.com/super-smash-bros-screenshot-extravaganza-130-new-screens-273396.phtml

I'm personally excited for UAir's return.

Let's just hope this time they remember to add auto-cancel frames. ;)

It also confirms a bunch of Sheik's moves, and it looks like DAir doesn't propel down anymore! Yay!

Last edited:

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I like uair. :b: Realistically (ha!) hoping for one of her kicks to be replaced, new properties on dair, and improvements to Nayru's. Or just less lag all around. ^ Autocancel frames would be pretty great.

Honestly, her moveset from Brawl -- at least as a standalone character -- really can't get much worse, so no harm in dreaming.

Rizen

Smash Legend
Speaking of the screenshots, IMO ZSS' new look is over the top (not in good way :ohwell:) the high heels and makeup make it so I can't respect Samus as a serious character but I've lost respect for he since Other M anyway. Metroid Prime Samus was a bad*** and independent woman but lately Samus has been portrayed as a hysterical woman https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PPQ5GDld-5w or ...something. :facepalm:
Bring back the bounty hunter from the early Metroids and Prime.

Zelda looks good but I do prefer the older Brawl Zelda character model.

FujintalksboutDin'sFire

Banned via Administration
nvm I see

Wow @ Zero **** samus and being the center of 90%

Also Cour I have been trying to reply to your comment for like a week straight but this flop website wont even let me view anyone profiles without screwing up

but yes
Doing Taxes does seem a biT old person like.

Will you do mine tho?

FujintalksboutDin'sFire

god this site is such a flop.
I can see why these tyrants havent bothered banning this account yet.

Nobody can even post without going through 10 mins of loading.

smh

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
oh stop moaning fuj *digital slap*... and take note of this new move I discovered:

It appears Zelda summons Sheik who then summons a shark.

Yet another tool that will allow her to force the approach, though it looks situational with (what looks like...) one thousand frames of ending lag

What do wii think of this?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
oh stop moaning fuj *digital slap*... and take note of this new move I discovered:

Yet another tool that will allow her to force the approach, though it looks situational with (what looks like...) one thousand frames of ending lag

LOL.
Zelda: (summons sheik in some fashion)
Sheik: Hey Zelda look it's a shark
Zelda: Just shut up and help me attack my enemies Sheik.
Sheik: But what if this shark IS our enemy?
Zelda: JUST HELP ME GET RID OF THIS VILLAGER SO HE WON'T PUT MY KNIGHT IN HIS POCKET AGAIN!!
Sheik: Fine..
Meanwhile...
Greninja: (muttering to himself) It's a good thing i had this Shark hat. I should be closing in on the stage by now. (takes a peak at the battle that is taking place) hmmm.. I think i'll wait here until one of them have been ko'd then I'll strike..

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger

I hope it has transcending priority. > _ > I bet it'll end up being super linear, and you can just airdodge it anyways... Trash move.

Btw, with five specials, what do you think this move's input will be?

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
It makes more sense than Din's FF-ing :S

Yay the site's back up! But I forgot what I wanted to post, lol.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
uair was so good in doubles in Brawl. Killing people at 50% is still absurdly broken.

This one looks (aesthetically at least) even more powerful!

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
uair was so good in doubles in Brawl. Killing people at 50% is still absurdly broken.

This one looks (aesthetically at least) even more powerful!
Yeah, I compared the two (Brawl and this) and this one's shock wave, (The circle around it) seems to be larger! I wouldn't take this as it's gonna have a larger hit-box, but hey, we can hope.

Also, considering the design team (Sakurai) couldn't possibly miss this twice in a row, UAir will have auto-cancel frames. Which will be a small buff of its own. Unless the landing mechanics of aerials gets redesigned... Which would be weird...

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Happy Easter and spring holidays. Zelda's Uair is a quintessential example of how she, in Brawl at least, is a glass cannon; it can be incredible for KOs if you can land it and Uair's not great for juggling, damage or much else.

Rizen

Smash Legend
IDK about a 'prophecy', characters like Mega Man have been predicted by a lot of people. With all the predictions out there someone is bound to get some right. Pac Man is likely; Namco is helping develop SSB4 after all. Paulutena would make sense as the next logical KI character and Pit's Final Smash was changed to further that. Although it might just be KI fan hype inflating the rumors.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
It's a classic! Just don't eat chocolate cake whilst watching the film or immediately after (a word of caution...)

Speaking of stuff to watch, I've finally got myself into game of thrones and I absolutely love it. Anyone else watching it?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
I eventually need to watch all those AMC and HBO series. People look at me funny when I say I've never watched them.

Why is weight loss such a difficult thing lmao? All my weight I drop becomes muscles and then it seems like the weight slowly returns as the muscle get going lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I eventually need to watch all those AMC and HBO series. People look at me funny when I say I've never watched them.

Why is weight loss such a difficult thing lmao? All my weight I drop becomes muscles and then it seems like the weight slowly returns as the muscle get going lol.
I know what you mean. I'm walking at least 2 miles most days and haven't lost much. I do admit I have a big sweet tooth though. I'll probably have to diet and exercise to loose.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sweet tooth in moderation lmao! I know the feels.

Today alone I did a 5 mile walk with my mom, then another mile walk to go get stuff for my grandma, then in succession: a Perfect Push-up advanced workout, Perfect Sit-up workout twice, and then an hour and a half of Wii Fit. It was brutal!

FujintalksboutDin'sFire

sis almost
It's a classic! Just don't eat chocolate cake whilst watching the film or immediately after (a word of caution...)

Speaking of stuff to watch, I've finally got myself into game of thrones and I absolutely love it. Anyone else watching it?
Almost EVERYBODY watches GoT.

Even my mom new the good sis
Joffrey
died.

You're very late.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I played P:M... using Zelda of course.

P:M Zelda feels SO unnatural compared to Melee and Brawl. Yes, Brawl too. For a game that tries to emulate Melee, Zelda was done horribly... edgehogging and wavedashing for example feel so foreign. I can definitely see why Zelda is 3rd in P:M, seeing as her side aerials seem to have the best of both Brawl and Melee's versions. Of course, many other things were buffed but it just doesn't feel like the character I play in Brawl and Melee.

Shame people only use Zelda because she's viable in P:M.

Actually, every character I used in P:M felt so awkward. Everything is so manufactured and I don't like it. No wonder the top Melee players in BC seem to only play P:M for the money and not the enjoyment of the game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom