• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Eugh haven't been this sick in a LONG time but holy crap it hurts to swallow anything and I'm getting the ab workout of my life by coughing/sneezing so much :(
Hope you feel better soon, man.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think he suffers against projectile based characters and is bottom of mid tier at best.

I never really played a read based game (pressure with Peach) so I hope to learn a lot from DK that does play with reads :) That custom up b tho.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This forum is just all over the place, haha.

But it's a safe and secure spot from... those people.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Ok @ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 i got out early because i had a test today so I can battle atm but i will be leaving around 1 PM eastern..
edit I'll be setting up a room with the same rules..

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
ugh messed up that match against wii fit i need to get rid of that set for customs so i don't pick them instead of the ones i wanted again. don't know why i haven't since it was only for testing the other specials which a few of them i don't like..

otherwise good matches i need to get out of a lot of bad habits lol and learn to control my grab game more since i have Rolled instead of dash grabbed quite a bit..

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Awww, I hope you get well soon Aleate, it really can suck to be sick, one time I neglected to take medicine around last new years, and developed semi-pneumonia! It felt like I couldn't do anything. It also stunk because it happened over my entire school free Christmas break... Lol. So as soon as I was better, I had to jump back onto school. >.<

Haha ty guys.

Well... projectiles suck :( (I'm looking at you DHD) Wish the DK board was actually active.

It's all good though, because his entire metagame is in one move: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWG949tDBaA Obviously MK v2.
Ha. Ha ha. It just looks so much like nado.

This would one of the first examples so far of a custom that is blatantly better to use. Something we were fearing of EVERY custom, but didn't (exactly) happen.

Also, COMPLETELY unrelated, but every time I typed "nado" it wanted to auto-correct to "Madonna" I think it's a sign! I hereby dub the DK nado The "Madonna" xD

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I kinda like how Smashboards has main spot for BOTH wiiU and 3ds, that way I can show BOTH MY CHARS. Mwahhahahaha.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So I saw Nairo get 2nd at a tournament on Twitch today with mostly Zelda. Best of all he's pretty aggro :) Amazing.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I remember seeing Nairo's Zelda. When the game first came out, he was using Up-B a bit too much for my liking, but it was solid. I gotta see some more of his Zelda though.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Haven't seen that Many Zelda videos/replays.. I've been trying to keep myself from battling level 9 cpu's so i can be more relaxed and try not to roll unintentionally. Also trying to get some Jab combos down..

Also haven't been contributing to Zelda for the Conquest Dress to success Match..

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Also haven't been contributing to Zelda for the Conquest Dress to success Match..
OMG I contributed to the Conquest, and I got a win for the best princess. :3

BUT I CAN'T CONTRIBUTE AGAIN UNTIL LIKE 16 HOURS LATER, CRYING. It's like 45%, 28%, 27% for Peach, Palutena and Zelda right now I think. =cccc

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's refreshing to see these aggro games because the game has the same kind of gameplay as Brawl.

Sigh, I heavily dislike cat and mouse games... and like half the time we go to sudden death.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Smash 4 is an extremely patient game, especially when you only have 2 stocks to work with. I hate it when I SD randomly on the first stock, and that pretty much guarantees I lose no matter how hard I try. =cccc

I do like this game a bit more than Brawl (maybe a biiit because I can actually play against some good players), but dash attack and rolling game sometimes too stronk lol.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Smash 4 is an extremely patient game, especially when you only have 2 stocks to work with. I hate it when I SD randomly on the first stock, and that pretty much guarantees I lose no matter how hard I try. =cccc
i did beat someone in For Glory after i failed recovering and managed to survive a little longer than 3 minutes and 30 second and sent it into Sudden death and got the win. i had 142 HP and was using Greninja while they were using Mega man

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's possible, for sure. But it really kinda kills you a bit when you SD. I know momentum is a huge part of my gameplay, and unfortunately, it affects me quite a bit, either positively or negatively.

I would be on a 15-game winning streak on For Glory if it wasn't for an SD against a Robin player who was only okay at best, haha. Eh, ~70% win rate is plausible for now. Was at like 40% before, hahaha.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
That one's been around for a while now.
It's difficult to get used to AD>Aerial when I was too used to Aerial>AD for Brawl :C

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Saaaame. Plus, Zelda has very limited options in the air this game. I don't think she can use this tech at all, unless if someone does some further lab work. More secret hate of LOZ from Sakurai. :c

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
yeah it looks like Zelda can't use it as effectively because her Aerial landing lag is just as bad as her Air dodge Landing lag..
And Palutena doesn't seem to need to use it because SH air dodge will end before she lands.. from what they were saying..

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lucario is real stupid in this game when surviving to 150% is real easy. Dat rage effect and the aura means that he'll be getting easy kills at lower percentages. I think I died against a Lucario at around 75% from a random side smash, which was pretty stupid.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 was looking over some of the matches we've had and looked to see what mistakes I've made and would like a few more battles but can't today because college is closing earlier than expected..

also forgot to mention this but how did you like my pivot walking with Palutena? :p (i did it a lot in the match against Ganondorf..)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ SBphiloz4 SBphiloz4 was looking over some of the matches we've had and looked to see what mistakes I've made and would like a few more battles but can't today because college is closing earlier than expected..

also forgot to mention this but how did you like my pivot walking with Palutena? :p (i did it a lot in the match against Ganondorf..)
That's fine. Around the morning times on Tuesdays and Thursdays, as well as weekends, I'm up for it! I was a little too focused on my Ganondorf gameplay to notice, but I'll look out for that pivot walking next time. c:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I can get on Thursday. Hopefully my college won't close too early again..

And i got a demo code for AS/OR.. but can't download it until thursday (i'll have it run during class so it won't effect times i can get online for ssb4..)

Top Bottom