• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
19 pts on my belt for LoZ in Conquest. Praying that the Lucina waifufegs do not win though. ://///

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
i have 12 points as of now
and just got hit by the Stitchfaced turnip by a Peach In For Glory.. managed to beat the same person with the name Usagi with Zelda (they used Wii Fit), And Rosaluma (they used Zelda lol)..

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah that's the problem with dealing with fast people. It's kind of like dashdancing where it's really hard to predict what the opponent will do and to react to it. The moment you do something like throw out a whiffed fsmash, you get grabbed by somebody like Captain Falcon because he can weave in and out so well.

It makes me angry how effective a roll behind me -> follow up is against me. I know it's coming so often but just can't do anything about it! (Until I start rolling with them and punish it with Zelda's dtilt)

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That's more for tilts on Palutena (punishing) and spacing is Fair, and jab both of which can be used for grabs. She has a better approach especially with Jump Glide, lightweight, and Super Speed in play. And can chase opponents while they are recovering..

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Anyone dressed up as our low tier princess? ccccc:

Happy Halloween to all.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Played this really good Megaman on For Glory who ended up touching base with me later.

Holy smokes he has so much pressure on Zelda that spacing or playing safe simply won't work. Wrecked me in two games and in the third, I was trailing pretty far behind. Last stock, my 170% vs. his 70%... but then Farore's :)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I had a match against a MM but my Palutena couldn't get the final hit in time..

Also does anyone want to have a few matches Tuesday?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Nice job! You'll do way better in the future. GL on your Midterms... I finished mine last week!

Copied from the BC Smash FB group (regarding Super Smash Club):

"I'm really salty for blowing finals at the today's event. I should have practised more because even though it was stacked against me, I made a lot of mistakes too. Didn't represent the community very well"

More salt than the oceans combined :c Like seriously, it was free for all and I was against Little Mac, Bowser, and Ike. I have no KO power in comparison and people like Bowser can kill two people at once with his down b. Argh! Little Mac won and he was on top of the world, and secretly I was like "I could destroy you in a 1vs1" :(

Forgot to do my hair because I was rushed in the morning and a million pictures were taken of me...

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
"If the 8-Player Smash mode is indeed less chaotic than a 4-player free-for-all (we'll find out for sure once the game is out later this month), do you think it could potentially be utilized as a competitive standard?"
Scrubs say the darnedest things. :p

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
The super armor looks like a really nice buff to char. S/he still seems to have the same problem approaching from Brawl. I think the lag might have benefited Char too, some of the Flare Blitz should have been shielded.
IDK, it's hard to say. Char is better than in Brawl though.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
This set definitely shed some light on the character. In this game, I find it hard to actually say that a character is bad. Unlike in previous games, it seems like any character can be played well if used properly.

It's still hard to say if Zard will indeed be higher than low tier, just because there are so many other characters that can consistenly do well, but at least he's no longer the second worst in my book. For now. :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm time to work on my Smash 4 Zelda/DK as Dark Peach makes me not want to play Peach :(

After a month of owning this game, I feel like DK can't compete with certain characters. Especially those that have a great zoning/projectile game and stupid stuff like Rosalina :(

I tried to get good with Diddy but he's just disgusting, haha. I really want to pick up one more character!

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
For Glory seems to be getting better with character Variety.. haven't encountered a Lil Mac in a while.. on the downside I'm not familiar with all of the character match-ups yet lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I think you're right. I would like to see some good Rosalinas though. 90% of them just shoot Luma at me and all I do is jump over him and attack Rosalina.

Little Mac comes out when you beat a player too many times :p

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Speaking of Rosalina i found one in for glory that didn't shoot Luma 24/7 lol. I've faced two different falcons already.. that's another matchup i need to learn lol did a lot better on the second one though

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Thank god for the excessive Falcon and Little Mac players on For Glory, I've learned the MU against them despite the disadvantage. Most players do the same thing with them, so it's actually easier for me to face those characters than something stupid like Kirby, lol.

Though, I hate Zelda's MU with Yoshi, Lucario and ZSS still. Want to pick up another character to counter pick them, but it's just not the same. :////

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I do have Multiple Secondary characters so i can gain an advantage if any of my other characters have a disadvantage lol
(Secondaries are Zelda, Rosaluma, Bowser jr, Robin, and DH..)
though i still have problems killing with DH..

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I barely only had one secondary in Brawl. I have a more in Smash 4, which is a good thing :)

I play Peach, Zelda, Donkey Kong, and a bit of Diddy.

Duck Hunt can do such silly things with that can :(

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
yeah I managed to place the Can next to the edge while trying to recover and did an edge attack flinging it at them catching them off Guard lol (they were hanging back to wait and Punish)

Also forgot to list Mario in there as well..

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Taking Big D's custom set... auto-reticle, super speed (?), jump glide, and lightweight. Way too much fun.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Yeah that's the same custom moves that Big D used in the video posted above. I have the same set and a few other sets for Different MUs and for practice..

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I really like Ganondorf and Wii Fit Trainer, but they really can only be pocket characters in my part, haha. Don't make any Zelda MUs any better. I could pick up Yoshi, but he just doesn't have the magic that I had playing him in the old days. A little torn, honestly.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Yeah, I like, sort of despise P-money as a char for being such a "Zelda should have had that" heaux, but she is probably one of the most fun characters to play around with. For some reason, I enjoy Dthrow > NAir comboing like, a LOT.

Also WFT = WTF. She da bess <3
Next level trolling stats. Pair with Volatile Breathing and become a moving pretty much half the screen bomb.

EDIT : Pardon this blatantly unrelated (But still gud.) GIF posting. With a new sig, I want somewhere I can come look if I need this GIF again... - w -

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Wow it seems like Palutena tries to grab even more than Ice Climbers did in Brawl...

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Wow it seems like Palutena tries to grab even more than Ice Climbers did in Brawl...
She does have a more reliable way of getting the grab through jab (it's not a perfect combo but they can't Spot dodge the Grab in time). and those Dthrow setups are too good to not use
Jab > Grab > Dthrow > Fair > Jab > Grab > Dthrow > Dair can be done at low percents depending on weight and VI

When i play as Zelda I've noticed i haven't Used Usmash/Utilt a lot (used them about once each per match or so)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
[quote="ZeldaMaster_1, post: 17939608, member: 174750] When i play as Zelda I've noticed i haven't Used Usmash/Utilt a lot (used them about once each per match or so)[/quote]

Those moves are awful now, it's unfortunate. If I see myself using them, I question if I'm actually playing well or not. Lately, though, I've been pretty awful. Waaaaay too many FW SDs... Haha.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
RIP Brawl Zelda's Usmash and Utilt..
My hands keep slipping and causing me to Warp/FW SD as well haven't done it as much seen i went back to playing pokemon during the days i'm not at college.
I keep SDing with Rosalina at times because of her recovery is bad at certain angles

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Definitely with Rosalina, that recovery at some angles is just.... bad, haha.

Wanted to pick up Rosalina, but her style is a bit strange, and it didn't fit me. Plus, I hate to use overused characters, haha. I'm weird. XD

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
That long range star bit custom though is my favorite out of all of her other specials.
(Also Palu's LW is amazing now that it can be used without having to worry about the negative state)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Link players in For Glory play like it's Ocarina of Time. Just rollin' from one side of Final Destination to the other. Get the kill and taunt thinking they are amazing in the game too. ://///

Top Bottom