• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Goddamn it, I caught Aleate's cold somehow.

Nnnghh, I'm dying...
Get well soon for you as well, Aerodrome.

What made me die today was too many Farore Wind's SDs, oops.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Brawl > Smash 4.

I can't stand how freaking campy people are on For Glory and think they're hot stuff for doing it. You get PUNISHED for making reads because of how dumb rolls are. Next to non-existent shield stun is a bad idea.

I seriously lose like 50% the time for choosing to play aggressively which is hella dumb. When I play defensively, I win nearly everything. Imo the worst iteration of Smash yet.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
OMG it wasn't just me then, haha.

I lost to a Lucario that was pretty much just using Side B and B. All 3 matches were basically me doing awesome. But Lucario is pretty BS in this game, haha. One mistake, and I ended up losing with his SideB and B spam, urgh.

Still up to play some legit people, though (ie you guys c: ).

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
It's too easy to get away with rolling and special moves with Lucario. The fact that it's so hard to die in this game makes freakin' Lucario so good with that aura. Urgh.

Well, in general, it's easy to get away with rolling in general in this game. Not sure if Sakurai will fix this for the Wii U version. :////

inb4 today's announcements reveals character balances lol

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I haven't had that many issues with For Glory other than lag at times..

I'm online if anyone wants to have a few matches.. i've set up a room already..

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
That DH vs Dr mario match though lol.
that was a good read to use Farore's after that dthrow when i jumped..
LOL that was so bad, dat Doc match.

You were a lot less predictable this time, so honestly doing that FW was a lucky read. But as you can see, I play and practice so much Zelda, I really don't know how to use any other character, haha.

But yeah, your Palutena was a lot better than the first time I fought you, keep it up! c:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Thanks. i tried staying away from cpu battles and worked on my Jab into Grabs/Fsmash and worked on doing turn around grabs (which is something that i had trouble with because of the controls). as well as trying to not shield every time i should be punishing instead..lol I hit the shield button for no reason too often..

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ridley confirmed for non-playable stage hazard, get rekt believers. ccccc:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Never been so glad that I bought a Wii U. $150 at Target was such a good deal.<3

Rizen

Smash Legend
@ thread title: *Music notes*
Keep rollin' rollin' rollin' thought FD is swollen
Keep them smashers rollin' rawhide
Through lag, camping and weather, hell bent for leather
Wishin' Zelda was by my side
All the things I'm missin' good KOs, wins and kissin'
Are waitin' at the end of my ride

Smash 'em on head 'em up head 'em up smash 'em on
Smash 'em on head 'em up rawhide
Throw 'em out grab 'em in ride 'em in cut 'em out
Throw 'em out grab 'em in rawhide

Movin' movin' movin' thought they're disapprovin'
Keep them smashers movin' rawhide
Don't try to understand 'em just grab and throw and smash 'em
Soon we'll be livin' high and wide
My heart's calculatin' my Zelda will be waitin'
Be waitin' at the end of my ride

Smash em hard raw hiiiiide!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Win or lose I've been spamming Farore's Wind to get the 1st hit to 2nd hit KO. Hilarious on For Glory.

Non-existent shield stun is great for using Farore's Wind to punish something like a dash attack. Gotta get it as a punish, not as an offensive tool.

http://www.twitch.tv/nakat973/c/5347778 28:45, showing Pikachu's KO % against Zelda is 29%.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I hate Megaman with a passion but his Leaf Shield is definitely not something to worry about. I do like the Tier List on that site though... DK should stay last ;)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
LOL, it's like Street Fighter players are discriminatory against Big Kongs. He's honestly pretty good in this game. Not great, but definitely not the worst in the game. But I'm pretty sure Marth and Lucina are too high on that site's tier list, haha.

AND *GASP* TIME TO BRING SOME CONTROVERSY HAHAHAHAHA
A+: Rosalina, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus
A: Greninja, Duck Hunt, Yoshi, Diddy Kong, Lucario, Sonic
B: Bowser, Fox, Pit, Dark Pit, C. Falcon, Peach
B-: Wario, Little Mac, Meta Knight, Mario, Shulk
C: Robin, King Dedede, Bowser Jr., R.O.B, Villager, Ness
D: Pac-man, Dr. Mario, Marth, Toon Link, Samus, Pikachu
E: Luigi, Donkey Kong, Lucina, Mr. Game and Watch, Jigglypuff, Link
F: Palutena, Kirby, Zelda, Wii Fit Trainer, Falco
G: Olimar, Megaman, Ike, Charizard, Ganondorf

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
My pos internet freezes when I try to view the linked page :/ Does it have a ton of gifs or something?
I'm guessing it's another case of 'scrub doesn't know how to deal with move and calls it OP or cheap'.
It's two videos showing that Megaman's Leaf Shield is a good edgeguard against bad players lol.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
@ Alacion Alacion , I've been doing some For Glory matches with that tech of yours. It's so good, omg.

Shield a laggy attack. Farore's Wind out of it. 2-hit finish. Profit. Netted some real good kills with that. And I'm finally back to a 2/3 win rate on For Glory, haha.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Omg I know right? :) If you're really brave, you can probably punish a roll with Farore's too x_x (Aside: When you're against Landon, he'll constantly go for up smashes for the kill. Can't wait to punish that :). 29% being a KO % is crazy though.) Grats on your win rate!

I seriously think Farore's Wind will be the cause for excessive safe play against Zelda though.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah, punishing people who think they can stand midscreen charging their projectiles with FW is soooooooo satisfying. I think Omega Tomodachi Life has a lower ceiling than other Omega stages. It's a little smaller too, so Zelda in general can do more, I feel. I think that Pika either vectored horribly wrong, or equipment enhanced Zelda's power, because at best, I can replicate that on Training mode at around 50%.

But of course, this will make Zelda super predictable in the coming months and years. We better still label her as a low tier character for now, so we don't get disappointed later, haha.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
He said he vectored properly against Farore's Wind a bit later on.

Zelda had 130%, so rage played a part.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Took me a while but I finally passed a 80% win rate!

Really struggling to find a main right now. I think I want to try using a top tier... and not fight an uphill battle for once? I feel I lost a LOT of freedom when Sakurai gave Peach landing lag for her aerials in Smash 4. I can't get used to it and playing "cat and mouse" is super aggravating.

I actually don't like the Smash 4 Zelda board. It's not very serious nor very helpful for those wanting to improve with her. Might not even bother with her since the only enjoyment I get out of the character is the ridiculous Farore's 1->2 KO. But hey good riddance, I'm gone? :)

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A lot of people there is new to the community, maybe new to competition itself, so it's difficult to find particularly useful posts there.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Even though we all use completely different characters in Sm4sh, we legit people/sisters will somehow be connected with this random forum. And that's from the ****ty character that is Brawl Zelda lol.

Well, if someone like her can't win tourneys, you have to be good at something else, I suppose. ;)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha Zelda's dash pivot grab thing is really good haha.

Palutena is so laggy to me imo :(

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I claim that Charizard is the second worst character in the game. Then I saw this. From a 172-man tournament in Japan. But of course, nobody uses Zelda in it. :'ccccc

Anyway, 80% of the time, Charizard is getting bodied. But a few mistakes here and there, and the Zard player ends up taking the set lol. I still think he's really bad though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vue2zT4UQik

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Haha I never considered Charizard at near bottom. If you commit to anything, Charizard has the potential to fatally punish it.

Picked up a new character today... it's a faster character and that is something I have never really played before. It's pretty hard for me to control too :p

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Fooling around in training mode made me realize how stupidly easy it is to play using ZSS and Sheik. No wonder everyone uses them. And win with them. ://////

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I avoid training if possible since nothing stales in training. At least I didn't pick up either those two. I don't think ZSS is that good... or maybe it's because every ZSS I ever face has a flowchart similar to this...

Neutral Game: Paralyzer -> Grab -> Follow up with uair/fair
Opponent not approaching: Dash Attack
Opponent approaching: Charge fsmash or side b
Above opponent: Dair
Below opponent: Up B

I played a bit of Sheik in Brawl... same with Fujin. Think we were both pretty proficient at the dacus :)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Dat flowchart is so accurate I don't even.

At the same time, our princess still has lotsa trouble around fast characters, even if they start getting predictable. I mean, you blink, and suddenly you're grabbed and it really sucks. You try to punish their moves, and their jabs end up coming out before your moves. *sigh*

Top Bottom