• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I meant more viable but not viable
Got called a projectile spammer and lame today for playing Zelda. Johns ensued but seriously... Din's Fire is easy to manage imo.
Lol, I've been called cheap by an Olimar player for using Link defensively in Brawl (-3 MU). Scrubs say the darndest things :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I meant more viable but not viable

Lol, I've been called cheap by an Olimar player for using Link defensively in Brawl (-3 MU). Scrubs say the darndest things :p
Yeah and it's so strange because I'M the one that's supposed to fall victim to camping and projectiles!

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Welp, finally got my copy of Sm4sh. And crying because no more viable short hop lightning kicks.

Nair sucks. Up smash sucks. Ftilt MISSES in point blank. Yet, she still feels fun.

Soooooo, I'm still maining her. Probably will take it more seriously on the Wii U version, but for now, I'll work with it.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
if you want to SH a lightning kick (and is combo friendly) there is always Palutena :p it apparently has 12 frames of landing lag. 1/5 of a second from what @Aerodrome said..
So much Palutena propaganda in a Brawl Zelda forums, haha. X3

Palutena's Fair has so little lag, it's crazy. I did play around with Palutena for a bit, but I don't know, she doesn't feel right for me. Think I'll still stick with Zelda, and maybe Palutena for the giggles. Both do have some big weaknesses though, some very similar, definitely.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
So much Palutena propaganda in a Brawl Zelda forums, haha. X3.
Isn't it?

I like Palutena, she feels kinda like Zelda...kind of like the old Zelda. Slow and Laggy, but has some speedy moves to make it all come together. i think that's why some Zelda's are running to her, she's a tacky alternate dimension Zelda with green hair.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So... My 3ds's R button just broke... ; w ;

Thank GOODNESS I can just change the L button to "Shield" right? *tears of joy when remembered*

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
yeah though you'll have to push L+A to grab or make it another button
also did anyone else turn off tap jump after getting the game?

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I have it off. I don't know how many times I jumped instead of Up smashing in the demo lol. That's the only change I've made to the controls.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
When I played Brawl, my gamecube controller had a pretty bad Z button. So I used R for grab instead, and left L for shield. Thus, that's my control scheme in this game too.

And I play with tap jump on like a noob lol.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
actually you can't upB OoS as fast with tap jump off. so far on the 3DS i haven't been able to test if this is the same due to lol buttons, but im pretty sure it is

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'll have to play against him on Tuesday.. my internet connection at home has a bit of lag for ssb4..
My midterm is on the Wednesday, so I'll probably not be able to play until at least Thursday, if that's the case. Or like, next weekend works, haha.

SBphiloz4 is legit guys. Play him!
Next time I fight you, I'm going to (hopefully) take a set off you. XD

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
what time thursday? I'll need to be picked up from college around 1-3 PM Eastern time
If you're okay with late night matches, I can do ~10:30PM Eastern matches. I'm out for classes from about 3-9PM eastern (as I'm a westerner myself--). Or really early morning matches can work if you fancy those. XD

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Played a FT3 with a friend with a pretty sick Little Mac. Zelda/Mac is SO bad for Zelda, lol. He clobbered me the first match, but I managed to take the set (with the help of him being a bit salty about the lag, haha). I think Nayru's Love and D-Smash is key for this MU. Unfortunately, these moves kinda suck against the other characters, lol.

Mac and Zelda is like a 7:3 matchup IMO so far. Gotta train for For Glory and a little mini online tournament tomorrow~

Rizen

Smash Legend
What can you guys tell me about Donkey Kong?
He's the leader of the bunch. You know him well. He's finally back to kick some tail! His Coconut gun can fire in spurts; if he shoots ya it's gonna hurt! He's bigger, faster and stronger too. He's the first member of the DK crew!

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I don't feel DK is as strong of a character as he was in Melee or Brawl. Definitely not bottom 10, but he's not exactly very far away from that list. Then again, I don't really play DK, so it's still somewhat hard to tell for me.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Kinda disappointed the DK Rap isn't in Smash 4 3ds :(

I'm having a lot of fun as DK and want to pick him up haha.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Yeah, he's always fun for me to use, but I can't use him in a competitive environment.

On another note, I took a match from P4K Captain L in a mini online tourney in Sm4sh!! Although I lost the set, I feel so accomplished, haha. :3

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
If you're okay with late night matches, I can do ~10:30PM Eastern matches. I'm out for classes from about 3-9PM eastern (as I'm a westerner myself--). Or really early morning matches can work if you fancy those. XD
I won't be at college at night which is where the only good non laggy connection is for ssb4. might have to do it next week..

also @ Alacion Alacion what times will you be able to have a few matches? i can get on tomorrow until about 5-6pm (eastern) or so (hopefully if nothing impedes the plan..)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Grats! Was Landon playing Shulk? And you Zelda? Bet he was ultra campy :(
Dat Shulk Nair pretty much beat all my options on that first game. And I thought Battlefield was friendly for Zelda. But then I took him to FD, and 2 stocked him back, haha. Shulk is pretty bad on FD.

He brought his uber Pikachu out, and of course, I hate fighting Pika, so I lost the final match. But I was generally happy about my gameplay that set. We'll see if I can bring some good Zelda stuff in loser's. X3

I won't be at college at night which is where the only good non laggy connection is for ssb4. might have to do it next week..
Aah. So you use your college wifi, huh? Well, in that case, I can do a really early morning match, say Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning, like 12PM Eastern (9AM here, haha). Of course, not TOMORROW, because of midterms, haha. But anytime after that works.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Dat Shulk Nair pretty much beat all my options on that first game. And I thought Battlefield was friendly for Zelda. But then I took him to FD, and 2 stocked him back, haha. Shulk is pretty bad on FD.

He brought his uber Pikachu out, and of course, I hate fighting Pika, so I lost the final match. But I was generally happy about my gameplay that set. We'll see if I can bring some good Zelda stuff in loser's. X3

Aah. So you use your college wifi, huh? Well, in that case, I can do a really early morning match, say Tuesdays and Thursdays in the morning, like 12PM Eastern (9AM here, haha). Of course, not TOMORROW, because of midterms, haha. But anytime after that works.
Yeah my home WiFi has had some pretty bad lag. Inputs were about a second longer then when i actually pushed the button but yet i managed to get a some wins in the few i had lol
If you can get on a little after 12:20 (9:20) on Thursday when my class ends we could have a few then.. will be using both Palu and Zelda :p

(also it seems like i can't use zelda as effectively against level 9 cpus but i can use her against players and feel comfortable and i have no idea why lol)

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ Alacion Alacion i can have a few matches now if you want to battle I'll set up a room just in case. Rules 3 stock and Customization allowed but not equips and Items Off and none

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay I can play now. Came down with the flu so I can play :D

Keep getting errors to join your room. Made a room for you to join instead.

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
My zelda got a bit sloppy and I'm not that used to fighting DK. everyone is always using Lil Mac and the usual characters
and I got a bit nervous playing someone from here so i made quite a few mistakes..

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I'll have to learn that match-up and get a rematch and get used to those Specials since i haven't practiced them as much because of For Glory not using them..

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah I never fought a Palutena before let alone one with custom skills. That fireball move is so unfair... shield pokes me every time! :4dk:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
it's final hit will always go through shields which is why i kept using it at the right distance :p

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Eugh haven't been this sick in a LONG time but holy crap it hurts to swallow anything and I'm getting the ab workout of my life by coughing/sneezing so much :(

Last edited:
Top Bottom