• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Quick question for you Sm4sh owners. Is it possible to change the VAs for the characters from English to Japanese? I mean, it was in Melee, but got omitted in Brawl for some reason. And I want my weeb female Robin voice. :ccccc

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm been playing too much PM lately, so seeing some Brawl Zelda actually doing really good makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside. :3

And then here I thought ROB was one of Zelda's more manageable matchups--

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Great work Ed :) Good stuff going a low tier against top tiers O.o

PS you had the worst tripping luck ever :(

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
PS you had the worst tripping luck ever :(
OMG I KNOW!!!! IT WAS THE MOST AWFUL AND FRUSTRATING THING EVER.

I was genuinely mad with my gameplay but after I cooled down that was the first thing I acknowledged lol. This was after the set with 8bit lol. Shimitake's set was super stressful lmao.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Crying because 3 exams in the next few days, so studying and such. Don't even have the game yet. :'c

Oh yeah, and 8bit's ROB is definitely waaaaay up there in terms of good ones, haha.

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
nnn I got the running mini game an thought "Wow this is totally fair and balanced".

Smash run is kind of fun, it's like a troll version of adventure mode.
lol troll adventure mode, that's a nice way to put it. I find it fun, just wish it had online and wasn't just local.

Also posting my thoughts so far here because the Zelda smash 4 boards are pretty awful.

How did Lightning Kicks get WORSE?

Why can't the Zelda's be like the Ganons?
Like theyre all mature acting and totally don't overestimate their character and try to argue about it.
Fuu what do you think of Dair though? unless i missed you saying something about it.
Do the ganons even have alot of new people lol? faroes KOs are really selling Zelda at this point

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Do the ganons even have alot of new people lol? faroes KOs are really selling Zelda at this point
Idk Ganon's always had dedicated players who love & keep him as a side character on the low, just don't use him in tourney since he's so bad.

I feel like not as many people actually like Zelda since she's a girly princess (& kind of overshadowed by Peach in that particular niche). Not exactly appealing to the main Smash demographic lol.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Idk Ganon's always had dedicated players who love & keep him as a side character on the low, just don't use him in tourney since he's so bad.

I feel like not as many people actually like Zelda since she's a girly princess (& kind of overshadowed by Peach in that particular niche). Not exactly appealing to the main Smash demographic lol.
lol ganon side players. my friend is a ganon main, been trying to get him on smashboards for a week now lol since he needs other people to play that's not me.

which makes this thread name kinda truthful lol. Peach and Rosie takes all the fans and Zelda gets to share the leftovers with Zamus and Palutena.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So... Zelda's kicks just get worse and worse.

BAir has 25 landing lag frames.

BAir has 25 landing lag frames.

BAIR HAS FRIGGIN 25 LANDING LAG FRAMES. NOT TO MENTION THE NEAR SECOND OF LENGTH ADDED TO THE MOVE ITSELF.

Also, NAir has 22 landing frames... ; w ; kiss goodbye most of those landing NAir followups.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I will not say "I told you so" @the fact that I totally called aerial landing lag as one of the things that would hurt Zelda the most.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Things already sound so grim for our hime-sama. No more abusing aerials without ending lag.

Sakurai pls. We want to graduate from bottom tier for once. :ccccc

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So like almost every time I find more of Zelda's data, she seems to get worse... :facepalm:

Seriously. there's about a full second now of lag after both her kicks, not to mention the increased landing lag on them AND the whole 10 frames more landing lag on NAir, and the nerfed KB and hit-box of UAir.

Din's is just worse than Brawl. Common knowledge stuff.

Phantom just could have been so much more. Its offensive stats are just offensive, and are basically all worse than Din's sweetspot stats. You can't shield cancel it mid-charge, hold a full charge for a later like a charge shot, OR EVEN hold the vortex indefinitely. The phantom only gains a decent length of meat shield time after full charge, and it doesn't detect people on the way out of full charge--THERE'S A STININ' BLIND SPOT ABOUT A CHAR LENGTH LONG IN FRONT OF ZELDA. Not to mention it doesn't go very far at full charge either. Oh yeah, did I mention it's reflectable?

Also, all of her KB stats are the same or worse than Brawl's, which effectively nerfs her KO prowess because of the huge blastzones. And her best KO move is still, you guessed it, her kicks. Which shouldn't be used because of the long lag and risk all around on them.

Screw FW. Anyone with a shield along with the knowledge of not spamming slow moves when she's within FW range can beat it.

And yet, lmao; she's definitely the best she's been yet in this game. :psycho: At least her grab is tied with the fastest grabs now. That's enough IMO to pull her up some. I guess it should also be mentioned many of her ground attacks (Ftilt, Utilt, Dsmash, and Usmash, and maybe even Jab and Dtilt.) are faster too. Still though, the neglect is REAL. Her BAir still even has more KB than FAir like in Brawl. Pretty much proof Sakurai and co. didn't even check her stats when porting bringing her form brawl in certain places.
Quotes of truth pulled from the SSB4 boards for you viewing pleasure.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I honestly think in Brawl she had the worst aerial game out of the entire roster.
I mean think about it for a second.

Looks like they made it worse

I'm glad you do this, because it's honestly tiring to trudge through all of the ignorance and "omg Farore'z wind Zelda is top tier!1!1" comments.
I usually just skim and don't ready 90% of the post there.
Don't be surprised if you get flamed for that post, even if it's 100% true.

But guys, I kinda of like the phantom.
^ Me too. I just like its looks, lol. Purple is a GOOD color for Zelda, and magic At that.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Foojin, and everyone else who has the game now, what do you all think about Zelda's MUs with the rest of the cast? Because it doesn't look pretty at all.

Does she even have a favorable matchup anymore, I wonder. lol.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
my main was decided unfortunately Zelda drops to a second and Palutena takes her place..

also Palutena's fair functions differently than Zelda's and i keep trying to approach with Zelda's fair after playing as Palutena which isn't a good idea lol

Palutena's "lightning kick" is faster doesn't have a sweetspot and has little to no landing lag.. the only problem is it doesn't ko as early..

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So a little more in-depth look into Zelda's custom moves in Sm4sh. Aaaaand, they blow. Hard.

I thought Din's Fire version 3 would act like the one in PM. But lol it's awful. Really, other than maybe the short range Phantom Slash that is presumed to do more shield damage, none of her custom moves are really viable-- :/

If custom moves are allowed in tourneys, I'd say this is another disadvantage for our hime-sama. Feels so limiting to only have a vanilla moveset, whereas everyone else can go crazy with meteor smashing bombs, greasy gyromites and all that kinda stuff. ://

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ZPTWROkmiA

Rizen

Smash Legend
^IMO the meteor bombs Link has aren't really that good. They only have enough of a spike at high %s to be better than simply running offstage and Nair-ing and they lose the bomb recovery and down bomb throw>aerial combo potential. Plus Link's Dair spikes now.
Zelda's nayru's pulse custom has a flip effect like Mario's cape. That looks useful for edge guarding.
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Character_customization
Although I agree zelda is getting the raw deal in SSB4.

TBH I thing a lot of SSB4 custom moves look great at first but will end up being more gimmicky than practical in high level play.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I think the problem with Nayru's Pulse is it's pretty awful range and it doesn't last very long. Very situational and gimmicky, as are some of the custom moves, but yeah. Some are pretty good though, and we know they work to an extent, like Fox's Side-B from Wolf lol.

If custom moves were allowed, I might just use Vanilla Zelda just because the other ones just don't seem to be very rewarding. Maybe the fast Din's Fire or the Phantom CQC, but most likely Vanilla.

But lol Ganondorf's custom moveset looks amazing.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
palutena is amazing

everyone should drop zelda for ha

lets see

better reflector
better weight
faster speed
better smash attacks
ALL customs are viable
better jab
better aerials
better grab and throws

in contrast to

worse tilts (although up tilt is a better version of zelda usmash)
worse up b

Last edited:

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
But Palutena isn't in Brawl why are we talking about Smash 4 chars in the Brawl section Aerodumb

Rizen

Smash Legend
But Palutena isn't in Brawl why are we talking about Smash 4 chars in the Brawl section Aerodumb
"Reasons" ;)

I hope the Wii U version has a Subspace like adventure mode. Has anyone played Kirby and the Amazing Mirror? Subspace was basically a better version of that game. I really liked it.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
palutena is amazing

everyone should drop zelda for ha

lets see

better reflector
better weight
faster speed
better smash attacks
ALL customs are viable
better jab
better aerials
better grab and throws

in contrast to

worse tilts (although up tilt is a better version of zelda usmash)
worse up b
And Palutena is STILL low tier according to many, lol. Says a lot about Zelda then. Maining anyway.

Once, I get my hands on the game this weekend, I will finally realize how (un)amazing she really is. *w*

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And Palutena is STILL low tier according to many, lol. Says a lot about Zelda then. Maining anyway.

Once, I get my hands on the game this weekend, I will finally realize how (un)amazing she really is. *w*
I've yet to see reasoning for why she is "low tier" so I'm thinking it's people's biased opinions about her. she doesn't even feel like she does that bad on her "horrible" match-ups aside from lil mac and lucario (due to aura getting stronger and Palutena has a bit of trouble killing)

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I've yet to see reasoning for why she is "low tier" so I'm thinking it's people's biased opinions about her. she doesn't even feel like she does that bad on her "horrible" match-ups aside from lil mac and lucario (due to aura getting stronger and Palutena has a bit of trouble killing)
I mean, honestly, it's just waaaaay too early to make tiers for a game that was out only a month ago. Very hard to tell where any character will go from now. Remember that first tier list of Brawl that was released a year into its release? Yeah. Olimar, Diddy and Wario were definitely underrated then. And don't remind me how Zelda was thought to be mid tier at first lol.

We'll just have to keep playing and see how everything fits for the years to come.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
People think shes low tier because they keep accidentally using her tilt attacks.

Her tilts are terrible if not used properly

Also palutenas pummel has about double the dps than zeldas

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Zelda is pretty fun... especially since everybody lets me get away with Farore's Wind KOs.

Tier lists are great for discussion imo and even "official" ones cause controversy and aren't fully accurate anyway.

Oh yes, and I've been playing a LOT of Ganondorf. He's a lot of fun but not viable... though I may have to look into his custom moves since apparently they make him good.

Last edited:

Rizen

Smash Legend
Tier lists are silly things. Although overall I think the Brawl tier list turned out good.

I heard that SSB4 is much better balanced than Brawl (but so is a Jenga tower 10 minutes into the game :facepalm:). Do you girls think Zelda will still be more viable than she was in Brawl, even as a low tier in SSB4?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
zelda is awful this game

also low tiers aren't viable in any fighters with ten or more characters

when people find thier r button, her usability will plummet.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So like

http://smashboards.com/threads/zelda-combos.371422/

Ignore like, the first 5 posts or so.

We may be looking at a guaranteed KO off of grab. Which is now useable. It actually seems to be a true KO combo. We'll see...

Also, Aero, sis

Irrelutena doesn'T have crap outside of grab.

Though she is super fun to screw around and troll with. But, she sucks. BYE.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Got called a projectile spammer and lame today for playing Zelda. Johns ensued but seriously... Din's Fire is easy to manage imo.

Top Bottom