• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^That sucks. I haven't actually played the game yet so I don't have any crazy ideas for DownB :urg:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Not sure why use it like that if we have Nayru, which reflects projectiles....

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
October 3rd can't come any sooner for me to see just how (maybe less?) bad Zelda is in this game. :////

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Tbh I'm not seeing me returning as a Zelda main.. I'm just not happy with some of the changes they have made the knight being one, Utilt (i preferred it being able to kill..) and a few others.
@#HBC | Scary I'm keeping a spot reserved in my 3ds for you once you get a 3ds (though i do have room for 27 more fcs including the one spot..)

Foughen

Banned via Warnings
Gerls I found a video of Zelda her custom moves.
I can't post a link though so let me go make 8 more quick post first.

Foughen

Banned via Warnings
Nvm it's already been posted but.

I'm torn between which din's to use.

Like the regular one looks like ****, Din's sniping is so fast but dat hit box isn't going to hit anyone.

The timed one seems situational :/

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
From a Zelda point of view I hated this matchup, so in a sense I'm relieved that Pikachu may be somewhat easier to deal with now. XD
That's coldhearted man. ;__;

& I'm with the waiting-for-the-Wii-U-ers, I got the demo but don't think I'mma buy the 3ds version. Controls suck, don't want to **** up my handheld...... I can wait.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Unfortunately i can't wait for the Wii-U if i want to battle people that are on this site.. I'll only be able to battle anyone here using the 3ds version..
probably already said that though..

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Nvm it's already been posted but.

I'm torn between which din's to use.

Like the regular one looks like ****, Din's sniping is so fast but dat hit box isn't going to hit anyone.

The timed one seems situational :/
I'd go for the last one, because it resembles P:M Zelda's Din's Fire... kinda. And I liked that, so I'll probably stick with that, at least for matches that use custom moves. :3

That's coldhearted man. ;__;
Shh-- I do what I do when it comes to MUs I don't like. ccc:

Unfortunately i can't wait for the Wii-U if i want to battle people that are on this site.. I'll only be able to battle anyone here using the 3ds version..
I'll be getting the 3DS version, but at this rate, school will occupy me too much. Then the Wii U version will be out when I get the time, so-- ^^;;

Anywho, HMU if you want, and if I have the time, when the 3DS version is out. XD

Foughen

Banned via Warnings

Eaux well PaletunaMaster_1.

On a side note, I'm a bit pressedT at how good Paletuna is looking to be.

Sakurai's bias is showing....

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Just use Arrow_of_light since that's what I'd change my username if i ever got premium membership

I'll be getting the 3DS version, but at this rate, school will occupy me too much. Then the Wii U version will be out when I get the time, so-- ^^;;

Anywho, HMU if you want, and if I have the time, when the 3DS version is out. XD
Ok I'll be getting it on release and i only have one class for this semester so I'll be free to battle. But the class is only on Tuesday/Thursday and the Times i get picked up vary by week..
(Not sure about your location but I'm on the East coast US. For time zone reasons..)

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm on the West Coast of Canada, so times line up at least somewhat well! ^^

Rizen

Smash Legend
Lol, the benefit of being in small smash areas. I'm THE Link, Wolf, Zelda and Ganon player of CO.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
So am I. Why haven't we met, unless you're AB?

I mean I am *the* Zelda player of BC. Any non-PM player knows about Zelda, haha.
Just realized that you are also from Vancouver, haha. XD

Well, I'm not a competitive tournament player to begin with, so that's probably why we've never seen each other, haha.

EDIT: Were you at a Project M tournament at an anime convention in August? I was playing a few friendlies there, and there was one Zelda player that was pretty good.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
No, I'm Asian. I don't play Project M, and I don't think that guy plays anything else. I think I know who you are talking about and he used to play Zelda in Brawl, but not so much anymore. He may have an edge over me in PM though due to the large amounts of gimmicks, but that's it.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
No, I'm Asian. I don't play Project M, and I don't think that guy plays anything else. I think I know who you are talking about and he used to play Zelda in Brawl, but not so much anymore. He may have an edge over me in PM though due to the large amounts of gimmicks, but that's it.
Ah. I see. I just played a bit of PM because it was conveniently present when I was there. I don't play it as seriously as Brawl though, mainly because I'm not that good anyway.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Doesn't matter if you're awesome or crappy at any game, definitely get involved. Have you joined the BC Facebook group? There should be a link in the sig and I'd love to meet you sometime!

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Apparently there was a Smash 3DS tournament, and a Zelda player got to Grand Finals. The player did switch halfway through, but the playlist below has lotsa footage from this guy playing Zelda.

http://youtu.be/sV2z95qRNyI?list=UU5WNBHwgluAwWJE5QV-5_TA

I think in this tournament, custom moves were allowed, but I'm not sure if that Farore's Wind is one of those customizable moves. I mean, the guy used it FAIRLY extensively, and it even killed at around ~70-80% at one time. O.O

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Apparently there was a Smash 3DS tournament, and a Zelda player got to Grand Finals. The player did switch halfway through, but the playlist below has lotsa footage from this guy playing Zelda.

I think in this tournament, custom moves were allowed, but I'm not sure if that Farore's Wind is one of those customizable moves. I mean, the guy used it FAIRLY extensively, and it even killed at around ~70-80% at one time. O.O
I thought custom moves was only for the wii u version wasn't it?

this video actually gives me hope for Zelda though, even though i cringed at the UpB abuse lol

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299

Are you the guy who asked who we are maining on the FB group? If so, we probably live like 10-15 mins apart, lol.

Rizen

Smash Legend

Zelda looks like she has less lag and the Farow's and ledge snap buffs are good.

With that said, it looks like the Zelda player simply outplayed the opponent so it's hard to determine how good she actually is.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Are you the guy who asked who we are maining on the FB group? If so, we probably live like 10-15 mins apart, lol.
OMG yeah. XD

I had a feeling you posted on my post maybe? X3

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yeah, but I wasn't going to admit that on FB. I remain relatively unknown to the P:M players, which seems to be over half of the people in the group :(

But yeah, we can always practise with each other preferably when Smash 4 for WiiU comes out if you plan to be competitive in that :) I'm probably going to stop playing the 3DS version when the WiiU version is out.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Played Zelda in Melee for a few hours today. Got totally wrecked and I'm sad :(

The guys do have over 5+ years on me but it's still discouraging to not see progress after putting in some work in the lab.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Played Zelda in Melee for a few hours today. Got totally wrecked and I'm sad :(

The guys do have over 5+ years on me but it's still discouraging to not see progress after putting in some work in the lab.
Don't worry. I'm sure progress was still made even if it was a lost. It's hard to use a really bad character, especially in a game as polarizing as Melee. A lost still builds you, so keep trying! c;

Plus, I bet 100% that you can beat me in Melee lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Don't worry. I'm sure progress was still made even if it was a lost. It's hard to use a really bad character, especially in a game as polarizing as Melee. A lost still builds you, so keep trying! c;

Plus, I bet 100% that you can beat me in Melee lol.
I was at Meta's place yesterday and he lives in the Como Lake area and I'm a 10 minute-ish drive from there. Should play with us/me if Melee isn't your thing. My place or yours.. or Meta's :)

And thanks I try but yesterday I just defaulted to Peach once we went over to BO10's place near Metrotown.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I was at Meta's place yesterday and he lives in the Como Lake area and I'm a 10 minute-ish drive from there. Should play with us/me if Melee isn't your thing. My place or yours.. or Meta's :)
I actually live really close to Como, maybe also a 10 minute drive? Well, for now, ain't got the time for Smash unfortunately right now. I definitely can try in maybe December though, but that's a long ways away from now lol.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I actually live really close to Como, maybe also a 10 minute drive? Well, for now, ain't got the time for Smash unfortunately right now. I definitely can try in maybe December though, but that's a long ways away from now lol.
No worries since Smash 4 Wii U won't be a thing until late November but it'd be cool to meet sometime before.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
so who is everyone's best character in the demo?
mine be Pikachu (goggle Pikachu FTW right @ KayLo! KayLo! ? :p) and Mega Man
I like to use Link, but I guess I'm not really that good with him, haha. Villager and Mario are pretty cool for me as well. I can at least kill a Lv1 CPU with Mario 5 times on Final Destination Battlefield in 2 minutes, but eh, nothing really spectacular.

I just really want mai Zelda though. ='(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Subscribed!

I'm not focusing too much on character control since I don't plan on using the demo characters. My best would be villager though. I'm doing my best to get a grip on vectoring. When things get close, I end up DI-ing instead :(

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I've been playing it since it came out just to get a feel for the controls and Mechanics of the game and to help with something to play until it's finally Oct 3rd.. my mains aren't going to be one of the five either..

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What are you using to record all that footage? I think I want to upload stuff when Smash 4 for Wii U is out... especially since it's so close to Christmas I'm sure there will be a lot of time to play.

Last edited:
Top Bottom