• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
If ya guys haven't seen it yet. The Japanese got their hands on a demo of the game, and here's what they report. Not much Zelda news, but those ledge-grab mechanics look like they are reverting back to pseudo Melee-style. I don't know if I like that, but this may have some impact on how Zelda plays, especially with her recovery.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=889829

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
And they have a white dress Zelda unfortunately the knight doesn't hurt players up close and personal so she seems to be horrible again when they are up in her grill.. What is her best option when they get in from what we've seen? With Dsmash's range reduced (iirc) it may not work as well as it was in brawl..

Rizen

Smash Legend
DIDDY KONG:
- Diddy kong only gets 1 banana. If you pull another It disappears
META KNIGHT:
- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.
His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.
:lol:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
And they have a white dress Zelda unfortunately the knight doesn't hurt players up close and personal so she seems to be horrible again when they are up in her grill.. What is her best option when they get in from what we've seen? With Dsmash's range reduced (iirc) it may not work as well as it was in brawl..
At this rate, it's tough. Not sure if D-Smash got a nerf, but only a few more days until the Japanese can fully get their hands on the game and experiment. Nayru's Love or Jab may be stuff that's usable but IDK--

DIDDY KONG:
- Diddy kong only gets 1 banana. If you pull another It disappears
META KNIGHT:
- Meta knights up b is like Marth's up b. It hits people like once and sorta knocks them away and has an upward direction to it.
His tornado still has a lot of hits but you can DI it pretty easy because the hits are actually less frequent, I don't know yet about its priority.
:lol:
YEEEEA, NERFS THAT MAKE IT SOMEWHAT BETTER IN DEALING WITH THESE MUs.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
A Marth nerf is extremely welcome. I wonder if the vs. Diddy metagame would involve holding his banana for as long as possible?

Looking forward to seeing everybody crush the competition through Farore's Wind.

Off topic, but I think I vastly improved my powershield game as Zelda against Falco in Melee :)

#blog

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
At this rate, I can only see Palutena as a better Zelda--

In fact... will there be ANY character that is inferior to Zelda as a character? :////////

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
DAMN I USED RED IN BRAWL TOO-- XD

Eh, I might use either Red or Purple. But the purple Zelda is blonde, and I prefer brunette-- #JustSmashProblems

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Diddy update. As was mentioned earlier, he only gets one banana. When that banana trips somebody, the banana disappears. Diddy also seems to have reduced power and a hugely nerfed recovery. <3

Falco seems pretty awful now too :)

Sheik looks amazing.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Holy crap. That's a HUGE Diddy nerf, yo. And at least for Zelda, thank the gods if Falco is nerfed too.

Anyone got an email today from Nintendo getting the download code for the 3DS Smash demo for select platinum users?

Rizen

Smash Legend
So Falco is officially confirmed?
Is SSB4 for the 3DS out in Japan?

I wish ZSS hadn't been buffed. But she did lose her powersuit pieces at the start of games so that's a nerf.

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Yes, Falco is confirmed. The entire roster has been confirmed. Smash 4 came out today in Japan, but was leaked two days early so we already knew the roster at that time.

ZSS and Kirby both got nerfed, especially in their side b and up throw respectively. I wonder why? :p

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Got my demo, but I'm here to beg on a friend's behalf. So if anyone has a spare code they're not giving away or selling, pleasepleaseplease PM me. Ty. <3

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Played some 3DS Smash Demo. Thought I wouldn't get one, but huzzah, I did. XD

Mario feels pretty strong in this game. This might be his best variant, and that's saying quite a bit.

Link.... I dunno. He's better, but not really by much, unless I'm really mistaken--

Don't like Pikachu that much in this version lol.

What is a Megaman?

.... Who's the last character again?

..... Yeah, I'm a reliable source--

Rizen

Smash Legend
Darn, so wolf really didn't make it in :( Is Ganon in?
I wish a Wii U demo would come out. I'm missing out :(

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Ganondorf is confirmed in. But I'm pretty sure he's Falcondorf, so that's a disappointment.

Also, tried a bit of Villager. Holy hell, that Up B recovery alone can help him go under Battlefield from one ledge to the other. And that Fair and Bair slingshot stuff is like that Falco **** all over again. Very strange character. XD

General mechanics. Can only regrab ledge one second after you've let go. Same goes for grabbing the opponent. Air dogding before you hit the ground gives you severe ending lag, so it's something not as (ab)usable. Hitstun feels like an in between of Melee and Brawl. Link can ledge grab with his clawshot (I guess that's useful in a Zelda forum?). I'll add more stuff when I can.

Oh, and Pikachu can ledge cancel his Up-B, so I'm guessing we can still use some Zelda Farore Wind shenanigans when the full game is out. c:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Pikachu can interrupt any combo with Thunder. Shieldstun is minimal.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Will someone please link an official roster? There are a lot of fakes out there.
Here ya go. c:

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1170128/article_post_width_SmashFullRoster.jpg

For those who are for some reason still innocently have not seen the entire roster, don't click the link above, and here's the blergh from me below. XD

Basically, the leak from a few weeks ago turned out to be true. This means Wolf, ICs, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas and Snake were cut from Brawl. Dr. Mario makes a return from Melee too. Why. And Dark Pit too. Why.

I guess Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog do make things better? ... Not by much. XD

Rizen

Smash Legend
Here ya go. c:

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1170128/article_post_width_SmashFullRoster.jpg

For those who are for some reason still innocently have not seen the entire roster, don't click the link above, and here's the blergh from me below. XD

Basically, the leak from a few weeks ago turned out to be true. This means Wolf, ICs, Squirtle, Ivysaur, Lucas and Snake were cut from Brawl. Dr. Mario makes a return from Melee too. Why. And Dark Pit too. Why.

I guess Bowser Jr and Duck Hunt Dog do make things better? ... Not by much. XD

Holy ****-**lls Duck Hunt's real?! But then again, I didn't think Wii Fit Trainer was real either.
Where are Dixie, Tails, Knuckles, Mewtwo, a 2nd Earthbound character, etc?!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Duckhunt Dog is godly... at least on FD (which is 100% of the time in online play).

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
A good idea is to ask the Japanese. But yeah, it's the legit roster.

http://youtu.be/7r16HoG92hs - Gameplay of DHD

The character select screen this time seems to separate direct clones and put them in a mini group, hence some characters like Lucina is not in the Fire Emblem section.

Rizen

Smash Legend
I feel like I'm in some weird video game cross over dream. :dizzy:
Also why would the duck help the dog?!

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Pikachu is almost perfect except he can't kill. At all. Like on some real ****, unless you land a charged smash, he has no finishers that kill before ~120% and that was me playing vs. Mario bot. It's a little worrying.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Pikachu is almost perfect except he can't kill. At all. Like on some real ****, unless you land a charged smash, he has no finishers that kill before ~120% and that was me playing vs. Mario bot. It's a little worrying.
Felt the same as well. I also think he feels a bit sluggish compared to previous versions but IDK.

From a Zelda point of view I hated this matchup, so in a sense I'm relieved that Pikachu may be somewhat easier to deal with now. XD

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
From what I've seen from Palutena she seems to be pretty good
Usmash is S tier when timed right (Think of Pikachu's thunder in Brawl but a bit wider and not overhead)
very mobile in the air
Won't be using light weight though..
Potentially not as punishing with Fsmash, Dsmash on hit thanks to the wind boxes pushing opponents away

Fair is pretty much a copy of Zelda's but with no sweet spot..

Last edited:

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
There's a few subtle things that are kinda neat.

Ledge warping is back. It also grants decent time on the ledge if you decide to just snap the ledge. Also, having a ledge warp accompanied by the LOLZ new power of FW reappearance is kinda nice.

I'm concerned about over ledge to ledge recoveries but I'm also bad on a 3DS joystick so it could be me but every time I tried a high to low recovery, it overshot and I died.

Dtilt leads to free kicks around 70% and over

Dthrow has minimal KB growth and can lead to ALL aerials although DIing away can still happen it appears.

Phantom is the most useless thing I've ever been given in a game. EVER. Probably will only use it for defense purposes once that's further explored.

Dins is alright, splash damage has super nerf but the sweetspot has ample strength. The hitbox is also "what you see is what you get". No hilariously large hitbox this time around.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Pretty much.

My idea for this thing includes, use it as meat shield, use it as a meat shield and then use it as a meat shield to mix it up. Any thoughts of using it as an attack can be taken elsewhere unless I'm missing something. I will let everyone else figure the phantom out, because as far as I'm concerned, this move isn't even worth my time at the moment.

Top Bottom