• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ZGD: Livin by a thread.

Rizen

Smash Legend
^Thanks, you get this picture:

Is Pika, better, worse or about the same in SSB4? S/He's always been good.

Ugh, I'm sick. I hope I feel better tomorrow.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
@ Rizen Rizen I say pikachu got worse from what i can tell in the demo.. All of pika's quick attack shenanigans are gone (or at least i couldn't get the timing) and pikachu has even more trouble killing.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Is Pika, better, worse or about the same in SSB4? S/He's always been good.
@ Rizen Rizen I say pikachu got worse from what i can tell in the demo.. All of pika's quick attack shenanigans are gone (or at least i couldn't get the timing) and pikachu has even more trouble killing.
After playing him and talking to other Pikas, it's hard to say. He has some neat new tricks (thunder-cancelling combos), and the loss of QAC really isn't that big of a deal since it was never a game-winning tech to begin with. Mostly just a cute mixup. The loss of CGs hurts him more imo since he didn't get CG'd by anyone (except ICs, RIP) but could CG a decent number of the high tiers.

Also can't tell if his killing problems are him or partially the fact that everybody seems to live forever in general now because of the ****ing huge blastzones on a lot of stages + vectoring.

If he still has combos
and a good camp game, he'll prob be mid tier. Not as high as he was in Brawl, but still a solid character. Def gonna need secondaries though.

EDIT: One pro Pika thinks his game will largely revolve around edgeguarding now, which I can agree with. It might be the only reliable way he can get kills -- he's still a beast off the stage.

Ugh, I'm sick. I hope I feel better tomorrow.
Feel better, boo. :c

Last edited:

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
Played Zelda in Melee for a few hours today. Got totally wrecked and I'm sad :(

The guys do have over 5+ years on me but it's still discouraging to not see progress after putting in some work in the lab.
Honestly the last time i played Melee Zelda i yearned for Brawl Zelda and just stayed Peach/JP the rest of the time. Melee Zelda is atrocious, at least brawl Zelda can land a hit sometimes XD

I'm shamelessly advertising my youtube gaming channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzImTgcezo2GjH4BpzAuRfA/playlists
I do stuff like reviews, guides on how to play parts of games, Monster Hunter solo hunts, Final Fantasy stuff and I'll add more next gen stuff when it comes out. Check it out if you're interested.
subscribed lol

so who is everyone's best character in the demo?
mine be Pikachu (goggle Pikachu FTW right @ KayLo! KayLo! ? :p) and Mega Man
I'm mostly just playing the demo to get used to playing on 3DS, but i was gonna at least partially main the Villager anyway so i've stayed as them. with a little Mega inbetween for projectile trolling.

EDIT

Also can't tell if his killing problems are him or partially the fact that everybody seems to live forever in general now because of the ****ing huge blastzones on a lot of stages + vectoring.
I think that and everyone has an overall power down for the veterans at least. so no ones really weaker, just different engine strength

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

Gatekeeper of the Shadows
NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Played some casual matches on PM with Zelda against some uncompetitive people yesterday. Maybe it's because it was free-for-all or something, but yeah I was pretty atrocious. Kept losing to a guy spamming smash attacks with Ike lol.

At the same time, Brawl is probably going to phased out in favour of Sm4sh (we'll see), while PM will still be big (especially in Western Canada for some reason). PM will be something I might have to get into in order to at least be able to play some people here, haha. I'm going to miss Brawl. :'c

Alas it's time to adapt, or I'll lose to more scrubs smh. =ccccc

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Played some casual matches on PM with Zelda against some uncompetitive people yesterday. Maybe it's because it was free-for-all or something, but yeah I was pretty atrocious. Kept losing to a guy spamming smash attacks with Ike lol.

At the same time, Brawl is probably going to phased out in favour of Sm4sh (we'll see), while PM will still be big (especially in Western Canada for some reason). PM will be something I might have to get into in order to at least be able to play some people here, haha. I'm going to miss Brawl. :'c

Alas it's time to adapt, or I'll lose to more scrubs smh. =ccccc
Play with me and you'll get decent (not top level or anything) :)

I'm very likely not playing Zelda in Smash 4 because of the people I will have to deal with in the Smash 4 Zelda board.

Last edited:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Lol maybe sometime when I'm free, haha. Really want to step up my game in preparation for Sm4sh.

And LOL goodbye potential Zelda Sm4sh main.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Haven't looked into them but how are Palutena and Rosalina in Smash 4?

Sister showed me this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvU-cRvp_tY

5 seconds of English Palutena.
Palutena is looking pretty good tbh. Her Rolls and spot dodging are the best because of the invisibility (hardest to read). Up smash has good ko potential at middle range Fsmash and Dsmash has wind boxes for some gimping potential. Tilts are unsafe on shield but have good knockback. Jab very nice option to get anyone out of her face (can combo into grab from what i've seen). Dash can block projectiles (Bair can as well) and has good knock back
Aerials Fair comes out quickly (like Zelda's Bair) Uair small hitboxes but ko potential (think of Pit's Uair in brawl) Dair is a pretty decent Spike move. Nair is decent and good for racking up damage

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
So to all the peeps flaming 'bout the Smash 4 Zeldur boards:

You are incredibly right.

Can we please just have a mod outright BAN whatever A2ZOMG or whatever their name is? They're way too hostile and 'know-it-all' ish. They've already picked a 'fight' about Zelda with Aero, Aleate, and Rizen. You hurt my Zeldas, I will burn you. (Now If only I had the right GIF...)

Seriously, I'd almost rather have Fuujin's original account unbanned. At least he'll no longer be maining Zelda.

Also, gorls, as soon as this game is out, I'll be furiously creating a top tier data thread. So for any of you that will still main our princess, keep an eye out~ ;)

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A2 has always been like that lol
He was a pain when BBrawl was being developed, he insisted that G&W was terrible because his Smashes could be Powershielded on reaction everytime.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ Aero, sis, you obviously haven't seen some of my past SSB4 Zelda boards posts like, before they got active with close-to-release buzz.
Let's just say I have my own form.

Oh yeah,

Dear A2ZOMG:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I don't visit the Sm4sh Zelda forums often lol. But from what I'm hearing I'm glad I have our lovely princess sisters here. Stay classy, y'all. :3

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ is that supposed to be Japan's first collective impressions? Or is that just one player?

What first caught me was Zelda wasn't in bottom tier! :D simply put, that made me smile, regardless of how or who determined this.

Also, Ganon > Palutena > Who is last place. This nearly made me laughter out loud fo' real. I doubt it'll last long.

But dat WFT placement doe... ; w ; @ Alacion Alacion better yet, post it in the Palutena boards. I wanna see their reaction! XD

Last edited:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
From what Google translate says, it was a collective effort. SHI Gaming is possibly something like Clash or VGBC.

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
I'm pretty sure Palutena won't be the worst character in the game. Ganondorf confirmed to be Dan of Smash lol.

I hope WFT isn't that bad. :c

Praise Zelda's graduation from bottom tier~

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
I'm CERTAIN WFT will not be that bad. She has too much going for her.

She could pretty much jab > bury > Dsmash (Or Fsmash on certain chars) at over 120% for an almost confirmed KO. Not to mention just jab burying at nearly any percent can lend you a free Ftilt or Dtilt, which is extra percent with no effort.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
^ Thanks for the new GiF gifT good sis.

Posting it for keepsies since you'll be banned in a few hours, I presume.

Edit: Oh, putting this here too:

MighT need it later.

Edit 2 : Oh geez, I laugh every time the woman falls over. :joyful:

Edit 12894563957239 :

Gurl, u made my search needs non-existent.

^This GiF was always close to my hearT. #GiFHolderPost​

Last edited:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
To be fair two of the Japanese matches of Palutena that I've seen looked like they didn't know how to use her properly.. some of the player's Palutenas that have the game in the Palutena boards looked much better and more refined.. but that's just from what I noticed.. she does seem to have a high learning curve from what they've said.

also less than a day remains :awesome:

SBphiloz4

NNID
SBphiloz4
3DS FC
3325-2450-2084
Preordered my copy a little late. And because midterms next week, I won't be able to touch the game anyway until at least my exams are done... ; w ;

Soon though. Soon.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Really funny picture my friend T-block took. He is the player I have played against the most and helped me improve as much as I have (as a Peach player).

Top Bottom