• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Video Thread and Analysis

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
How often do you get away with the Up air -> fair to just yolo flip jump kick at people?

I tend to like to hold onto my stock since I have my typical Ryoko SD's but that might be the type of Disrespect I need to add to my game xD.

I like the way you close some of your kills, Some of them seems a bit dicey but players might not always be expecting that :p.

DanishButrCookies

Smash Scientist
NNID
danishbutrcookie
3DS FC
3540-1230-7552
How often do you get away with the Up air -> fair to just yolo flip jump kick at people?

I tend to like to hold onto my stock since I have my typical Ryoko SD's but that might be the type of Disrespect I need to add to my game xD.

I like the way you close some of your kills, Some of them seems a bit dicey but players might not always be expecting that :p.
That's actually not me playing lol, it's a player by the name of K i R (Kyle is real). He's got a music channel that he posts some gameplay on if you want to ask him.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Went to MVG Frame Perfect this weekend. First tourney in about two months and did better than expected. Got 19/130+. I have one video recorded against a Power Ranked player and won the set, so please critique! Went Game 3 against Nick Riddle in the ditto and Game 3 against a top sheik in Florida. I felt I could've taken the set against Sheik, but college really sucks up time.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I just picked up ZSS a week or so ago and was wondering if anyone could give me a critique on a set.

I know several of the mistakes are me just not being familiar enough with the timings and spacings of the character, but any comments are appreciated.

Peahnuts

Smash Cadet
Not really a match for analysis, but I've put together some highlights from some sets and tournament plays. I chose to organise the clips similar to Trifoze (so upb kills together, spikes together, etc) but it's come off a bit more repetitive that my previous videos & I've received criticism for that woops. Oh well. I hope you guys enjoy. (:

Also obligatory "dreading the upcoming patch in regards to balance" comment haha. Looking forward to Cloud though.

Zero

Smash Hero
Hi everyone,

I'm an alright ZSS player doing alright in locals and nationals here, but I'm feeling a bit stagnant and after some brutal criticism on how I can improve my game.

Here are some videos of mine from the last 3 weeks.

WS vs MM (The Kount) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dygbV9BRHvM (loss 2-0)
LQ vs Randy Savage (Luigi, Toon Link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEofBlJSX2g (win 2-0)
LS vs Scarpian (Ryu) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eF4Uk3k34YA (win 3-1)
LF vs MM (The Kount) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5LftJtBqmo (loss 3-0)

LS vs Baker (Little Mac) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmdDfV4Bq7I (win 3-0)
LF vs Randy Savage (Toon Link) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBfqpysZmKw (win 3-0)
GF vs Scarpian (Ryu) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3PprJjUqyw (loss 3-2)

LQ vs Randy Savage (Luigi) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GG-32gZEbk4 (win 2-1)

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Not really a match for analysis, but I've put together some highlights from some sets and tournament plays. I chose to organise the clips similar to Trifoze (so upb kills together, spikes together, etc) but it's come off a bit more repetitive that my previous videos & I've received criticism for that woops. Oh well. I hope you guys enjoy. (:

Also obligatory "dreading the upcoming patch in regards to balance" comment haha. Looking forward to Cloud though.
I am actually like doing my WIP zss comp video I still haven't decided what to call it doh.

Kinda feeling : The Chozon One
[no suit. My lyfe/wyfe. ] not sure which sounds better or
Zero Johns Samus

No idea atm I am currently waiting for my nootropics to arrive preferably my adrafinil so I can hammer it out and make it not look like poop.

Unlike my last one around 3 years ago.

Also Take 5 Take 5 what are you using in your astetically pleasing recordings of the Bae?

I am using my elgato coupled with obs but every recording seems to have some annoying black box instead of having the image stretch to fit the screen.
+ we still need to do those wifi dittos ;).

Last edited:

Take 5

Smash Apprentice
I am actually like doing my WIP zss comp video I still haven't decided what to call it doh.

Kinda feeling : The Chozon One
[no suit. My lyfe/wyfe. ] not sure which sounds better or
Zero Johns Samus

No idea atm I am currently waiting for my nootropics to arrive preferably my adrafinil so I can hammer it out and make it not look like poop.

Unlike my last one around 3 years ago.

Also Take 5 Take 5 what are you using in your astetically pleasing recordings of the Bae?

I am using my elgato coupled with obs but every recording seems to have some annoying black box instead of having the image stretch to fit the screen.
+ we still need to do those wifi dittos ;).
I also use the Elgato Game Capture HD. If the recording has a black box around the screen, you may need to adjust your screen resolution settings on the Wii U (I had a similar problem). And yes, we do :p

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I also use the Elgato Game Capture HD. If the recording has a black box around the screen, you may need to adjust your screen resolution settings on the Wii U (I had a similar problem). And yes, we do :p

Hmm weird I tried checking both 720p and 1080 maybe I should check between 1080p or 1080i to see if there's a difference.

I also tinkered with the "line the arrows up with the corners of the screen" thing.

Maybe I habe smash it's self set at the wrong definition.

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
Hmm weird I tried checking both 720p and 1080 maybe I should check between 1080p or 1080i to see if there's a difference.

I also tinkered with the "line the arrows up with the corners of the screen" thing.

Maybe I habe smash it's self set at the wrong definition.
What program are you using? The one that came with the Elgato, OBS, or Xsplit?

I only know OBS, but if that's it you can hold the ALT key and drag the resize-lines and it'll crop it; just remove the black bars and you're good to go!

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
At some point, when I have enough footage, I want to make a highlight reel. Or I suppose, since I like the word so much, a "hype" reel, heh heh.

This discussion on equipment is very useful though, I'm actually just commenting so I know where to find it later. When I have a job and some dough.

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24

Was wondering if I could get an analysis on my ZSS, outside of my over-reliance on the Victory Screen combo, which I would like tips on getting kills other ways (I consider myself a technical ZSS and can pull off most, if not all her kill combos/options, I just struggle to execute them in an actual competitive set). I'm particularly interested in the differences between the two sets.

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621

Ned is a local player from the Chicago area who managed to beat Ally 3-1 in GF Set 1. Although Ned lost to Ally, he still put up a good fight and I highly reccomend you ZSS players watch this video. Maybe you guys can learn a thing or two about ZSS. ;)

If you want to see more gameplay footage of our new and upcoming ZSS player Ned, please like and subscribe to the E2C Youtube page!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCB4hZbCOcPE8SbwogZcH0EQ

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
Critique my ZSS please.I am still kinda new to maining her so I know there is a lot to improve. I played against my friend who is around my skill level. Though he played kinda bad this game. Thanks in advanced :)

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24

Slumping really hard lately. Why am I bad? Can someone provide more insight than the ones I've gotten out of this?

Natty_T

Smash Rookie
NNID
Natty_T
3DS FC
1160-9854-7866
Hey, just looking for some general advice on my ZSS - the stream is taken from Port Smash 7, my first match being against Aperture (4:13:20) and the second against BlessedSpartan (4:55:40). I recognise mostly that I make a lot of missed up-bs and seem to struggle with the Sonic match-up. Any kind of feedback would be appreciated, both good and bad, cheers!

4Horse

Smash Rookie
NNID
4Horse
and a montage i made (sorry for double post) :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom