• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Video Thread and Analysis

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
Gonna compile videos and link to some analysis by various comments on each video here.

[collapse="Choco - Japan"]
3DS:

ocsy (Yoshi) - WB5 - October 26

Shu (Sheik) - WB 2 - October 13
Otori (Sheik) WB 3 - October 13
Daiki (Megaman) - Losers Semis - October 13
Rain (Ros&Luma) - Losers Finals - October 13
Nietono (Greninja) - Grand Finals - October 13
Nietono (Greninja) - Grand Finals 2 - October 13
=======DeLux's Analysis Post=======

Earth (Pit) - Winners Quarter Finals - November 23
Chiba (Ness) - Winners Bracket 3 - November 23
Gomibako (Diddy) - Winners Semi Finals - November 23
Hinata (Pikachu) - Winners Finals - November 23
Rain (Diddy) - Grand Finals - November 23

Edge (Diddy) - Grand Finals - December 3

Wii U:

Rain (Diddy) - Winners Finals - December 23
Rain (Diddy) - Grand Finals - December 23

[/collapse]
[collapse="DaisyFan"]
Wii U:

AkaGenesis (R.O.B., ZSS) - Winners Finals - December 18
Darkwolf (Shulk) - Grand Finals - December 18

[/collapse]
[collapse="Dakpo - Texas"]
3DS:

Nidak (ROB, Little Mac) - Winners Bracket - November 3
Denti (Sheik) - Winners Semis - November 3
Grim Turtle (Falcon) - Losers Quater Finals - November 3

Wii U:

Zinth (Palutena) - Winners Quarters - December 13
Lil Will (Diddy) - Winners Semis - December 13
Strong Bad (Diddy) - Winners Finals - December 13
Kami (Lucario) - Grand Finals - December 13

[/collapse]
[collapse="DeLux - Kansas"]
Wii U:
Amazing Ampharos (Rosalina) - Winners Quarters - January 10
Bonds (Sheik) - Winners Semis - January 10
Grunyan (Diddy) - Losers Quarters - January 10
MJG (Diddy) - Losers Semis - January 10
Bonds (Sheik) - Losers Finals - January 10
Shaky (Ness) - Grand Finals - January 10

Amazing Ampharos (Rosa&Luma) - Losers Semis - April 26 2015
CuBones (Sheik) - Losers Finals - April 26 2015
Shaky (Pikachu) - Grand Finals - April 26 2015
[/collapse]
[collapse="False"]
Wii U:

Nakat (Villager/Ness/Falcon) - Grand Finals - December 25

[/collapse]
[collapse=Leon - France]
Wii U:

TKS (Yoshi) - Winners Bracket - December 28
Killone (Jigglypuff) - Winners Quarters - December 28
Phogos (Diddy) - Winners Semis - December 28
Glutonny (Wario) - Winners Finals - December 28
Glutonny (Wario) - Grand Finals - December 28

[/collapse]
[collapse="Nairo"]
Wii U:
Choco (ZSS) - Friendlies - January 29 2015

[/collapse]
[collapse="NickRiddle"]
Wii U:

8BitMan (ROB) - Winners Semis - February 5 2015
ED (Sheik) - Winners Finals - February 5 2015
8BitMan (ROB) - Grand Finals - February 5 2015

Xaltis (Ros&Luma) - Winners Semis - April 30 2015
Leo Heart (Falcon) - Winners Finals - April 30 2015
Leo Heart (Falcon) - Grand Finals - April 30 2015

[/collapse]
[collapse="Officer Jenny"]
Wii U:

Riko (Greninja) - Singles - December 2

Jdawg (King DeDeDe) - Singles - December 9
Boss (Luigi) - Winners Quarters - December 9

[/collapse]
[collapse="Salem"]
Wii U:

DA Will (Donkey Kong) - Winners Bracket - December 1

[/collapse]
[collapse="vaBengal"]
Wii U:

Acid (Falcon, Luigi) - Losers Quarters - March 13 2015
Logic (Olimar) - Losers Semis - March 13 2015
Mik! (Ness) - Losers Finals - March 13 2015
Seagull (Sonic, Sheik) - Grand Finals - March 13 2015

[/collapse]

If you have other videos, I'm willing to archive them. I'm not sure how many will get as much analysis, but it's good to start compiling material. Ideally I'd like to keep videos that are a more recent reflection of the metagame in the OP and I'll archive videos six months or older in the second post.

Last edited:

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Analysis for Nietono vs. Greninja - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE-PL2Jfwxs&list=UUpu15uRsvI2opP78cdslj3Ahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWWjFwqHAy4&feature=youtu.be

- The zoning bread and butter appears to be fast fall Nair, used in a fashion that's very reminiscent of Brawl Marth. My speculation that this is the case is because it's safe on shield especially if zoned correctly. It also leads to various follow ups including Choco going for Fsmash at low percents as well as Fair/Uair at higher percents.

- Choco's mixup game when not working off of Nair was a split between paralyzer and grab. It seemed that the point of Paralyzer was strictly sent out as a scout move. If you watch the match flow, after throwing out a retreating paralyzer, obviously on hit confirm that would lead to the dash grab followup. It gets more interesting though upon the paralyzer whiff, because it appears that it set up a binary of options for Choco to follow.

- When the paralyzer shot, Choco would use it as a chaser in terms of being a scout move. In the event Greninja stayed grounded and shielded the paralyzer, Choco would parlay that into an opportunity to set up the SH Nair wall. I imagine that was done as a scout to read a roll option, as an aggressive forward roll from Greninja in this situation would lead to a higher knockback punish in Bair.

- If Greninja jumped over paralyzer, Choco stayed grounded. I think this is the crux of the paralyzer game, because of the heavy punish lag on converting from aerial to ground in the disadv state for this game. Specifically, it sets up a situation where the opponent leaves themselves open to be aerialed (which is adv given ZSS's strong aerial game) or mixup into avoiding the aerial, where they are at disadv because of air dodges heavy lag, meaning a read leads to a grab for ZSS or worse. He also towards the end also started following up this situation with an additional paralyzer, once he noticed Nietono would pick the passive landing option as opposed to an aggressive aerial option going for the reversal.

- Obviously this leads to an issue because Shield does soft counter the Nair/paralyzer options. I think that's why you see Choco elect for some rogue grab reads. It has some reward, but it has some risk because most of the times he was really opened up revolved around whiffed grabs.

- Choco used very few Zairs and Plasma Whips at neutral. I think I might have seen one or two of each throughout the whole set. It seems pretty obvious as to why - the options are redundant to nair (they lose to shield) without the safety or reward unless the opponent is super far away. However, when the opponent is far away, that's a time you could setup paralyzer.

- In terms of "panic" options, I noticed that on shield for the various aerials, Choco would often go for the an ftilt follow up. I suspect this is because in terms of on block strings, Nair > Ftilt are all moves that are fairly safe on shield. He also used quite a bit of flip jump kick as a disadv recovery reset option, with landing nair as a safety net as well.

- It appears the Nair wall has a weakness to the rush down option. This is demonstrated by Nietono converting a few hypen Usmash reads with Greninja. Probably something to watch out for if you elect to use the wall style of play. I'm surprised that Nietono didn't elect for more pre-emptive counter fairs to stuff the wall, but he's a much more patient player than most (see Brawl Olimar), so he might have just decided to go for war of attrition.

- Staying true to Brawl form, it looks like Choco started fishing for Bairs for kills. He rarely to Never used Uspecial as a kill option. I'm not sure whether there is a reason why he's neglecting U-special that I don't know about, because there were quite a few kill opportunities that I noticed where he could have used it guaranteed as an OOS option. This part of the match probably merits the most discussion, since ZSS's kill options are fairly lackluster.

In Brief - Work off Nair and Paralyzer, Japan isn't using Up Special whatever it's called, we have a problem against shield still

Last edited:

DeLux

I updated the link

Also added the rest of Choco from the playlist

Last edited:

DeLux

I'm fairly certain I am going to dual main Diddy/ZSS for the 3DS. Not sure if that will translate to the Wii U for certain, but it's highly likely.

ZSS is a pretty natural carry over from when I mained her in Brawl, but I think Diddy might have a higher ceiling than her overall.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
I've heard somewhere that Greninja falls out of UpB fairly easily, so that may be why Choco didn't elect to attempt UpB finishers. There were also a few cases in the video where he flip kicked and got hit near the end of the arc. I'm curious as to if there's a reason he didn't go for the kick and try to trade. I suppose there's the potential landing lag and the inability to adjust the arc as much after kicking, but I still might consider that an option if you see them reading your direction that accurately.

Also, Nair to dtilt was a thing. I wonder if that's an effective shield poke.

Just two cents, he's probably quite a bit better than I am!

DeLux

I've heard somewhere that Greninja falls out of UpB fairly easily, so that may be why Choco didn't elect to attempt UpB finishers. There were also a few cases in the video where he flip kicked and got hit near the end of the arc. I'm curious as to if there's a reason he didn't go for the kick and try to trade. I suppose there's the potential landing lag and the inability to adjust the arc as much after kicking, but I still might consider that an option if you see them reading your direction that accurately.

Also, Nair to dtilt was a thing. I wonder if that's an effective shield poke.

Just two cents, he's probably quite a bit better than I am!

Yea, Dakpo and I were doing some testing last night, and there seems to be a trend that if the opponent vectors Up, it increases the probability of getting out of the move. It also seemed to be weight/launch resistance based, with heavier characters having a harder time getting out.

All of these of course under the umbrella of "seemed", not for certain. I fear Buusuto Kikku may be unreliable once the metagame develops, but fingers crossed it's the next Shuttle Loop :p

Last edited:

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
Yea, Dakpo and I were doing some testing last night, and there seems to be a trend that if the opponent vectors Up, it increases the probability of getting out of the move. It also seemed to be weight/launch resistance based, with heavier characters having a harder time getting out.

All of these of course under the umbrella of "seemed", not for certain. I fear Buusuto Kikku may be unreliable once the metagame develops, but fingers crossed it's the next Shuttle Loop :p
This is why I like initial metagames. We're all just shuffling around here, speculating, trying to make sense out of things.

Continuing the discussion on UpB kills, there's also some murmuring on using Dsmash to set up a more reliable UpB hit. Something to the effect of the stun giving you time to really line up the UpB dead center for a guaranteed final hit. If I had a partner to vector my hits, I'd go test it. I'm currently more interested in finding ways to bait off stage or near-edge up B hits... but it seems with the safe edges, it's becoming more common for players to recover low... which sorta removes the [force jump] --> [UpB] type of thinking.

Back on topic for Greninja. Multiple small water shurikens seemed to neutralize the paralyzer game, yielding a rougher time for the ZSS to approach. I think in theory, a patient Greninja player could really capitalize on a more patient game if they were careful enough about reading the approach vs shurikens.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
This is why I like initial metagames. We're all just shuffling around here, speculating, trying to make sense out of things.

Continuing the discussion on UpB kills, there's also some murmuring on using Dsmash to set up a more reliable UpB hit. Something to the effect of the stun giving you time to really line up the UpB dead center for a guaranteed final hit. If I had a partner to vector my hits, I'd go test it. I'm currently more interested in finding ways to bait off stage or near-edge up B hits... but it seems with the safe edges, it's becoming more common for players to recover low... which sorta removes the [force jump] --> [UpB] type of thinking.

Back on topic for Greninja. Multiple small water shurikens seemed to neutralize the paralyzer game, yielding a rougher time for the ZSS to approach. I think in theory, a patient Greninja player could really capitalize on a more patient game if they were careful enough about reading the approach vs shurikens.
In regards to people getting out of up b if I run into someone doing that I'll opt to try the unexpected up b hit after a down smash by fox trotting past them and up bing so they get launched into the last hit of up b when the down smash wears off.[clearly their vectoring determines the end result still but hey]

And in what sense were you talking about multiple shurikens? Did you mean if Zss and Greninja stood in front of each other and just kept spaming lasers/shurikens at each other? Her firing speed seems to go well against other projectiles like arrows/boomerangs from the links and such.

Dr. Tuen

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0559-7294-8323
In regards to people getting out of up b if I run into someone doing that I'll opt to try the unexpected up b hit after a down smash by fox trotting past them and up bing so they get launched into the last hit of up b when the down smash wears off.[clearly their vectoring determines the end result still but hey]

And in what sense were you talking about multiple shurikens? Did you mean if Zss and Greninja stood in front of each other and just kept spaming lasers/shurikens at each other? Her firing speed seems to go well against other projectiles like arrows/boomerangs from the links and such.
I wonder if any of the custom UpB's would be better for chasing like you've described. Doesn't one go up then out at an angle? Then again, for many characters, the standard UpB carries just fine so it might not be worth the switch.

Check out the first video at about the 3:12 mark. Greninja's shuriken fire rate is much faster than the paralyzer's fire rate. With such little cool down, he looks like he can zone out and react when the other player tries to approach.

DeLux

I feel like the threat of ZSS's Nair neutralizes the effectiveness of using Shuriken to neutralize the paralyzer game :p

I say this because the other side of the coin it didn't look like Greninja had anything comparably safe, which I'd argue is advantageous for us because of being proactive rather than reactive.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
I feel like the threat of ZSS's Nair neutralizes the effectiveness of using Shuriken to neutralize the paralyzer game :p

I say this because the other side of the coin it didn't look like Greninja had anything comparably safe, which I'd argue is advantageous for us because of being proactive rather than reactive.
Yeah I see what Tuen means in regards to the shuriken fire rate although that sequence seems a bit iffy since he was jumping and firing. But I concur with Delux in regards to nair although the Greninjas I've faced haven't been that good I have actually been falling in love with Nair all over again it is definitely something that should clean up some of the bigger characters nicely,

So I saw some random Gif about Zeldas roll cancel pivot grab I'm kinda curious as to what effect zss's will have.

DeLux

Yeah I see what Tuen means in regards to the shuriken fire rate although that sequence seems a bit iffy since he was jumping and firing. But I concur with Delux in regards to nair although the Greninjas I've faced haven't been that good I have actually been falling in love with Nair all over again it is definitely something that should clean up some of the bigger characters nicely,

So I saw some random Gif about Zeldas roll cancel pivot grab I'm kinda curious as to what effect zss's will have.
Nair Why 2015

Also going to start calling it "The Lysol Effect" since neutralizing air is 99.9% effective.

Last edited:

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Yep I wanted to let you have the Lysol call there :p. God so I just found out we can go under FD and to the other side Zzzz.

I feel as though Nintendo set me up for this discovery with all the Metroid gimicks of when you get a new item you must explore, said new item being zair (even though it's still side b -_-0) .

Anyways if your curious about this tech which will do nothing but bring hype to the audience if you bust it out in a tournament set.

Start by jumping a decent distance away from the ledge and and tether, Now as Samus is swinging down *sigh* I feel silly for saying this pretend your playing a Metroid game where you would want to cancel the tether (you wont be using it again) , quickly but lightly press down to cancel the tether and take some of that momentum under the stage also make sure you didn't enable fast fall or it will be futile.

Next you just move left or right based on which side you decided to Yolo under waiting a tiny bit before jumping (there is an invisible wall that you'll bump your head on so going a bit lower isn't a big deal), After your jump pray to god you are close enough to the other side because the only way to the edge is down-b's wall jump xD.

I will get a video when I can lol.
Ok I am uploading it now <3.
http://youtu.be/idLNrS8QILU

Last edited:

DeLux

Yep I wanted to let you have the Lysol call there :p. God so I just found out we can go under FD and to the other side Zzzz.

I feel as though Nintendo set me up for this discovery with all the Metroid gimicks of when you get a new item you must explore, said new item being zair (even though it's still side b -_-0) .

Anyways if your curious about this tech which will do nothing but bring hype to the audience if you bust it out in a tournament set.

Start by jumping a decent distance away from the ledge and and tether, Now as Samus is swinging down *sigh* I feel silly for saying this pretend your playing a Metroid game where you would want to cancel the tether (you wont be using it again) , quickly but lightly press down to cancel the tether and take some of that momentum under the stage also make sure you didn't enable fast fall or it will be futile.

Next you just move left or right based on which side you decided to Yolo under waiting a tiny bit before jumping (there is an invisible wall that you'll bump your head on so going a bit lower isn't a big deal), After your jump pray to god you are close enough to the other side because the only way to the edge is down-b's wall jump xD.

I will get a video when I can lol.
Olimar's use to be able to do this in Brawl on stages like Delfino. Fino used to call it "Tarzaning" for obvious reasons.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord
Olimar's use to be able to do this in Brawl on stages like Delfino. Fino used to call it "Tarzaning" for obvious reasons.
xD sounds like a fun time now I guess we should discuss whether or not Olis gonna be a pain in our ass this time around.

Jahordon

Smash Journeyman
I'm fairly certain I am going to dual main Diddy/ZSS for the 3DS. Not sure if that will translate to the Wii U for certain, but it's highly likely.

ZSS is a pretty natural carry over from when I mained her in Brawl, but I think Diddy might have a higher ceiling than her overall.
You really think Diddy has the potential to be better than ZSS? I find it very difficult to set up kills with Diddy, but it's a breeze with ZSS.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Having trouble killing with Diddy?
D-throw > uair at like 130.

My stream layout will be done by the end of the weekend, and I have some videos to upload from a tournament I won last night~

Dakpo

Smash Lord
This thread should be stickied. This is way more important than...LOOKING FOR NEW ZSS PLAYERS!? DOES HER BOOTS MAKE HER HOTTER!?!? I NEED HELP IN RANDOM ASDASDASD MATCH UP.
Welp got 5th at a 75 person tournament. I lost to Ultimate RAAAAzer and Dunti.
I would love some help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2HPH8NSYU&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yaUo4uSUh8&index=22&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq0uM9zv8TI&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

DeLux

This thread should be stickied. This is way more important than...LOOKING FOR NEW ZSS PLAYERS!? DOES HER BOOTS MAKE HER HOTTER!?!? I NEED HELP IN RANDOM ASDASDASD MATCH UP.
Welp got 5th at a 75 person tournament. I lost to Ultimate RAAAAzer and Dunti.
I would love some help
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fp2HPH8NSYU&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3yaUo4uSUh8&index=22&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq0uM9zv8TI&list=UUuBhMqosgW-ECZjJZ9pv0Dg
Hype, I'll add them when I get the chance and probably look through tonight

Watched your winners semis and I already saw a few things you might consider :D

Last edited:

DeLux

Analysis Dakpo vs. Denti

- After the string caps at 1:08 with Nair, probably ought to keep the pressure on. Kind of had a golf moment of admiring that you just dropped 55 on him, but especially with how much punishment one nets from an opponent trying to recover from an air to ground disadv state, getting closer and using the platform probably let's you keep the adv state rather than just resetting to neutral. Could probably poke with something like dtilt or even be at dash attack range while keeping yourself relatively safe if he BF's away. Could even put out a paralyzer, but that of course risks the BF reversal option.

- Watch out for panic Utilts.

- Super quality needle bait punish at 1:50 with Flip jump, especially since he wasn't able to punish empty flip jump earlier in the match.

- A much better example of putting on the pressure I mentioned at 1:08 take place at 1:54, netting you a bair. Although it might be questionable in this situation to go for the ledge drop DJ Bair because of staling at this point. It might be better to pressure from the center of the stage with a less dynamic option coverage, but totally could see why you would go for what you did so might just be splicing hairs at that point.

- I like the paralyzer in that situation (as mentioned earlier on notes for 1:08) and am kinda salty for you that you didn't uair and accidentally naired, so you got stuffed with Fair at 2:01.

- I think in the Wii U version, we'll have to keep in mind the Buusuto Kikku OOS won't work? I feel like it should have there, not sure why it didn't. Maybe you'll have to jump first instead of doing a grounded one at 2:07?

- Not a big fan of that Zair poke on the ledge. You might have to explain what you were going for there outside of maybe trying to poke him into a crappy spot? 2:20

- Welp he finally punished a flip jump kick. I wonder if he letting that go unpunished earlier in the stock was a way to set you up at kill percent. Probably will have to ask Denti if he planned that LOL 2:43

- I am salty for you that Fsmash didn't kill

- I hear you're using Side Special 3. I wonder if that would have been a better option to use instead of Zair at 2:20 for the same risk reward?

- Ok, let's talk about the Dthrow at 3:20. Denti is in a position where he has to worry about Uair because that'll probably kill him at that percent. So acknowledging that, it's pretty obvious he's going to air dodge. Probably should have been more aggressive going after that option and following up your Uair frame trap with the double jump boost kick or even Fair since he trapped himself so hard on the platform with air dodge lag. Be mindful of the terrain with the dthrow followups, I think it'll mean everything later in the metagame when people figure out to shield against ZSS. Great grab though

- I am kind of salty for Denti that you killed him with roll in utilt haha. I guess rolls are problematic in this game ;)

- I really enjoy the reversal with paralyzer because of the threat of Bair at neutral, especially given how he was just getting in your kitchen for free on earlier paralyzers at 4:06

- That was a pretty greedy buusuto kikku, at 4:34, but I can see what you were going for. Probably a rough one to go for given positioning and how hard aerial spot dodge is to hit in frame data for this game. Might reevaluate that option selection in that situation and play it more to frame trap the platforms rather than frame trap the air situations.

- Ok, so maybe side special wasn't better than Zair like I mentioned earlier since you got hit pretty hard for it. Maybe waiting will be better all around. Maybe try old school Brawl dtilt/dash attack?

- We need to look into flip jump burying followups. We can probably lab out something better than double whiff dsmashed.

- So he's been keying your paralyzer game with SH Fair. You might just try doing nothing and baiting that in the future for some OOS boost special or being dynamic and moving around for a mobile option. Or you can keep doing the preemptive fairs that you've been using to open him up 5:00

- Good option, poor execution on the pivot grab at 5:13.

- I think you baited what I was talking about at 5:00 but just botched the punish lol. I see you working though at 5:19

- I am just going to forget that whole sequence happened starting at like 5:27 because the game is obviously a lie

- Not sure how I feel about the YIB CP. But we'll see what happens. I think the tilting ground makes a few things harder, but I like the platform there.

- Forward tilt as a punish has been putting in the work. Very street fighter esque. I wish it lead to more though. Might try dtilt in those situations though for the higher reward, but not quite as fast/safe.

- Pretty excellent play to put you right back in the lead and take the stock. He kinda freebied you with the Dair, but we'll take it.

- Omfg the combo continues.

- Omfg Dair as the combo break lol

- Everything was optimal imo up until 9:20 where you cap off the combo with utilt. You had him frame trapped on that platform and just gave yourself a full stock lead. If that doesn't earn you a greedy boost kick attempt, nothing will

- That was a really good neutral option for Denti at 9:48 with the empty SH to grab. Quite a bit of sequencing to earn that so tip your cap to some solid plays.

- So apparently jab kills, he probably caught you trying to vector out plus rage? Not sure if that normally happens, but we'll have to look into that.

- Good use of being mindful of your flip jumping allowing you to sequence for Dair to reset at 10:19. I'm stealing that.

- I don't know if you planned that exchange at 10:39 but it got the kill. If you told me you planned that, I'd think you're lying. Otherwise I too will start whiff uair, whiff forward tilt, to usmash as a bait haha

- Probably be more familiar with punishing Vanish. I think you let him get away for free for super overcommitting at 11:04.

- I think side special 3 doesn't have a close hitbox. You might rethink your option selection on when you use it, because so far it's getting you killed. Back to the drawing board on that one.

- I kind of winced when you hit him with ftilt on the paralyzer hit confirm. especially since we're near end game, probably should have gone with a grab or even dash buusuto kikku at 12:18. Nerves a little maybe?

- I respect that buusuto kikku oos attempt, I imagined you wanted to reverse it based off your angle.

- Wow, mad respect for the BF from Denti to seal it.

Takeaways - Rethink Side Special options. Clean up some tech errors. I don't think he really out played you too badly (if at all) so you're right in there and you'll get him next time!

Last edited:

Tobi_Whatever

あんたバカァ~!?
NNID
Tobi_whatever
That Dakpo vs. Denti video is a crazy good match. Sheik and ZSSamus seem to be on an equal footing.
Also the damage output as long as ZSS manages to stay below Sheik is great.
Very impressive on both sites, can't wait to watch some pro matches on the Wii U version.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I've got a question for dakpo. What do you think of our shield pressure in this game like is it better or worse or the same? I heard you talk about this before and you said that you would do some testing.

Dakpo

Smash Lord
I've got a question for dakpo. What do you think of our shield pressure in this game like is it better or worse or the same? I heard you talk about this before and you said that you would do some testing.
Its really garbage tbh. We can easily lose to anyone who can shield decently well. I have played some of the other Zero suit players and it just made me sad to see how easy I can win with secondaries by just running and shielding. We NEED the C-stick to space attacks. Hopefully, that will make it better. To beat shield, we have to throw out risky grabs. It's super annoying

David Viran

Smash Lord
Well that sucks . Wait sorry I'm still not sure if that means better or worse. By the way thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Ftilt feels safe on shield, dtilt on the other hand doesn't against most characters. Well spaced bair definitely is, but w/o c-stick it's not a great move on shield. Also, dsmash may be + on block.

As far as grounded follow-ups on flip jump, I've had the most success with Dsmash > up B. Its godlike. At low percents I usually utilt or usmash if I think they're going to pop out really fast.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Ftilt feels safe on shield, dtilt on the other hand doesn't against most characters. Well spaced bair definitely is, but w/o c-stick it's not a great move on shield. Also, dsmash may be + on block.

As far as grounded follow-ups on flip jump, I've had the most success with Dsmash > up B. Its godlike. At low percents I usually utilt or usmash if I think they're going to pop out really fast.
yeah don't forget about nair that is also good on shield.

pichuthedk

Smash Lord

yeah I hate that about. Bair without a cstick but I still try it anyways.

about the grounded follow UPS I'm pretty sure I posted about that on some other page about that after doing it alot to people I kinda feel like the only reason you get the downsmash is because they pop out into it anyways but yeah.

you can try to just land and up b at low percents if you want

extremechiton

Smash Lord
NNID
Extremechiton
3DS FC
1590-4719-6526
Switch FC
SW 5498 9796 6766
ive got serveral replays of my for glory matches with zss.

Los4Muros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Los4Muros
3DS FC
2852-9328-5396
I'm such a big fan of Salem. Ever since I saw a match of him against Nick Riddle I've love how both use Zero Suit Samus. Then when Salem won the 2013 Apex Brawl Tournament, I couldn't be happier for him and kept watching his videos. I hope he sticks to Samus, since I've heard he's been more into Villager now. I also likes the games he would create with the suit parts. With them he could easily take a stock from his rivals. The videos have great quality too, thank you.

David Viran

Smash Lord
Your welcome Salem used villager once in doubles and sheik too but strictly zero suit in singles. I think people were saying his villager was good which it is. Heck he plays every character well. The commentators seemed really surprised that he even used zero suit which I find odd. A lot of people thought he had dropped zero suit before the tournament for some reason.

Edit: He didn't use sheik. I assumed he did because people were talking about his sheik.

Last edited:
Top Bottom