• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus Tricks Video (Update)

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I created a short video explaining a few tricks that might not be new, but aren't used much.

I was very tired when I recorded this, and you might be able to tell by the way I was talking.

Four things covered:

Charging dsmash in dsmash combos
Frontside back air combos
Frontside back air mix-ups
First-hit fair combos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIZ5lj_BP9c

Enjoy.

NEW!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZfKNn0oFw

Three parts to this video:

1. On an opponent who is not shielding
2. On an opponent who has a partial shield (shield poking)
3. And finally, on a shielding opponent.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
FYI Snakeee loves this, and Dazwa just called me to tell me how good this video is. So watch it. ;) Snakeee, Dazwa, and Nick Riddle oh my?!

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Video proof is what I needed for the fair thing, will definitely be using. This is a great walk through, I wish other people could make videos like this when trying to explain their tricks cause it really helps. Good work

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nice vid.
Frontside Bair'ing needs a name.
Something with 'Breast', I dunno.

About that charged 2'nd Dsmash,
I use to Dsmash > Dsmash(no charge) > Jab(1'st hit only) > Aerial follow-up,
If I've got enough time.
Helps refreshing slightly.

Hmm.. Should I charge the 2'nd Dsmash, or Jab, in the future?

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Nice vid.
Frontside Bair'ing needs a name.
Something with 'Breast', I dunno.

About that charged 2'nd Dsmash,
I use to Dsmash > Dsmash(no charge) > Jab(1'st hit only) > Aerial follow-up,
If I've got enough time.
Helps refreshing slightly.

Hmm.. Should I charge the 2'nd Dsmash, or Jab, in the future?
Don't jab after dsmash or they can tech when the stun wears off.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That reverse bair stuff is hot. I'd like to see Nick starting some dash attack locks with bair this weekend.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Reverse bair is really unsafe to land in practice though :( I use it when i get a dsmash at the edge at kill percents if I can't easily spike them, since people sometimes wall tech a stage spike

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
We should probably consider reverse bair into stuff as an option if we land a Dsmash or a fully charged paralyzer.
Even if Dsmash x 2 ---> dash attack -- > Utilt still is the best option to rack up damage at low %.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
There's no doubt: if you hit with a fully charged paralyzer and the opponent is tall enough, running reverse back air is a good punish (or at the very least, a flashy one).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtZfKNn0oFw

This is a new video demonstrating how reverse back air hits a shield. By most characters and in many situations (especially if the character is tall or heavy), this is unpunishable on shield hit. This is very exciting news and is very helpful vs. people who have been trained to simply hug their shield vs. ZSS.

I believe this will be a huge development in some match-ups, especially Snake and potentially Marth.

Three parts to this video:

1. On an opponent who is not shielding
2. On an opponent who has a partial shield (shield poking)
3. And finally, on a shielding opponent.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
How tall do characters have to be though to get hit with this? Because normal rising bair doesn't work on that many characters, it hits falco only if spaced perfectly (impractical). That will determine how useful this, but if it can hit as low as MK then holy shiz.

Checking it out now

Edit: so yeah in that video, you're doing grounded crossover bair most of the time. The only one that is a true fbair is at 5 secs, which hits them in front of ZS. This combos into falling uair which is really nice.

However, this does not hit any lower than a normal rising bair :( my hopes are dashed

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I'm pretty much in love with this video. Good stuff. I love First-Hit Fair applications.
How tall do characters have to be though to get hit with this? Because normal rising bair doesn't work on that many characters, it hits falco only if spaced perfectly (impractical). That will determine how useful this, but if it can hit as low as MK then holy shiz.

Checking it out now
Aaactually I'm not sure. I can't test it right now so let me know. I do know it hits lower than regular rising bair.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
i was unable to hit falco with a rising fbair, only with the thigh hitbox of bair, so yeah this wont work on MK unless his shield gives that much a bigger area to hit (it doesn't)

This is still pretty nice against tall characters though, it combos really well and allows us to do bair out of a run without a rar like you said SFP. Fbair to soft uair strings really well into other stuff

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
The thigh hitbox actually works too... in a few of the clips you see me hit Snake with that hitbox instead which of course knocked him backwards.

Either one works fine.

Sovereign

Game Reaper
NNID
Sovereign90
Are there any noteworthy things that can be done with Nair?

Like, one that I thought was interesting with it, was the backside of Nair, pulls them forward. So, is there anything that can be strung from that or into it?

Zero

Smash Hero
You should have put the dthrow ->upB stuff in, I haven't been able to get it working :\

fair-1 > DA is SEXY.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
I actually like the rising reverse bair as a lead-in to mix-ups. You've got several options out of it. You can air control backwards, then space a uair; you can air control forwards and cross-up bair; you can DJ to try to bait an aerial out of shield (although this is probably least reliable), you can air control into your opponent with a airdodge -> utilt, and you can escape if you feel unsafe with Flip Jump. And just about any of these options can cover more than one option.

Top Bottom