• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus TALKS. First time Samus has ever spoken!

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
Cool. Anyone notice the Zamus' intro with her losing her armor? I hear you can press (Not 1!) a button like L/R and you can be her. Just to let people know XD.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Zelda and Peach have high voices, Zamus' is deeper but not too deep, just perfect. Her voice shows that she's powerful, owange.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Oh My Gosh! That one "Try me" taunt is a throw back to StarFox Assault, where Alesia Glidewell (who now voices Samus) voiced Krystal, who had the same taunt. COOL!

sv3

Smash Apprentice
It would be hard to picture Samus with a higher pitched voice like Zelda and Peach. I think it matches well with her character and the other sounds she's made before (mainly thinking of Metroid Prime grunts/screams)

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
Actually the first time Samus talked was in Super Metriod, hey should call you Mario cause you just got 1up\'d heh. I\'m sorry that had to be done recantly read the qout was looking for a situation like this to use it in.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Actually the first time Samus talked was in Super Metriod, hey should call you Mario cause you just got 1up\'d heh. I\'m sorry that had to be done recantly read the qout was looking for a situation like this to use it in.
Yeah well you need a 1-UP, because haven't got a life.

Sinn

Smash Lord
That was a good one. That one made me chuckle.

And I think the voice is pretty fitting, though I think I might agree that she does sound a little more cocky than expected. But also, keep in mind...Samus's Power Suit is more than likely her most valued possession. How many copies of it can there really be in the universe anyway what with the Chozo being more or less extinct? How do you think you would feel if you had a custom convertible sports car designed by a dead guy, and it got completely blown up? Pretty pissed, I'd imagine. I imagine the cockiness is probably a defense mechanism more than anything else.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That was a good one. That one made me chuckle.

And I think the voice is pretty fitting, though I think I might agree that she does sound a little more cocky than expected. But also, keep in mind...Samus's Power Suit is more than likely her most valued possession. How many copies of it can there really be in the universe anyway what with the Chozo being more or less extinct? How do you think you would feel if you had a custom convertible sports car designed by a dead guy, and it got completely blown up? Pretty pissed, I'd imagine. I imagine the cockiness is probably a defense mechanism more than anything else.
Like how Adrian Andrews does it?

Crescendolls

Smash Cadet
I really like her taunting voice, but when she dies, it gets a little uh...I guess smoker's cough.
She screams "Noooo!" or something like that and it just doesn't work as well as her taunts do.

And you can't compare her to the male characters. Did you think she would be higher than Kirby and Toon Link?

Sinn

Smash Lord
Like how Adrian Andrews does it?
I think I may love you for saying that xD Though I'm sure you could tell how big of a fan I am from my avatar...and Adrian is one of my favorite characters too~

And yes, kinda like that. I mean...in Zero Mission, what do you spend all your time doing in the Zero Suit? RUNNING and HIDING from people. Samus can't do that in Brawl, so what else is she going to do? Put up a strong front and make them lose their confidence.

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
I think I may love you for saying that xD Though I'm sure you could tell how big of a fan I am from my avatar...and Adrian is one of my favorite characters too~

And yes, kinda like that. I mean...in Zero Mission, what do you spend all your time doing in the Zero Suit? RUNNING and HIDING from people. Samus can't do that in Brawl, so what else is she going to do? Put up a strong front and make them lose their confidence.
Ooooh, we're getting deep into the mind of Samus Aran here.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Good voice. I think I will attempt to use samus again although.. with her missiles being nerfed I will most likely have to go to diddy.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
The voice is alright. Her KO sounds are pretty bad, though, at least when you consider the awesomeness of the voice acting in the Prime Games. I imagine side and bottom KOs would sound good just with the sounds Samus makes when you fall in Fuel Gel in Metroid Prime 3. Her star KOs also sound dumb. Just because you're an alto doesn't mean you scream in alto.

I'm not too sure how I feel about the whole, "Is that all?" deal. That doesn't quite strike me as a Samus thing, although for all I know, she says that to herself every time she empties a room full of Space Pirates.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Adrian's one of my favorites as well. Another one of mine is Iris especially when
she reveals that the Dahlia, Phoenix was seeing for months, was actually her, and that she eventually developed true feelings for him despite that she was originally trying to get the poison back. Although, it could be considered an act of love if she did manage to get it back.

Leeroy

Smash Rookie
That voice reminds me of the one girl from Ghost in a Shell. TV show of course, the movie sucked.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
That voice reminds me of the one girl from Ghost in a Shell. TV show of course, the movie sucked.
Major Motoko Kusanagi? Can you imagine her as a ZSS alt. AND a Samus alt. with a Tachikoma power suit?

Zone

Smash Champion
I personally do like her voice.

But the guys saying "Her voice is lower than some of the male characters!"
Well, maybe the male characters sound like little boys or girls. Acting like it makes her sound like a man. IF you can't distinguish her voice from a man's voice. You need to socialize some more.

For all you know she is modest, she takes care of pikachu. You don't really need her to say something super nice in a *TAUNT* which is ment to provoke.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Girls with voices a little low like zss are hot... these guys are probably little kids if they don't like it.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
This reminds me of the malibu stacy episode of the simpons

Lets hope that zamus doesn't have a taunt like "Lets make some cookies for the boys"

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This reminds me of the malibu stacy episode of the simpons

Lets hope that zamus doesn't have a taunt like "Lets make some cookies for the boys"
"Tee-hee, I hope Snake likes the outfit."

Sinn

Smash Lord
Adrian's one of my favorites as well. Another one of mine is Iris especially when
she reveals that the Dahlia, Phoenix was seeing for months, was actually her, and that she eventually developed true feelings for him despite that she was originally trying to get the poison back. Although, it could be considered an act of love if she did manage to get it back.
I love that part too! =D I think the fourth game comes out this month in America...I am so stoked~

Sinn

Smash Lord
Yes the voice of her is really hot but I don't understand what she is saying or better I don't understand 2/3 of her taunts.

1. Is that all?
2.?
3.?

Can someone tell it to me? Or is that only a strange noise?

muesli :)
2. "Oh my..."
3. "Try me."
4. "Oo, harder..." >.> <.<

:: ahem ::

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
2. "Oh my..."
3. "Try me."
4. "Oo, harder..." >.> <.<

:: ahem ::
I hope you don't love me too much for this: One of ZSS' taunts should've involved her whipping the announcer and shouting objection. Also, ZSS is like a blend of Franziska and Adrian.

Top Bottom