• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Zero Suit Samus TALKS. First time Samus has ever spoken!

Sinn

Smash Lord
I hope you don't love me too much for this: One of ZSS' taunts should've involved her whipping the announcer and shouting objection. Also, ZSS is like a blend of Franziska and Adrian.
xD

That makes me laugh like a total dork. And she could totally be their genetically engineered love child too. I can see Franz and Adrian getting along really well...once Franz gets over some of her immaturity >.>

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Hmmm... well this is nice. Nintendo's catching up to the whole voice acting thing!

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
The voice is hawt, and I love the cocky attitude in her voice when she taunts. <3

Man, I just may end up making her my main and making Snake my secondary instead. I mean, look at her, she has the black latex, she's got the whip, she's got the curves, and a sexy voice to go along with it. What other reasons could you ask for to main this fine lookin' woman?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
XD Funny thing is, no one would be making all the SnakexSamus jokes if Snake didn't have the little conversation with Mei Ling.
Actually, they were around before that conversation. Part of it came from Snake looking at Samus' *** from the gameplay trailer.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Girls with voices a little low like zss are hot... these guys are probably little kids if they don't like it.
Or straight.
joke lulz

In all seriousness I cannot understand why anybody would feel the voice suits her. She sounds like a cliché carpet munching action heroine to me.

I don't find ZSS remotely attractive though. Mostly because she's just a computer model. On the topic of finding low voices on women attractive I can most definately say that I do not. If I had a preference it'd be for the ones of a standard pitch for a woman. :ohwell:

Mike87

Smash Ace
Oh, come on, it's not like this is an extremely high-pitched girly voice. This is Samus. This is what Samus would sound like, and I think it's almost perfect. Prime voice would've been good, but I honestly don't think it matters much, because what's available here is still really good and very suitable.
I kind of prefer her voice from the Prime games. Whatever, its cool anyway.

Black/Light

Smash Master
Wow, I really like this voice! Sounds like (as said before on this thread) Uma Thurman from Kill Bill and Major from Ghost in a Shell.

As in, a strong woman who has some real battle experience behind her and she knows she can kick some a**. I really like that. . .she doesn't come off as some lil soft cheer-leader so the deepness is very well a good pick.

And I really want to see more good vids of her. She seems to be one of the few characters that don't get much attention now-a-days. These VA just about sealed the deal for me. . . of my 5-6 team of mains she just bummed Sonic seeing as she has some actual kill moves that look strong.;)

dorky24

Smash Rookie
That voice.....its just......sexy.......gack! too sexy! like captain falcon pawnch sexy!

greenblob

Smash Lord
Although I would rather have Samus be more of the strong, silent type, the voice is growing on me. It's good to see that while she's a woman, she's probably the most manly of the Smash Bros. cast.

WhiteDragon

Smash Cadet
Well, they probably won't, seeing how Samus is in English.
That doesn't always matter...sometimes they just decide to CHANGE the English voice to someone else for some random arbitrary reason *shrugs*

Anyway, I'm happy with the way they chose to do it, and I wasn't sure how well they'd do if they ever tried voicing her, so lets hope :)

Xarias

Smash Journeyman
Her taunt says "Try me."?

I thought she was saying "Priming...", as a shout out to the Prime series. It also kinda fits the taunt because it looks like she's readying her whip.

Maybe I'm just hearing things...

Captain Falcon wears SPANDEX. SPANDEX. WHITE AND PINK SPANDEX.

Ganondorf, despite his Triforce of Power, gets his butt whipped by a fairy boy DAILY.

Snake is... Snake. He comes in a close second, because I can't say anything bad about him.

Captain Falcon: Look me in the eye and tell me he does not look sexy in those.

Ganon: That's because Link has the "Good triumphs over Evil" trump card.

Snake: He is more manly, all he needs for brawl is his fists and his manly beard.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord

Snake: He is more manly, all he needs for brawl is his fists and his manly beard.
If you team Captain Falcon with his pink and white spandex and Snake with his leopard camouflage, the overwhelming sexiness/manliness of the team would overheat your Wii eventually making it blow up.

P.S.

Did I mention that Samus sounds hawt? :)

Leahdybug

Smash Journeyman
I cant say that I imagined a voice when I played her games. However i haven't been playing way back with metroid like some vetrans. I agree with some about her voice sounding cocky but like others have mentioned, consider the circumstance. As for ton, awesome though, if she had to have a voice i am certainly ok with this one. For those that complain about a deep voice I have seriously got to know a comparison because she isnt any James Earl Jones. The voice is womanly, a voice of a woman with an objective and you are certainly in her way =P. So maybe not perfect but a nice match.

Kips

Smash Ace

*Looks you in the eye*

Captain Falcon looks like an advertisement for gang ****.

Ganondorf has the "I'm more badass so I win" card, yet still loses.

Snake has the manliest beard I have ever seen.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I prefer the Prime "voice" as well, but this certainly isn't bad for her. Very fitting for Samus, you wouldn't expect her to have a high pitched or really girly voice.

I really don't understand why they made her talk though, it's very unlike her to do that.

I didn't like how her character model was glitched up in the video though, on some of the frames it turned to the default blue model. I really hope that is fixed in the NA release.

ZeldaSheik

Smash Cadet
HOLY COW! SHE SOUNDS SO SEXY! I LOVE HER SO MUCH!
This is exactly how Samus should sound. Who is the Voice actress?

Eten

Smash Ace
Samus isn't really supposed to fit traditional masculine-feminine rolls. She never has. She's always been a chick but played the protagonist role of a protector and space warrior, but under the armor and her general backround you get the idea that she's extremely intelligent(self-designed chozo spaceship, wearing the most sophisticated piece of power armor ever made by a super-intelligent and ancient intergalactic race, etc.) Basically since the start you had to realize you didn't respect her more because she was a girl but you respected more because the fact that she was a girl wasn't such a big deal.

I think this voice is a way I can satisfy my conscious in the bridge between skin-tight blonde pony-tail blue eyed samus and powersuit samus. Suitless, she caries a very feminine appearance but she still defies strict classification(even as a dominant female- neither the voice nor her outfit should give anybody but the obsessed the image of black leather or latex) by matching it with a deeper or resonant, serious, and intelligent voice. Basically, it prevents Samus from becoming too sexualized, too girly, or too masculine.

Top Bottom